HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,189
Posts195,525
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
kland 15
Rick H 15
Daryl 4
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Member Spotlight
ProdigalOne
ProdigalOne
Alberta, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
3 registered members (Karen Y, 2 invisible), 2,970 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Happy Sabbath To All! #194365
08/14/21 12:48 PM
08/14/21 12:48 PM
T
The Wanderer  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2022

Central Alberta
I wanted to start this topic to wish my fellow believers here at Maritime Forums a Happy Sabbath, and to have a topic where we can worship our Lord each Sabbath. This Sabbath, as I look at the world around me, I think that we need to focus on hope. The Hope we have in Christ. The Hope we have in His Word:

Gen 50:20? As for you, you meant evil against me, but God meant it for good in order to bring about this present outcome, that many people would be kept alive [as they are this day].
Php 1:12? Now I want you to know, believers, that what has happened to me [this imprisonment that was meant to stop me] has actually served to advance [the spread of] the good news [regarding salvation].

Being imprisoned would cause many people to become bitter or to give up, but Paul saw it as one more opportunity to spread the Good News of Christ. Paul realized that his current circumstances weren't as important as what he did with them. Turning a bad situation into a good one, he reached out to the Roman soldiers who made up the palace guard and encouraged those Christians who were afraid of persecution. We may not be in prison, but we still have plenty of opportunities to be discouraged?times of indecision, financial burdens, family conflict, church conflict, or the loss of our jobs. How we act in such situations will reflect what we believe. Like Paul, look for ways to demonstrate your faith even in bad situations. Whether or not the situation improves, your faith will grow stronger.

"The worst foes of my spiritual life have never been hostile circumstance."

"There is always a little bit of light" (Micah 7:8)
https://www.lightintheclouds.net/word

Sincerely, IN Christ; and THROUGH The Spirit

- The Wanderer
Re: Happy Sabbath To All! [Re: The Wanderer] #194366
08/14/21 12:53 PM
08/14/21 12:53 PM
T
The Wanderer  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2022

Central Alberta
Php 1:14? Because of my chains [seeing that I am doing well and that God is accomplishing great things], most of the brothers have renewed confidence in the Lord, and have far more courage to speak the word of God [concerning salvation] without fear [of the consequences, seeing that God can work His good in all circumstances].

- The Wanderer
Re: Happy Sabbath To All! [Re: The Wanderer] #194396
08/21/21 04:12 AM
08/21/21 04:12 AM
T
The Wanderer  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2022

Central Alberta
Believing Under Utterly Hopeless Circumstances

Jesus wants to make all His mountains a way.[to His heart].

I go to the Scriptures for examples that I can follow in dealing with life, when my life gets hard to live. I noticed that The Bible does include others who somehow managed to believe under very hopeless circumstances. As Paul once stated:

"Under utterly hopeless circumstances he hopefully believed..." (Rom 4:18)

By taking that first step to hope, however small it might appear to be, it is actually a big step towards an epic journey. Hope frees one from being immobilized, gives us confidence that we can still take just one more step; one step better. And hope starts you on your way with added momentum. If you think you are not making enough progress fast enough, have you considered the following:

despise not the day of small beginnings (Zech 4:10)

We are tempted to think that the mountains of our worst experiences are mountains we need to avoid. But did you know that Jesus is able to make all such "mountains," a way to His heart, and for your own best good?

And I will make all My mountains a way, and My highways shall be set on high.?(Isa 49:11, MKJV)

Here, God promises: "I will make all my mountains a way, meaning, among other things ? I will remove all obstructions out of the way. I will give you strength according to your day, according to your mountains in your personal experience:

Every valley shall be exalted, and every mountain and hill shall be made low; and the crooked places shall be made level, and the rough places smooth;?and the glory of God shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together; for the mouth of God has spoken. (Isa 40:4-5).

Isaiah's book of comfort, written about 150 years before the time of Cyrus, promised the exiles from Judah that they would return to Jerusalem (Isa 40:1-2), where God would meet them in the form of the Suffering Servant (Isa 42:1-4)?the same One who would become a great King (Isa 7:14; Isa 9:6-7; Isa 11:1-5). The restoration after the Exile pointed to the coming of the Lord?s kingdom. In Isaiah?s prophecy, this first taste of salvation merges with predictions of the full salvation that Jesus Christ would bring. This kind of hope gives us what we need to rise above all of the biggest problems that we face. Jesus said "My Kingdom is not of this world," so His return is "The Blessed Hope," and that is why this text is close to my heart It means that God will take our biggest trials, questions, challenges,(the mountains), and make them all a way to His Heart! PTL! (see also Rom 8:28).

