HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,596
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 14
kland 9
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
Rick H
Rick H
Florida, USA
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (Karen Y, dedication, ProdigalOne, TruthinTypes, 2 invisible), 2,974 guests, and 8 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: Ten Commandments Abolished? #74105
06/25/06 03:15 PM
06/25/06 03:15 PM
J
James Saptenno  Offline
Charter Member
Active Member 2012
Dedicated Member
Jakarta, Indonesia
Q1 – Where does the Bible say, in a direct, clear, straightforward way, that “the law of Christ” took the place of the “law of God” for the Christians?

Answer no. 1..
Read John 14:15 and John 15:12.
Christ ordered us to love each other, which is His command to us, His believers after the cross.

Read Leviticus 18:4,5.
God ordered the Jews to keep the Ten Commandment for a reward of life.

Read Romans 3:19,20.
All law keepers who seek life through obedience are under condemnation.
Read 2 Corinthians 3:6,7
Serving the Law lead only to death .

Read Romans 13:8.
But by loving each other we have fulfilled the demands of the Ten Commandment.

Read Romans 8:4.
By walking after the Spirit, the righteousness of the Law (Ten Commandments) is fulfilled in us.

Read Galatians 5:22.
The fruit of the Spirit is love.

Conclusion: if we live with faith and walk after the Spirit, the righteous demands of the law (love) is fulfilled in us for love is fruit of the Spirit and love is the fulfillment of the law.

With this in mind, who need the Ten Commandments? No one.

Thus, as Paul said, Christians should now serve the ministry of the Spirit (to live according to the Spirit and the fruit is love) with faith in Christ (2 Corinthians 3:6-11), for the ministry of the law (keeping and obeying the law) lead only to death and has been done away.

Luke approved it: The law (10 Cs) and the prophets (the Mosaic law) were until John; since that time the Kingdom of God is preached……. Luke 16:16.

Repeated by Paul: Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made. Galatians 3:19.

And He has come 2,000 years ago., till then, it stops function.

In his love

James S

Re: Ten Commandments Abolished? #74106
06/25/06 09:50 PM
06/25/06 09:50 PM
Redfog  Offline
Michigan, USA
James, John 14:15 tells us that if we love Jesus we are to keep His commandments. It does not say anything about love taking the place of the commandments. Quite the contrary, Jesus is telling us that keeping the commandments is a sign of our love for Him.

Who needs the 10 commandments? I do. If I keep them I will be happier, I won't be in jail, nor will I catch a sexually transmitted disease. I'll have better family relationships. I will have a day of rest, I'll have respect for God and my fellow man. By keeping the 4th commandment I'll keep in mind the Creation and show my love to the Creator.

We are told that the law has not changed.

Keeping the law does not earn us heaven, however sin will keep us out of heaven and sin is the transgression of the law. Sin separates us from a saving relationship with God.

Redfog

If at first you don't succeed.....destroy all evidence you ever tried.
Re: Ten Commandments Abolished? #74107
06/26/06 02:53 AM
06/26/06 02:53 AM
J
James Saptenno  Offline
Charter Member
Active Member 2012
Dedicated Member
Jakarta, Indonesia
Redfog, you missed the point.

Jesus said, if we love him, we shall keep his commadment and his commandment is to love each other.

It is very clear that Jesus commandment is: To love each other.

Denying this is denying him.

In His love

James S.

Re: Ten Commandments Abolished? #74108
06/26/06 03:25 AM
06/26/06 03:25 AM
J
James Saptenno  Offline
Charter Member
Active Member 2012
Dedicated Member
Jakarta, Indonesia
Quote.
Who needs the 10 commandments? I do. If I keep them I will be happier, I won't be in jail, nor will I catch a sexually transmitted disease. I'll have better family relationships. I will have a day of rest, I'll have respect for God and my fellow man. By keeping the 4th commandment I'll keep in mind the Creation and show my love to the Creator.
Unquote.

So, you rely on a written code on blocks of stone to keep you away from sinning?

Didn’t Paul say that serving this codes lead only to death?

And by loving each other we shall fulfill the demands of the 10 Cs even it is banned. Don’t you believe this?

Do you think that Adam and Eve have this 10 Cs even after they multiply? They didn’t have this law, what is with them is the law of love.

Do we need the 10 Cs in heaven and the New World? Who need it? Love is the great law of God, his very self, which is the FITNES for heaven for those who want to go there.

In His love

James S

Re: Ten Commandments Abolished? #74109
06/26/06 04:57 AM
06/26/06 04:57 AM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
I didn't read this whole thread, so hopefully I'm not pointing out something somebody else did, but it was Moses who taught the two great laws which Jesus cited: Thou shalt love the Lord they God with all thy mind and heart and soul and strength and Thou shalt love thy neighbor as Thyself.

