HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,594
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 13
kland 9
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
5 registered members (dedication, ProdigalOne, TruthinTypes, 2 invisible), 2,798 guests, and 12 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
Re: 19 - The Sabbath [Re: cephalopod] #131491
03/07/11 02:21 PM
03/07/11 02:21 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Originally Posted By: cephalopod
Originally Posted By: Mountain Man

Ceph, do you observe the Sabbath on the same 7th day of the week the rest of us do?

At times I certainly do.

Does that mean all other times are the wrong 7th day Sabbath?

Re: 19 - The Sabbath [Re: Mountain Man] #131501
03/07/11 06:04 PM
03/07/11 06:04 PM
cephalopod  Offline
Active Member 2014
Washington, USA
It certainly "could" mean that Mountain Man. I'm still going through an in-depth study of this thing and am convinced that up through the Old Testament times this is exactly how the calendar operated - my problem is the secular historical quotes in and around the fall of Jerusalem which ( from the Roman point of view ) held that the Jews observed the day of Saturn. There are other historical quotes from people at that time outside the Jewish faith that stated that the Jews calculated the 7th day Sabbath from the inception of the new moon.

There is no doubt that the Bible said the day of the New Moon was NOT one of the 6 work days yet it also said it was NOT a Sabbath.

Re: 19 - The Sabbath [Re: cephalopod] #131508
03/07/11 09:04 PM
03/07/11 09:04 PM
Will  Offline
Most Dedicated Member
BC, Canada
I'm thinking of looking up a local Synagogue and asking the Rabbi if the Saturday as we know it is truly the 7th day or has that time been lost due to calendar changes.

Re: 19 - The Sabbath [Re: Will] #131517
03/07/11 11:43 PM
03/07/11 11:43 PM
cephalopod  Offline
Active Member 2014
Washington, USA
Originally Posted By: Will
I'm thinking of looking up a local Synagogue and asking the Rabbi if the Saturday as we know it is truly the 7th day or has that time been lost due to calendar changes.

That's a great idea and I would urge you to do it...
...I did.

Re: 19 - The Sabbath [Re: cephalopod] #131529
03/08/11 03:46 AM
03/08/11 03:46 AM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Ceph, thank you.

Re: 19 - The Sabbath [Re: Will] #131562
03/08/11 09:32 PM
03/08/11 09:32 PM
H
Harold Fair  Offline
Active Member 2013
Florida, USA
Originally Posted By: Will

I have found that a good calandar that counts up to seven is good enough. The seventh day is the Sabbath.

Harold T.
Re: 19 - The Sabbath [Re: Harold Fair] #131563
03/08/11 11:44 PM
03/08/11 11:44 PM
Daryl  Offline
OP
Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
I also stand by the fact that Christ being the One who created the world and instituted the Sabbath knew what day was the 7th Day Sabbath. There isn't any evidence of any dispute by Christ of any obervance of the wrong day by the religious leadership of that time.

It also seems to me that it was only the Ceremonial Sabbaths that were based on New Moons, etc.

In His Love, Mercy & Grace,

Daryl smile

John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

http://www.christians-discuss.com/forum/index.php
Re: 19 - The Sabbath [Re: Daryl] #131564
03/09/11 12:36 AM
03/09/11 12:36 AM
Daryl  Offline
OP
Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
Further to my previous post I am quoting the following that I read elsewhere:

God is not a slave to the calendar. He was there when He created the earth.

He does not need the names of the days of the week, nor does He need a specific calendar. He knows what day the Sabbath is and was.

He did not need to share any of that with EGW.

The calendar we have today in the USA is not an abomination.

The seventh day of the week remains the same seventh day that God is using so that there will be no disharmony.

You can trust Jesus to know what He is doing.

6000 years of Sabbaths is not too big a math problem for God.

In His Love, Mercy & Grace,

Daryl smile

John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

http://www.christians-discuss.com/forum/index.php
Re: 19 - The Sabbath [Re: cephalopod] #131565
03/09/11 01:12 AM
03/09/11 01:12 AM
J
johannes  Offline
Posting New Member
Sydney NSW Australia
Originally Posted By: cephalopod
Originally Posted By: Johannes

A move in Australia to confuse people which day is the seventh day Sabbath, are printed calendars starting the week on a monday (the Second Day of the week.)

I was unaware a group of SDA's suggesting lunar sabbaths exists in Australia...
...Do you have information on them, the size of the body, etc?

wave Hi cephalopod,
The calendars i do not like are business calendars. Plus a few freebies from Town Councils. . . . or TAFE. In these phony calendars, the weeks start on First Day and run thru to First Day (as the seventh day) in these false calendars. caution frown So that if you are counting the days , sunday appears to be the seventh day. caution shocked So they are very deceptive. But i find if i go in personally and complain, or write them a courteous letter, some of them revert back to Sunday to Saturday calendation. . . . i think we should pray for mercy that calendation remains stable, so that folk can easily, still find out the sabbath Truth for themselves, by reading their own bibles.

