HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,189
Posts195,525
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
kland 15
Rick H 15
Daryl 4
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Member Spotlight
ProdigalOne
ProdigalOne
Alberta, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
3 registered members (Karen Y, 2 invisible), 2,970 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: 4th Quarter 2022 Future Hope [Re: dedication] #195282
12/26/22 05:55 PM
12/26/22 05:55 PM
dedication  Offline OP
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
The New Heavens and the New Earth!

As described in Revelation:

Rev. 21:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
21:4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
21:5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new.
22:1 And he showed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.
22:2 In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, [was there] the tree of life, which bare twelve [manner of] fruits, [and] yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree [were] for the healing of the nations.
22:3 And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him:

As described in Isaiah:

Isaiah 65:17 For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.
65:18 But be ye glad and rejoice for ever [in that] which I create: for, behold, I create Jerusalem a rejoicing, and her people a joy.
65:19 And I will rejoice in Jerusalem, and joy in my people: and the voice of weeping shall be no more heard in her, nor the voice of crying.
65:20 There shall be no more thence an infant of days, nor an old man that hath not filled his days: for the child shall die an hundred years old; but the sinner being an hundred years old shall be accursed.
65:21 And they shall build houses, and inhabit them; and they shall plant vineyards, and eat the fruit of them.
65:22 They shall not build, and another inhabit; they shall not plant, and another eat: for as the days of a tree [are] the days of my people, and mine elect shall long enjoy the work of their hands.
65:23 They shall not labour in vain, nor bring forth for trouble; for they are the seed of the blessed of the LORD, and their offspring with them.

The question is asked as people study these verses:
"The question is whether the above description of Isaiah 65:17- 25 is a representation of the eschatological new heavens and new earth? *It becomes clear that Isaiah 65 does not describe the eschatological picture in the same way as it is described in Revelation 21, 22,* because death, sin, curse, marriage and birth are included.

How do we explain?

Reply Quote
Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Re: 4th Quarter 2022 Future Hope [Re: dedication] #195284
12/28/22 04:28 AM
12/28/22 04:28 AM
dedication  Offline OP
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
This is a question often asked (concerning the mention of new earth with death still occuring in Isaiah) and I've seen various interpretations. The one that makes the most sense to me, is that Isaiah was addressing Israel and telling them this was what God wanted to do for their nation if they would surrender to His leadership and covenant and allow the Holy Spirit to change them.

But for such idealic society as Isaiah depicts to materialize it needed people to leave their carnal natures behind and fully surrender themselves to God. It never materialized back then, as the carnal nature of the population was the ruling nature, and where sin is prevalent, sin will bring it's baggage and consequences.

My own thoughts on this go back to the expulsion of Adam and Eve from the garden. It seems to some Bible readers, that life COULD have continued in Eden if Adam and Eve had only confessed and promised to do better, everything would have continued as it was before. But the fact that Adam and Eve's children rebelled so significantly against God, shows that the carnal nature is passed on. Even if Adam and Eve had confessed, their children would still have inherited the carnal nature. What happened outside the garden would have exerted itself and ruined Eden.

Could God have provided this very dream to Israel? Saying, confess your sins and embrace my covenant and walk in my ways and you will live in Eden like conditions?
Though the tree of life was missing, so Isaiah's reference to death would still be there, but people would live long and fruitful lives.
However what history shows, is that human nature is such that this idealic condition even as Isaiah pictured it, just doesn't work. It most certainly didn't work for Israel.

There was no universal change of heart. Now it's true God always had a few faithful who walked with Him in faith, but the majority followed their own carnal hearts. Even in a nation that had God's special blessing and presence, the majority followed their own carnal hearts and produced the sinful society with all it's miseries.

In contrast, the citizens of the New Earth will all be totally committed to God. Israel's failure brings home the truth that there really is only one way to have the Edenic society and that is being sure everyone in that society has willingly and joyfully experienced and accepted the new heart and spirit that God provides. The new birth experience. That's why there is an investigative judgment.

In the New Earth that Revelation depicts, it is only those who are willingly and totally committed to the ways of Christ that have their names in the book of life and are invited into that perfect kingdom.

