HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,189
Posts195,525
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
kland 15
Rick H 15
Daryl 4
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
3 registered members (Karen Y, 2 invisible), 2,847 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 12
Re: "We Have No Sin" [Re: Tom] #97358
03/27/08 04:43 AM
03/27/08 04:43 AM
asygo  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2023

5500+ Member
California, USA
 Originally Posted By: Tom Ewall
Knowing God's love means the same thing as knowing God, right?

Right.

By God's grace,
Arnold

There is no excuse for any one in taking the position that there is no more truth to be revealed, and that all our expositions of Scripture are without an error. The fact that certain doctrines have been held as truth for many years by our people, is not a proof that our ideas are infallible. Age will not make error into truth, and truth can afford to be fair. No true doctrine will lose anything by close investigation. RH 12/20/1892
Re: "We Have No Sin" [Re: asygo] #97364
03/27/08 12:43 PM
03/27/08 12:43 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
God is love is not the same thing as love is God. Love is an active principle in the hearts of those who obey Jesus - but love is not a god. Love is an attribute of God. Perhaps it is more accurate to say - God is loving.

Also, do we agree it was natural for A&E to fear Jesus before they learned of His plan to save and redeem them? To sin, wherever found, our God is a consuming fire.

Re: "We Have No Sin" [Re: Mountain Man] #97394
03/28/08 01:18 AM
03/28/08 01:18 AM
asygo  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2023

5500+ Member
California, USA
 Originally Posted By: Mountain Man
God is love is not the same thing as love is God. Love is an active principle in the hearts of those who obey Jesus - but love is not a god. Love is an attribute of God. Perhaps it is more accurate to say - God is loving.

I think that's just semantics. Bottom line: Know God, know love; no God, no love.

Originally Posted By: Mountain Man
Also, do we agree it was natural for A&E to fear Jesus before they learned of His plan to save and redeem them? To sin, wherever found, our God is a consuming fire.

I agree.

By God's grace,
Arnold

There is no excuse for any one in taking the position that there is no more truth to be revealed, and that all our expositions of Scripture are without an error. The fact that certain doctrines have been held as truth for many years by our people, is not a proof that our ideas are infallible. Age will not make error into truth, and truth can afford to be fair. No true doctrine will lose anything by close investigation. RH 12/20/1892
Re: "We Have No Sin" [Re: Mountain Man] #97405
03/28/08 08:03 PM
03/28/08 08:03 PM
Ted_Farmer  Offline
Banned Member (MSDAOL)
Posting New Member
Planet Earth
Mountain Man typed the following:

"No one can claim to be without sin. All have sinned. No one can claim to have never sinned."

I have NEVER sinned. I'm saying it, I'm typing it, and I'm telling you all, I've never sinned.

Now, clearly you are wrong in your statement. You MIGHT have meant that no one PROVE they have not sinned, or something like that, but alas, I can CLEARLY claim to have not sinned, as well I claim to have jumped the grand canyon on a go kart. Oh, and I also can leap tall buildings in a single bound, and bend metal with my teeth, and a whole bunch of other stuff you might not believe, but I promise, I can in fact claim anything I want.

Re: "We Have No Sin" [Re: Ted_Farmer] #97410
03/28/08 10:40 PM
03/28/08 10:40 PM
V
vastergotland  Offline
Active Member 2011
3500+ Member
Sweden
Ted, what was your goal with your last post? And did this post achieve its intended goal?

Galatians 2
21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

It is so hazardous to take here a little and there a little. If you put the right little's together you can make the bible teach anything you wish. //Graham Maxwell
Re: "We Have No Sin" [Re: vastergotland] #97432
03/29/08 01:44 PM
03/29/08 01:44 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Ted, surely you must agree no one can claim, in light of what God said about it, to have never sinned. God said, "All have sinned." To claim otherwise is to say God is a liar. Can I or you "prove" God is not a liar?

Re: "We Have No Sin" [Re: Mountain Man] #97442
03/29/08 04:25 PM
03/29/08 04:25 PM
Ted_Farmer  Offline
Banned Member (MSDAOL)
Posting New Member
Planet Earth
Dear Mountain Man,

Surely you must agree that I've already said (typed, but I said it out loud in my house when typing the previous post) that I have NEVER sinned, not once. I have never, ever, ever sinned, not in light of what anybody, anything, or otherwise might have or have not said. I did NOT call anybody a liar. Re-read my last post and tell me where I SAID (typed, wrote, spoke out loud) that anybody was a liar?????????????

