HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,189
Posts195,525
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
kland 15
Rick H 15
Daryl 4
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Member Spotlight
ProdigalOne
ProdigalOne
Alberta, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
3 registered members (Karen Y, 2 invisible), 2,970 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Light Of Life #36766
11/12/01 03:45 AM
11/12/01 03:45 AM
Daryl  Offline
OP
Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
This week we focus in on How Jesus brings light to the world about the Father.

In the light of this what this topic is all about I would like to ask a few thought provoking questions to go along with the sermon.

Do we have any of the light of God in us?

Have any of His light been passed on to us?

Is the law our Enemy?

Is the Law against us?

Does it not condemn us?

If the Law is not the enemy who is?

What does living is the Darkness do to people? Why?

How can you bring the Light of Jesus to those living in Darkness?

This weeks sermon on topic can be found at.... http://www.tagnet.org/sda-today/current_feature.htm

I look forward to all you comments and thoughts!

Re: Light Of Life #36767
11/13/01 10:43 PM
11/13/01 10:43 PM
Vincent E MacIsaac  Offline
Eastern Canada, currently resi...
Herb's sermon this week is full of deep thought provoking ideas. If you have not listened to it yet what are you waiting for?

I want to touch on two issues right now that Herb brings up. I hope people will tell me their thoughts on them.

<<<>>

Herb makes a brilliant point. It is so clear to me I wished I had heard it when I first joined the church. If the Law is the Express written Character of God how can it be against us? If the MORAL LAW of God is an expression of Himself as we all say and teach in this church, then how can we call the Law our Enemy? If we say that, then what we really are saying is that The Very Character of God is our enemy!! In fact that God is our enemy!!! To say such a thing is near blasphemy is it not? You see the law is not the enemy, nor the problem, it is fair, and just, holy and sanctified. The problem is SIN. If you don't have sin, then the Law is a CAKE WALK right? How simple is the law if it was not for sin? The Law condemns yes, Why? Because it is mean and vindictive without mercy? NO!!!!! It is Just and fair!!!! It condemns because we hold on to Sin!!!! You see if it is not the law that is the problem then what is? Yes, the Sin!!! That is why we should not focus on the sins we see others doing but rather what is hurting or missing that makes them do it.

So what do we do? Well we need something or someone to take away the sin, because once the sin is gone The law is our delight and love. So Who takes the Sin away? Jesus and his atoning blood. He is our LIGHT OF LIFE, and the whole point of the sermon and topic this week.

The second thing Herbie said that just left me stunned was at the end of the sermon. He asked if we had sins we have struggled with. Sins we were working on over coming. Sins that we fight to have victory over. Then he told us to STOP fighting, TO STOP Struggling. to STOP and REST. Yes just REST in Jesus, To reflect on JESUS, To seek JESUS, To look to the LIGHT OF LIFE. Herb's point is we are not good enough, strong enough or wise enough to overcome our sins. So why are we bothering to beat ourselves up and trying to? Why are we seeking to do the impossible? Something we know and God knows we can't. But rather STOP, REST and look to Jesus, the Light of Life and let Him Change you. Let Him fix the problem from the inside out. Let him dwell in our Hearts rather then trying to clean ourself up to be acceptable to Him. Jesus wants us to Yield control to him and STOP fighting for the steering wheel of control in our lives. Jesus can drive our lives better then we ever could. So we need to rest in him, trust in him, fellowship with him. If Jesus is in any man's heart how can we sin? We only sin when we actively KICK HIM OUT of us and take control. So the point is as long as we STOP trying to control, Yield and lives to Jesus and focus having Him in our heart, it will all be looked after.

I'll leave you with a verse to consider with this concept.

Matthew 6
But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
In my next post I want to talk about "Beholding" and a point Herbie has make clear to me on that topic. (that is if my wife doesn't beat me to my point!).

------------------
~VINCE~ IN ~CHRIST~
SDA-TODAY moderator

The Spirit is constantly seeking to draw the attention of men to the great offering that was made on the cross of Calvary, to unfold to the world the love of God, and to open to the convicted soul the precious things of the Scriptures. {AA 52.4}

Check out the SDA-TODAY Forum here on Maritimes Online and our webpage at http://www.tagnet.org/sda-today/

Re: Light Of Life #36768
11/14/01 02:58 AM
11/14/01 02:58 AM
Gerry Buck  Offline
Charter Member
Very Dedicated Member
Benton Harbor, Mi.
WOW!!!!!

