HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,189
Posts195,525
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
kland 15
Rick H 15
Daryl 4
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
3 registered members (Karen Y, 2 invisible), 2,847 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
How often should we worship? #48489
11/09/00 09:29 PM
11/09/00 09:29 PM
A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered

My friends and I were discussing this the other week at our Bible study. We noted that Daniel prayed 3 times a every day, and that the Bible frequently mentions prayering at the ninth hour, the third hour, the sixth hour, etc.

How would praying/reading The Word affect our lives and how we live them? What does the Bible say about how often we should meet with God daily? Let's seriously dig out some useful answers and not be afraid to share our opinions - this is a safe place where your opinions and thoughts will not be criticized by others.

I'm looking forward to your responses!

------------------
Sarah Moss
*Prayer Changes Things!*

Re: How often should we worship? #48490
11/09/00 11:36 PM
11/09/00 11:36 PM
D
Dan Wilson  Offline
Pastor
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Mark 1:35,36 I always found very humbling. Jesus got up before dawn every day to pray to his Father. If He needed that kind of connection, how much more we need the same connection.

Re: How often should we worship? #48491
11/10/00 12:07 AM
11/10/00 12:07 AM
Daryl  Offline

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
Luke 6:12 "And it came to pass in those days, that He [Jesus] went out into a mountain to pray, and continued all night in prayer to God."

Does this mean we should also pray all night?

Daryl

Re: How often should we worship? #48492
11/10/00 12:58 PM
11/10/00 12:58 PM
Gerry Buck  Offline
Charter Member
Very Dedicated Member
Benton Harbor, Mi.
If He calls us to do so, He will enable us to do it.
Otherwise, we need our rest, and abusing ourselves isn't in His plan for us.

Re: How often should we worship? #48493
11/10/00 02:20 PM
11/10/00 02:20 PM
Daryl  Offline

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
Amen Brother Gerry!

It all depends on the circumstances.

Daryl

Re: How often should we worship? #48494
11/11/00 01:13 AM
11/11/00 01:13 AM
L
Linda Sutton  Offline
Charter Member
2500+ Member
USA
The sacrifices were offered morning and everning.

Exodus 29:39 The one lamb thou shalt offer in the morning; and the other lamb thou shalt offer at even:

Numbers 28:4 The one lamb shalt thou offer in the morning, and the other lamb shalt thou offer at even;

Psalms 55:17 Evening, and morning, and at noon, will I pray, and cry aloud: and he shall hear my voice.

Isaiah 50:4 The Lord GOD hath given me the tongue of the learned, that I should know how to speak a word in season to him that is weary: he wakeneth morning by morning, he wakeneth mine ear to hear as the learned.

quote:
Satan makes every effort to lead people away from God; and he is successful in his purpose when the religious life is drowned in business cares, when he can so absorb their minds in business that they will not take time to read their Bibles, to pray in secret, and to keep the offering of praise and thanksgiving burning on the altar of sacrifice morning and evening. How few realize the wiles of the archdeceiver! how many are ignorant of his devices! When our brethren voluntarily absent themselves from religious meetings, when God is not thought of and reverenced, when He is not chosen as their counselor and their strong tower of defense, how soon secular thoughts and wicked unbelief come in, and vain confidence and philosophy take the place of humble, trusting faith. Often temptations are cherished as the voice of the True Shepherd because men have separated themselves from Jesus. They cannot be safe a moment unless right principles are cherished in the heart and carried into every business transaction. {5T 426.1}

Family worship should not be governed by circumstances. You are not to pray occasionally and, when you have a large day's work to do, neglect it. In thus doing you lead your children to look upon prayer as of no special consequence. Prayer means very much to the children of God, and thank offerings should come up before God morning and evening. Says the psalmist, "O come, let us sing unto the Lord: let us make a joyful noise to the rock of our salvation. Let us come before his presence with thanksgiving, and make a joyful noise unto him with psalms." {CG 520.2}

We should not be satisfied until every known sin is confessed, then it is our privilege and duty to believe that God accepts us. We must not wait for others to press through the darkness and obtain the victory for us to enjoy. Such enjoyment will not be lasting. God must be served from principle instead of from feeling. Morning and evening we should obtain the victory for ourselves, in our own families. Our daily labor should not keep us from this. We must take time to pray, and as we pray, believe that God hears us. We may not at all times feel the immediate answer, but then it is that faith is tried. We are proved to see whether we will trust in God, whether we have living, abiding faith.--Review and Herald, Sept. 4, 1883.

