HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,594
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 13
kland 9
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
5 registered members (dedication, ProdigalOne, TruthinTypes, 2 invisible), 2,798 guests, and 12 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
How God protects and keeps us from harm. #97424
03/29/08 12:51 PM
03/29/08 12:51 PM
Rick H  Offline OP
Group: Admin Team
3000+ Member
Florida, USA
How God protects and keeps us from harm.

With all the news each day of devastating tornados, earthquakes, tsunamis, floods and fires hitting the news it seems that there are many things that are happening which can quickly destroy our homes or threathen our safety, and we know these events will become more prevalent and more devastating as we come closer to the last days before Christ comes. But we must be confident and put our trust and lives in God who protects and keeps us from harm.

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2008/feb/06/brush-fire-affecting-visibilty-i-75-collier/

We have been hit hard in florida with severe drought and now fires, and since we are in the forest I prepared and dug fire breaks at the fences, cleared brush, set up irrigation and plans for turning on sprinklers and moving the animals to safety, etc.. But when it came it negated or went around all I had done.

One afternoon, my neighbors called my wife and told her the forest was in flames, and she called me to say a fire was sweeping to our farm and they were fighting it with whatever they could get their hands on. I left work and got there and the first thing, I prayed with her for God's protection and quickly set up the sprinklers and sprayed the roofs as the firefighters arrived and set up a perimeter. But it was so intense that it would was throwing huge flames and cinders around and behind them so all they could do was retreat. The electric company shut off the electricity so the firefighters wouldnt be hit by sagging wires as they came under the affects of the flames, so all my irrigation pumps and sprinklers were useless. They tried to hold the flames and heat away from the house but finally it became too intense and they had to pull back to the main road and the fire surged and my house disappeared behind the smoke. They went to my neighbors house to set up a new perimeter, but the fire went across the road leading to their house and cut them off from the main road. It was looking very dire, when heavy eguipment from forestry arrived, bulldozing through the woods and reached the firefighters and cut a fire line in front of the entrance to my neighbors house and saved it.

I went to mine and throught the smoke could see my house was still standing. The firefighters fought the fire and finally at dusk the winds died down and they let us back to our house. We could not sleep with all the infeno blazing all around but near midnight went inside to rest. My wife was awakened in the middle of the night and looked to see a bright glow in the back yard, half asleep she went to the back and openned the door to see all our bushes in flames almost reaching the roof. She woke me up and called the firefighters back, as I ran to keep it from igniting the roof......

The firefighters reach us in time and the next day the neighbors came and saw that not one bit of the house or garage, goat houses, barn had even a burn mark or had been singed and even though they dont all believe in God, they gave witness to his power........God is to be praised...

Psalm 41:2
The LORD will protect him and preserve his life; he will bless him in the land and not surrender him to the desire of his foes.

I show everyone the extent the fire reached coming to the house so they can see Gods hand, one side of the goat pen has the plants and tree's completely burnt, the other side inside the fence of the pen, even if the same plant, is untouched. The straw under the goat houses never ignited, and the fire comes all the way to the front gates and stops, and to the rear where I fought it but I know something awoke my wife before it ignited the roof with its flames and endangering us so I would see the power of God protecting us, not just the firefighters and the forestry divisions hard work.

Last edited by Richard; 03/29/08 12:54 PM.
Re: How God protects and keeps us from harm. [Re: Rick H] #99793
06/04/08 03:18 PM
06/04/08 03:18 PM
Rick H  Offline OP
3000+ Member
Florida, USA
Here is the latest 800 acre fire that swept through our neighborhood, but again God kept the members from harm even as the fire swept up to their front lawns and around them......

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2008/jun/01/golden-gate-estates-fire-contained/

Re: How God protects and keeps us from harm. [Re: Rick H] #99802
06/04/08 09:44 PM
06/04/08 09:44 PM
Rick H  Offline OP
3000+ Member
Florida, USA
We called all the church members that were close to it and let them know as it was a fast moving fire and turned into a inferno within a short time, and one member in the middle of the fire which we couldnt get a hold off, had a broken leg so we were very worried. It cut off his street and burned the house behind him in the next street but he was able to get out quickly and was safe. We were very happy to see him when he showed up at church on Saturday morning.....

Last edited by Richard; 06/04/08 09:51 PM.
Re: How God protects and keeps us from harm. [Re: Rick H] #99806
06/05/08 03:00 AM
06/05/08 03:00 AM
V
vastergotland  Offline
Active Member 2011
3500+ Member
Sweden
What help have you and your church extended to those of your neighbours who have had their houses damaged or destroyed by this fire? This is an opportunity for you to be the body of Christ for these people.

Galatians 2
21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

It is so hazardous to take here a little and there a little. If you put the right little's together you can make the bible teach anything you wish. //Graham Maxwell
Re: How God protects and keeps us from harm. [Re: Rick H] #99807
06/05/08 04:52 AM
06/05/08 04:52 AM
C
crater  Offline
Veteran Member
United States
800 acres and 3 homes burned

Wow, this just happened and the blaze wasn't 100 percent contained until on Sunday.

Thank God for the protection you received.

Did some of your land burn again this time?

I suppose it is still smokey or at least the smell of smoke still clings to the air.

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Israel/Hamas Support and the Image of the Beast
by ProdigalOne. 04/23/24 11:21 AM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 04/01/24 08:10 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/31/24 06:44 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 04/24/24 02:15 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!