HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,189
Posts195,525
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 16
kland 15
Daryl 4
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Member Spotlight
Kevin H
Kevin H
New York
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
3 registered members (Karen Y, 2 invisible), 2,795 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: Will Our Pets Be Restored To Us In Heaven And/Or On The New Earth? #77904
08/03/06 02:34 AM
08/03/06 02:34 AM
S
summertime  Offline
Centralia, Missouri
Of course any person, from anywhere would be more important than any animal, any place. To save an animal in place of a soul for whom Jesus died, would be contrary to the whole plan of salvation. I just think that, in addition to mansions, and golden doorknobs and streets of golden glass,, that having our pets there also might be an added bonus. I am still trying to find the name of the book written by Steve Wohlberg. If I find it I will post it. 'summertime'

PS I still have hopes that I will have my little dogs, (or at least replicas of them) in heaven. I will just have to talk to Jesus about that.

Last edited by summertime; 08/03/06 02:41 AM.
Re: Will Our Pets Be Restored To Us In Heaven And/Or On The New Earth? #77905
10/07/06 12:43 AM
10/07/06 12:43 AM
L
liane  Offline
Deceased Member (July 2009)
Bishop, CA
I think the title is something like: Will Our Pets be in Heaven. I have the book and have read it and he does give good sound reasoning that animals will be with us, not just as given in the Bible, such as the lion will lie with the lamb, but even our pets.

Will have to get the book down from my shelf and share it.

Having just lost my kitty less than a month ago the thoughts of having him with me on the new earth was upper most in my heart. I cannot see if the lions and lambs are going to be there why not our pets.

The question is will God restore the animals that lived on this earth or will He create new ones? If creation waits for the redemption of man, then I would believe that they would be restored once man has been restored with their bodies and on the new earth.

Re: Will Our Pets Be Restored To Us In Heaven And/Or On The New Earth? #77906
10/07/06 12:53 AM
10/07/06 12:53 AM
Daryl  Offline
OP
Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
We lost our four precious cats over the years; Princess, the mother of three kittens named Prince (all white like his mother), Silver, and Tiger.

We miss them dearly, and would love to see them and have them with us for all eternity.

In His Love, Mercy & Grace,

Daryl smile

John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

http://www.christians-discuss.com/forum/index.php
Re: Will Our Pets Be Restored To Us In Heaven And/Or On The New Earth? #77907
10/07/06 07:11 PM
10/07/06 07:11 PM
Davros  Offline
Dedicated Member
Ohio
Well, we know for sure that there will be animals in heaven.

Quote:

Wolves and lambs will eat together in peace. Lions will eat hay like oxen, and a snake on the ground will not hurt anyone. They will not hurt or destroy each other on all my holy mountain," says the Lord.
Isaiah 65:25 NCV

Although it is true that Jesus did not die to save our pets, there is a promise in the Bible that could give us some hope for them to be there.

Quote:

But as it is written in the Scriptures: "No one has ever seen this, and no one has ever heard about it. No one has ever imagined what God has prepared for those who love him."
1 Corinthians 2:9 NCV

I would not be surprised if the was a little mansion for my former dog in heaven, but I doubt I would be disappointed if there was not either.

As to the discussion of the former things, perhaps this will help…

Quote:

He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and there will be no more death, sadness, crying, or pain, because all the old ways are gone.
Revelation 21:4 NCV

The former things are the old ways of the world. There will be no more death, theft, cheating, lies, covetousness, hate, anger, lust, or pain – in other words, the old way of the world will be gone; that does not mean that everything that was in the world will be gone (our relationships, our love of God, and so forth).

Oh Happy Day!
Re: Will Our Pets Be Restored To Us In Heaven And/Or On The New Earth? #77908
10/07/06 07:43 PM
10/07/06 07:43 PM
Darius  Offline
Dedicated Member
Muncie, IN
Quote:

We lost our four precious cats over the years; Princess, the mother of three kittens named Prince (all white like his mother), Silver, and Tiger.

We miss them dearly, and would love to see them and have them with us for all eternity.

But when you get to eternity you won't remember you had them.

Darius A. Lecointe, J.D., Ph.D.
No weapon formed against me shall prosper.
Re: Will Our Pets Be Restored To Us In Heaven And/Or On The New Earth? #77909
10/07/06 07:47 PM
10/07/06 07:47 PM
Davros  Offline
Dedicated Member
Ohio
Quote:

But when you get to eternity you won't remember you had them.

