HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,189
Posts195,525
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
kland 15
Rick H 15
Daryl 4
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Member Spotlight
Kevin H
Kevin H
New York
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
3 registered members (Karen Y, 2 invisible), 3,150 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 82 of 95 1 2 80 81 82 83 84 94 95
Re: Seven Trumpets reconsidered [Re: Karen Y] #195125
10/26/22 06:19 AM
10/26/22 06:19 AM
dedication  Offline
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
I understand the trumpets as being connected to war and conflict.
They are judgments on nations who were given opportunities to accept the gospel message but rejected and resisted it.
They are all examples and warnings of the final destruction of the earth.
But they are examples we are to learn from in history,, they are not the final upheavel.

Whereas the plagues are -- well they are plagues. They are the undoing of creation at the end of earth's history.

Interesting that earth, sea, and fountains of waters as well as the heavenly bodies are addressed in several places:
The earth ? the home of mankind.
The sea ? the nations, kindreds and people
The fountains of water ? the life giving gospel and truth
The heavens ? the sun, moon and stars
The call to worship God, also addresses God as the Creator of the heavens, (that would include the sun, moon and stars) the earth, the sea, and the fountains of waters. Worship Him Who made the heavens the earth, the sea and the fountains of water. Rev. 14:7

The battle for worship is central in Revelation. The call to worship God the Creator, and avoid worshipping the creature itself.

EXAMPLES trumpets vs plagues

THE FIRST TRUMPET

The first trumpet falls upon the earth.
Why? Christ came to earth (the home of mankind) to redeem mankind.
The trumpets show the judgments on nations who were given opportunities to accept the gospel message but rejected and resisted it.John 1:10-11 He was in the world and the world was made by Him, and the world knew Him not. He came to His own, but His own received Him not."
Terrible rejection -- If only they had recognized and accepted the Creator Himself walking among them!!!

Christ wept over Jerusalem, and in sorrow predicted this first judgement which would fall upon Jerusalem later in 70 AD:

Luke 19:43-44 For days will come upon you when your enemies will build an embankment around you, surround you and close you in on every side, and level you, and your children within you, to the ground; and they will not leave in you one stone upon another, because you did not know the time of your visitation.
Luke 21:20-24).For these are the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled? There will be great distress in the land and wrath upon this people. And they will fall by the edge of the sword, and be led away captive into all nations. And Jerusalem will be trampled by Gentiles until the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled? "

The first angel sounded, and there followed hail and fire mingled with blood, and they were cast upon the earth: and the third part of trees was burnt up, and all green grass was burnt up.

?terribly was visited that awful imprecation uttered before the judgment-seat of Pilate: ?His blood be on us, and on our children.? [Matthew 27:25.] ?Terrible were the calamities that fell upon Jerusalem when the siege was resumed by Titus.,,, In their fury the (Roman) soldiers hurled blazing brands of fire into the chambers adjoining the temple, and then with their swords they slaughtered in great numbers those who had found shelter there. Blood flowed down the temple steps like water. Thousands upon thousands of Jews perished. Above the sound of battle, voices were heard shouting, ?Ichabod!??the glory is departed?.The Saviour's prophecy concerning the visitation of judgments upon Jerusalem is to have another fulfillment, of which that terrible desolation was but a faint shadow. In the fate of the chosen city we may behold the doom of a world that has rejected God's mercy and trampled upon his law. (Chapter one of Great Controversy)

THE SECOND TRUMPET

The second trumpet falls upon the sea. The most prominent and influential nation (empire) over the sea of nations.
Imperial Rome destroyed Jerusalem. (70 AD)
Imperial Rome persecuted the Christians (up to 312 AD).
Imperial Rome combined their paganism with Christianity (after 312 AD)
Imperial Rome enforced the Roman Catholic religion on all her subjects.
Imperial Rome elevated the Roman Bishop as the Pontifex Maximus
But Imperial Rome received her judgment.

By 457 AD the western Roman Empire had fallen to the barbarian nations.
8And the second angel sounded, and as it were a great mountain burning with fire was cast into the sea: and the third part of the sea became blood;
9And the third part of the creatures which were in the sea, and had
life, died; and the third part of the ships were destroyed.

