HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,189
Posts195,525
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
kland 15
Rick H 15
Daryl 4
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
3 registered members (Karen Y, 2 invisible), 2,847 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
What Promises Are Contained In The Bible? #32084
12/28/03 11:00 PM
12/28/03 11:00 PM
Daryl  Offline
OP
Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
What promises are contained in the Bible?

This is a chance for you to share Bible promises that you have claimed for yourself and/or for others.

Re: What Promises Are Contained In The Bible? #32085
12/29/03 12:47 AM
12/29/03 12:47 AM
John H.  Offline
Most Dedicated Member
North Carolina, USA
"Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Draw nigh to God, and He will draw nigh to you." James 4:7,8

"The angel of the Lord encampeth round about them that fear Him, and delivereth them." Psalm 34:7

Given my history, those two are biggies. Have seen them in action very vividly, with my own two eyes.

"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." Philippians 4:13

"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to His purpose." Romans 8:28

"There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it." 1 Corinthians 10:13

"My God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:19

"If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him." James 1:5

And this one just recently had special application --

"Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house." Acts 16:31

After years, my Mom finally sat down with me on Christmas afternoon, and we did a Bible study on Daniel 7, Revelation 13, a few other places. She had asked why I think there's going to be a national Sunday law etc.; so I told her we needed to do a Bible study to do the subject justice. And she seemed to accept most everything I showed her! Seal of God, mark of the beast, USA & the image, all of it.

For her to sit down and listen to SDA beliefs for 10 minutes would have been incredible. But we studied for almost 2 hours. The next day she called up and said she wants to study some more.

I'm completely amazed. Years ago she said, "I'll NEVER believe the things you do." (she was raised Freewill Baptist, has been a Methodist for 50 years...switched over when she married Dad)

I guess it's true -- "With God nothing shall be impossible." Luke 1:37

Re: What Promises Are Contained In The Bible? #32086
12/29/03 03:12 PM
12/29/03 03:12 PM
Daryl  Offline
OP
Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
Amen, John! [Smile]

I especially like it when a reason is done as to why you have chosen the promises you have chosen to list in your post.

I hope others do the same. [Smile]

Re: What Promises Are Contained In The Bible? #32087
12/29/03 08:56 PM
12/29/03 08:56 PM
R
R.A.  Offline
Posting New Member
Florida
"Who is a God like unto thee, that pardoneth iniquity, and passeth by the transgression of the remnant of his heritage? He retaineth not his anger for ever, because he delighteth in mercy.
He will turn again, he will have compassion upon us; he will subdue our iniquities; and thou wilt cast all their sins into the depths of the sea."
Micah 7:18&19.

I was brought up in a SDA home with a goodly Mother. Like so many before me I wanted freedom from rules and regulations. So this prodigal daughter left home and the church of my childhood behind. For years I sought true happiness only to find that I was feeding on husks that left me hungry for truth. Most of all I longed for the security, love, and comfort of the good Shepard's sheepfold.

But perhaps I could never go back, perhaps my sins were too great. So in despair I stopped going to the re-baptismal classes until my earthly Father asked why. I told him and I can still see this dear man with tears running down his cheeks and trembling hands as he gave me this wonderful text. All the gifts that I longed for and more were mine and my sins were in the depths of the sea because I asked for and accepted this precious promise.

Every morning I ask for a still closer walk with my Saviour. I ask for more understanding that I might obey His will and grow more like Jesus. Some day soon I will see Him face to face and He will take all of His children to live forever in that bright city where the very best thing is to be able to see Jesus every day.
R.A.

Re: What Promises Are Contained In The Bible? #32088
02/28/04 01:24 AM
02/28/04 01:24 AM
Daryl  Offline
OP
Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
I only read this post today, however, it still isn't too late to post an amen to this last post here. [Smile]

Re: What Promises Are Contained In The Bible? #32089
03/02/04 06:56 AM
03/02/04 06:56 AM
Zita  Offline
Christchurch, New Zealand
I would like to take you to Habakkuk 3:17-19

Though the fig tree do not blossom, nor fruit be on the vines, the produce of the olive fail and the fields yield no food, the flock be cut off from the fold and there be no herd in the stalls, yet I will rejjoice in the Lord. I will joy in the God of my salvation. God the Lord, is my strength; he makes my feet like hinds feet, he makes me tread upon my high places.

