HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,189
Posts195,525
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 16
kland 15
Daryl 4
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Member Spotlight
Kevin H
Kevin H
New York
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
3 registered members (Karen Y, 2 invisible), 2,795 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: 1st Quarter 2021 ISAIAH [Re: dedication] #193724
02/16/21 08:22 PM
02/16/21 08:22 PM
dedication  Offline OP
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Lesson EIGHT
COMFORT MY PEOPLE

Chapter 40 in Isaiah is a wonderful chapter.
I would encourage everyone to read it and meditate on it.

40:1 Comfort ye, comfort ye my people, saith your God.

Yes, due to sin they had suffered. But Babylon is not the end of the story. The people are depicted in human bondage, but this is magnified to depict spiritual bondage.
The comfort is brought in the announcement of salvation! They were not to stay in Babylon but were to come out and receive their Savior.
2 ...to Jerusalem, and cry unto her, that her warfare is accomplished, that her iniquity is pardoned:

The Savior was coming to Jerusalem -- the prince of peace, Emmanuel, God with us!
He delivers from the bondage of sin. He offers pardon and life!

Next we see the announcement of His coming:

40:3 The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the LORD, make straight in the desert a highway for our God.
40:4 Every valley shall be exalted, and every mountain and hill shall be made low: and the crooked shall be made straight, and the rough places plain:
40:5 And the glory of the LORD shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it.

In ancient times the road which a king is expected to travel is cleared of all obstacles.
This voice in the wilderness is announcing the coming of the King of kings! In the wilderness of sin the way is to be prepared by sincere repentance and a turning from sin. It is the people's hearts that are to be prepared.
John the Baptist shows the meaning in his cry, "Bring forth therefore fruits meet for repentance (Matt. 3:8)

No special glory is given to the speaker -- it is the message that is important.
It's original fulfillment was in John the Baptist calling people to repentance, to put away things that were keeping them from receiving their King, and preparing them to receive the Messiah Who came from heaven to deliver them from the bondage and death sentence of sin.

Yet it has another fulfilment in our day -- for that very same King, Jesus Christ, our Savior, is coming again! This time in full glory, His reward with Him, to those who believed on His name and through the Holy Spirit repented of their sin, and put away all obstacles that stood between them and their Savior, He will give eternal life,, but to those who would not repent and did not desire deliverance from sin, there is only death.

The good news of the herald calling out for us to prepare the way of the LORD (Jehovah) and make straight the highway for our God, is that this is the gospel to go to every nation, kindred and people, that Emmanuel "God with us" came that first time, and died upon the cross, in order to open wide the door of Salvation to all, and all who believe and come into His light need not perish but have everlasting life!
The call is for us to prepare, for He is coming again -- the King of kings! It is real! He is coming again.

Reply Quote
Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Re: 1st Quarter 2021 ISAIAH [Re: dedication] #193737
02/18/21 03:23 AM
02/18/21 03:23 AM
dedication  Offline OP
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada

There is an urgency embedded in this chapter
40:3 The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the LORD.

Notice the messenger doesn't just casually suggest a preparation was needed. He CRIETH ---
And in verse six, the urgency is spelled out more clearly.

40:6 The voice said, Cry. And he said, What shall I cry? All flesh [is] grass, and all the goodliness thereof [is] as the flower of the field:
40:7 The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: because the spirit of the LORD bloweth upon it: surely the people [is] grass.
40:8 The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand for ever.

This lesson must be proclaimed -- it's urgent -- proclaim it with a loud voice
Why is it so urgent?

It's urgent because people have so little time to prepare. They are like the flowers and grass in the field. Here today gives a person no assurance of being here tomorrow. Life is short.

Peter, in 1 Peter1:24 alludes to Isaiah's texts..
"For all flesh is as grass, and all the glory of man as the flowers by the gates.

All things earthy are transitory, they don't last very long.
A "lifetime" even in healthy situation, is very short.
But God's Word stands forever.

40:9 O Zion, that bringest good tidings, get thee up into the high mountain; O Jerusalem, that bringest good tidings, lift up thy voice with strength; lift [it] up, be not afraid; say unto the cities of Judah, Behold your God!
40:10 Behold, the Lord GOD will come with strong [hand], and his arm shall rule for him: behold, his reward [is] with him, and his work before him.

Reply Quote
Re: 1st Quarter 2021 ISAIAH [Re: dedication] #193925
03/24/21 01:20 AM
03/24/21 01:20 AM
dedication  Offline OP
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
isaiah takes us to grand climax!

This old world and it's confusion and sorrows is NOT the final word!

Memory Text: ?For behold, I create new heavens and a new earth; and the former shall not be remembered or come to mind? (Isaiah 65:17).
65:18 But be ye glad and rejoice for ever in what I create: for, behold, I create Jerusalem a rejoicing, and her people a joy.
65:19 And I will rejoice in Jerusalem, and joy in my people: and the voice of weeping shall be no more heard in her, nor the voice of crying.

66:22 For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the LORD, so shall your seed and your name remain.
66:23 And it shall come to pass, [that] from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD.

