HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,189
Posts195,525
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 16
kland 15
Daryl 4
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Member Spotlight
Kevin H
Kevin H
New York
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
3 registered members (Karen Y, 2 invisible), 2,795 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Kids With High IQs Grow Up to Be Vegetarians #82623
12/16/06 02:23 PM
12/16/06 02:23 PM
Avalee  Offline OP
Charter Member
Active Member 2014

Most Dedicated Member
Northern CA
How interesting:

As a child's IQ rises, his taste for meat in adulthood declines, a new study suggests.

You can read the entire article at:

Kids With High IQs Grow Up to Be Vegetarians

Re: Kids With High IQs Grow Up to Be Vegetarians [Re: Avalee] #150819
03/17/13 12:53 AM
03/17/13 12:53 AM
Avalee  Offline OP
Charter Member
Active Member 2014

Most Dedicated Member
Northern CA
Originally Posted By: Avalee
How interesting:

As a child's IQ rises, his taste for meat in adulthood declines, a new study suggests.

You can read the entire article at:

Kids With High IQs Grow Up to Be Vegetarians

The above URL is no longer available. I found this one that still has the article
Kids With High IQs Grow Up To Be Vegetarians

Re: Kids With High IQs Grow Up to Be Vegetarians [Re: Avalee] #151147
03/24/13 03:26 AM
03/24/13 03:26 AM
jamesonofthunder  Offline
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
Kids who are filled with the Holy Spirit have a major jump in their IQ's also, and the Holy Spirit leads all who are listening to Vegetarianism.

I tested out at 100 in the intelligence quotient tests in school, but after being led to the Sabbath through the Holy Spirit, when my mind was filled with divine light and I could feel neural pathways connect and He told me "This (the Sabbath) will lead you home to me" I tested again ten years later at 149! A 50% increase in comprehension skills testing levels which actually corresponds to 100% increase of comprehensions skills because of how the curve works.

I'm positive this is what led me to accept vegetarianism and receive the strength to overcome flesh meats when I accepted the teachings of the Spirit of Prophecy.

Search me oh God and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts, see if there is any offensive way in me and lead me to the way everlasting. Amen
Re: Kids With High IQs Grow Up to Be Vegetarians [Re: Avalee] #152343
05/05/13 10:46 AM
05/05/13 10:46 AM
G
Gregory  Offline
SDA
Chaplain

Active Member 2022
Most Dedicated Member
USA
Interesting.

Gregory
May God's will be done.
Re: Kids With High IQs Grow Up to Be Vegetarians [Re: jamesonofthunder] #152344
05/05/13 11:31 AM
05/05/13 11:31 AM
G
Gregory  Offline
SDA
Chaplain

Active Member 2022
Most Dedicated Member
USA
James claims the following:
Quote:
I tested out at 100 in the intelligence quotient tests in school, . . . . I tested again ten years later at 149! A 50% increase in comprehension skills testing levels which actually corresponds to 100% increase of comprehensions skills because of how the curve works.

James has a rather simplistic view of IQ tests.

1) When James says he tested at 100, he stated that he was in a group of one out of every two people who tested at 100 or higher.

2) When James says he tested at 149 he stated that he was in a group of one out of every 900 people who tested at 149 or higher.

3) When James said he obtained a 50% increase he essentially said that IQ scores are linear.

4) When James stated that this was a 100% increase he now correctly called the IQ score a logarithmic distribution.

5) IQ scores are graphed on a "bell-shaped" curve. This is a logarithmic graph which is also called a "normal" or "Gaussiann" Distribution.

NOTE: I acknowledge that therr is some discussion as to whether IQ scores actually follow a Gaussian distribution. They clearly fit a logarithmic distribution better than a linear one so I am simply leaving it at that.

You can believe as you chose to believe. If you think that James stands as 1/900, fine. I am not going to attempt to tell you what his IQ score actually is. I do not konw what it is. I simply say that James has made a simplistic statement about IQ scores.

Last edited by Gregory; 05/05/13 12:17 PM.

Gregory
May God's will be done.
Re: Kids With High IQs Grow Up to Be Vegetarians [Re: Gregory] #152357
05/05/13 07:15 PM
05/05/13 07:15 PM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
I know how the IQ score works. Have you heard of the Flynn effect? How about musicality? Fluid or crystallized intelligence? The difference in IQ tests? I taught myself music and mastered it in three years to become the highest paid Bass player in Alaska for ten years.