For years I suffered with back problems through stress, and then suddenly the stress was removed from my life. That left my back in a worse state to the point I could not walk without the aid of a stick, and was confined to my armchair for 3 weeks at a time.
I started praying to God to show me how to heal myself and His immediate response was 'go to the hills'. Like Sarah, I laughed.
I prayed this prayer 3 times, and 3 times I received the same response and realized I needed to obey.
Two weeks later after climbing a steep track 6 days a week, my stick was a hinderance.
I have been climbing hills now for 4 years, the steeper the better, the more ruggard, off track sheep trails I can get on the more I like it.
God has restored me and literally given me 'hinds feet'.Climbing the hills in the morning has become my place of meditation,a place for my soul to rejoice in His salvation.

Re: What Promises Are Contained In The Bible? #32090
03/02/04 10:45 AM
03/02/04 10:45 AM
John H.  Offline
Most Dedicated Member
North Carolina, USA
That's amazing Zita! I've had a bit of back trouble in the past too, and still have to be careful, due to a nasty motorcycle accident when younger. Changing to sleeping on a Select Comfort air mattress has solved a lot of that problem, but a little hill climbing might help too. Now I just have to find one nearby; a chore in these coastal plain flatlands :-)

Re: What Promises Are Contained In The Bible? #32091
03/02/04 02:47 PM
03/02/04 02:47 PM
Ikan  Offline
Very Dedicated Member
Plowing
There's always that lighthouse, John!
As I recall, it's a steep climb!

Re: What Promises Are Contained In The Bible? #32092
03/04/04 06:13 AM
03/04/04 06:13 AM
John H.  Offline
Most Dedicated Member
North Carolina, USA
Hmmm, that's a thought; or Jockeys Ridge, even (tallest sand dune on the east coast). But they're both a 2-3 hour drive from here!

Re: What Promises Are Contained In The Bible? #32093
03/05/04 03:44 PM
03/05/04 03:44 PM
Charlene Van Hook  Offline
North Carolina, USA
The Upward Look---- Immortal Inheritance---G- 45

"After enumerating the privileges of those who work on the plan of addition, constantly adding Christian attributes to the character, the
apostle Peter declares that God will work on the plan of multiplication:

"Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord, according as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue: whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.... Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure; for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall: for so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into
the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ" (2 Peter 1:2-11).

Here is our life insurance policy. Shall we not work on God's plan to secure it?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/27/24 09:35 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Kevin H. 03/24/24 09:02 PM
The Story of David and Goliath
by ProdigalOne. 03/23/24 08:06 PM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 03/22/24 10:17 AM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by kland. 03/21/24 12:34 PM
The Value of Bible Types
by TruthinTypes. 03/17/24 06:22 PM
Orion Which Every One on the Globe Can See
by Rick H. 03/16/24 06:26 PM
'Prophet' Summons UFOs
by ProdigalOne. 03/16/24 02:19 AM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by dedication. 03/11/24 06:31 PM
Get That Razor Wire Up!
by kland. 03/05/24 12:49 PM
Messages for This Time
by ProdigalOne. 03/04/24 05:54 AM
The Lake of Fire is Hell
by Rick H. 03/02/24 05:01 PM
Adventist Agriculture
by kland. 02/29/24 12:33 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by Rick H. 03/27/24 10:36 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:50 PM
Time Is Short!
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:45 PM
Climate Change and the Sunday Law
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:42 PM
WHAT IS THE VERY END-TIME PROPHECY?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 06:03 PM
Digital Identity Control
by Rick H. 03/23/24 02:08 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 01:59 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by ProdigalOne. 03/16/24 08:38 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by Rick H. 03/16/24 06:30 PM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by Kevin H. 03/12/24 09:20 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Daryl. 03/04/24 06:14 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!