The "mountain" in symbolism represents a great nation.
Jeremiah 51:24,25
"I am against thee, O destroying mountain says the Lord, which destroyest all the earth: and I will stretch out my hand upon you and roll you down from the rocks and will make you a burnt mountain."
Jeremiah 51:42 "The sea is come up upon Babylon; she is covered with the multitude of the waves thereof, her cities are desolation".
Jeremiah 51:49 As Babylon has caused the slain of Israel to fall, so at Babylon shall fall the slain.

Just like in Jeremiah 51 speaking of ancient Babylon, Rome. the one who destroyed Jerusalem is now in the second trumpet, facing her own judgment of destruction.
Like a great burning mountain the mighty Roman Empire fell as the barbaric tribes came in waves, like the waves of the sea, leaving bloodshed and confusion in their wake.
Some, like the Vandels came by ship and fiery sea battles were waged.
Remember that the century of disasters (378-476) happened after Rome had professed to accept Christianity. Again the judgment fell on professors who had the knowledge of the gospel.

And yes, this trumpet, which sounded in the past, also gives an example of what happens in the endtime. History will repeat.
Notice the interesting parallels of Jeremiah 51's symbolic connections to the second trumpet and how it corresponds to Rev. 18-- for the similarities are rather striking.
The merchants
The mighty city Babylon,
Sea trade
A Mighty angel taking a huge stone and casting it into the sea, saying, thus with violence shall that great city Babylon be thrown down, and shall be found no more. Rev 18:32

(....)

But I DO NOT see the trumpets as being in the future as parallels, or announcing the plagues even if they also affect the earth, sea, water, etc.
The plagues portray the earth earth disintegrating -- God's creative work is being all UNDONE!

THE FIRST PLAGUE
Starts the undoing Creation. In Genesis God ended His creating work, by forming mankind, made from the dust of the earth and placed upon the earth to care and subdue the earth.
The first angel poured out his vial upon the earth, and there fell a noisome and grievous sore upon the people who had the mark of the beast and upon them that worshipped his image.

The first plague is a grievous health issue that seriously affects the life and wellbeing of those who rejected God's saving grace.

THE SECOND - THIRD PLAGUE
Undoes what God created on the fifth day of creation -- the life forms in the sea.
Water is essential to life, but in these plagues, it is polluted and unable to sustain life.

The sun (fourth day creation - fourth plague) undergoes changes that severly threaten survival.

In the beginning God created a perfect world, perfectly suited for human and other creatures to live and thrive. In the plagues we see this all being undone and life becomes intolerable for all who rejected the power and protection of Christ. The demons and those who have sold their souls to demons do miracles to rally the people to continue their fight against God. But Christ comes to deliver His people, amid total upheavel that leaves the earth desolate, and puts an end to sin and it's results.

Last edited by dedication; 10/26/22 11:49 PM.
Re: Seven Trumpets reconsidered [Re: Karen Y] #195135
10/29/22 11:13 PM
10/29/22 11:13 PM
K
Karen Y  Online Content OP
SDA
Active Member 2023

Michigan, US
Here is my understanding of the chain of connections which explains the link between the seven plagues and seven trumpets.

The four angels of Chapter 7 are holding the plagues until the sealing of God completes. Ultimately, those who are not sealed will receive the seven last plagues. To say it another way is those people are the ones who received the mark of the beast and worshiped the image of the beast. They are the most wicked remained upon the earth. They will be hurt by the letting go of the four wind that is held by the four angels. Thus, the four winds denote "evil" or plagues.

Jer. 25:32 "Thus saith the Lord of hosts, Behold, evil shall go forth from nation to nation, and a great whirlwind shall be raised up from the coasts of the earth."
Jer. 49:37 "For I will cause Elam to be dismayed before their enemies, and before them that seek their life: and I will bring evil upon them, even my fierce anger, saith the Lord; and I will send the sword after them, till I have consumed them"

1st plague: Rev. 16:2 "And the first went, and poured out his vial upon the earth; and there fell a noisome and grievous sore upon the men which had the mark of the beast, and upon them which worshipped his image."