Well, I'll go ahead and fill you in on that one. I didn't. I'm not saying anything other than I've never sinned, not ever, not even now. I can "claim", "say", or otherwise convey any piece of information that I so choose, you see me doing it now don't you. So, I can in fact "claim" (type, write, speak, e-mail, text, scribble, use hyroglyphics, or otherwise convey) to have never sinned.

If god said "all have sinned" those are his words, not mine. My words are as follows (and yes, you may quote me on this)

"I, Ted Farmer, being of sound mind and body, do hereby solemnly swear, before all of you reading this, and with hand upon the holy bible, I have never sinned"

So once again, I've said it, I've claimed it, and PROVEN it to you and all reading this, that I (or anybody else for that matter) can "claim" to have never sinned. That's all I'm saying. I'd appreciate it if you would kindly refrain from "implying" that I'm calling god a liar. I know you didn't directly "say" I'm calling god a liar, but you did infact "imply" that's what I did.

I don't know what you can prove; as far as god being a liar, I made no claim to such a statment (re-read my last post for clarification on this one).

Happy Sabbath!

Re: "We Have No Sin" [Re: Ted_Farmer] #97443
03/29/08 04:30 PM
03/29/08 04:30 PM
Ted_Farmer  Offline
Banned Member (MSDAOL)
Posting New Member
Planet Earth
Dear västergötland,

My goal was to prove that you CAN infact "claim" to be sinless.

"No one can claim to be without sin. All have sinned. No one can claim to have never sinned."

And infact, I have proven my point. My point was NOT a lot of other things. My ONLY point was to show you CAN "claim" to have not sinned (as well as anything else, it's easy try it at home with family and friends, it makes a great game for children too).

Yes, it did achieve it's goal, thanks for asking.

Happy Sabbath!

Re: "We Have No Sin" [Re: Ted_Farmer] #97467
03/30/08 12:18 AM
03/30/08 12:18 AM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Seems like a rather trivial point to make. Obviously the poster meant that one cannot validly claim to be without sin. The word "claim" has an implicit assumption of validity built into it, so it seems to me the poster wasn't really off in what he wrote. At any rate, it was clear what his intent was.

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Re: "We Have No Sin" [Re: Tom] #97469
03/30/08 12:45 AM
03/30/08 12:45 AM
Ted_Farmer  Offline
Banned Member (MSDAOL)
Posting New Member
Planet Earth
Dear Mr. Ewall,

Thanks for trivializing my point, and marginalizing me as a person. And yes, it may seem to YOU to be trivial, but alas, you are taking that "assumption", where I took the literal meaning of the words written. Maybe that is a prime example of how you have come to know the word of the lord?

I clearly did not read any "assumption of validity" into the words written. I was trying to take Mountain Man at his word, not trying to "read" into them, or make them right for my point of view.

Words only have the meaning that we give them.

To me it's obvious that your response was rather pompus, but then I should think everybody would know that via the words you wrote. Is that something I should point out, or let people read your words on their own? It's kind of like the bible. We all read into it what we want to.

Page 3 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 12

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/27/24 09:35 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Kevin H. 03/24/24 09:02 PM
The Story of David and Goliath
by ProdigalOne. 03/23/24 08:06 PM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 03/22/24 10:17 AM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by kland. 03/21/24 12:34 PM
The Value of Bible Types
by TruthinTypes. 03/17/24 06:22 PM
Orion Which Every One on the Globe Can See
by Rick H. 03/16/24 06:26 PM
'Prophet' Summons UFOs
by ProdigalOne. 03/16/24 02:19 AM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by dedication. 03/11/24 06:31 PM
Get That Razor Wire Up!
by kland. 03/05/24 12:49 PM
Messages for This Time
by ProdigalOne. 03/04/24 05:54 AM
The Lake of Fire is Hell
by Rick H. 03/02/24 05:01 PM
Adventist Agriculture
by kland. 02/29/24 12:33 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by Rick H. 03/27/24 10:36 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:50 PM
Time Is Short!
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:45 PM
Climate Change and the Sunday Law
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:42 PM
WHAT IS THE VERY END-TIME PROPHECY?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 06:03 PM
Digital Identity Control
by Rick H. 03/23/24 02:08 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 01:59 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by ProdigalOne. 03/16/24 08:38 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by Rick H. 03/16/24 06:30 PM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by Kevin H. 03/12/24 09:20 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Daryl. 03/04/24 06:14 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!