In the visions of the prophet, those who have triumphed over sin and the grave are now seen happy in the presence of their Maker, talking freely with Him as man talked with God in the beginning. "Be ye glad," the Lord bids them, "and rejoice forever in that which I create: for, behold, I create Jerusalem a rejoicing, and her people a joy. And I will rejoice in Jerusalem, and joy in My people: and the voice of weeping shall be no more heard in her, nor the voice of crying." "The inhabitant shall not say, I am sick: the people that dwell therein shall be forgiven their iniquity." PK 729

Reply Quote
Re: 1st Quarter 2021 ISAIAH [Re: dedication] #193930
03/27/21 06:12 PM
03/27/21 06:12 PM
Daryl  Offline

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
There is also verse 24:

Isaiah 66:24 AKJV And they shall go forth, and look on the carcasses of the men that have transgressed against me: for their worm shall not die, neither shall their fire be quenched; and they shall be an abhorring to all flesh.

The following is written in the quarterly:

As a graphic warning to the people of his day, Isaiah encapsulates the contrast between faithful survivors of the Babylonian destruction and rebels, who would be destroyed.

This is not everlasting torment - the rebels are dead, killed by "fire," a destruction that was not quenched until it did its job so that the re-creation of Jerusalem could begin.

Isaiah's warning points forward to an ultimate fulfillment prophesied by the book of Revelation: destruction of sinners, Satan, and death in a lake of fire (Rev. 20:1-15), after which there will be "a new heaven and a new earth," a holy "new Jerusalem," and no more weeping or pain, "for the first things have passed away" (Rev. 21:1-4, NRSV; compare Isaiah 65:17-19), a new existence, with eternal life for all who are redeemed from the earth.

In His Love, Mercy & Grace,

Daryl smile

John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

http://www.christians-discuss.com/forum/index.php
Reply Quote
Re: 1st Quarter 2021 ISAIAH [Re: dedication] #193932
03/29/21 01:38 AM
03/29/21 01:38 AM
dedication  Offline OP
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
True, there is also verse 24.
Before the sinless new world is recreated, all sin will be burned, and the earth cleansed.

Yet, one can't help thinking that a lot of tears and anguish will take place no matter at that final which side one is on.
The redeemed standing on the wall of the New Jerusalem
and the lost outside the city.

Behold, ye sinners, the reward of the just! And behold ye my redeemed, the reward of the wicked! The vast multitude behold the
glorious company on the walls of the City. And as they witness the splendor of their glittering crowns, and see their faces radiant with glory, expressing the image of Jesus, and then behold the unsurpassed glory and majesty of the King of kings, and Lord of lords, their courage fails. The sense of the treasure and glory which they have lost, rushes upon them, and they have a realizing sense that the wages of sin is death. They see the holy, happy company whom they have despised, clothed with glory, honor, immortality and eternal life, while they are outside of the City with every mean and abominable thing. 1SG 217

Jesus died outside the city of Jerusalem, back in 31 A.D., carrying the sins of the whole world.
Because Jesus died outside the city, NO ONE needs to die outside the glorious New Jerusalem in that final judgment day when every person that has ever lived will be present.
But sadly millions will die. "No one shall go into the city unless they are pure in heart. Everything that is polluting, everything that defiles, is outside the city."

They are outside because they rejected Christ's offer of life and cleansing!

But what about those standing on the walls inside the city? Yes, there is great joy for them being with Jesus in that glorious city, BUT as they look down from those walls and see the lost a deep grief is bound to come to them. How will they feel when they see the face of some loved ones standing outside?
How many "if only's " will flood the minds. The question: "Could we have done more ?

Reply Quote
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/27/24 09:35 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Kevin H. 03/24/24 09:02 PM
The Story of David and Goliath
by ProdigalOne. 03/23/24 08:06 PM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 03/22/24 10:17 AM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by kland. 03/21/24 12:34 PM
The Value of Bible Types
by TruthinTypes. 03/17/24 06:22 PM
Orion Which Every One on the Globe Can See
by Rick H. 03/16/24 06:26 PM
'Prophet' Summons UFOs
by ProdigalOne. 03/16/24 02:19 AM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by dedication. 03/11/24 06:31 PM
Get That Razor Wire Up!
by kland. 03/05/24 12:49 PM
Messages for This Time
by ProdigalOne. 03/04/24 05:54 AM
The Lake of Fire is Hell
by Rick H. 03/02/24 05:01 PM
Adventist Agriculture
by kland. 02/29/24 12:33 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by Rick H. 03/27/24 10:36 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:50 PM
Time Is Short!
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:45 PM
Climate Change and the Sunday Law
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:42 PM
WHAT IS THE VERY END-TIME PROPHECY?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 06:03 PM
Digital Identity Control
by Rick H. 03/23/24 02:08 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 01:59 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by ProdigalOne. 03/16/24 08:38 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by Rick H. 03/16/24 06:30 PM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by Kevin H. 03/12/24 09:20 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Daryl. 03/04/24 06:14 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!