HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,594
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 13
kland 9
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
ProdigalOne
ProdigalOne
Alberta, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
5 registered members (dedication, ProdigalOne, TruthinTypes, 2 invisible), 2,956 guests, and 12 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: work for the church [Re: Mountain Man] #98907
04/30/08 06:48 PM
04/30/08 06:48 PM
F
fun2believe  Offline
California, USA
Why do you think that? Is it because I see sin rather matter of factly? Becasue I do. If you know it's wrong to do something, and you do it anyway, you've sinned. And that's wrong, on many levels. Even if you ask for help from God, and you continue to do whatever it is, you've sinned, and that's not the way to heaven.

I think it's wrong for people to just ask for forgiveness, and yet do NOTHING about what's wrong. I don't think God wants us to just "say" we are doing something about our sinful ways, He expects us to do better than that. If it was just words and thoughts that mattered, this would be a very different situation. We must make physical changes in our lives, stop doing things that we KNOW are wrong, stop hurting the One who can help us the most.

I guess I'm a little upset that so many good people try to be a better person by "saying" they are changing their sinful ways, and yet not really seeing the big picture. I think God has an expectation that we be better than that, to really make a change, not just talk about it,or feel bad about our actions. There are physical consequences for those who sin against God, so we must make physical changes to NOT sin.

Sorry if I'm a little hot under the collar today, or if I come across that way. I don't mean to be, and I'm doing something about it. I know this is a sin for me, and now I'm doing something about it. It's a way to vent, to find the real problem, and make a change. You see? I'm taking care of me, I've asked for Gods help, and He has given me the power to be a better person. I don't want to sin, I work with the Lord to live as He has instructed us to, and I'm getting better already.

Re: work for the church [Re: fun2believe] #98909
04/30/08 07:00 PM
04/30/08 07:00 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
F2B: You see? I'm taking care of me, I've asked for Gods help, and He has given me the power to be a better person. I don't want to sin, I work with the Lord to live as He has instructed us to, and I'm getting better already.

MM: Amen. But how do you define sin and righteousness? Why did Jesus have to live and die? How do you define the great controversy motif? What is God trying to accomplish with the plan of salvation?

Re: work for the church [Re: Mountain Man] #98913
04/30/08 08:14 PM
04/30/08 08:14 PM
F
fun2believe  Offline
California, USA
Sin= breaking Gods laws\
Righteousness= being under God's umbrella

Jesus had to live and die to save our souls.

God's plan for salvation is to save as many souls as are willing to repent, and take Him as our Lord, and no other.

Re: work for the church [Re: fun2believe] #98922
04/30/08 09:42 PM
04/30/08 09:42 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
F2B, do you have inspired references to support what you just posted? Where does it say sin is breaking God's laws? Where does it say righteousness is being under God's umbrella? Where does it say Jesus had to live and die to save our souls? Where does it say the plan of salvation envisions Jesus saving penitent sinners who worship none other than God? And, what about the great controversy motif? How do you define it? What are your inspired references?

Re: work for the church [Re: Mountain Man] #98926
04/30/08 09:52 PM
04/30/08 09:52 PM
F
fun2believe  Offline
California, USA
Sorry, don't have any. I guess I'm wrong because I can't point to a book and show you where others have said this or that. I think then you could make the argument that Jesus was wrong too? Did he point to books and show people where these ideas came from? I know you want me to point it out, underline these ideas on paper, but I won't. If I have to show you in a book to get to heaven, then I guess I'm not going. The above items are pretty clear as they are. I think most anybody would agree that to break the law of God is sinning.

I don't have "inspired references" and I don't think I need to have any. I think there's more to knowing God's character than ONLY reading it in a book. How do others who will be saved, but have NEVER seena bible, or anything by SOP? Is it from knowing the character of God? Or will they not be saved, just because they can't quote some text?

I'm pretty sure that you could easily provide all the exact pages and phrases for the questions you've asked above. And if you need those pages and phrases, by all means, use them. But currently you are making me feel bad just because I can't point them out in a book. I don't think I'm wrong for loving God, and that's my inspiration.

Re: work for the church [Re: fun2believe] #98940
05/01/08 07:09 PM
05/01/08 07:09 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
F2B: But currently you are making me feel bad just because I can't point them out in a book. I don't think I'm wrong for loving God, and that's my inspiration.

MM: Feel bad if you need to, but the fact is you don't want to prove what you believe from the Bible or the SOP. Why not?

Jesus never said "go with your gut feeling". Instead, He said something entirely different. If you take the time to read what He said about it, you wouldn't be so unwilling to base your beliefs on a "thus saith the Lord". At least, I hope so.

PS - Yes, there will be people in heaven who never heard of the Bible or the SOP. But this doesn't apply to you, does it? You are fully aware of both, as such God holds you accountable to know it and to show it. Otherwise, the following applies to you - "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee."