Re: Light Of Life #36769
11/16/01 03:42 AM
11/16/01 03:42 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Gerry Buck:
WOW!!!!!

Have you listened to the sermon?

------------------
~VINCE~ IN ~CHRIST~
SDA-TODAY moderator

The Spirit is constantly seeking to draw the attention of men to the great offering that was made on the cross of Calvary, to unfold to the world the love of God, and to open to the convicted soul the precious things of the Scriptures. {AA 52.4}

Check out the SDA-TODAY Forum here on Maritimes Online and our webpage at http://www.tagnet.org/sda-today/

Re: Light Of Life #36770
11/17/01 11:34 PM
11/17/01 11:34 PM
Gerry Buck  Offline
Charter Member
Very Dedicated Member
Benton Harbor, Mi.
You bet your bippy.
How do I get the tapes?
I would like to listen to them over and over again.
Are all of them going to be used here?
If they are anything like this one, I want to hear them.

------------------
Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
7 ¶ Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil.

It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in men.Ps.118:8

Re: Light Of Life #36771
11/19/01 06:45 PM
11/19/01 06:45 PM
quote:
You bet your bippy.
How do I get the tapes?
I would like to listen to them over and over again.
Are all of them going to be used here?
If they are anything like this one, I want to hear them.

No they are not all this good. They are BETTER!! They just keep getting better and better. By the way they are not tapes they are cd's. And yes they will all be featured on Sda-Today. One by one and stay archived when they are done. If you look carefully you will see there are two up already from Herb. The third will be up this Sunday.

I am glad your enjoying. They all will make it out. But if you just can't wait... email the webmaster over on our site... http://www.tagnet.org/sda-today/index.htm
and we might be able to work something out.

------------------
~VINCE~ IN ~CHRIST~
SDA-TODAY moderator

Re: Light Of Life #36772
11/20/01 04:59 AM
11/20/01 04:59 AM
Gerry Buck  Offline
Charter Member
Very Dedicated Member
Benton Harbor, Mi.
I have two different players, Real Audio and Microsoft.
The problem is that when I listen to anything off the web, it seems to get distorted from time to time and I have lost the stream occaisonally as well.
I'll send an e-mail and ask how to obtain them.
Thanks.

Re: Light Of Life #36773
11/20/01 07:41 PM
11/20/01 07:41 PM
quote:
I have two different players, Real Audio and Microsoft.
The problem is that when I listen to anything off the web, it seems to get distorted from time to time and I have lost the stream occaisonally as well.
I'll send an e-mail and ask how to obtain them.
Thanks.

The problem most likely is bandwith. The speed yout connecting at and well your computer is operating at perk condtions. You could download the full file first then listen to it. It'd be fine.

------------------
~VINCE~ IN ~CHRIST~
SDA-TODAY moderator

[This message has been edited by Vince (edited November 20, 2001).]

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/27/24 09:35 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Kevin H. 03/24/24 09:02 PM
The Story of David and Goliath
by ProdigalOne. 03/23/24 08:06 PM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 03/22/24 10:17 AM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by kland. 03/21/24 12:34 PM
The Value of Bible Types
by TruthinTypes. 03/17/24 06:22 PM
Orion Which Every One on the Globe Can See
by Rick H. 03/16/24 06:26 PM
'Prophet' Summons UFOs
by ProdigalOne. 03/16/24 02:19 AM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by dedication. 03/11/24 06:31 PM
Get That Razor Wire Up!
by kland. 03/05/24 12:49 PM
Messages for This Time
by ProdigalOne. 03/04/24 05:54 AM
The Lake of Fire is Hell
by Rick H. 03/02/24 05:01 PM
Adventist Agriculture
by kland. 02/29/24 12:33 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by Rick H. 03/27/24 10:36 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:50 PM
Time Is Short!
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:45 PM
Climate Change and the Sunday Law
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:42 PM
WHAT IS THE VERY END-TIME PROPHECY?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 06:03 PM
Digital Identity Control
by Rick H. 03/23/24 02:08 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 01:59 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by ProdigalOne. 03/16/24 08:38 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by Rick H. 03/16/24 06:30 PM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by Kevin H. 03/12/24 09:20 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Daryl. 03/04/24 06:14 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!