You can explain lunar sabbaths to me? if you like, Cephalopod. i think we get an extra sabbath on the new earth. However how would this bode any changes whatsoever in the normal weekly sabbath? As this has continued unchanged since Creation, to the present day. Evidenced by the same day being called "sabbath" in the majority of ethnic languages . . . . And Yiddish people, even under persecution, apparently have kept sabbath from Jesus' time til today. I do not know personally, but neither do i know my birthday unless i trust my Mom:~

First posted by Isaiah. ~see Isaiah 66:23.
Quote:
And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD,
i think a few individual isolated sabbath-keepers might follow some of the Yiddish feast days (eg., in Buderim Qld.) but not heard of any named group that does over here, Cephalopod. Sorry.

So far as i know, the folk who follow Passover (for "Ordinances" or Lord's Supper), still rest on the same weekly Sabbath like clockwork. The saturday Sabbath. Their Feast Days are only used, 'cos they are sick to death of easter, Christmas etc, as these are obviously pagan festivals; tied rigidly to Constantine and the persecutions flowing from his sunday law. . . .

God bless,

smile johannes.

Re: 19 - The Sabbath [Re: johannes] #131568
03/09/11 03:02 AM
03/09/11 03:02 AM
cephalopod  Offline
Active Member 2014
Washington, USA
A)
"And the LORD spake unto Moses and Aaron in the land of Egypt saying, This month shall be unto you the beginning of months: it shall be the first month of the year to you". Exodus 12,1

B)
And Moses wrote their goings out according to their journeys by the commandment of the LORD: and these are their journeys according to their goings out. And they departed from Rameses in the first month, on the fifteenth day of the first month; on the morrow after the passover the children of Israel went out with an high hand in the sight of all the Egyptians.

Counting from the "New Moon", Passover the 14th is ALWAYS on the 6th "day" of the week. In the above Scripture the Children of Israel left Eqypt "on the morrow" or the next day after Passover.

New Moon Day (1), day 2, day 3, day 4, day 5, day 6, day 7, day 8 ( Sabbath day ), day 9, day 10, day 11, day 12, day 13, day 14 ( 6th day of the week ), day 15 ( Sabbath day ).

Day 1 (New Moon) and Day 14 (Passover) have been identified. We know from Deut 16,1 that God brought the Children out of Egypt "by night" the day after the Passover. We know that the New Moon day is the first day of the first month of the first year because God commanded the Hebrews to keep the Passover Lamb up to the 14th day of the first month then to kill it.

If you go back and look at the "simple math" you will see that the 15th day, by default, is the Sabbath. Counting back 7 days identifies the 8th day as also a Sabbath. Day 1 can't be the Sabbath because it's the first day, of the first month of the first year and there is never a time where the New Moon day is the Sabbath, it's impossible. Counting forward from the 15th day we can identify the 22nd and 29th day as Sabbath days as well. This is the first Biblical month. The second month is laid out identical.

On the 15th Day of the Second month of the Exodus from Egypt the Children complained to Moses. Notice what happens. God tells Moses on the 15th Day that He will rain bread from heaven and test the Children to see if they will walk in His law or not.

On Day 15 God instructs Moses what to instruct the Children. If you read Exodus 16 you will see on the evening of the "15th day of the month" God caused quail to blow into the camp of the Children of Israel and the next morning manna started to fall. Day 15 = The Sabbath, plus 16th day (1st day of manna), 17th day (2nd day of Manna), 18th day (3rd day of Manna), 19th day (4th day of Manna), 20th day (5th day of manna), 21st day (6th day of Manna) whereas the Children are to gather twice as much manna because on the 22 day there will be no manna because that day is the Sabbath day. The math works out the same way as it did from the Exodus of Egypt with the Sabbath being on the 8th, 15th, 22nd and 29th day from the New Moon. That's two months in a row wereas the Sabbaths were on the identical days of the same Lunar Calendar. Impossible to duplicate on a Gregorian calendar. If the 22nd was the Sabbath OF that month simply subtract 7 days to see where the PREVIOUS sabbath fell - it fell on the 15th!

It becomes painfully obvious that if the 22nd day of the second month is the Sabbath one simply needs to count back 7 days from the 22nd to determine that the Sabbath "would have been" on the 15th day of the second month - the very same day that God waited until "the evening" to blow in quail. If we count back 7 days from day 15 we end up at the 8th day ( counting from the New Moon ).

We are not going to stop at two months, so let's continue to "the third month".

"In the third month, when the children of Israel were gone forth out of the land of Egypt, the same day came they into the wilderness of Sinai". Exodus 19,1

That's two months in a row and I've not been able to find anyone who can duplicate that on a Gregorian Calendar in ANY two back to back months in ANY YEAR.

This is just a glimps of what there is on this subject. After the Children were done with their 40 years the Bible again proves that they were still operating under the same lunisolar calendar. Anyone is welcome to correct my math.

Last edited by cephalopod; 03/09/11 03:06 AM.
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Israel/Hamas Support and the Image of the Beast
by ProdigalOne. 04/23/24 11:21 AM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 04/01/24 08:10 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/31/24 06:44 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 04/24/24 02:15 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!