Pardoning mercy is a release from the curse of the law; from never being good enough, and renewing grace is a release from the dominion of sin: both are from Christ. He says to those in darkness, Show yourselves. Not only see, but be seen, to the glory of God, and your own comforts. Though there are difficulties in the way to heaven, yet the grace of God will carry us over them, and make even the mountains a way. This denotes the free invitations and the encouraging promises of the gospel, and the outpouring of the Spirit.

The fact that God makes His servant ?a covenant of the people,? i.e., the personal bond which unites God's people with Jesus in a new fellowship (see Isa 42:6), is the fruit of them being heard and helped. (Psalms 116:1)

Where, naturally, according to our thinking and ability, there could not be a way, on those pathless summits of the loftiest Alps, the Lord says, ?I will make all my mountains a way,? God will make a way for you to abide in Him no matter what, and if you want Jesus to abide in you. (John 15:7). If you are willing to make a way for God, he will make a way for you; the gulf shall be bridged, the mountain shall be levelled. "And my highways shall be exalted." (Isa 49:11)

Hope is not the conviction that something will turn out well but the certainty that something makes sense, regardless of how it turns out. -Vaclav Havel

Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see.?(Heb 11:1,NIV)

It is such a hard thing to think about what will happen to our family members when we know we are going to die soon. "What will happen to them when I am gone?" I cant imagine what that feels like. But I know people who stood on the face of that "mountain." My late wife did have that problem too. She was especially worried about her kids. I found it really painful to watch her go through that. I told her that it was OK to feel that way, to feel "inadequate" if you will for there is no one who can control everything and there are some things that we just have to leave to God. My wife and I had a prayer one night for her family members that she was worried about. It was almost like how some churches have a dedication ceremony for babies instead of a baptism, because some people think that baptism should only be for people old enough to think for themselves about such matters. But we had our prayer, and dedicated her loved ones to God, in a similar way, and since that night we did that, my wife was at peace with that part of her journey. She got the assurance that God would care for them after she was gone. Maybe you could do something similar? Find someone to pray about this kind of "mountain" with you, even invite the loved ones you are concerned about to join you?

As my loved one lay dying, I kept telling/assuring my wife that it was OK to not be OK, and that God knew her heart, and that Jesus would look after her every step of the way. Even "in the valley of the shadow of death." THAT "mountain" is something that God can help us all with. Just as He helped my wife. If you are the one dying, it might be good to write a letter to each person while you are still able to, say whatever you want them to hear, and I am sure they would really appreciate that after you are gone. It is important to recognize that things you want to say to different people, have to be said, or put in writing, in a letter or card, while you can. I encouraged my wife to do that with her loved ones, and she was very happy to do that. It made her feel like her life work was done right. The important thing is to tell people whatever you need to tell them while you can. It might be hard, but as I said it was very rewarding for my wife, and I am sure it would be for you too. I had to write two letters for my wife while she dictated, so if you need someone to help you with anything, just tell someone you trust what you need to do.

I have encountered people who thought Jesus might be thinking that we maybe don't trust Him, because we are concerned about our loved ones after we are gone. I hope you find the following thoughts helpful:

Jesus placed Mary, His Mother, in the care of John while He Was Dying He dedicated her.

John 19:27? Then He said to the disciple, "Behold your mother!" And from that hour that disciple (John) took her to his own home.?

