HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,194
Posts195,567
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 16
kland 12
Daryl 3
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
Rick H
Rick H
Florida, USA
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
3 registered members (ProdigalOne, 2 invisible), 2,886 guests, and 18 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Please God Who Will Save My Children????? #20117
09/02/03 08:56 AM
09/02/03 08:56 AM
Wendy F  Offline OP
Veteran Member
USA
Since my dream of homeschooling was just yanked out from under me, I trust the Lord has a better plan. I am disappointed that my kids have to go to public school but both Howard and my other ex are forcing me to put the kids into public school rather than homeschool. No one seems to think I have the skills to homeschool I guess.

I am going to do something unusual here and literally beg for someone to put in the funding for my kids to all three attend the Seventh-day Adventist school here. I know this is not apropos and Daryl you can place this wherever you wish, but my heart is breaking really! I can't stand the thought of them being in public school and they are such brilliant children. I know, I KNOW, someone out there has the resources to fully fund these beautiful three children through private school. Will you not listen to the Saviour's call and step forward to please pave the way for the christian's of tomrrow. These are the children that will be preaching from the table tops and calling the world to come into the ark with us. Please! Someone out there see and hear the cries of a mother who is so heart broken she doesn't know where else to reach or turn. Please! Your money could not be better spent.It would only take a few people putting in funding together to pay the monthly bill for these kids. It would NOT be hard for some of the wealthier members of our church. Is this or is it not what Mrs.White told us we should be doing for our children. She said it was shameful that our children could not afford to attend and that the churches would not take them under their wing. We are to be caring for the widow and the fatherless. Well, that is these children and they cannot ask for themselves so I am respectfully asking for them. These are the children that you will be able to walk with in Heaven. PLEASE! DON'T LET ONE CHILD BE LOST!!!!

GOD HELP US ALL!
WENDY FORSYTH
P.O.BOX 284
PETE BECK RD.
QUILCENE,WA.
(360)765-0396

MRS. CAROL KLONTZ
CEDARBROOK SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST SCHOOL
(360)385-4610

=========================================
I have no doubt that God considers you to be one of His friends; otherwise He would not trust you with so many crosses, sufferings and humiliations. Crosses are God's means of drawing souls closer to Himself.

Fenelon

===========================================

Looking back, [my wife] Jan and I have learned that the wilderness is part of the landscape of faith, and every bit as essential as the mountaintop. On the mountaintop we are overwhelmed by God's presence. In the wilderness we are overwhelmed by his absence. Both places should bring us to our knees; the one, in utter awe; the other, in utter dependence.

Dave Dravecky

==========================================

When you accept rather than fight your circumstances ---even though you don't understand them --- you open your heart's gate to God's love, peace, joy and contentment.

Amy Carmichael

========================================

God always answers us in the deeps, never in the shallows of our soul.

Amy Carmichael

============================================

The disappointment has come...not because God desires to hurt you or make you miserable or to demoralize you or ruin your life or keep you from ever knowing happiness...He wants you to be perfect and complete in every aspect, lacking nothing...It's not the easy times that make you more like Jesus, but the hard times.

Kay Arthur

=========================================

Adversity is not simply a tool. It is God's most effective tool for the advancement of our spiritual lives. The circumstances and events that we see as setbacks are oftentimes the very things that launch us into periods of intense spiritual growth. Once we begin to understand this, and accept it as a spiritual fact of life, adversity becomes easier to bear.

Charles Stanley

===========================================

God may be in the process of pruning something out of your life at this very moment. If this is the case, don't fight it. Instead, welcome it, for His pruning will make you more fruitful and bring greater glory to the Father.

Rick Yohn

[ September 09, 2003, 05:39 PM: Message edited by: Wendy ]

Re: Please God Who Will Save My Children????? #20118
09/02/03 11:26 AM
09/02/03 11:26 AM
Wendy F  Offline OP
Veteran Member
USA
You know, I thought about it and even 100 people at $5 a month could put my kids through school for the year. That is all it would take. Can someone spare a latte? Or maybe pick up one less pizza a week or something, so that a few beautiful children of God right here in our own country can stay close to his word?It isn't much. Will you help today? Please?
God bless you all,
Wendy

Re: Please God Who Will Save My Children????? #20119
09/02/03 02:53 PM
09/02/03 02:53 PM
B
Bonnie  Offline
Charter Member
Big Lake ,MN.
Wendy,

Please contact me. I would like your permission to forward your post on.
It would be a slim chance but there maybe someone that could help. Espeially if thers are willing to as well.

Bonnie

Re: Please God Who Will Save My Children????? #20120
09/03/03 03:03 AM
09/03/03 03:03 AM
Daryl  Offline

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
And, Wendy, there are times when it is appropriate to ask for financial assistance here, and this is one of those times. It is always appropriate to lend a helping hand in times of need, and I consider this a time of need.

If you open up a PayPal Account and advertise the link here, I am certain you will receive some responses in this forum. Also, if you asked for the same help in the other SDA type forums that are out here in cyberspace, I am quite certain that you will also receive some responses there.

As far as responses goes, without giving us any names, please keep us up to date right here in this topic on how things are going here.

Forum members:
This is a chance to let your light shine in a tangible way.

Re: Please God Who Will Save My Children????? #20121
09/03/03 03:20 AM
09/03/03 03:20 AM
Daryl  Offline

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
Based on what has been happening with Wendy over the past several months, I can personally vouch to the authenticity of Wendy's plea for help in a time of extreme need.

