HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,194
Posts195,567
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 16
kland 12
Daryl 3
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
ProdigalOne
ProdigalOne
Alberta, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
2 registered members (2 invisible), 3,186 guests, and 17 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 14 of 17 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 17
Re: A Bible Study on Vegetarianism [Re: vastergotland] #86806
03/22/07 12:13 PM
03/22/07 12:13 PM
Cheri Fritz  Offline OP
Gloversville, NY, USA
Greetings Will,
 Quote:
Cheri,
#1 He was in mourning for 3 weeks, and he stated that as a result he did not touch X,Y,Z for those 3 weeks
#2We are talking about meat eating not drinking.
To discuss Daniels character is not relevant. Claiming eating meat is a sin is relevant to this topic.
That's what we are talking about. Did he eat meat yay or nay? Can yo answer that Cheri.
Here:
Do you believe that Daniel ate meat.
God Bless,
Will
To my knowledge the topic of this study is "A Bible Study on Vegetarianism" though currently we are discussing our faith with regards to Daniel if he continued to eat flesh meat and began drinking alcohol.

For me not to enter into the issue of mourning would mean for me to leave out a verse. Since mourning is Daniel's description of his mental frame of mind it must be taken into consideration because this continues to identify the moral and ethics of his personality.

Also, it is Daniel that mentions both alcohol and flesh eating, therefore both should be taken into consideration when asking for discernment from the Lord. And I find no sin in discussing both.

It is true, I do not believe that Daniel changed his diet from the time of his youth. Through prayer, study and supplication, the Lord has provided peace on this issue that Daniel did not eat flesh and did not drink alcohol in his daily dietary habits.

I do not desire to debate on this issue, for I have given my understanding, and have given testimony to my faith. Have kept my heart and mind towards Christ Jesus. And have asked for the Holy Spirit to teach me.

Will, clearly you have your faith and even perhaps conviction. Be in peace with it and be joyful in the Lord because when God wants me to know differently He will make it well known for He is a kind and considerate God. So therefore I suggest that if my faith does cause you pain and suffering pray for me that my eyes will be opened if you see them closed.
 Quote:
1 Corinthians 12:26 "And whether one member suffer, all the members suffer with it; or one member be honoured, all the members rejoice with it."

Your Sister in Christ Jesus,
Cheri

"Why is it so hard to lead a self-denying, humble life? Because professed Christians are not dead to the world. It is easy living after we are dead." 1T 131.2
Re: A Bible Study on Vegetarianism [Re: Cheri Fritz] #86807
03/22/07 12:43 PM
03/22/07 12:43 PM
Cheri Fritz  Offline OP
Gloversville, NY, USA
Greetings Thomas,

Taking of the passover lamb was type that represented Antitype, which is Christ Jesus. To take and eat was no sin but an obligation. For it was their benefit to comprehend how much of Christ Jesus they would need in their entire embodiment, just as today. For myself, I cannot compare the sacrifice to daily dietary requirements.

Intersting thought question for you: Do you know that when we take of the Lord's supper we are still taking of the flesh and the blood?

Cheri

"Why is it so hard to lead a self-denying, humble life? Because professed Christians are not dead to the world. It is easy living after we are dead." 1T 131.2
Re: A Bible Study on Vegetarianism [Re: Cheri Fritz] #86808
03/22/07 12:53 PM
03/22/07 12:53 PM
V
vastergotland  Offline
Active Member 2011
3500+ Member
Sweden
 Originally Posted By: Cheri Fritz
Greetings Thomas,

Taking of the passover lamb was type that represented Antitype, which is Christ Jesus. To take and eat was no sin but an obligation. For it was their benefit to comprehend how much of Christ Jesus they would need in their entire embodiment, just as today. For myself, I cannot compare the sacrifice to daily dietary requirements.

Intersting thought question for you: Do you know that when we take of the Lord's supper we are still taking of the flesh and the blood?

Cheri
Yes, I know that it represents the passover sacrafice of Jesus.

Galatians 2
21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

It is so hazardous to take here a little and there a little. If you put the right little's together you can make the bible teach anything you wish. //Graham Maxwell
Re: A Bible Study on Vegetarianism [Re: Tammy Roesch] #86814
03/22/07 03:11 PM
03/22/07 03:11 PM
asygo  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2023

5500+ Member
California, USA
 Originally Posted By: Tammy Roesch
 Originally Posted By: asygo
I see that as an outworking of the principle I was talking about. Obedience and disobedience are both a matter between the person and God. What is in your mouth is nowhere near as important as what is in your heart. If it is in your heart to obey God, you're fine; if it is in your heart to try to do something that is not God's will, whether by outright rebellion or by theological/intellectual gymnastics to make it seem OK, you're dead. Does everyone here agree?