Even while dying on the cross, Jesus was concerned about his family. He instructed John to care for His own Mother, Mary. Our families are precious gifts from God, and we should value and care for them under all circumstances. Even when dying. Neither Christian work nor key responsibilities in any job or position, or any other life circumstance is a reason for us to stop caring for our families. What can you do today to show your love to your family? Jesus asked his close friend John, the writer of this Gospel, to care for His own mother, Mary, whose husband, Joseph, must have been dead by this time. Why didn't Jesus assign this task to his brothers? As the oldest son, Jesus entrusted his mother to the person who stayed with him at the cross?and that was John. Perhaps that person John was the only one who Jesus could trust? Because John was there through thick and thin for Jesus. When Jesus was dying, His last thoughts were for others. And it was love that made Mary brave enough to encounter the tragedy of that scene on Calvary. The sword, as Simeon had foretold, was piercing her soul, Luke 2:35. Jesus knew how lonely she would be. He had neither silver nor gold, but could at least secure her a home and tender care with John. As the cross was elevated but slightly from the ground, His words could easily reach the little group waiting there by the cross. He chose the title, Woman, rather than ?Mother,? lest identification with Himself should bring her insult. And don't forget that Jesus was even concerned for his persecutors, and prayed for them as He was dying. Thinking of others is OK if its done the way Jesus did it.

Do you have anyone who can help you organize some of the spiritual things you have need of? If you do, it might be a good idea to contact them. Maybe you could make a tape or a video for each loved one you are concerned about? They would really love that sort of thing I am sure. Sometimes, it helps a lot to look at how others have handled their mountains. I am reminded of Horatio Spafford who had planned a trip to Europe for his wife and family. And at the last minute, he had to remain home on business. So he sent his wife and children on ahead in a ship. His wife and their four daughters aged 18 months to 12 years old boarded a ship in 1873, but unfortunately the ship the boarded crashed with another boat off the coast of Newfoundland and all four children died in that accident. His wife was rescued somehow. She sent a telegram to her anxious husband "saved alone." It is just so amazing how God made THAT mountain a way to His heart. There is one verse for the song that he wrote after this accident. The Song "It Is Well With My Soul" was penned by Spafford right after his children were lost. There is one stanza that some hymn books leave out. It reads as follows:

"Though Satan should buffet
though trials should come
Let this blest assurance control
That Christ has regarded my helpless estate
And has shed His own blood for my soul"

Here is a song that I think will speak volumes to your heart. My prayer partner and I have prayed for everyone suffering from cancer or other terminal diseases earlier tonight. If you want to be added to our prayer list, please let us know. https://lightintheclouds.net/word/prayer-requests/ You will stay on our prayer list for sure. Just give yourself to Jesus, as you are. (John 6:37). Jesus will take care of all that you cannot handle. He loves you with an everlasting love. (Jer 31:3) Jesus makes all His mountains a way!

But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ. (Eph 2:13, Isa 57:19)

Have you ever felt separate, excluded, hopeless? These verses are for you. No one is alienated from Christ's love or from the body of believers. Jesus wants to make all His mountains a way.

Through Jesus, we can Believe Under Utterly Hopeless Circumstances.

- The Wanderer
Re: Happy Sabbath To All! [Re: The Wanderer] #194446
09/06/21 11:17 AM
09/06/21 11:17 AM
Daryl  Offline

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
This is a test to see how adding a picture file works using the Attachment Manager link that appears below the text box.

Attached Files
bible.JPG (58 downloads)

In His Love, Mercy & Grace,

Daryl smile

John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

http://www.christians-discuss.com/forum/index.php
Re: Happy Sabbath To All! [Re: The Wanderer] #194447
09/07/21 12:27 AM
09/07/21 12:27 AM
T
The Wanderer  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2022

Central Alberta
Thanks Daryl. Any chance you can increase file size allowed a bit? My landscape photos are usually around 960 kb or so. If not, NP Ill have to make them smaller, but they wont look as nice then. smile

- The Wanderer
Re: Happy Sabbath To All! [Re: The Wanderer] #194449
09/07/21 06:39 AM
09/07/21 06:39 AM
T
The Wanderer  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2022

Central Alberta
For I tell you that this [Scripture] which is written must be completed and fulfilled in Me: 'AND HE WAS COUNTED WITH THE CRIMINALS'; for that which refers to Me has its fulfillment [and is settled]." [Isa 53:12]?(see Luke 22:37, AMP)
give me the Bible

There are many reasons today why people are running scared. It seems there is no end to the confusions and propaganda thats been called "news" all of which seeks to raise the FEAR factor to measures never before known on this planet. The whole world is rampant with no foundation, other than doubts and fear. Yet, everyone wants to be an "expert" and tell us their brand of confusion is better than yours or mine. As a person who has had a lot of trials and life-threatening life circumstances, I thought for sure my brain was toast, or would be toast with all that is going on around us until the happy day when I found the perfect solution. Yes. You heard me right. I don't even know what the question is; but I know what the answer is! Praise GOD from whom ALL blessings flow!!

