HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,194
Posts195,566
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 16
kland 11
Daryl 3
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
ProdigalOne
ProdigalOne
Alberta, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (ProdigalOne, Daryl, dedication, 3 invisible), 2,215 guests, and 11 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Human Clone Births #42362
12/27/02 05:08 PM
12/27/02 05:08 PM
L
Linda Sutton  Offline OP
Charter Member
2500+ Member
USA
A Frence Chemist with ties to a quasi-religious group announced at a news conference this morning in Hollywood, Florida that a cloned baby girl had been born in an undisclosed location to a 31-year-old American woman. She says that there are more births coming. An Italian scientist is saying that he has a baby due in January. The following links tell the story.

Cloned Baby Birth Claimed

Scientists tied to UFO-based religious group claims to have cloned a human

First Cloned Birth Criticized

As of the time of this post, all URLs are working. They may not work later as some sites will remove stories.

Re: Human Clone Births #42363
12/28/02 03:58 PM
12/28/02 03:58 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Maybe I'm missing something here, but I'm not sure why cloning humans is such a bad idea. I can see alot of good reasons for it. And I can also see how it could be abused. But should we totally scrap the idea because it could be abused?

Re: Human Clone Births #42364
12/30/02 04:46 AM
12/30/02 04:46 AM
Avalee  Offline
Charter Member
Active Member 2014

Most Dedicated Member
Northern CA
You are joking right Mike?

Re: Human Clone Births #42365
12/29/02 09:31 PM
12/29/02 09:31 PM
Daryl  Online Canadian

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
Whether Mike is joking or not, we should be able to back up whether or not it is right or wrong from the Bible and/or the SOP.

Re: Human Clone Births #42366
12/30/02 06:30 PM
12/30/02 06:30 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Believe it or not, I'm not joking. I can see all kinds of good reasons for cloning human babies. Yes, it could be abused. But what about all the positive stuff?

I place cloning in the same category as life support systems and cryonics. Anything that prevents death or improves life is good. Cloning could produce healthier, happier, holier humans. God is still, and always, the author of life, no matter what we do.

Re: Human Clone Births #42367
12/30/02 09:27 PM
12/30/02 09:27 PM
L
Linda Sutton  Offline OP
Charter Member
2500+ Member
USA
I find it incredible that an Adventist minister thinks that human cloning is permissible when even secular scientists are pushing for its ban in the US as it has been banned in several other countries!

Cloning cannot possibly solve the problems of humanity, not even some of them. God is the Creator. He has never taught humankind or given us permission to experiment with plants and animals and humans, mixing up genes, and creating clones, in the manner we are now doing. God has already destroyed one race of man for such sins. He will destroy this one for the same sins.
quote:
But if there was one sin above another which called for the destruction of the race by the flood, it was the base crime of amalgamation of man and beast which defaced the image of God, and caused confusion everywhere. God purposed to destroy by a flood that powerful, long-lived race that had corrupted their ways before him. He would not suffer them to live out the days of their natural life, which would be hundreds of years. {1SP 69.1}
Cloning will result in confusion as the genetic modification is now causing confusion as GMO crops are cross-pollenating with regular, non-GMO crops. Cloning, carried to its extreme, can and will cause the human genetic base to decline and finally crash. We have already seen what happens when people intermarry with close relatives. Mental and physical abnormalities are the result.

Don't come along and say, well, if it's regulated and men only use it carefully. That never happens. Men don't stop once they begin something. The proliferation of nuclear weapons is a case in point. It is only in the mercy of God that only two such weapons have ever been used. But man never stopped building or refining them. In addition we have the former Soviet Union as a powerful lesson to what happens when government breaks down, and men find access to materials and weapons that they can easily steal and sell to the highest bidder. Do you really think that something similar would not happen with cloning?
quote:
For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints. 1 Corinthians 14:33
In the laws and statutes given to Israel he forbid certain practices because it is, He said, confusion.
quote:
Neither shalt thou lie with any beast to defile thyself therewith: neither shall any woman stand before a beast to lie down thereto: it is confusion. Leviticus 18:23

And if a man lie with his daughter in law, both of them shall surely be put to death: they have wrought confusion; their blood shall be upon them. Leviticus 20:12

The word here translated confusion, is used only in these two verses. It means: mixture, i.e., (that is "for example,") unnatural bestiality."