And in this new earth kingdom, it will work, for all sin, including those who cling to sin, have been eradicated. This is the only way it will work to have a perfect world. God will be there! Sin with all it's consequences will never again mar this earth, it is created new, according to the description in Revelation. The tree of life will be there, and there will be NO death, it will be one hundred percent perfect.

Reply Quote
Re: 4th Quarter 2022 Future Hope [Re: dedication] #195290
12/30/22 05:10 PM
12/30/22 05:10 PM
dedication  Offline OP
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Subtitle of Lesson: "His Name on Their Foreheads"

We notice in the book of Revelation there's more than one name that can be on a forehead.

People are given a choice:

(Rev.3:11-12) "Behold I come quickly" hold fast that which thou hast, that no man take your crown. He that overcomes will I write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem.

(Rev. 17:5)
And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH

Then in Rev.22:4 we see which name the redeemed have in their foreheads. Of course this is the name we want to have in our foreheads.

The name on the forehead tells us which KINGDOM a person represents. The harlot does claim to belong to Christ, but she is unfaithful and serving another master, her name is of that "great city" Babylon.

God's true people have a name written on their foreheads as well. They too, receive the name of a GREAT CITY, the New Jerusalem, on their foreheads and the name of God, their Master!

There are two kingdoms each vying to enlist people as their citizens. There is a great controversy going on.

The citizens of Babylon with their master are fighting against the LAMB in Revelation 17:14, It is Christ, the Lamb of God, Who seeks to save as many as possible for His kingdom.

Revelation 17.14
These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful.

Sadly we also have the text, "many are called, but few are chosen" Matt. 22:14. That text comes at the end of the wedding feast parable. God calls all, everyone is invited, but only those who respond and actually come, and accept the wedding garment of Christ's righteousness and in faith walk with Him, are the chosen.
They are the called, chosen and FAITHFUL citizens of Christ's kingdom. He died and rose again to restore for us the inheritance Adam lost, and He longs to have us inherit it with Him, for all eternity.

How can we have assurance that it is God's name on our foreheads, showing we are citizens of His righteous Kingdom?

Who has the heart? With whom are our thoughts? Of whom do we love to converse? Who has our warmest affections and our best energies? If we are Christ's, our thoughts are with Him, and our sweetest thoughts are of Him. All we have and are is consecrated to Him. We long to bear His image, breathe His spirit, do His will, and please Him in all things. (Steps to Christ page 58)

Reply Quote
Re: 4th Quarter 2022 Future Hope [Re: dedication] #195295
01/01/23 10:00 AM
01/01/23 10:00 AM
dedication  Offline OP
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Eden Restored in fuller glory!

In Genesis we see the garden of Eden. A garden temple where God met and fellowshipped with mankind.
Gen 3:8 In Eden Adam and Eve enjoyed being in the presence of God. God walked and talked with them in the cool of the evening, until sin broke this fellowship and Adam and Eve could no longer live in the presence of God and they lost their Eden home.

But Christ has opened the way for Eden to be restored where God will dwell with us.
Notice how the things of Eden, are promised to the overcomers, and finally seen in the New Jerusalem!

1. In Eden was the tree of life. Gen. 2:9
Rev. 2:7 The promise to those who overcome will be given the right to eat of the tree of life which is in the midst of the Paradise of God.
Rev. 22:2 We see the tree of life yielding fruit for the healing of the nations,

2. From Eden flowed the water of life. Gen 2:10
Rev. 21:6 The promise: Christ will give to the one who thirsts from the spring of the water of life without cost.
Rev.22:1 We see the pure river of life, clear as Crystal flowing from the throne of God.

3. In Eden there was choice; the tree of knowledge of good and evil, eating its fruit meant death. Gen. 2:17
Rev. 2:11 The promise to those who overcome (chose to turn from all evil) that they will NOT die the second death
Rev. 21:4 All tears wiped away, there is no more death, sorrow or crying.

4. In Eden mankind was created in the image of God (having a godly character and spiritual and intellectual ability to communicate with God) Gen, 1:26-27
Rev. 2: 17 Promise of a white stone and a new name written on it (purity, cleanliness, acquitted of sin, a new creature)
1 John 3:2 When Jesus is revealed and we see Him face to face we will be like Him!