1st trumpet: Rev 8:7 "The first angel sounded, and there followed hail and fire mingled with blood, and they were cast upon the earth: and the third part of trees was burnt up, and all green grass was burnt up."

Rev.7:1-3 "And after these things I saw four angels standing on the four corners of the earth, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, nor on the sea, nor on any tree. And I saw another angel ascending from the east, having the seal of the living God: and he cried with a loud voice to the four angels, to whom it was given to hurt the earth and the sea, Saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads."

"to hurt the earth and the sea, Saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads." This passage of the earth, the sea and trees denotes people.

"cast upon the earth: and the third part of trees was burnt up, and all green grass was burnt up." This passage of trees and green grass also denotes people.

"upon the men which had the mark of the beast, and upon them which worshipped his image." This passage represents people who received the mark of the beast and worshipped his image.

Rev. 7:1-3 tell us that people who are not sealed during the probation, they will be destroyed or be hurt during the seven last plague time.

Rev. 15:7 "And one of the four beasts gave unto the seven angels seven golden vials full of the wrath of God, who liveth for ever and ever." This passage tells us that one of the four beasts will give the bowls of the seven last plagues, the wrath of God, to pour out when the sealing is completed. I believe the four beasts are the identical beings as the four angels of Rev. 7:1-3. This is also confirmed by the text of Rev. 9:14 "Saying to the sixth angel which had the trumpet, Loose the four angels which are bound in the great river Euphrates."

The four angels were told to hold in Rev. 7:1-3, but they are told to loose their hold in Rev. 9:14. This connection tells of the future event. It is the time of the wrath of God, the seven last plagues.

Chapter 9:13-21 is the sixth trumpet message. It is telling of the future event, not about a past. Rev. 9:13 makes even more clear of the future event because it says, "...I heard a voice from the four horns of the golden altar which is before God." The text has a background of sanctuary since the four horns are mentioned. When a response from the temple of God occurs, it denotes the end of probation. Listen to Rev. 16:17 "...there came a great voice out of the temple of heaven, from the throne, saying, It is done."

The sixth trumpet talks about three plagues-fire, smoke, and brimstone (Rev. 9:17-18). Also, v. 20 says in a plain word, saying, "the rest of the men which were not killed by these plagues yet repented not..." These three plagues are to punish the three unclean spirits of Rev. 16:13.

Rev. 16:13 "And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet."

The dragon represents pagan religion.
The beast represents the Papacy.
The false prophet represents apostate Christianity.

The three plagues of trumpet are the warnings that will punish them with fire, smoke, and brimstone respectively.

Every angle I consider, it is obvious to me that the seven trumpets are the warning of the seven last plagues. I hope to share some more next time. Thanks for your explanation of your view, dedication. Though you do not agree with me, you may examine my view. I am open to hear any opinion or opposition if I am mistaken or hold unbiblical interpretation.

Re: Seven Trumpets reconsidered [Re: Karen Y] #195137
10/30/22 09:07 PM
10/30/22 09:07 PM
dedication  Offline
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Yes, the trumpets are warnings. But we need to ask, who needs to be warned?

THREE QUESTIONS
One question -- do all the inhabiters of the earth live in the last generation?
Has not the full revelation of the gospel of Christ gone out to the whole world ever since the time of Pentecost when the apostles received the Holy Spirit?

Second question --- Did not Paul state that people were receiving the seal by the Holy Spirit already in his day?
Or are only the last generation sealed?
See 2 Cor. 1:22, Eph. 1:13 and 4:30?

Third question -- Did not Daniel in Daniel 12:2 say that many of the people who rejected and pierced Christ (symbolically as well as literally) will be raised prior to the second coming to see His coming. People who did NOT receive the gospel seal in their lifetime and publicly opposed the gospel message will be raised to live through scenes of the end.. (See also Maranatha 284)
And won't all be called to stand before the judgment seat of Christ? 2 Cor. 5:10 says, We must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each of us may receive what is due us for the things done while in the body, whether good or bad.?
Shouldn't these past generations been given the trumpet warnings as well?
Or is it only the last generation that face the last events? Earlier generations didn't experience the Beast, paganism, and false prophets?????

