HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,194
Posts195,567
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 16
kland 12
Daryl 3
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
ProdigalOne
ProdigalOne
Alberta, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
2 registered members (2 invisible), 3,177 guests, and 16 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: The Simple Cure for Coronavirus: COVID-19 [Re: jackson] #192368
05/02/20 06:59 PM
05/02/20 06:59 PM
Green Cochoa  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
Originally Posted by jackson
APL,
Do you think Paul would have been spared if he had been bitten while presumpuously playing with the snake?

Many have expected that God would keep them from sickness merely because they have asked Him to do so. But God did not regard their prayers, because their faith was not made perfect by works. God will not work a miracle to keep those from sickness who have no care for themselves, but are continually violating the laws of health and make no efforts to prevent disease. When we do all we can on our part to have health, then may we expect that the blessed results will follow, and we can ask God in faith to bless our efforts for the preservation of health. He will then answer our prayer, if His name can be glorified thereby. But let all understand that they have a work to do. God will not work in a miraculous manner to preserve the health of persons who are taking a sure course to make themselves sick, by their careless inattention to the laws of health.
{ CD 26.1}

jackson, I agree. I would also point out that none of the following have anything to do with the laws of heath:

1) Face masks
2) Social distancing
3) Sanitizing hand gel
4) Quarantine
5) Absence from church assembly

We have become like sheep without a shepherd--and the shepherds have done worse than merely abandoning the sheep. They have locked the church doors so that the sheep could not even assemble amongst themselves shepherdless!

Face masks hide the Christian's smile, which is both a privilege and a duty to lift the spirits of those around. Social distancing runs contrary to the words of the angel: "Press together. Press together." Hand gel, while seeming to many to be a good idea, isn't. When alcohol or antibiotics are frequently placed on the skin, it kills all of the natural bacteria and makes room for fungal infection to take its place. Quarantining is not a law of health; it is a law of sickness. And sick people should be as welcome at church as anyone--perhaps more so, as the brethren can then become acquainted with their needs and minister to them. The elders of the church can pray for their healing.

We serve the God of Psalm 23 and 91. We serve the God of peace, and not of fear. We need not be afraid of the pandemic--we are told, instead, to be afraid of the fear!

"The Lord spake thus to me with a strong hand, and instructed me that I should not walk in the way of this people, saying, Say ye not, A confederacy, to all them to whom this people shall say, A confederacy; neither fear ye their fear, nor be afraid. Sanctify the Lord of hosts Himself; and let Him be your fear, and let Him be your dread. . . . Bind up the testimony, seal the law among My disciples. . . . To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them." Isaiah 8:11-20. {7T 153.2}

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

We can receive of heaven's light only as we are willing to be emptied of self. We can discern the character of God, and accept Christ by faith, only as we consent to the bringing into captivity of every thought to the obedience of Christ. And to all who do this, the Holy Spirit is given without measure. In Christ "dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in Him." [Colossians 2:9, 10.] {GW 57.1} -- Ellen White.
Re: The Simple Cure for Coronavirus: COVID-19 [Re: Green Cochoa] #192369
05/03/20 12:48 AM
05/03/20 12:48 AM
J
jackson  Offline
Posting New Member
Oregon, USA
Green Cochoa,
I agree wholeheartedly with your statement:
We serve the God of Psalm 23 and 91. We serve the God of peace, and not of fear. We need not be afraid of the pandemic--we are told, instead, to be afraid of the fear!

However, we have inspired cousel that we should obey the laws and customs of our society as long as they do not conflict with the Law of God - as uncomfortable and illogical as they may appear at times.

When Principle Is Not Violated, Follow Custom?When the practices of the people do not come in conflict with the law of God, you may conform to them. If the workers fail to do this, they will not only hinder their own work, but they will place stumbling blocks in the way of those for whom they labor and hinder them from accepting the truth.?The Review and Herald, April 6, 1911. { 2MCP 560.1 }

Great care should be exercised not to arouse bitterness or unnecessary prejudice, that would cut us off from influencing those for whom we labor. We are warned against making harsh or denunciatory statements regarding opponents of truth, or against rulers and statesmen; and we are advised ?to conform in all things to the laws of the state,? even to the extent of waiving some of our rights, ?when we can do so without conflicting with the law of God.? { RH March 9, 1911, par. 3

There should be no just occasion to our enemies to charge us with being lawless and defying the laws through any imprudence of our own. [See Testimonies for the Church 9:232-238,

?Sunday Labor.?] We should not feel it enjoined upon us to irritate our neighbors who idolize Sunday by making determined efforts to bring labor on that day before them purposely to exhibit an independence.... { 3SM 395.2}

The one sticky point is the prohibition of assemblies greater than 10 people- as is the "law" here in Oregon. This does infringe on our constitutional right of freedom of assembly and right to worship together

Our church has decided that we will use Zoom for our Sabbath School classes and church meetings. We also has a television station connected with our church so our Sabbath services are live streammed .on the internet.

We conduct the Sabbath service with10 or less people, including the camera man, and we make sure that those on camera stay 6 feet apart from each other. If two or more are singing together they stand apart , as well.r. It is all rather silly . but it lets us have a "virtual" church without violating the" laws" of the state.

There is no greater deception than for man to suppose that in any difficulty he can find a better guide than God, a wiser counselor in any emergency, a stronger defense under any circumstance.... Ellen White
Re: The Simple Cure for Coronavirus: COVID-19 [Re: Green Cochoa] #192370
05/03/20 01:35 AM
05/03/20 01:35 AM
Green Cochoa  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
Jackson,

Just here is where you and I may disagree. I believe that by closing our churches we ARE violating the law of God. This is the time to obey God rather than man. God's Word says we are not to forsake the assembling of ourselves together (Hebrews 10:25). Now, if God's word had said that we should not forsake the assembling of SOME of ourselves together, you would be correct in your less-than-ten-person assemblies. But it doesn't. That word "some" is not there.