I was asked all of the different factors in my life by the Psychologist who administered the second IQ score and she gave me the exact information that I posted here.

I know it's a bell curve, but based off the elements of acquired cognitive skills and other factors it was determined in a general statement that my cognitive skills had increased 100% between my two IQ tests.

Search me oh God and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts, see if there is any offensive way in me and lead me to the way everlasting. Amen
Re: Kids With High IQs Grow Up to Be Vegetarians [Re: jamesonofthunder] #152361
05/06/13 02:00 AM
05/06/13 02:00 AM
G
Gregory  Offline
SDA
Chaplain

Active Member 2022
Most Dedicated Member
USA
Quote:
. . . my cognitive skills had increased 100% between my two IQ tests.

1) If your cognitive skills had increased 100% between the two IQ tests, your IQ score would have been less tlhan 149 due to the fact that IQ is measured on a logarithmic scale.

I gave you a clue to that when I accurately stated that an IQ of 100 places you in the top one out of two and an IQ of 149 places you in the top one out of nine hundred.

2) You remind me of a soldier whom I once met in South Korea who was stationed there while I was there. He felt quite free to tell people that he was a member of MENSA. As I pointed out to people: The members of MENSA whom I have known did not feel a need to inform others that they were members. Generally people think that there is something wrong when one needs to convinve others of their high IQ.

Gregory
May God's will be done.
Re: Kids With High IQs Grow Up to Be Vegetarians [Re: jamesonofthunder] #152362
05/06/13 02:18 AM
05/06/13 02:18 AM
G
Gregory  Offline
SDA
Chaplain

Active Member 2022
Most Dedicated Member
USA
Quote:
Have you heard of the Flynn effect? How about musicality? Fluid or crystallized intelligence?

Flynn Effect: Yes. The Flynn Effect is always applied to national IQ Scores and not to individuals. Further, the Flynn Effect is thought to have essentially gone away in the developed nations--perhaps 30+ years ago. It still continues in the non-developed nations.

So,in short, the Flynn Effect does not apply to you as you are an individual, not a nation.

As to musicality and the others: You have raised a valid question which addresses the whole concept of intelligence and how it is measured. What you hae failed to do is to show that the question you have raised has any revelance to your comments about your IQ going from 100 to 149.

NOw, If you were at the second testing, tested by a test that measured those factors, you might have a point. However, if so you failed in you foundational statement due to the fact that you did not corelate the second test score with the first. As you probably well understand: If tested by a second difference test, you must corelate it with the first test score.

E.g. If one is tested once by the Stanford-Binet and the second by the WAIS, you must corelate the two in order to compare. NOTE: Neither of the tests that I have mentioned would measure musacility that you mentioned. To measure that you would have to have taken a highlly specialized test and corelate it to the WAIS, or watever you previously took.

Gregory
May God's will be done.
Re: Kids With High IQs Grow Up to Be Vegetarians [Re: jamesonofthunder] #152363
05/06/13 02:31 AM
05/06/13 02:31 AM
G
Gregory  Offline
SDA
Chaplain

Active Member 2022
Most Dedicated Member
USA
Quote:
. . . the Psychologist who administered the second IQ score and she gave me the exact information that I posted here.

To be meaningful, you should have informed us of the test that you were given. The score that you recieve depends somewaht on the tetst you are given.

Gregory
May God's will be done.
Re: Kids With High IQs Grow Up to Be Vegetarians [Re: Gregory] #152364
05/06/13 08:34 AM
05/06/13 08:34 AM
G
Gregory  Offline
SDA
Chaplain

Active Member 2022
Most Dedicated Member
USA
To give an example of the Flynn Effect:

Let us say that at the beginning of a stated period of time the average U.S. IQ score is 100 and 10 years later the average U.S. IQ score is 105. That would be an example of the Flynn Effect.

James example of his claimed change from 100 to 149 is totally outside of the range of the Flynn Effect. And, the Flynn Effect applies to national scores in developed countries. It is not applied to individual IQ scores.

Gregory
May God's will be done.
Re: Kids With High IQs Grow Up to Be Vegetarians [Re: jamesonofthunder] #152366
05/06/13 08:58 AM
05/06/13 08:58 AM
G
Gregory  Offline
SDA
Chaplain

Active Member 2022
Most Dedicated Member
USA
James has mentioned muscality, fluid and crystelized IQ:

Fluid and Crystelized IQ are concepts that are well understood and standard IQ tests attempt to measusre.