Personally, I think it could be dangerous to look at it like that, Arnold. I'm afraid alot of people could do alot of justifying, and eat pretty much anything, as they tell themselves that "their heart was right with the Lord"...

Yes, it could be dangerous, but I see no way to avoid it. God has not seen fit to give each one of us a comprehensive list of dos and don'ts. Instead, He wants each of us to be attuned to His still, small voice.

As we should all know by now, people do a lot of self-justification. Not just in meat-eating, but worse, in pride, self-sufficiency, arrogance. I know of "messengers of God" who can rail on someone for "gossip," but never realize that the information they have was gathered through the same means. I confronted one about it, and she replied, "I don't care what people say. My heart is right with God."

We could wish that God would give such a one a list of what not to do. But God doesn't want computers to program. He wants people to lovingly reflect His character. And that requires a level of danger.

Originally Posted By: Tammy Roesch
I believe that if our heart is right with the Lord, there are certain things we just plain won't eat, won't drink, won't wear, won't say, etc, etc, etc. There still are some "black and whites" - not everything is all gray...

Very true. But we must realize what makes something black or white.

What God tells you may or may not have anything to do with me. OTOH, what God tells me is black and white for me.

By God's grace,
Arnold

There is no excuse for any one in taking the position that there is no more truth to be revealed, and that all our expositions of Scripture are without an error. The fact that certain doctrines have been held as truth for many years by our people, is not a proof that our ideas are infallible. Age will not make error into truth, and truth can afford to be fair. No true doctrine will lose anything by close investigation. RH 12/20/1892
Re: A Bible Study on Vegetarianism [Re: Cheri Fritz] #86824
03/22/07 05:41 PM
03/22/07 05:41 PM
Daryl  Offline

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada

Taking of the passover lamb was type that represented Antitype, which is Christ Jesus. To take and eat was no sin but an obligation.

Cheri touched on something in her post that I was thinking and wondering about even before I read her post on this.

Although a special meal, such as we have at Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc., I see this as an actual meal in which an actual lamb, flesh food, was eaten. On this special occasion, I would assume that Daniel also ate this flesh food meal?

In His Love, Mercy & Grace,

Daryl smile

John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

http://www.christians-discuss.com/forum/index.php
Re: A Bible Study on Vegetarianism [Re: vastergotland] #86825
03/22/07 05:56 PM
03/22/07 05:56 PM
C
crater  Offline
Veteran Member
United States
 Originally Posted By: västergötland
However, I would like to know how injecting meat and dairy cattle with this growth hormone gets it into eggs and chicken? Unless you are saying that they feed the chicken with beef...

Since you asked! Apparently they do feed beef part to chickens! Though I wouldn't say that is the primary source of growth hormones for chickens.

Quote:
uneaten poultry feed, which can still contain ground-up cow parts, including spinal cord, brain tissues, eyes, intestines, tonsils and other risky tissues that transmit mad cow. This feed, though not meant for cows can easily be swept up in poultry litter which is then fed back to cows. http://www.sustainabletable.org/features/articles/dairy/

Quote:
Poultry feed may legally contain protein that is prohibited in ruminant feed, such as bovine meat and bone meal. http://72.14.253.104/search?q=cache:zzia...lient=firefox-a

Quote:
Poultry Feed:

Poultry feeds are designed to contain all protein, Energy, Vitamins and other nutrients. Poultry feed is also available with several type of medications to prevent diseases. A typical poultry feed consists of following ingredients:

Ground Yellow Corn
Wheat middling
Soy (44% CP)
Corn Gluten Meal
Barley
Oats
Wheat
Meat & Bone (50% CP)
Alfalfa meal (dehy)
Fat
http://72.14.253.104/search?q=cache:owMi...lient=firefox-a

Chickens are given growth hormones too!

Quote:
The use of growth hormones in chickens (they now grow to maturity twice as quickly as they would naturally) is also a concern as the people who eat chicken consume the hormones as well. Some believe that the increasingly earlier onset of puberty is the result of the liberal use of such hormones, which are also found in other meats, as well as dairy. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicken#Issues_with_mass_production

Quote:
Growth hormones are fed to cattle and chickens in the United States to increase food production. Through the use of growth hormones, chickens go from egg to meat market in six weeks. We do not understand the impact on humans of eating this much additional growth hormone.