The online "communion" service was about the most ridiculous thing I've heard of in a long, long time. I am alone in my house, having no church to attend, and no family nor friend present with me. Am I to wash my own feet? Bake my own bread? Bless it all myself? Break it myself? Pass it out to myself?

Most worldly people who drink do not drink alone. There is no joy in doing so. Communion service, without "communion," is what?

Ridiculous.

And it's against Jesus' command to His disciples--incidentally, of whom were 12 present at that time, enough to break the ten-person rule.

When we worship together, it is altogether different from private devotions in some very fundamental ways. Some enjoy listening to recorded ("canned") music. I don't know of anyone who similarly listens to recorded prayers. Do you? It just wouldn't be the same, would it? And yet our music, Ellen White says, is as prayer to God. When we pray collectively, gathered together in one place, we sense a different spirit and power to it than when we are alone.

"Greet the brethren with an holy kiss." So much for the six-foot rule.

Not one of the world's principles for dealing with the current situation aligns to God's principles. Not one. They all seem diametrically opposed to Christian living and to the work which we must do as Christians. There is, of course, a reason for this--and it is the very reason we must be awake and sensitive to our duty in these troublous times.

We might have to move this particular discussion to its own topic, but it is certainly an important one.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

We can receive of heaven's light only as we are willing to be emptied of self. We can discern the character of God, and accept Christ by faith, only as we consent to the bringing into captivity of every thought to the obedience of Christ. And to all who do this, the Holy Spirit is given without measure. In Christ "dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in Him." [Colossians 2:9, 10.] {GW 57.1} -- Ellen White.
Re: The Simple Cure for Coronavirus: COVID-19 [Re: Green Cochoa] #192373
05/04/20 01:20 AM
05/04/20 01:20 AM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
A building does net make a church.

Matthew 18:20 For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the middle of them.

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Re: The Simple Cure for Coronavirus: COVID-19 [Re: Green Cochoa] #192383
05/06/20 01:26 AM
05/06/20 01:26 AM
dedication  Offline
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
But it is sure nice to have a building to go to on Sabbath morning, where people can gather together in Christ's name.
God created people to need people, isolation is NOT healthy.

Re: The Simple Cure for Coronavirus: COVID-19 [Re: dedication] #192384
05/06/20 11:42 AM
05/06/20 11:42 AM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
Originally Posted by dedication
But it is sure nice to have a building to go to on Sabbath morning, where people can gather together in Christ's name.
God created people to need people, isolation is NOT healthy.
What building did Christ go to? The early Christians? Where was the Lord's Supper first held? What are house churches?

Matthew 18:20 For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the middle of them.

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Re: The Simple Cure for Coronavirus: COVID-19 [Re: Green Cochoa] #192385
05/06/20 03:28 PM
05/06/20 03:28 PM
dedication  Offline
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
APL -- the problem isn't building or no building.
The problem is ordering people NOT TO GATHER TOGETHER, PERIOD

You can't even gather together in your house or in the park.
Why are laws ordering people NOT to Gather together for worship.

Why even those who stayed in their cars and met together in a "drive in" service had problems with law,

Re: The Simple Cure for Coronavirus: COVID-19 [Re: dedication] #192388
05/06/20 04:52 PM
05/06/20 04:52 PM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
Originally Posted by dedication
APL -- the problem isn't building or no building.
The problem is ordering people NOT TO GATHER TOGETHER, PERIOD

You can't even gather together in your house or in the park.
Why are laws ordering people NOT to Gather together for worship.

Why even those who stayed in their cars and met together in a "drive in" service had problems with law,

If I gather with my spouse, I have fulfilled what Jesus has said.

Re: The Simple Cure for Coronavirus: COVID-19 [Re: APL] #192389
05/06/20 07:38 PM
05/06/20 07:38 PM
Green Cochoa  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
Originally Posted by APL
If I gather with my spouse, I have fulfilled what Jesus has said.

Selfish. You didn't gather with me. You left me alone, isolated, without family or friend, and therefore having no quorum with God as you seem to think you have.

I'm less certain you have it either. Jesus said a man and his wife were "one flesh." One isn't two.

Originally Posted by Holy Bible
Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh. (Genesis 2:24)

And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female, And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh? Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder. (Matthew 19:4-6)

You and your spouse are not two anymore. Just one. According to Jesus.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

Last edited by Green Cochoa; 05/06/20 07:39 PM.

Re: The Simple Cure for Coronavirus: COVID-19 [Re: Green Cochoa] #192391
05/06/20 08:46 PM
05/06/20 08:46 PM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
It is written;

VJohn 17:11 And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to you. Holy Father, keep through your own name those whom you have given me, that they may be one, as we are.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderator  Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by Rick H. 04/14/24 08:00 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:07 AM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 04/01/24 08:10 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/31/24 06:44 PM
Easter Sunday, Transgender Day of Visibility?
by dedication. 03/31/24 01:34 PM
The Story of David and Goliath
by TruthinTypes. 03/30/24 12:02 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Kevin H. 03/24/24 09:02 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by ProdigalOne. 04/15/24 09:43 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:31 AM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Climate Change and the Sunday Law
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:42 PM
WHAT IS THE VERY END-TIME PROPHECY?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 06:03 PM
Digital Identity Control
by Rick H. 03/23/24 02:08 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!