5. In Eden Adam and Eve were clothed with garments of light, and after sin Christ made for them garments of skin (symbolic of coming sacrifice)
Rev. 3:5 Promise to those who overcome that they will be clothed in garments of white.
Rev. 19:8 Arrayed in linen pure and white which is the righteousness of the saints.
Rev. 7:9 Clothed in white robes with palm branches in their hands.

6. In Eden Adam and Eve were named as parents of the human race. Gen. 5:2
Rev. 3:12 Promise to those who overcome to have the name of God, of New Jerusalem, and a new name on their foreheads. (Identifying them as citizens of God?s kingdom, the New Jerusalem)
Rev. 22:4 They will have God?s name on their foreheads and see Him face to face.

7. In Eden mankind had personal face to face fellowship with God. Gen 3:8
Rev. 3:20-21 Promises Christ will dine with us and overcomers will sit with Him on His throne
Rev. 21:22 God and the Lamb will be there! Rev. 22:4 We will see His face.

Reply Quote
Re: 4th Quarter 2022 Future Hope [Re: dedication] #195298
01/02/23 11:00 AM
01/02/23 11:00 AM
Daryl  Offline

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
Originally Posted by dedication
The New Heavens and the New Earth!

As described in Revelation:

Rev. 21:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
21:4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
21:5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new.
22:1 And he showed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.
22:2 In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, [was there] the tree of life, which bare twelve [manner of] fruits, [and] yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree [were] for the healing of the nations.
22:3 And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him:

As described in Isaiah:

Isaiah 65:17 For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.
65:18 But be ye glad and rejoice for ever [in that] which I create: for, behold, I create Jerusalem a rejoicing, and her people a joy.
65:19 And I will rejoice in Jerusalem, and joy in my people: and the voice of weeping shall be no more heard in her, nor the voice of crying.
65:20 There shall be no more thence an infant of days, nor an old man that hath not filled his days: for the child shall die an hundred years old; but the sinner being an hundred years old shall be accursed.
65:21 And they shall build houses, and inhabit them; and they shall plant vineyards, and eat the fruit of them.
65:22 They shall not build, and another inhabit; they shall not plant, and another eat: for as the days of a tree [are] the days of my people, and mine elect shall long enjoy the work of their hands.
65:23 They shall not labour in vain, nor bring forth for trouble; for they are the seed of the blessed of the LORD, and their offspring with them.

The question is asked as people study these verses:
"The question is whether the above description of Isaiah 65:17- 25 is a representation of the eschatological new heavens and new earth? *It becomes clear that Isaiah 65 does not describe the eschatological picture in the same way as it is described in Revelation 21, 22,* because death, sin, curse, marriage and birth are included.

How do we explain?

You explained it well in your next post, which was discussed last Sabbath in our Sabbath School class discussion.

It explains the wording in Isaiah compared to the wording in Revelation, both of which we reference in our discussions, Bible studies, and sermons/messages preached today.

In His Love, Mercy & Grace,

Daryl smile

John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

http://www.christians-discuss.com/forum/index.php
Reply Quote
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/27/24 09:35 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Kevin H. 03/24/24 09:02 PM
The Story of David and Goliath
by ProdigalOne. 03/23/24 08:06 PM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 03/22/24 10:17 AM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by kland. 03/21/24 12:34 PM
The Value of Bible Types
by TruthinTypes. 03/17/24 06:22 PM
Orion Which Every One on the Globe Can See
by Rick H. 03/16/24 06:26 PM
'Prophet' Summons UFOs
by ProdigalOne. 03/16/24 02:19 AM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by dedication. 03/11/24 06:31 PM
Get That Razor Wire Up!
by kland. 03/05/24 12:49 PM
Messages for This Time
by ProdigalOne. 03/04/24 05:54 AM
The Lake of Fire is Hell
by Rick H. 03/02/24 05:01 PM
Adventist Agriculture
by kland. 02/29/24 12:33 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by Rick H. 03/27/24 10:36 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:50 PM
Time Is Short!
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:45 PM
Climate Change and the Sunday Law
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:42 PM
WHAT IS THE VERY END-TIME PROPHECY?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 06:03 PM
Digital Identity Control
by Rick H. 03/23/24 02:08 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 01:59 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by ProdigalOne. 03/16/24 08:38 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by Rick H. 03/16/24 06:30 PM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by Kevin H. 03/12/24 09:20 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Daryl. 03/04/24 06:14 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!