Re: work for the church [Re: Mountain Man] #98950
05/01/08 08:17 PM
05/01/08 08:17 PM
L
lindax  Offline
Posting New Member
Cwmbran, South Wales
hello friends yes i believe that we must strive to get the same character that our dear Lord has and yes its possible.we will strive and strive till the day of the Lord has arrived its a continual thing,but we will get there,but on our way there let us tell the strangers and family about our love for the Lord and what he has done for me and you.when we look in the mirror and truely see ourselves for what we really are it must make us wonder how Jesus really do love us.but thats the love he has for us and its the love that we must have and give to all others no matter what.do you know what i was brought up a sda but it was not until this january that i really found truth and love in God,why because i wanted to do what i wanted.and i was bad really bad.ive broken everything in the law in facti believed i was has bad has satan himself.then for some reason this january something happened to me in bed one night,i broke down and i really mean broke down.i could not stop crying for ages.and i prayed for help.from that night my life is one for Christ and all sinners who i talk to.i feel free really free.i do not even think about my past,its like Jesus said i love you and forgive you all your iniquities,work for me.and thats what i am going to do.so look to that other person who is without Jesus and tell them do not feel afraid.let us praise the lord all the time,in fact since that night thats all i do everytime i awake or walk the streets i pray and talk to Christ.thanks for your time .

Re: work for the church [Re: lindax] #98981
05/02/08 05:26 PM
05/02/08 05:26 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Lindax, that you so much for sharing your testimony. It makes my heart sing to know you are living for Jesus with all your heart, mind, body, and soul. Congratulations.

Re: work for the church [Re: fun2believe] #99004
05/03/08 08:34 AM
05/03/08 08:34 AM
C
crater  Offline
Veteran Member
United States
 Originally Posted By: fun2believe
Sorry, don't have any. I guess I'm wrong because I can't point to a book and show you where others have said this or that. I think then you could make the argument that Jesus was wrong too? Did he point to books and show people where these ideas came from?

I do believe that Jesus did point to "books" (the Old Testement Scriptures)

Luke 24:27
And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.

2 Timothy 2:15
Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Re: work for the church [Re: crater] #99005
05/03/08 08:55 AM
05/03/08 08:55 AM
C
crater  Offline
Veteran Member
United States
fun2believe, A few more things regarding your comment, "I think then you could make the argument that Jesus was wrong too? Did he point to books and show people where these ideas came from?"

From my study, I find your comment to be in error or perhaps you are just asking a question? or I am not understanding it correctly.

Do you not agree that Jesus is our example? Should we not follow his example, and be able to give a simple thus saith the word of God?

Remember that when Jesus was in the wilderness tempted by satan, Jesus answer was, it is written.

The subject of Christ's teaching and preaching was the Word of God. He met questioners with a plain "It is written." "What saith the Scriptures?"

Quote:
To Be Like Jesus (2004) [Gender Neutral - See FOREWORD], page 123, paragraph 3
Chapter Title: Chapter 4 - Exploring God's Word

The subject of Christ's teaching and preaching was the Word of God. He met questioners with a plain "It is written." "What saith the Scriptures?" "How readest thou?" At every opportunity, when an interest was awakened by either friend or foe, He sowed the seed of the Word. He who is the Way, the Truth, and the Life, Himself the living Word, points to the Scriptures, saying, "They are they which testify of me" (John 5:39). And "beginning at Moses and all the prophets," He opened to His disciples "in all the scriptures the things concerning himself" (Luke 24:27).

Hits List

Quote:
The Review and Herald, March 31, 1903, paragraph 3
Article Title: "Search the Scriptures"Mrs. E. G. White

"O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken," Christ said; "ought not Christ to have suffered these things, and to enter into his glory? And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the Scriptures the things concerning himself." He reproved them for not being more familiar with these scriptures. Had they known them better, their faith would have been sustained, their hopes unshaken; for prophecy plainly stated the treatment that Christ would receive from those he came to save.

Quote:
The Signs of the Times , December 3, 1894, paragraph 6
Article Title: God's Word Our Assurance.-By Mrs. E. G. White.-

Christ opens the mind to comprehend the meaning of the sacred word, and the Holy Spirit conveys its true significance to the soul, which before had not been seen or appreciated. The searcher for truth feels as did the disciples when Christ overtook them on their journey to Emmaus. They told him their pitiful story, and he reproved them for their unbelief and slowness of heart. "And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the Scriptures the things concerning himself." When their eyes were opened, and they realized that it was Christ himself who had been talking with them, they said one to another, "Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the Scriptures?"

Quote:
The Acts of the Apostles (1911), page 221, paragraph 2
Chapter Title: Thessalonica

In preaching to the Thessalonians, Paul appealed to the Old Testament prophecies concerning the Messiah. Christ in His ministry had opened the minds of His disciples to these prophecies; "beginning at Moses and all the prophets, He expounded unto them in all the Scriptures the things concerning Himself." Luke 24:27. Peter in preaching Christ had produced his evidence from the Old Testament. Stephen had pursued the same course. And Paul also in his ministry appealed to the scriptures foretelling the birth, sufferings,

death, resurrection, and ascension of Christ. By the inspired testimony of Moses and the prophets he clearly proved the identity of Jesus of Nazareth with the Messiah and showed that from the days of Adam it was the voice of Christ which had been speaking through patriarchs and prophets.

Quote:
Redemption: or the Resurrection of Christ; and His Ascension (1877), page 36, paragraph 1
Chapter Title: NOTE TO THE READER

Jesus now expounded the Scriptures to the entire company, commencing with the first book of Moses, and dwelling particularly on the prophecy pointing to the time then present, and foretelling the sufferings of Christ and his resurrection. "And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the Psalms, concerning me. Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the Scriptures. And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behooved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day; and that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. And ye are witnesses of these things."

Last edited by crater; 05/03/08 08:56 AM.
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Israel/Hamas Support and the Image of the Beast
by ProdigalOne. 04/23/24 11:21 AM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 04/01/24 08:10 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/31/24 06:44 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 04/24/24 02:15 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!