The ANSWER I have found actually has a name: JESUS...IMMANUEL. God with us! (Isa 7:14, Mat 1:21)

God with us, in and through His word. The Bible! (Psalms 119:105, Prov 6:23, Psalms 19:8)

Isa 7:14? Therefore the Lord Himself will give you a sign: Listen carefully, the virgin will conceive and give birth to a son, and she will call his name Immanuel (God with us). [Isa 9:6; Jer 31:22; Mic 5:3-5; Mat 1:22-23]
Mat 1:23? "BEHOLD, THE VIRGIN SHALL BE WITH CHILD AND GIVE BIRTH TO A SON, AND THEY SHALL CALL HIS NAME IMMANUEL"--which, when translated, means, "GOD WITH US." [Isa 7:14]

It is a law of the mind that it gradually adapts itself to the subjects upon which it is trained to dwell. If occupied with commonplace matters only, it will become dwarfed and enfeebled. If never required to grapple with difficult problems, it will after a time almost lose the power of growth. As an educating power, the Bible is without a rival. In the word of God the mind finds subject for the deepest thought, the loftiest aspiration. The Bible is the most instructive history that men possess. It came fresh from the fountain of eternal truth, and a divine hand has preserved its purity through all the ages. It lights up the far-distant past, where human research seeks vainly to penetrate. In God's word we behold the power that laid the foundation of the earth and that stretched out the heavens. Here only can we find a history of our race, unsullied by human prejudice or human pride.

In the Holy Bible, are recorded the struggles, the defeats, and the victories of the greatest men this world has ever known. Here the great problems of duty and destiny are unfolded. The curtain that separates the visible from the invisible world is lifted, and we behold the conflict of the opposing forces of good and evil, from the first entrance of sin, to the final triumph of righteousness and truth; and all is but a revelation of the character of God. In the reverent contemplation of the truths presented in his word, the mind of the student is brought into communion with the infinite mind. Such a study will not only refine and ennoble the character, but it cannot fail to expand and invigorate the mental powers. {CE 65.1}
I was so excited when I found this quote, because I thought it meant that my poor brain would be recharged. renewed. And made into a new, vibrant thing. (2 Cor 5:17)

Our life is to be bound up with the life of Christ; we are to draw constantly from Him, partaking of Him, the living Bread that came down from heaven, drawing from a fountain ever fresh, ever giving forth its abundant treasures. If we keep the Lord ever before us, allowing our hearts to go out in thanksgiving and praise to Him, we shall have a continual freshness in our religious life. Our prayers will take the form of a conversation with God as we would talk with a friend. He will speak His mysteries to us personally. Often there will come to us a sweet joyful sense of the presence of Jesus. Often our hearts will burn within us as He draws nigh to commune with us as He did with Enoch. When this is in truth the experience of the Christian, there is seen in his life a simplicity, a humility, meekness, and lowliness of heart, that show to all with whom he associates that he has been with Jesus and learned of Him. {COL 129.3}

In those who possess it, the religion of Christ will reveal itself as a vitalizing, pervading principle, a living, working, spiritual energy. There will be manifest the freshness and power and joyousness of perpetual youth. The heart that receives the word of God is not as a pool that evaporates, not like a broken cistern that loses its treasure. It is like the mountain stream fed by unfailing springs, whose cool, sparkling waters leap from rock to rock, refreshing the weary, the thirsty, the heavy laden. {COL 130.1}
But the LORD's portion is his people, Jacob his allotted heritage.?

?He found him in a desert land, and in the howling waste of the wilderness; he encircled him, he cared for him, he kept him as the apple of his eye.?
Like an eagle that stirs up its nest, that flutters over its young, spreading out its wings, catching them, bearing them on its pinions,?
the LORD alone guided him...(Deut 32:9-12)

Vance Havner once said:

"When you find a Bible that is falling apart it usually belongs to someone who isn't."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngXOHu8pOTo

Attached Files
IMG_4002ww.jpg (40 downloads)
Last edited by The Wanderer; 09/07/21 06:44 AM.