Yes,I realize there is a difference between the gospel seal and the final, apocalyptic seal, for once the final apocalyptic seal is placed probation will close, there will be people living but probation will be closed and there will be no more opportunity to change. Those who are just will remain just, and those unjust will remain unjust.

But don't you think the world, all through the gospel era, would receive warning of what they would face in the last day? It's not just about the last generation -- it's about rejecting Christ and the Holy Spirit all through the ages since HIS sacrifice for our redemption has been manifest to the world.

Once probation is closed and the plagues come it will be too late!

Yes, the trumpets warn of the fate of all who reject the gospel and the Holy Spirit's sealing power -- but those warnings aren't something that sound a warning after it's too late! They have been warning at regular intervals all through the Christian era. God is interested in all generations not just the last generation. Warnings against paganism woven into Christianity, warnings against papal usurpation of the ministry of Christ, warnings against false prophets saying obedience is legalism, warnings against trusting in a ritual religion instead of a saving relationship with Christ, warnings of false religions. All these were problems in the past deceiving people as well as now and in the near future. Each trumpet alerted people that those were spiritually dangerous paths leading in destruction.

ALTAR OF INCENSE prove sixth trumpet is future?
I don't see it that way, in fact I think it shows the sixth trumpet is past..

Karen shared the following:
Chapter 9:13-21 is the sixth trumpet message. It is telling of the future event, not about a past. Rev. 9:13 makes even more clear of the future event because it says, "...I heard a voice from the four horns of the golden altar which is before God."

But Karen -- the golden altar is the altar of incense -- in the holy place, where Christ was mediating before 1844. It was after 1844 Christ took the golden censor into the Most Holy Place for His ministry there.
In the first apartment, or holy place, were the table of showbread, the candlestick, or lampstand, and the altar of incense. PP348

in vision the apostle John was granted a view of the temple of God in Heaven, he beheld there ?seven lamps of fire burning before the throne.? [Revelation 4:5.] He saw an angel ?having a golden censer; and there was given unto him much incense, that he should offer it with the prayers of all saints upon the golden altar which was before the throne.? [Revelation 8:3.] Here the prophet was permitted to behold the first apartment of the sanctuary in Heaven; and he saw there the ?seven lamps of fire? and the ?golden altar? represented by the golden candlestick and the altar of incense in the sanctuary on earth. Again, ?the temple of God was opened,? [Revelation 11:19.] and he looked within the inner veil, upon the holy of holies. Here he beheld ?the ark of His testament,? represented by the sacred chest constructed by Moses to contain the law of God GC 414.

Re: Seven Trumpets reconsidered [Re: Karen Y] #195138
10/30/22 11:56 PM
10/30/22 11:56 PM
dedication  Offline
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
THE FEAST OF TRUMPETS GIVES US THE FRAMEWORK IN FINDING THE MEANING OF REVELATION'S TRUMPETS

The feast of Trumpets was observed on the first day of the seventh month. Now the first day of every month was begun with the blowing of trumpets. So why make special mention of the blowing of trumpets on the first day of the seventh month?

The unique difference of the seventh month was in the realization that this was the month containing the day of atonement when the High Priest in before the ark of the covenant. All were to search the hearts and consecrate themselves to the Lord in preparation for this solemn day which represented the final judgment.

It is interesting that seven months pass, each month beginning with a trumpet blast. On the seventh month, we have the seventh trumpet announcing the day of atonement.
The ceremonial trumpets were spaced over the entire seven months between Passover and the Day of Atonement. Each trumpet call held the concept of a miniature" or foretaste of the final judgment.

Are any bells ringing? Do we see parallels with these feasts and the sounding of trumpets in Revelation?

In Revelation we have seven trumpets blown consecutively, not all together. And when the seventh trumpet blows, in chapter 11, we see the inner door into the Most Holy of Heaven opened and we see the ark, while the 24 elders declare that the time of judgment has come.