In light of what I just posted, I would not be so sure about that.

Oh Happy Day!
Re: Will Our Pets Be Restored To Us In Heaven And/Or On The New Earth? [Re: Daryl] #91967
09/22/07 12:30 AM
09/22/07 12:30 AM
D
D R  Offline
Charter Member
SDA
Active Member 2020

East Coast Canada
Mariage (Adam and Eve) was created by God, was this a BAD thing?? If so then God made a mistake, if not, then WHY would there not ber mariage in Heaven?? Yes Daryl this should be another topic!? thanks

Re: Will Our Pets Be Restored To Us In Heaven And/Or On The New Earth? [Re: D R] #91968
09/22/07 12:41 AM
09/22/07 12:41 AM
D
D R  Offline
Charter Member
SDA
Active Member 2020

East Coast Canada
We have had a great Friend, Buddy, for the past 11 years. He was born in BC and when we lived there, we got him. What a personality! one of the most, if not the most, amazing cat I have ever seen. Buddy has always been a big and active cat (just around 20 pounds) This is the hardest few days that I have ever had, it is hard to look at the calendar because on Monday we will have him euthanized. Buddy developed diabetes about 6-9 months ago and we have been faithfully injecting him morning and night, but alas he is not living a quality life. buddy exists and that is about all. he goes from his water dish to his food dish to his catbox. as for if the lord will raise our pets or recreate them in the new earth, THAT IS UP TO HIM! All we can do is ASSUME and put in our 2 cents worth. My reason for posting this message is not to be confrontational but rather to post this as a memorial of my pet cat BUDDY. We have a wonderful dog Sammy, a cat Patches and at my parents house a cat Kiki. these pets have been amazing for our family, our dog actually saved my mothers life! but that is another story. I am amazed that some people, even a Pastor, have told me that pets are not advised to have because they are an extra expense! imagine that, eh!?
thank you for this forum and for allowing this rambling post.
Buddy Richards, 1995-2007. faithful cat, faithful friend.

Re: Will Our Pets Be Restored To Us In Heaven And/Or On The New Earth? [Re: D R] #91977
09/22/07 11:06 PM
09/22/07 11:06 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Dan, yeah, my prayers are with you. I'm sorry. In the following passage, the phrase "the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God" could be interpreted to mean animals, including our pets, will be resurrected with us.

Romans
8:18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time [are] not worthy [to be compared] with the glory which shall be revealed in us.
8:19 For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.
8:20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected [the same] in hope,
8:21 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.

Re: Will Our Pets Be Restored To Us In Heaven And/Or On The New Earth? [Re: Mountain Man] #91978
09/22/07 11:16 PM
09/22/07 11:16 PM
Redfog  Offline
Michigan, USA
BBD my heart goes out to you. Been there done that and it never gets easy. And you may be interested to know that it's not easy on the vet or the nurses either. My wife works at an animal clinic and tears up telling me of pets they have to euthanise. Those animals become part of our lives, our families, indeed they are family. I wish you all the comfort that only He can give.

Redfog

If at first you don't succeed.....destroy all evidence you ever tried.
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/27/24 09:35 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Kevin H. 03/24/24 09:02 PM
The Story of David and Goliath
by ProdigalOne. 03/23/24 08:06 PM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 03/22/24 10:17 AM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by kland. 03/21/24 12:34 PM
The Value of Bible Types
by TruthinTypes. 03/17/24 06:22 PM
Orion Which Every One on the Globe Can See
by Rick H. 03/16/24 06:26 PM
'Prophet' Summons UFOs
by ProdigalOne. 03/16/24 02:19 AM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by dedication. 03/11/24 06:31 PM
Get That Razor Wire Up!
by kland. 03/05/24 12:49 PM
Messages for This Time
by ProdigalOne. 03/04/24 05:54 AM
The Lake of Fire is Hell
by Rick H. 03/02/24 05:01 PM
Adventist Agriculture
by kland. 02/29/24 12:33 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by Rick H. 03/27/24 10:36 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:50 PM
Time Is Short!
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:45 PM
Climate Change and the Sunday Law
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:42 PM
WHAT IS THE VERY END-TIME PROPHECY?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 06:03 PM
Digital Identity Control
by Rick H. 03/23/24 02:08 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 01:59 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by ProdigalOne. 03/16/24 08:38 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by Rick H. 03/16/24 06:30 PM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by Kevin H. 03/12/24 09:20 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Daryl. 03/04/24 06:14 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!