What Channel Are You Turned Into?

14 The sinners in Zion are afraid; fearfulness hath surprised the hypocrites. Who among us shall dwell with the devouring fire? who among us shall dwell with everlasting burnings?
15 He that walketh righteously, and speaketh uprightly; he that despiseth the gain of oppressions, that shaketh his hands from holding of bribes, that stoppeth his ears from hearing of blood, and shutteth his eyes from seeing evil;

“Know ye not that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are, to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or obedience unto righteousness?” (Rom.6:16). “…They themselves, are the servants of corruption; for of whom a man is overcome, of the same is he brought into bondage.” (2 Pet.2:19)

The Twenty-Third Channel

The TV set is my shepherd; my spiritual growth shall want. It maketh me to sit down, and do nothing for His name’s sake, because it requireth so much of my spare time. It keepeth me from doing my duty as a Christian, because it presenteth me with so many good shows, which I just must see.

It restoreth my knowledge of the things of the world, and keepeth me from the study of God’s Word. It leadeth me in the paths of failing to attend prayer meetings, evening worship services, and just generally doing nothing for the kingdom of God…Yea, though I live to be over a hundred, ; I shall keep on viewing my TV, for it is my closest companion. It keeps me company when I am sick, or, during lonely times. It’s sound, and it’s picture; they do comfort me.

My TV presenteth enetrtainment before me, and keepeth me from doing many important things with family, friends, neighbors, etc. It fills my head with ideas that differ from ideas set forth in the Word of God. Surely, no good thing will come of my life, since my TV offers me no really good time to do the will of God; thus will I dwell in the place of Satan and his evil angels for ever and ever.

Ps. 24:3 Who shall ascend into the hill of the LORD? or who shall stand in his holy place?
4 He that hath clean hands, and a pure heart; who hath not lifted up his soul unto vanity, nor sworn deceitfully.
5 He shall receive the blessing from the LORD, and righteousness from the God of his salvation. Isa 58:12 And they that shall be of thee shall build the old waste places: thou shalt raise up the foundations of many generations; and thou shalt be called, The repairer of the breach, The restorer of paths to dwell in.

The Twenty-Third Psalm

1 <> The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name’s sake.
4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.

Ps. 107: 13 Then they cried unto the LORD in their trouble, and he saved them out of their distresses.
21 Oh that men would praise the LORD for his goodness, and for his wonderful works to the children of men!

“He hath made His wonderful works to be remembered.” Ps.111:4 (not TV, Computers, or any such thing)

[ July 05, 2002, 05:56 PM: Message edited by: DavidTBattler ]