It seems very likely that the blowing of the seven trumpets in Revelation correspond to the blowing of trumpets at the seven New Moon (or New Month) festivals in the Old Testament. Each new moon trumpet blowing was understood as a day of judgment in miniature, which warned people to prepare for the final judgment which would be ushered in by the Feast of Trumpets. When the seventh trumpet blew, it was to announce the Day of Atonement was at hand.

In like manner, the trumpets in Revelation each have a warning function. When the seventh trumpet is sounded (Rev. 11:18) the judgment is announced and the ark of the covenant is seen.

Re: Seven Trumpets reconsidered [Re: Karen Y] #195140
11/01/22 03:26 PM
11/01/22 03:26 PM
Kevin H  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

New York
I don't think I understand the first question; and maybe not fully the third, but I would like to address the second question, which I think also answers at least part of the third.

Yes, the sealing has been going on in all generations since the fall. There has always been a three or can also be put four divisions of what has historically been a bell curve.

At the two extremes you have a few people in each generation who have either come to trust God so completely that there was nothing that can shake their faith. (While Mrs. White does not mention his name, scholars have noticed that she writes down descriptions popular in her time of John Wesley in her descriptions of this group.) And at the other extreme are those who's hearts are so hard that they refuse to change; thus committing the unpardonable sin. The third group are those of us in the middle.

This middle group can be split into two: One are those who have accepted the Lord into their lives, but have not reached the unshakable complete and total trust yet; but are growing. The second group here are those who have not yet accepted the Lord into their lives, but who may, or as yet has not committed the unpardonable sin. Thus we constantly reach out to them so that many can come in.

A tradition has developed in Adventism that is not in the Bible or Mrs. White. That is the idea that the last generation perfection will be of a different QUALITY of any generation before. No, Mrs. White sees a small group in every generation which had reached the perfection (and again, her descriptions of these people sound like the descriptions given of John Wesley). What Mrs. White sees as different is the QUANTITY, where the bell curve becomes inverted and everyone is either at one end or the other. Larger numbers than ever before coming to that total unshakable trust and love of God and those with unshakable rebellion.

In a sense you can say, at least on God's part there is always opportunity to change. However, on the part of man we have either formed a character that enjoys this opportunity, or else formed a character where nothing else can reach us. I understand hell to be locked from the inside, not the outside. It is locked by a total and absolute refusal to respond to God's love.

Re: Seven Trumpets reconsidered [Re: dedication] #195141
11/02/22 09:47 AM
11/02/22 09:47 AM
K
SDA
Active Member 2023

Michigan, US
When the text of Rev. 9:13 is incorporated into the seven last plagues in which a voice came out from the temple, "it is done" makes perfect link. We can see where the four horns of the golden altar stands is the temple. Thus, if a voice came out from the four horns, it clearly indicate that God the Father responses to Jesus' ministration of intercession when it is done. In this perspective, I believe that the sixth trumpet conveys the close of probation as the introduction of the seven trumpets circumscribed.

The snapshot of the introduction of the seven trumpets finds its own climax in the phenomenon of each trumpet's blow. Of course, the sound of the seven trumpets carries the warning of the coming judgment day all the way till Jesus' Second Coming from the beginning point of Jesus' ascension. I do not see the warning of the seven trumpets as a consecutive historical event, but as the warning of the coming judgment thru the seven last plagues.

Even the first trumpet denotes of hurting trees and all green grass, which Chap. seven clearly presented to the readers that the four angels must hold "the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, on the sea, or on any tree" (7:1) until the sealing of God completes. When the sealing work of God is finished, seven last plagues will consummate the wicked who received the mark of the beast and worshipped the image of the beast. The most wicked will receive the seven last plagues in which they are symbolically spoken as the trees and all green grass of the earth in the context.

The second trumpet conveys a destruction of the sea which is unstoppable by any means of human effort. Thus, it is described as "a great mountain burning with fire". The force of destruction is so tremendous and velocity increase unto death as likened as blood. It says it was "thrown into the sea, and a third of the sea became blood" (8:8).

The third trumpet talks about the drinking water poisoned that "many men died from the water" (8:11). The third plague of bloody-drinking water links with the third trumpet. The angel of the waters says that God is righteous because He made the wicked drink the bloody waters since "they have shed the blood of saints and prophets" (16:6).