Mixture. Amalgamation.

As it was in the days of Noah. . . .

Re: Human Clone Births #42368
12/30/02 11:54 PM
12/30/02 11:54 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Linda mandated:

"Don't come along and say, well, if it's regulated and men only use it carefully."

With your permission I'd like to further explore the possibilites of human cloning. Just because mankind perverts technology, does that mean certain forms of technology should be outlawed? All we have to do is recall the Dark Ages and we get an idea of what happens when pastors and politicians prevent advancement.

Nuclear bombs! Bad! Are you sure? Think of how many wars it has prevented. Think of how many democracies were saved and created because NATO and the UN had enough nuclear muscle to talk down aggressive nations, such as the former USSR, and not to mention Iraq.

The biblical principles that Linda cited do not suggest that God wholesale forbids cloning plants, animals or human beings. Most of the food we eat today is the result of hybridization. Many of the animals are the result of specialized breeding. Why not improve the human gene pool through carefully constructed cloning?

P.S. Please resist the urge to bash me because I'm willing to explore this topic. Thanx.

Re: Human Clone Births #42369
12/31/02 02:21 AM
12/31/02 02:21 AM
Restin  Offline
Apopka, Florida, USA
I've had enough science in college to not be terribly concerned about cloning, as I don't see it doing what people in general imagine. Just because we can artificially manipulate some gene's and chromosomes doesn't mean we have the key to life. I don't assume that if I make a clone of myself, that clone will have my own consciousness of being. It is not really a way of being immortal and does not cheat death. We each are given our unique, individual window out in the world. No one's consciousness of being, or window, is shared by another, tho God has each within His all-encompassing, eternal consciousness. This is THE most important concern of humans: whether or not you can be alive forever, or non-existent forever. And cloning seems to point at that, tho only points...does not arrive. I'm not extremely outraged nor impressed other than that the world needs to find ways to restrain population instead of increasing it.

Re: Human Clone Births #42370
01/01/03 04:05 AM
01/01/03 04:05 AM
Avalee  Offline
Charter Member
Active Member 2014

Most Dedicated Member
Northern CA
As it was in the days of Noah!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well it is for sure here....

Thank you Linda for your post

Again I have to just sit and shake my head....and say again...you have to be joking...I am sorry you say you are not. God help us all.

Re: Human Clone Births #42371
01/01/03 04:30 AM
01/01/03 04:30 AM
Daryl  Online Canadian

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
Whether it is right or wrong, we should be able to back it up by the Bible and/or the SOP. That to me is a proper response to any topic.

I am aware that the cross-breeding of humans and animals was an abomination as that seems to be clearly stated as Linda posted, but how can we show through the Bible and/or the SOP that cloning is just as sinful?

I understand it to be wrong, however, I must confess that I haven't yet done a thorough study on it so that I can back it up from the Bible and the SOP. If I can be shown differently, then I am open to accepting it differently.

How many of us have studied it thoroughly?

Perhaps, now is as good a time as any to do just that.

Mike: Can you back up what you are saying?

And those on the other side of the issue: Can you back up what you are saying?

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderator  dedication 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by Rick H. 04/14/24 08:00 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:07 AM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/11/24 12:20 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 04/01/24 08:10 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/31/24 06:44 PM
Easter Sunday, Transgender Day of Visibility?
by dedication. 03/31/24 01:34 PM
The Story of David and Goliath
by TruthinTypes. 03/30/24 12:02 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Kevin H. 03/24/24 09:02 PM
The Value of Bible Types
by TruthinTypes. 03/17/24 06:22 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by ProdigalOne. 04/15/24 09:43 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:31 AM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Climate Change and the Sunday Law
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:42 PM
WHAT IS THE VERY END-TIME PROPHECY?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 06:03 PM
Digital Identity Control
by Rick H. 03/23/24 02:08 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!