- The Wanderer
Re: Happy Sabbath To All! [Re: The Wanderer] #194502
10/02/21 09:49 AM
10/02/21 09:49 AM
Rick H  Offline

Group: Admin Team
3000+ Member
Florida, USA
Originally Posted by The Wanderer
I wanted to start this topic to wish my fellow believers here at Maritime Forums a Happy Sabbath, and to have a topic where we can worship our Lord each Sabbath. This Sabbath, as I look at the world around me, I think that we need to focus on hope. The Hope we have in Christ. The Hope we have in His Word:

Gen 50:20? As for you, you meant evil against me, but God meant it for good in order to bring about this present outcome, that many people would be kept alive [as they are this day].
Php 1:12? Now I want you to know, believers, that what has happened to me [this imprisonment that was meant to stop me] has actually served to advance [the spread of] the good news [regarding salvation].

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/XQan9L3yXjc" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Being imprisoned would cause many people to become bitter or to give up, but Paul saw it as one more opportunity to spread the Good News of Christ. Paul realized that his current circumstances weren't as important as what he did with them. Turning a bad situation into a good one, he reached out to the Roman soldiers who made up the palace guard and encouraged those Christians who were afraid of persecution. We may not be in prison, but we still have plenty of opportunities to be discouraged?times of indecision, financial burdens, family conflict, church conflict, or the loss of our jobs. How we act in such situations will reflect what we believe. Like Paul, look for ways to demonstrate your faith even in bad situations. Whether or not the situation improves, your faith will grow stronger.

We must look to Christ even more, as everything else will be taken away as satan tries to destroy all hope and crush the faith of those who await Christ. I never imagined how quickly the last day events would be, but here we are.

Last edited by Rick H; 10/02/21 09:49 AM.
Re: Happy Sabbath To All! [Re: The Wanderer] #194508
10/02/21 03:34 PM
10/02/21 03:34 PM
T
The Wanderer  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2022

Central Alberta
[video:youtube][/video]

- The Wanderer
Re: Happy Sabbath To All! [Re: Rick H] #194509
10/02/21 03:39 PM
10/02/21 03:39 PM
T
The Wanderer  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2022

Central Alberta
Originally Posted by Rick H

We must look to Christ even more, as everything else will be taken away as satan tries to destroy all hope and crush the faith of those who await Christ. I never imagined how quickly the last day events would be, but here we are.

I would respectfully submit that we have not even come close to that point yet my friend. But when we do Jesus will be The One His people talk about. We wont have even a minute to extoll the "mighty" powers of satan.

I found this page in Streams In The Desert, a great devotional book that comes with the Esword Bible software:

"It is good for me that I have been afflicted" (Psa_119:71).

It is a remarkable circumstance that the most brilliant colors of plants are to be seen on the highest mountains, in spots that are most exposed to the wildest weather. The brightest lichens and mosses, the loveliest gems of wild flowers, abound far up on the bleak, storm-scalped peak.

One of the richest displays of organic coloring I ever beheld was near the summit of Mount Chenebettaz, a hill about 10,000 feet high, immediately above the great St. Bernard Hospice. The whole face of an extensive rock was covered with a most vivid yellow lichen which shone in the sunshine like the golden battlement of an enchanted castle.

There, in that lofty region, amid the most frowning desolation, exposed to the fiercest tempest of the sky, this lichen exhibited a glory of color such as it never showed in the sheltered valley. I have two specimens of the same lichen before me while I write these lines, one from the great St. Bernard, and the other from the wall of a Scottish castle, deeply embossed among sycamore trees; and the difference in point of form and coloring between them is most striking.

The specimen nurtured amid the wild storms of the mountain peak is of a lovely primrose hue, and is smooth in texture and complete in outline, while the specimen nurtured amid the soft airs and the delicate showers of the lowland valley is of a dim rusty hue, and is scurfy in texture, and broken in outline.

And is it not so with the Christian who is afflicted, tempest-tossed, and not comforted? Till the storms and vicissitudes of God?s providence beat upon him again and again, his character appears marred and clouded; but trials clear away the obscurity, perfect the outlines of his disposition, and give brightness and blessing to his life.