About how and when Jesus prayed.

quote:
To the believing Jews in Jerusalem in the time of Christ, Olivet was a frequent resort for devotion. The hills and valleys about Jerusalem, now so bleak and bare, were then studded with olive-groves and orchards, and here the faithful in Israel would often go to search the Scriptures and to pray. The Garden of Gethsemane was among the places thus frequented. It was to this place, when the city of Jerusalem was hushed in the silence of midnight, that Jesus often repaired for communion with His Father. When those to whom He had ministered all the day went every man to his house, Jesus, we read, "went unto the Mount of Olives." He would sometimes take His disciples with Him to this place of retirement, that they might join their prayers with His. In prayer Christ had power with God, and prevailed. Morning by morning, and evening by evening, He received grace that He might impart to others. Then, His soul replenished with grace and fervor, He would set forth to minister to the souls of men.--ST July 15, 1908.

------------------

Re: How often should we worship? #48495
11/14/00 04:24 AM
11/14/00 04:24 AM
A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered

Well, Daryl, I have found that when I stay up all night in prayer and study, I am more refreshed in the morning because of it! However, when I stay up all night doing other things, I am not refreshed, but rather thoroughly exhausted. I believe that when it is needed, He gives us rest for the time that we spend with Him.

How strong our faith would be if we were to follow these simple guidelines. How do we implement into our life the example set by Jesus? How do we "fit" it into our our busy lives that don't leave room for much else?

How often should we worship with others?

------------------
Sarah Moss
*Prayer Changes Things!*

Re: How often should we worship? #48496
03/21/01 07:18 PM
03/21/01 07:18 PM
Sarah Moss  Offline
Dedicated Member
Alberta, Canada
I was reading a (fictional) book the other day which made me think of this topic again. In this book, the characters went to church services in the morning, went home for lunch and then returned for Sunday School in the afternoon, then vespers, dinner and an evening service. They spent their entire day at Church. As well, the mid-week Bible study. Would our lives be more blessed if we were to revert to that style of worship? Would it be beneficial to give it a try? Do we spend too much time trying to get out of church services and not enough trying to get into them?

------------------
Sarah Moss
*Prayer Changes Things!*

Re: How often should we worship? #48497
03/21/01 10:33 PM
03/21/01 10:33 PM
C
Catherine  Offline
Charter Member
Veteran Member
Michigan, USA
I'm not so sure that would be a good thing to do every week. Sister White said that we should not spend the entire Sabbath indoors, but especially if we have young children, we should take the opportunity in the afternoon to get outdoors and enjoy God's second book - nature.

A couple from our church has visited at the Yahweh church a few times. It is another Sabbath-keeping church. I doubt that they have ever had any past connection with the SDA church, but they conduct their morning services like God told us through Sister White that we should. They do not sit there and listen to sermons, everyone partcipates, with whatever they feel God has given them for that week, whether a song, a testimony, a scripture, etc., each taking his/her turn in perfect order. Even those who may not be quite "all there" are allowed to make their contribution, with the rest patiently giving them their full attention. Then they have a fellowship meal and have a preaching service in the afternoon.

I wish that our church would conduct most of our meetings as testimony meetings, as God directed, and as the Yahweh church does in the mornings. They would be such a blessing to us all. But I do not think it is good to spend all day in meetings every Sabbath, especially if small children are involved.

------------------
The Lord is the strength of my life and my portion forever.

Re: How often should we worship? #48498
03/24/01 05:38 PM
03/24/01 05:38 PM
Markell Moss  Offline
Posting New Member
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Surprise!

Now, seriously.... I don't feel like I have enough proper "worship" time. I dont think this is quite offset by the fact I spend the day in fairly constant communication with him. (I'm very often thinking a conversation with him... no, I'm not hearing voices in my head.)

This communication helps me stay close to hime in a world that's very much Jesus' antagonist, but I think that extra bit of... reverence... in worship time makes it all the more special.
Am I far off here?

------------------
I'm gonna' need a witty signature here.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/27/24 09:35 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Kevin H. 03/24/24 09:02 PM
The Story of David and Goliath
by ProdigalOne. 03/23/24 08:06 PM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 03/22/24 10:17 AM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by kland. 03/21/24 12:34 PM
The Value of Bible Types
by TruthinTypes. 03/17/24 06:22 PM
Orion Which Every One on the Globe Can See
by Rick H. 03/16/24 06:26 PM
'Prophet' Summons UFOs
by ProdigalOne. 03/16/24 02:19 AM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by dedication. 03/11/24 06:31 PM
Get That Razor Wire Up!
by kland. 03/05/24 12:49 PM
Messages for This Time
by ProdigalOne. 03/04/24 05:54 AM
The Lake of Fire is Hell
by Rick H. 03/02/24 05:01 PM
Adventist Agriculture
by kland. 02/29/24 12:33 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by Rick H. 03/27/24 10:36 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:50 PM
Time Is Short!
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:45 PM
Climate Change and the Sunday Law
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:42 PM
WHAT IS THE VERY END-TIME PROPHECY?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 06:03 PM
Digital Identity Control
by Rick H. 03/23/24 02:08 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 01:59 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by ProdigalOne. 03/16/24 08:38 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by Rick H. 03/16/24 06:30 PM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by Kevin H. 03/12/24 09:20 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Daryl. 03/04/24 06:14 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!