I believe that all the seven trumpet messages must support the snapshot of the introduction, which describes that Jesus' intercession will cease when the fire of the golden altar thrown into the earth.

Re: Seven Trumpets reconsidered [Re: Karen Y] #195153
11/07/22 02:52 PM
11/07/22 02:52 PM
K
SDA
Active Member 2023

Michigan, US
I believe that the Sabbath is central to Revelation message.

Notice between the sixth and seventh seals, an interlude comes in, which declares that the four winds should be held until the sealing of God is complete.
Notice, between the sixth and seventh trumpets, an interlude comes in, which the mighty angel swore by Him and cry for an attention to the Sabbath by the thundering sound.

Rev. 7:3 "do not harm the earth, the sea, or the trees till we heave sealed the servants of our God on there foreheads."
Rev. 10:6 "and swore by Him who lives forever and ever, who created heaven and the things that are in it, and the sea and the things that are in it, that there should be delay no longer,"

While the Sabbath is proclaimed in a scope of worldwide, the fifth trumpet gives a warn to those who are not seal.

Rev. 9:4 "They were commanded not to harm the grass of the earth, or any green thing, or any tree, but only those men who do not have the seal of God on their foreheads."

When the harm happens, those are not sealed have to receive the last seven plagues. I see clearly the harm is the evil which God said it will come.

Re: Seven Trumpets reconsidered [Re: Karen Y] #195156
11/09/22 10:11 AM
11/09/22 10:11 AM
K
SDA
Active Member 2023

Michigan, US
Rev. 9:4 "They were commanded not to harm the grass of the earth, or any green thing, or any tree, but only those men who do not have the seal of God on their foreheads."

Those who are sealed in the Sabbath truth, they will not be hurt when the letting go of the four winds of the four angels of Revelation because God commanded them not to harm them. When the harm happens it is only those who rejected the true Sabbath. I believe at the end, all will receive the mark of the beast and worship the image of the beast except just minority of the Sabbath keepers. In other words, the first plague will fall on those who refuse to be sealed.

Rev. 16:2 "And the first went, and poured out his vial upon the earth; and there fell a noisome and grievous sore upon the men which had the mark of the beast, and upon them which worshipped his image."

I believe the unprecedented pestilence of Covid-19 was just a precursor to what is to come of the wrath of God in the seven last plagues.

The Sunday law has begun to enforce upon the believers since the Popery became supremacy power in Europe at 538 AD, and it continues until now behind the scene. It has been almost 1500 years of Sunday worship promotion. Just as Israelites was oppressed 400 years in Egypt. God brought them out from the land of Egypt and taught them the Sabbath keeping for 40 years in the wilderness. It is interesting to find out 400 to 40 years ratio which maybe applicable to 1500 years to 150 days (5 months) of prophecy in Rev. Ch 9:5, 10 that related to the seal of God, the Sabbath.

Rev. 9:5, 10 "And to them it was given that they should not kill them, but that they should be tormented five months: and their torment was as the torment of a scorpion, when he striketh a man."
"And they had tails like unto scorpions, and there were stings in their tails: and their power was to hurt men five months."

Re: Seven Trumpets reconsidered [Re: Karen Y] #195176
11/15/22 10:47 AM
11/15/22 10:47 AM
K
SDA
Active Member 2023

Michigan, US
The Introduction of the snapshot of Seven Trumpets is Jesus' ministration before the throne of God (see Rev. 8:2-5). Jesus stood before the golden altar and He offers up the incense of all the saints that are given to Him.

The golden altar of sanctuary has four horns upon it (Lev. 16:18). The high priest applied the blood of bull and goat upon the four horns as the last ceremony of atonement on day of atonement.

Let's bear in mind that the four horns indicate the background of the last thing of atonement ceremony. When we examine the passage of Rev. 9:13, which says, "...I heard a voice from the four horns of the golden altar..." it means God the Father is responding to Jesus' ministration because probation is over.

