HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,194
Posts195,567
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 16
kland 12
Daryl 3
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
ProdigalOne
ProdigalOne
Alberta, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
2 registered members (2 invisible), 3,186 guests, and 17 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Did ja know? #35904
12/23/04 02:17 AM
12/23/04 02:17 AM
Brandi  Offline OP
USA
I was wondering over onto another forum and noticed that there are many who disagree with the pedaphile lists that are distributed in states.

California has made their pedaphile list public. Do you agrea or disagree with this?

Here is the link to the pedaphile list offered on the other site I wonder to.

http://meganslaw.ca.gov/

Do you think it is wrong to put this out and protect our families or do you think we should keep it a secret and have our families exposed to pedaphiles without the foreknowledge of what is moving into our neighborhoods?

Any answers from the heart would be appreciated.

Re: Did ja know? #35905
12/24/04 04:14 AM
12/24/04 04:14 AM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Yes, it makes sense to me. Parents should be allowed access to the whereabouts of pedophiles living in their neighborhood. A similar list should be made available regarding other sex offenders. I'm not sure though that these lists should be posted indiscriminately. But they should, at least, be made readily accessible. And caring parents should want to know. Of course, such information is a matter of public record, and has always been available (maybe not current addresses, but at least their names and offenses).

Re: Did ja know? #35906
12/23/04 05:32 PM
12/23/04 05:32 PM
Avalee  Offline
Charter Member
Active Member 2014

Most Dedicated Member
Northern CA
I agree 100 Percent and more that a sex offenders name should be put out for ALL to see.

I am editing this to include my thoughts after following the link you provided. I am now 200 percent in agreement although I am finding myself sick to my stomach right now.

I did a search for my area and have come up with two people I know. One is still working where I am (not as security) and I have had talks with him. Now I know why his wife tried to kill him. Most likely she found out what he was doing and went crazy. I would too.

So although you might find someone on the list who you are surprised about it is a wonderful tool for parents, etc. to see and know, and I am glad they have it there. I will now make sure others know about this resourse as you just never know who is out there.

[ December 23, 2004, 02:17 PM: Message edited by: Avalee ]

Re: Did ja know? #35907
12/23/04 08:32 PM
12/23/04 08:32 PM
V
vastergotland  Offline
Active Member 2011
3500+ Member
Sweden
Avalee,

Will this knowledge change the way you relate to this coworker? Will you be able to forgive him or will it cause him to be further out on the fringe of society than where he already is? If the person is trying to live an honest life this may well make it harder for him. Only if he is cynical enough to be plotting under cover to make a new crime may this bring any good at all.

/Thomas

Re: Did ja know? #35908
12/23/04 09:38 PM
12/23/04 09:38 PM
Will  Offline
Most Dedicated Member
BC, Canada
That is a tough cookie to chew on. Granted sex offenders in their "natural habitat" are predatory by nature, but keep in mind that they were sexually abused as children and abused to the utmost sickest degree.. so bad they are acting it out.
Now after rehabilitation some (notice I said some) could actually be trying to start fresh you know, and by making that information public this could lead to some vigilante looking him OR her up and doing them in.
All in all I feel sorry for them, and am almost positive that they got what was coming to them in jail thats for sure cause news like that isn;t kept quiet, so what they did to others was reciprocated x100 in the big house.
My opinion is to keep that info private. What they did was and IS in the past. Obviously if you become repeat offender well then something has got to be done.
However these people need to have those chains of molestation,rape,exploitation,lust, and lying broken by Jesus Christ. Remember they were kids once and are acting out what was done to them.
God Bless,
Will

Re: Did ja know? #35909
12/26/04 07:26 PM
12/26/04 07:26 PM
S
Stephanie Suranyi  Offline
Charter Member
near Chicago, IL , USA
Will---- WRONG!

Not all of these sexual predators were abused as children. True, they may not have had the best lives, but they weren't all abused. My cousin was in prison for molesting two little girls. She, herself, was not molested. Then I found out that she molested a couple of our relatives. My cousin has always been a liar. She wouldn't/doesn't tell the truth about anything. Well, maybe a few things. She has been caught in so many lies that it is difficult to believe a word she says. She did claim that her step-dad molested her as a child, but those allegations were found to be false. Also, if he had, why would she allow her daughter to live in that environment???? Simple, it didn't happen. She was caught in that lie. She keeps insisting that hse didn't molest anyone, even after admitting her guilt. She has some serious problems in her life, but having been abused, either sexually or physically, is not one of them. So, how do you explain HER behavior? HMMMMM????????????

As far as the registry is concerned, I am GLAD they have it. In some areas, they provide the information on conditions of their parole. Some are not allowed around children of aby age for a certain number of years, whether supervised or not. Some are never to be around children. I have to say, I am glad they have the information. It helps me to know who my child(ren) can and cannot be around. This is not only to protect the child, but also the parolee. If they are not in a given situation, they won't be tempted. I talk to my cousin, but I don't treat her any differently than before she went to prison. Except that I don't let her near my child outside my line of sight. I just take the things she says with a grain of salt...

Re: Did ja know? #35910
12/26/04 08:44 PM
12/26/04 08:44 PM
Will  Offline
Most Dedicated Member
BC, Canada
Hi Stephanie,
Some people like to have the informaiton made public. Personally I don't really care because regardless if you have a sexual offender living either right next door, or 5 blocks away as a parent you should never let your kids talk to strangers, out of your site, or home alone.
Also a large portion of sexually molested children were preyed upon by a familar face which is even more scary cause who do you trust your kids with?!
very weird times we live in.
God Bless,
Will

Re: Did ja know? #35911
12/29/04 09:07 AM
12/29/04 09:07 AM
D
Doug Meister  Offline
The North State - California

[ January 01, 2005, 07:05 AM: Message edited by: Doug Meister ]

Re: Did ja know? #35912
01/03/05 10:24 PM
01/03/05 10:24 PM
J. R. Layman  Offline
Charter Member
Lubbock, GREAT State of TEJAS,...
I've heard of one "child molester" convicted, simply because he sprayed water from a water hose on some rude children, (or so he said).

Re: Did ja know? #35913
01/04/05 01:54 AM
01/04/05 01:54 AM
debbie  Offline
Dedicated Member
USA
Our children NEED parental help and protection from preditors. I personally was very careful with our children when they were in our home. Our children were always with us, except for a few instances when my mother watched them.

Children are innocent and defenseless. God says in His word that we are to help the widow and the fatherless (or those who are without anyone to keep them safe). But these preditors are adults and KNOW BETTER than to hurt an innocent child. And when they hurt them, it is for LIFE!!

God said it would be better to hang a millstone around your neck and drown than to hurt an innocent child (Debbie's translation). These preditors are even despised by their fellow prisoners and not a few lose their lives while in prison.

YES, a list of preditors should be listed in public--afterall, it was their CRIME that put their names on the list!!! Personally I believe if convicted of such a crime these people need to face a stiffer penalty so that such crimes will never be repeated again.

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by Rick H. 04/14/24 08:00 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:07 AM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 04/01/24 08:10 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/31/24 06:44 PM
Easter Sunday, Transgender Day of Visibility?
by dedication. 03/31/24 01:34 PM
The Story of David and Goliath
by TruthinTypes. 03/30/24 12:02 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Kevin H. 03/24/24 09:02 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by ProdigalOne. 04/15/24 09:43 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:31 AM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Climate Change and the Sunday Law
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:42 PM
WHAT IS THE VERY END-TIME PROPHECY?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 06:03 PM
Digital Identity Control
by Rick H. 03/23/24 02:08 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!