So the idea that love is the fulfillment of the law, as Paul put it, was present in the Old Testament.

What Christ did, as far as the law is concerned, was to reveal what the keeping of the law really looks like.

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Re: Ten Commandments Abolished? #74110
06/26/06 06:21 AM
06/26/06 06:21 AM
J
James Saptenno  Offline
Charter Member
Active Member 2012
Dedicated Member
Jakarta, Indonesia
Q.2 – If now we just have the “law of Christ”, that replaced the supposedly obsolete “law of God”, why does Paul still refer to the “law of God”, saying he has pleasure on it, and keep it in his mind, that the “inclinação da carne” ["inclination of the flesh"] is not subject to the law of God, etc. (Rom. 7:22, 25; 8:7 e 8')? Why does he still refer to the “law of God”, “commandments of God”, things that would be past, instead of focusing only on the “law of Christ”?

Why? Because the law of God discern sin and righteousness!

We will be righteous if we love each other but we sin when we break each of the Ten Commandments.

In His love

James S.

Re: Ten Commandments Abolished? #74111
06/26/06 06:39 AM
06/26/06 06:39 AM
J
James Saptenno  Offline
Charter Member
Active Member 2012
Dedicated Member
Jakarta, Indonesia
Q.3 – If now we just have the “law of Christ” that replaced the supposedly obsolete “law of God”, why does Paul enumerate the Decalogue’s commandments (“law of God”), prescribing them to the Christians as to be obeyed according to the principle of “love”, instead of speaking of the “law of Christ” (Rom. 13:8-10)?

I think you missed the point.

Paul is not prescribing them to the Christians as to be obeyed according to the principle of “love”, but in fact he points out that those who love his neighbor has done what the Decalogue demand’s him to do to his neighbors.

And since we believe that keeping the Decalogue from our own would only result in condemnation, we then seek to live in the Spirit and walk after the Spirit, where love as fruit of the Spirit engulf our hearts and expressed to our neighbors in deeds that fulfill the Demands of the Decalogue.

Love first to have deeds that fulfill the Decalogue demand.

So, is it not the same as a “replacement?” Compare with Leviticus 18:4, 5, when the Decalogue was first.

In His love

James S

Re: Ten Commandments Abolished? #74112
06/26/06 02:13 PM
06/26/06 02:13 PM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
James, your ideas, as I understand them, seem to me to be correct, in that you seem to be saying that love is the fulfilling of the law. However, this is nothing new, in terms of time. It's not something that started with Christ, but, as I pointed out, Moses taught this!

Christ brought these truths to light, however. He showed what it really meant to love; what love really looks like.
But the same Christ who gave the law in the first place is the one who taught Moses the principles which He Himself reiterated on the Sermon of the Mount.

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Re: Ten Commandments Abolished? #74113
06/26/06 02:52 PM
06/26/06 02:52 PM
Darius  Offline
Dedicated Member
Muncie, IN
Let us be careful with our theology. This line of thought would suggest that Adam and Eve did not know how to love their children. Jesus came as man because the demonstration of love has always been obvious in man. He did not come to expose something that had been hidden but to reintroduce something that had been ignored.

Darius A. Lecointe, J.D., Ph.D.
No weapon formed against me shall prosper.
Re: Ten Commandments Abolished? #74114
06/27/06 12:43 AM
06/27/06 12:43 AM
Redfog  Offline
Michigan, USA
James do you think it is OK with God if we sin?

When Jesus said if you love Me keep my commandments (notice more than one) do you think it might have been possible that He was refering to His Ten Commandments?

Without the commandments are we free to do anything we want? Of course not.

If we are not to sin then we need the Ten Commandments to know weather or not we are sinning. Right? Sin after all is the transgression of the Law, what law? Gods law. What is Gods law?

James I don't rely on words on blocks of stone to keep me from sinning. I rely on them to know what sin is.

There is nowhere in the Bible that God ever did away with the 10 commandments. And my question is why would anyone not want to keep them? Even if they were no longer valid they would still direct us to a happier life. Why would anyone not want to keep the Sabbath when God blesses us so much? Why would anyone not want to honor our parents? James, keeping the law is not restrictive but freedom from a life of misery. The decalog was given for our own good. Keeping the laws of God is a privilege, not a burden.

Redfog

If at first you don't succeed.....destroy all evidence you ever tried.
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/25/24 09:37 AM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 04/01/24 08:10 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 04/24/24 02:15 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!