God gave specific details how to build sanctuary and make its articles unto Moses (Ex. 25:9). It is interesting to discover that the instruction to make golden altar was given at the end after all the other instructions are given for the articles of the holy and the most holy place.

We can carefully look and observe that the sixth trumpet's warning corresponds to the snapshot of the Seven Trumpets; "a voice from the four horns of the golden altar" which clearly indicates about the probation will come to an end.

The sixth plague is about the three unclean spirits working to gather the whole world into the battle of Armageddon, which we are living in the time of its movement; strong movement of ecumenism.

When the text of Rev. 9:13 is incorporated into the seven last plagues in which a voice came out from the temple, "it is done" makes perfect link. We can see where the four horns of the golden altar exist in the heavenly temple. Thus, if a voice came out from the four horns, it clearly indicates that God the Father responses to Jesus' ministration when it finishes. In this perspective, I believe that the sixth trumpet conveys the close of probation as the introduction of the seven trumpets circumscribed.

Re: Seven Trumpets reconsidered [Re: Karen Y] #195178
11/16/22 11:18 AM
11/16/22 11:18 AM
K
SDA
Active Member 2023

Michigan, US
The unity of the seven trumpets profoundly speaks of the imminent close of probation. Each message conveys the concept of the end of the world and its destruction.
1st trumpet => upon the earth => trees and grasses (people) burnt up
2nd trumpet => upon the sea => living creatures die
3rd trumpet => upon the springs of water => many men died
4th trumpet => trouble of light sources => climate changes
5th trumpet => a fallen star (Papacy) => endeavor to prevent the sealing of God
6th trumpet => God's voice from the temple => response to Jesus' mediatorial work
7th trumpet => kingdoms of this world become the kingdom of God

I believe that the seven trumpets' message has imagery of culmination to the end as each trumpet blows, however, in totality, the notion of close probation cannot be denied from the each element.

the seven trumpets' message corresponds to the seven last plagues:

1st plague => poured upon the earth => only wicked remained that received the mark of the beast and worship his image.
2nd plague => poured upon the sea => every creature died
3rd plague => poured upon the springs of water => turned to blood (angels are telling that the consequence of water turn to blood is because shedding of the blood of saints and prophets)
4th plague => son scorching heat => no death is mentioned, but continues to blaspheme God's name (by promoting counterfeit of the Sabbath)
5th plague => poured upon the seat of the beast(Papacy) => though they gnawed their tongues for pain but still will blaspheme God
6th plague => three unclean spirits movement for ecumenism => into the place of Armageddon
7th plague => "it is done" => five weapons by the ark of covenant (Rev. 11:19) fall as exactly announced

May our eyes be open to discern such plain and clear connections and give us understanding of the prophetic message.

Page 82 of 95 1 2 80 81 82 83 84 94 95

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/27/24 09:35 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Kevin H. 03/24/24 09:02 PM
The Story of David and Goliath
by ProdigalOne. 03/23/24 08:06 PM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 03/22/24 10:17 AM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by kland. 03/21/24 12:34 PM
The Value of Bible Types
by TruthinTypes. 03/17/24 06:22 PM
Orion Which Every One on the Globe Can See
by Rick H. 03/16/24 06:26 PM
'Prophet' Summons UFOs
by ProdigalOne. 03/16/24 02:19 AM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by dedication. 03/11/24 06:31 PM
Get That Razor Wire Up!
by kland. 03/05/24 12:49 PM
Messages for This Time
by ProdigalOne. 03/04/24 05:54 AM
The Lake of Fire is Hell
by Rick H. 03/02/24 05:01 PM
Adventist Agriculture
by kland. 02/29/24 12:33 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by Rick H. 03/27/24 10:36 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:50 PM
Time Is Short!
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:45 PM
Climate Change and the Sunday Law
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:42 PM
WHAT IS THE VERY END-TIME PROPHECY?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 06:03 PM
Digital Identity Control
by Rick H. 03/23/24 02:08 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 01:59 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by ProdigalOne. 03/16/24 08:38 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by Rick H. 03/16/24 06:30 PM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by Kevin H. 03/12/24 09:20 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Daryl. 03/04/24 06:14 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!