Amidst my list of blessings infinite
Stands this the foremost, that my heart has bled;
For all I bless Thee, most for the severe.
-- Hugh Macmillan

- The Wanderer
Re: Happy Sabbath To All! [Re: The Wanderer] #194510
10/02/21 03:58 PM
10/02/21 03:58 PM
Rick H  Offline

Group: Admin Team
3000+ Member
Florida, USA
Originally Posted by The Wanderer
Originally Posted by Rick H

I would respectfully submit that we have not even come close to that point yet my friend. But when we do Jesus will be The One His people talk about. We wont have even a minute to extoll the "mighty" powers of satan.

I found this page in Streams In The Desert, a great devotional book that comes with the Esword Bible software:

"It is good for me that I have been afflicted" (Psa_119:71).

It is a remarkable circumstance that the most brilliant colors of plants are to be seen on the highest mountains, in spots that are most exposed to the wildest weather. The brightest lichens and mosses, the loveliest gems of wild flowers, abound far up on the bleak, storm-scalped peak.

One of the richest displays of organic coloring I ever beheld was near the summit of Mount Chenebettaz, a hill about 10,000 feet high, immediately above the great St. Bernard Hospice. The whole face of an extensive rock was covered with a most vivid yellow lichen which shone in the sunshine like the golden battlement of an enchanted castle.

There, in that lofty region, amid the most frowning desolation, exposed to the fiercest tempest of the sky, this lichen exhibited a glory of color such as it never showed in the sheltered valley. I have two specimens of the same lichen before me while I write these lines, one from the great St. Bernard, and the other from the wall of a Scottish castle, deeply embossed among sycamore trees; and the difference in point of form and coloring between them is most striking.

The specimen nurtured amid the wild storms of the mountain peak is of a lovely primrose hue, and is smooth in texture and complete in outline, while the specimen nurtured amid the soft airs and the delicate showers of the lowland valley is of a dim rusty hue, and is scurfy in texture, and broken in outline.

And is it not so with the Christian who is afflicted, tempest-tossed, and not comforted? Till the storms and vicissitudes of God?s providence beat upon him again and again, his character appears marred and clouded; but trials clear away the obscurity, perfect the outlines of his disposition, and give brightness and blessing to his life.

Amidst my list of blessings infinite
Stands this the foremost, that my heart has bled;
For all I bless Thee, most for the severe.
-- Hugh Macmillan

Many of my friends and family and many church members say the same thing, but SOP tells us of the little time of trouble which clearly we are seeing, followed by the time to give the Loud Cry, then the times such as never was of the end...
https://m.egwwritings.org/en/book/39.24#27

Notice the final movements...
"The calamities by land and sea, the unsettled state of society, the alarms of war, are portentous. They forecast approaching events of the greatest magnitude. The agencies of evil are combining their forces and consolidating. They are strengthening for the last great crisis. Great changes are soon to take place in our world, and the final movements will be rapid ones." Testimonies for the Church 9:11 (1909).

Many will find themselves very surprised and undone by the quickness of the end time events..

Last edited by Rick H; 10/02/21 04:34 PM.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderator  Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/27/24 09:35 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Kevin H. 03/24/24 09:02 PM
The Story of David and Goliath
by ProdigalOne. 03/23/24 08:06 PM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 03/22/24 10:17 AM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by kland. 03/21/24 12:34 PM
The Value of Bible Types
by TruthinTypes. 03/17/24 06:22 PM
Orion Which Every One on the Globe Can See
by Rick H. 03/16/24 06:26 PM
'Prophet' Summons UFOs
by ProdigalOne. 03/16/24 02:19 AM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by dedication. 03/11/24 06:31 PM
Get That Razor Wire Up!
by kland. 03/05/24 12:49 PM
Messages for This Time
by ProdigalOne. 03/04/24 05:54 AM
The Lake of Fire is Hell
by Rick H. 03/02/24 05:01 PM
Adventist Agriculture
by kland. 02/29/24 12:33 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by Rick H. 03/27/24 10:36 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:50 PM
Time Is Short!
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:45 PM
Climate Change and the Sunday Law
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:42 PM
WHAT IS THE VERY END-TIME PROPHECY?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 06:03 PM
Digital Identity Control
by Rick H. 03/23/24 02:08 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 01:59 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by ProdigalOne. 03/16/24 08:38 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by Rick H. 03/16/24 06:30 PM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by Kevin H. 03/12/24 09:20 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Daryl. 03/04/24 06:14 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!