The FDA and many physicians feel that since Growth Hormone is a protein, it is broken down in the stomach and is not of concern. Other people believe that it may increase the rate of growth of tumors. http://www.vhl.org/newsletter/vhl1994/94afdiet.htm

Looks like the fish aren't safe now either!

Quote:
Recombinant Chicken and Bovine Growth Hormones Accelerate Growth in Aquacultured Juvenile Pacific Salmon Oncorhynchus kisutch http://www.nature.com/nbt/journal/v3/n7/abs/nbt0785-643.html

I assume that Will's in-laws serve wild salmon. \:D

Quote:
The debate on whether growth hormones should or should not be used for food production has become a very political issue. In 1989, the European Community (now European Union) issued a ban on all meat from animals treated with steroid growth hormones, which is still in effect. The use of steroid hormones for beef cattle is permitted in Canada.

Countries within the European Union do not allow the use of the protein hormone rbGH, for dairy cattle. In 1999, the Canadian government refused approval for the sale of rbGH for dairy cattle, based on concerns about the health effects including mastitis in treated animals.

Studies done so far do not provide evidence to state that hormone residues in meat or dairy products cause any human health effects. However, a conclusion on lack of human health effect can only be made after large-scale studies compare the health of people who eat meat or dairy products from hormone-treated animals, to people who eat a similar diet, but from untreated animals. http://envirocancer.cornell.edu/Factsheet/Diet/fs37.hormones.cfm

Re: A Bible Study on Vegetarianism [Re: Daryl] #86826
03/22/07 06:00 PM
03/22/07 06:00 PM
C
crater  Offline
Veteran Member
United States
 Originally Posted By: Daryl Fawcett

Taking of the passover lamb was type that represented Antitype, which is Christ Jesus. To take and eat was no sin but an obligation.

Cheri touched on something in her post that I was thinking and wondering about even before I read her post on this.

Although a special meal, such as we have at Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc., I see this as an actual meal in which an actual lamb, flesh food, was eaten. On this special occasion, I would assume that Daniel also ate this flesh food meal?

That thought had occurred to me also. Did they not also eat the bitter herbs with the meal?

Re: A Bible Study on Vegetarianism [Re: Cheri Fritz] #86829
03/22/07 06:12 PM
03/22/07 06:12 PM
G
gordonb1  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2014

Veteran Member
Quebec

Yes Sister Cheri,

The ceremonial obligation is quite different from the daily dietary. We should not confuse the sacred with the common. Rather I believe the shedding of blood at Passover would cause regret and deep contemplation for the contrite believer, as it typifies the death of Christ due to our sins.

Thus the passover lamb would be slain and consumed with regret, reflection and a recognition of guilt. This would not be an act of appetite gratification, but rather remorse, as well as humble gratitude toward the Saviour.

Gordon

Re: A Bible Study on Vegetarianism [Re: gordonb1] #86832
03/22/07 07:34 PM
03/22/07 07:34 PM
Cheri Fritz  Offline OP
Gloversville, NY, USA
Greetings Brother Gordon,
 Quote:
Yes Sister Cheri,

The ceremonial obligation is quite different from the daily dietary. We should not confuse the sacred with the common. Rather I believe the shedding of blood at Passover would cause regret and deep contemplation for the contrite believer, as it typifies the death of Christ due to our sins.

Thus the passover lamb would be slain and consumed with regret, reflection and a recognition of guilt. This would not be an act of appetite gratification, but rather remorse, as well as humble gratitude toward the Saviour.

Gordon

Amen.

Cheri

Re: A Bible Study on Vegetarianism [Re: Cheri Fritz] #86835
03/22/07 08:20 PM
03/22/07 08:20 PM
Daryl  Offline

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
Even though not a daily dietary, it is still considered the eating of flesh food, which, if a sin, wouldn't even be appropriate as a symbol.

In His Love, Mercy & Grace,

Daryl smile

John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

http://www.christians-discuss.com/forum/index.php
Page 14 of 17 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 17

Moderator  Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by Rick H. 04/14/24 08:00 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:07 AM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 04/01/24 08:10 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/31/24 06:44 PM
Easter Sunday, Transgender Day of Visibility?
by dedication. 03/31/24 01:34 PM
The Story of David and Goliath
by TruthinTypes. 03/30/24 12:02 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Kevin H. 03/24/24 09:02 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by ProdigalOne. 04/15/24 09:43 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:31 AM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Climate Change and the Sunday Law
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:42 PM
WHAT IS THE VERY END-TIME PROPHECY?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 06:03 PM
Digital Identity Control
by Rick H. 03/23/24 02:08 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!