HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,593
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 13
kland 9
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
Rick H
Rick H
Florida, USA
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (ProdigalOne, dedication, TruthinTypes, Kevin H, 2 invisible), 2,635 guests, and 14 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Walmart To Test RFID Tracking Devices #20079
07/07/03 11:52 AM
07/07/03 11:52 AM
Daryl  Offline

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
What begins arouund traffic lights can eventually end up in your automobile as well as in your suitcase and also in your home.

The purpose of this thread is an awareness thread only just as is probably the purpose of the CNN TV news item.

The Bible speaks about the same type of awareness re being aware of the signs of the times, nothing more and nothing less.

If nothing further comes of this, then no sweat, however, if something further does come of this, then forewarned is forearmed.

Re: Walmart To Test RFID Tracking Devices #20080
07/07/03 05:04 PM
07/07/03 05:04 PM
Avalee  Offline OP
Charter Member
Active Member 2014

Most Dedicated Member
Northern CA
quote:
Originally posted by DavidTBattler:
Avalee makes the claim that "we know that in the end none of us will have any privacy;" and I would also like to ask where that is found in the Bible, or in Ellen White's writings.

David do you really think that in the end time, us as SDA's, are going to have our privacy preserved as we have it now? I am not talking about using RFID...we do not know how it will come about..but do you really believe you will be able to have your priacy in the end? I believe just plain old common sence tells us that all will be known about us.

As far as making a time of trouble..well I am sorry you think that. Talking about a technology that could be used in the end has nothing to do with time of trouble...well not for me anyway. My faith is built on a Soldid Rock and that Rock is Jesus. Amen!! I know I am not worried about any of this or anything else that will come about to take away our privacy. We only really have to worry don't we if our lives are not protected by God. We need not be afraid or make a time of trouble when we see these things happening. We need to rejoice that the time is near for our Lord to come and take us home. Amen! [Pray or Praying or Prayer]

Re: Walmart To Test RFID Tracking Devices #20081
07/07/03 05:22 PM
07/07/03 05:22 PM
Avalee  Offline OP
Charter Member
Active Member 2014

Most Dedicated Member
Northern CA
quote:
Originally posted by Daryl Fawcett:

The purpose of this thread is an awareness thread only just as is probably the purpose of the CNN TV news item.

Amen Daryl...I ran across this link about RFID, have you read it?

RFID tags: Big Brother in small packages

quote:
But what about a more powerful RFID reader, created by criminals or police who don't mind violating FCC regulations? Eric Blossom, a veteran radio engineer, said it would not be difficult to build a beefier transmitter and a more sensitive receiver that would make the range far greater. "I don't see any problem building a sensitive receiver," Blossom said. "It's well-known technology, particularly if it's a specialty item where you're willing to spend five times as much."
We need not be afraid but we also do not need to be like this man below. [Big Grin]

-

Re: Walmart To Test RFID Tracking Devices #20082
07/08/03 01:59 AM
07/08/03 01:59 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks Avalee and Daryl

After all this "convincing evidence," I will be sure to run right out and tell everyone on the block. [Big Grin]

Some of us are not anywhere near burying our heads in the sand. But we are asking for something that has not yet been brought forth here.

And by the way - you don't need to wait for RFID to do all this dirty work you are "warning" us about. As I progress in my studies re computers; it is easy to see by several means, how none of us has any privacy left even now. For eg., just from the last post you made; I can see you made the cartoon .gif image with Roxio PhotoSuite 4 software on your home computer, and you would be absolutely shocked if you knew how much one could glean about you just from that one post.

We are getting too much like some Sunday keeping Christians, all worried about credit cards, electronic chip implants, and the like.

There is nothing wrong with trying to get RFID put in it's proper perspective...And additionally, no where does the SOP make our privacy an issue in the time of the end. [Eek!] Please provide us with evidence instead of cartoons...then we might believe you a little more. [Smile]

Re: Walmart To Test RFID Tracking Devices #20083
07/09/03 03:51 AM
07/09/03 03:51 AM
Avalee  Offline OP
Charter Member
Active Member 2014

Most Dedicated Member
Northern CA
David you are just too funny sometimes.

I knew all that stuff years ago. An online friend of mine in Aussie land was able to tell me where I lived while we were chatting. However, that does not bother me at all. My faith is strong, and I have nothing to hide. Somethings are just interesting to discuss...for others it is not....that is the choice of the keyboard and that persons fingers...choosing to read another post instead of one that they do not find interesting to talk about. [Big Grin]

Oh and yes...I have never made a photo on my computer using that software you mention.. matter of fact I have never ever made a graphic, etc. I do not have that software..so you will have to guess again where I got it. [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Re: Walmart To Test RFID Tracking Devices #20084
07/09/03 12:29 AM
07/09/03 12:29 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered

I know Avalee; I figured that out re your graphic after I said it; but I didn't have time to go back & fix it...Oh well. [Smile]

The fact remains tho, there is a lot even a computer "nerd" like me can find out about people, just from one post here, or an email.

But really! I do not hide my head in the sand! If you don't believe me, Look Here!

If anyone wants to see what that David T Battler guy looks like, this is your

big chance!

[Big Grin] [Big Grin]

You are right about one thing Avalee: JESUS IS ALIVE!

[ July 09, 2003, 12:01 AM: Message edited by: DavidTBattler ]

Re: Walmart To Test RFID Tracking Devices #20085
07/09/03 05:15 PM
07/09/03 05:15 PM
Avalee  Offline OP
Charter Member
Active Member 2014

Most Dedicated Member
Northern CA
Hey David thanks for sharing your picture with us...that is a great picture.

I have always admired your computer work and the graphics you have used here on the internet. I think I asked you before if you made them or if they were available online somewhere.

Yes Jesus is ALIVE and taking care of us all...AMEN

Re: Walmart To Test RFID Tracking Devices #20086
07/11/03 03:30 AM
07/11/03 03:30 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thankyou Avalee

Yes! I make everything myself now! I have been slowly buying software that helps me to do this, but it is a bit expensive.

To be honest, I would rather be out climbing trees instead of sitting in front of the computer! [Smile]

By the way, I now have the perfect excuse to stop shaving! I see some news reports that RFID devices will soon be commonly used in men's razors/shaving products!!

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderator  Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Israel/Hamas Support and the Image of the Beast
by ProdigalOne. 04/23/24 11:21 AM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 04/01/24 08:10 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/31/24 06:44 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by ProdigalOne. 04/23/24 10:58 AM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!