NOTE: It is debated as to how successful the standard IQ tests are in attempting to measure those two concepts. It is believed that there are special tests that do a better job.

Muscality is another contraversal concept. In a 1968 review of attempts to study muscality in some 16,000 persons the corelation constant was determilned to be r=35. To put it simply that figure showed a very low relationship between muscality and IQ. Other studies have been done which generally, but not always, supported the idea that there is a low relationshilp between muscality and IQ.

For a discussion of some of these issues read the following:

http://books.google.com/books?id=b00DrNZ...ligence&f=false

NOTE: If this does not work, I am sorry.

In any case, the whole construct as to what is intellegence is still under discussion. There is more to be learned on this issue.

Gregory
May God's will be done.
Re: Kids With High IQs Grow Up to Be Vegetarians [Re: Gregory] #152376
05/06/13 11:07 PM
05/06/13 11:07 PM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
You see all those elements Gregory and you fail to realize I am stating those other variables because there are conditions that lead to differing IQ scores, but not even close to the level of a jump that occured with me. She tried playing down the level of IQ jump that occured with my mind by factoring in all those other variables and by this reasoning gave me the impression that 100% jump in cognitive skills was a reserved assessment. How would you feel if I stated that I am three times or even four times more cognitive than I was as a child? Now would you think I was boasting?

Do you see what I'm saying? I gave the reserved assessment as a way of toning down the evaluation without trying to sound as if I am trying brag about it. And this assessment does not take into consideration that I was not feeling the Holy Spirit motivate me to take this test in the first place. The times when God speaks to my mind there is no level of testing that can accommodate and weigh the mind that speaks to me then.

Let me illustrate it this way.

The physiologist who gave me the second test, using the most advanced IQ test available today (6 years ago) told me it was impossible for my IQ to have jumped as high as it did. She tried to put all those other variables into the mix to justify the outcome. But what she didn't factor, and what was so impressive in my mind at that moment, hidden away in the recesses of my memory was all the alcohol and drugs I had done prior to becoming an Adventist and the fact that I still suffer from dyslexia.

I was scored at a 100 when I was a child. I taught myself guitar and sound engineering and became a minor Alaskan celebrity for 20 years, working for some of the most self-destructive people on the planet if you know what I mean. I drank enough alcohol and did enough drugs to kill most men. I toured with Ozzy Osbourne and The Scorpions and 'Crosby Stills and Nash' as well as many others while trying to keep up with their excesses.

While on tour as supporting act with the band Great White, standing on stage in front of 5,000 people and very close to being signed to a recording contract I heard the still small voice warn me that I was about to go too far. This is what I heard, "why do you kick against the pricks?" He was warning me that the life I was about to commit to was not where He wanted me to be.

I went home needing God to reveal Himself to me. Feeling totally without hope, I rested in Christ (collapsed really). I locked my door and took out the bible my mother gave me at conformation decades earlier and I fasted and prayed while reading the bible all the way through the old testament beginning in Genesis.

When my heart was immersed in the word, everything else fell away, and I knew peace for the first time in my life and this was in stark contrast after the hell I had gone through. (all of my family and friends were rowdy drunkards)

When I tried putting the bible away and turned on my TV, the evil painful ugliness came flooding back into my heart like a horror, so I turned it back off and got back on my knees and kept praying and reading.

Two days went by and a realized I had not eaten anything and my desire to get high or drunk was taken away. I prayed and thanked God and then I started to hear the still small voice get louder and peace came flooding into my soul again, and this was a greater experience than any I'd had before. So when I woke up the next morning and the ugliness tried rising again, I got back on my knees and started prayerfully reading. This became like a mission of mercy to my soul, a refuge from the evil pressing around me.

I read through the whole old testament and could sense the Holy Spirit encouraging me that He wanted to teach me something very important. Every epiphany was followed by a greater one day after day. On the evening of the sixth day I sensed the rage of the devil trying to discourage me, but this only encouraged me.

I woke up the next morning and while reading through the book of Matthew very slowly to find the treasure I had been promised, it was like I was in the Garden of Eden being taught directly by Jesus. I cannot explain it but it was tangible, like my apartment fell away and I was in presence of angels.

Then I came to Matthew 12:8 "For the Son of Man is Lord of the Sabbath.” And it was like a light surrounded those words and filled my mind, and I heard the Still Small Voice say "this will lead you home to me". It was so loud it startled me thrillingly, and I could feel neural pathways connect and thoughts were put together inside my mind in a grand gesture of established faithful service.