Re: Please God Who Will Save My Children????? #20122
09/03/03 03:40 AM
09/03/03 03:40 AM
Joe Knapp  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2023

Posting New Member
American in the Philippines
In our church we have a worthy student fund for cases like this. It seems to work better because people get to know the children.

Re: Please God Who Will Save My Children????? #20123
09/02/03 04:40 PM
09/02/03 04:40 PM
J
Justin  Offline
New York
Wendy,

Would your spouse or ex-spouse not mind placing your kids in the church school? It wasn't very clear from your post? Are you going to enroll your kids in the school you've listed?

Would you e-mail me or send me a private message? I want to help.

Keep your faith, sister.

Re: Please God Who Will Save My Children????? #20124
09/02/03 05:00 PM
09/02/03 05:00 PM
Daryl  Offline

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
I was Instant Chatting with Wendy this morning.

According to Wendy, the problem isn't whether or not they will let them go to Church School, but instead it is the financial aspect of sending them to church school.

Re: Please God Who Will Save My Children????? #20125
09/02/03 07:23 PM
09/02/03 07:23 PM
J. R. Layman  Offline
Charter Member
Lubbock, GREAT State of TEJAS,...
Windy

re:"This school even kicked my kids out when Howard had just been injured because we couldn't pay."

WHY would anyone wish to send their kids to a school where anyone was so CRUEL as to have previously treated them in this fashion?

I don't know how public schools were back in EGW's day, perhaps they were bad, and the only recorse was to have "church schools." But I do KNOW how "Church Schools" were in my day. And the CRUELTY doesn't seem to have changed much.

Both of my children have been educated in Public Schools (admittedly we have an OUTSTANDING system here locally). While "church schools" are SUPPOSE to be "Christian", my personal experience was that they simply weren't (grade school through academy!) In all my supposedly "Christian" education, I can only recall one teacher who inspired me, challenged me, taught me, AND WHO REALLY SHOWED A CHRISTIAN SPIRIT IN HIS LIFE! The rest were simply DROSS, who simply couldn't have cut it in a public school situation. In my experience 48 years ago in "Church Schools," they were overcrowded, underfunded, and had INADEQUATE and UNQUALIFIED TEACHERS.

I could not be more pleased with the OUTSTANDING CHRISTIAN teachers of whom have been my childrens teachers in PUBLIC SCHOOLS. And I'll also tell you that the ETHICS and MORALITY of the pubic school teachers FAR EXCEED my experience of the "teachers" I had in Adventist Schools!

FWIW, I ALMOST considered sending my daughter to the academy I graduated from in Colorado. Unfortunately the principal who tried to convince me to send my daughter there, HAD to resign, due to inappropriate behavior with a young female student! Around here, if a Public School teacher engages in "inappropriate behavior" with a student, they go to JAIL, and don't simply have to resign, where they then can obtain a "Redemptive Transfer" and usually go to yet another Adventist "Church School" where they continue to again engage in "inappropriate behavior." Which WAS the case of that principal in Colorado I referred too!

I realize that my opinion won’t be accepted as popular around here. But Baptist, Lutherans, Nazarenes and a host of other “Fundamentalist” send their children to “Public Schools” with complete success in keeping their youth with-in their denominations. Our friend Bonny here, has met my 16 y/o daughter…and can attest that she is a very nice young lady who has not been CONTAMINATED by attending Public Schools. Likewise my 22 y/o son, another product of PUBLIC SCHOOLS, doesn’t drink, smoke, do drugs, attends College and pays his full way. Has a very beautiful fiancé and is a virgin……PUBLIC SCHOOLS didn’t ruin him either.

Frankly you should thank your stars that you can’t get your kids into “Church School.” They probably will be far better off!

[ September 02, 2003, 05:34 PM: Message edited by: J. R. Layman ]

Re: Please God Who Will Save My Children????? #20126
09/02/03 09:58 PM
09/02/03 09:58 PM
B
Bonnie  Offline
Charter Member
Big Lake ,MN.
Wendy,
My suggestion you contact me was based on my knowing a family that has made it their particular mission field to help what they consider at risk youth. Primarily this has been the high school level where they think the risk is the greatest for SDA young people.

While my boys attended both public and church school, they did equally well in both.

We did not have the options there are today. There are many fine private christian schools available now, teaching christian principals, without forcing specific doctrinal issues, and far more reasonably priced than ours.
SDA schools are not always the best or the only answer and others have a much better track record of helping worthy students than we do.

I agree with J.R on the specific school you referenced. If kicking your children out in the circumstances you were in, is part of their christianity, I don't believe I would be to thrilled about that particular one.

And yes, Missy is an exceptional young lady.

Bonnie

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator  Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by Rick H. 04/14/24 08:00 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:07 AM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 04/01/24 08:10 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/31/24 06:44 PM
Easter Sunday, Transgender Day of Visibility?
by dedication. 03/31/24 01:34 PM
The Story of David and Goliath
by TruthinTypes. 03/30/24 12:02 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Kevin H. 03/24/24 09:02 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by ProdigalOne. 04/15/24 09:43 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:31 AM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Climate Change and the Sunday Law
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:42 PM
WHAT IS THE VERY END-TIME PROPHECY?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 06:03 PM
Digital Identity Control
by Rick H. 03/23/24 02:08 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!