From that day forward my comprehension levels for scripture and for science and for reasoning have increased so much that I had to go to the psychologist to be retested on my IQ so I could verify the results.

I realize that a score of 149 is way more advanced than a 100% increase of cognitive skills, and this puts me at the top 99% of the worlds population, but most people do not know that, and it does them no harm to be told it was MORE THAN a 100% jump like I always say. I state it that way to illustrate it was an immense jump that I do not take credit for. I have never ran into anyone who would try to argue the point before, like it is their duty to correct me, but that is on your head to justify Gregory.

So yes the blessing I received literally made me a different person.

That day I can only describe as the greatest blessing I had ever received to that point, but it was not the last. In that experience I was shown the righteousness of Christ and it humbled me while emboldening me to defend truth. I was given a great blessing and to this day have not touched alcohol again and I was a major alcoholic. Can you see the blessing there? I became a vegetarian and stopped using drugs all in one day. I will never stop telling this story this way because it happened and I am grateful.

The voice that I heard that SABBATH DAY was God's and it had a special signature to it. I can only describe it like hearing your dads voice for the first time as a baby and having it printed on your heart. It cannot be counterfeited and you can detect it through a crowd. I call it the 'signature of God'.

That seventh Day in my fast righteously just so happened to be Saturday, and the realization of all of this thrilled me to my core and I truly gave praise to God for the first time in my whole existence that moment. Then I got up and went looking for a Sabbath keeping church where I could give this testimony, and while looking in faith the Still Small Voice lead me directly to the SDA church the same day. But I was not received like I had hoped for in my newfound family. Only those who truly loved God as He showed me accepted me as a brother. Not even one out of 20 accept my testimony (that is a generous statement) let alone accept me as a brother. I have been warred against in our denomination by men in power because of my testimony and because of how God sets me against sin.

This same voice has taught me so much. He has given me visions and dreams and sustained me through hardships while blessing me with knowledge and truth. The same time I have been pierced by many sorrows I have been blessed beyond what my brothers testify of. When I hear my brothers half heartedly pray, I claim the blessing I know God wants for us. He shows me His will. I pray in His Spirit and see miracles.

All of the different elements of the dreams and visions God gave me, I found hidden in scripture and testified about in the Spirit of Prophecy. The light that circled the words "LORD OF THE SABBATH" on that first day, Mrs White saw circling the Fourth Commandment in heaven. The train heading to the abyss that I got off of in my first dream from God was the same train heading with lightning speed to perdition in Early Writings, and I had these visions and dreams before I had EVER READ ANY OF HER WORKS! That is how I know without any doubt that these blessings have been from God and I cannot take credit for it.

Now do you see why I feel comfortable only stating that my IQ has increased MORE THAN 100%? I do not want to boast, only to illustrate the blessing I received that day. Do with this what you will, but this is my blessing and testimony till Jesus comes to get us.

Thank you Father for your wonderful works in the name of your Son Jesus, amen.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/27/24 09:35 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Kevin H. 03/24/24 09:02 PM
The Story of David and Goliath
by ProdigalOne. 03/23/24 08:06 PM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 03/22/24 10:17 AM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by kland. 03/21/24 12:34 PM
The Value of Bible Types
by TruthinTypes. 03/17/24 06:22 PM
Orion Which Every One on the Globe Can See
by Rick H. 03/16/24 06:26 PM
'Prophet' Summons UFOs
by ProdigalOne. 03/16/24 02:19 AM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by dedication. 03/11/24 06:31 PM
Get That Razor Wire Up!
by kland. 03/05/24 12:49 PM
Messages for This Time
by ProdigalOne. 03/04/24 05:54 AM
The Lake of Fire is Hell
by Rick H. 03/02/24 05:01 PM
Adventist Agriculture
by kland. 02/29/24 12:33 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by Rick H. 03/27/24 10:36 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:50 PM
Time Is Short!
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:45 PM
Climate Change and the Sunday Law
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:42 PM
WHAT IS THE VERY END-TIME PROPHECY?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 06:03 PM
Digital Identity Control
by Rick H. 03/23/24 02:08 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 01:59 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by ProdigalOne. 03/16/24 08:38 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by Rick H. 03/16/24 06:30 PM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by Kevin H. 03/12/24 09:20 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Daryl. 03/04/24 06:14 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!