HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,194
Posts195,567
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 16
kland 12
Daryl 3
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
2 registered members (2 invisible), 3,139 guests, and 17 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Sunday Law Enacted In Panama! [Re: The Wanderer] #192351
04/26/20 04:37 AM
04/26/20 04:37 AM
ProdigalOne  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2024
Supporting Member 2023

Dedicated Member
Alberta, Canada
Originally Posted by The Wanderer
Originally Posted by ProdigalOne

I am confident that you did not watch the video that I posted. If you had, you would have seen that it contained a video of Prime Minister Andrew Holness outlining his plan for the removal of weekday lockdown restrictions in favour of a one day a week lockdown on every Sunday!
It is also interesting to note that Prime Minister Andrew Holness video address was given in April 2020! I notice that your posted link rebuttal is dated November 2014, almost six years ago. You really should do more research, before calling men of God "crackpots"...

"These men of God" as you call them are full of hot air when they say the kind of religious incantations and insults to God and His church that they are parroting from Satan, their filthy "message." in this video.

Again, the crack pot doctrines and accusers come out.

Even in this article, posted just the other day, that does talk about Sunday-related legislation, where the Jamaican Trade Unions are pushing it, there is nothing about "Sunday Laws!!" In fact those unions have been pushing for this for 20 years!

He said the Labour Contract Act also provides for a full day of rest, preferably Sunday and that the Protection Employment Act ?states in part that there is no misconduct if one?s absence on Saturday or Sunday is for relious worship Fear-Mongers purporting to be Adventists use articles like this to try and say something thats not true.

I highly doubt, going by your posts here that you have the faintest idea on what "the sunday question" even is. As long as we blindly accept this kind of crack-pot theology we will suffer under their feigned concern for "truth" just like anyone who is a slave would suffer.

I am not certain exactly whom you are referring to as "them" and "they"? The video I have posted is by one man. And, "incantations"?
I am afraid, you have completely lost me? Again, I will point out that my source for enforced Sunday lockdown is the Seventh Day Adventist
Prime Minister of Jamaica, himself, publicly on camera announcing his plan in April 2020. Your links to past legislation are irrelevant.

Your attempt to derail the discussion by questioning my knowledge and manipulating me into a lengthy explanation of "the Sunday question"
reeks of the Jesuitical strategy of divert and tire. You have only succeeded in revealing yourself. Furthermore, your rapid decent into ad hominem attacks is a sure symptom of no cogent argument. Since, you have nothing reasonable to contribute, and you are reacting with personal animosity
and anger, I will no longer be responding to your posts. That is not why I am here.

What I believe to be true has been placed before you. Accept it or not as you see fit.
Please, let us all try to remember that this is a Christian site and conduct ourselves accordingly.

"...I will not forget you.
Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands..."

Isaiah 49:15-16
Re: Sunday Law Enacted In Panama! [Re: ProdigalOne] #192353
04/26/20 11:37 AM
04/26/20 11:37 AM
T
The Wanderer  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2022

Central Alberta
Originally Posted by ProdigalOne
Originally Posted by Wanderer

"These men of God" as you call them are full of hot air when they say the kind of religious incantations and insults to God and His church that they are parroting from Satan, their filthy "message." in this video.

Again, the crack pot doctrines and accusers come out.

Even in this article, posted just the other day, that does talk about Sunday-related legislation, where the Jamaican Trade Unions are pushing it, there is nothing about "Sunday Laws!!" In fact those unions have been pushing for this for 20 years!

He said the Labour Contract Act also provides for a full day of rest, preferably Sunday and that the Protection Employment Act ?states in part that there is no misconduct if one?s absence on Saturday or Sunday is for relious worship Fear-Mongers purporting to be Adventists use articles like this to try and say something thats not true.

I highly doubt, going by your posts here that you have the faintest idea on what "the sunday question" even is. As long as we blindly accept this kind of crack-pot theology we will suffer under their feigned concern for "truth" just like anyone who is a slave would suffer.

I am not certain exactly whom you are referring to as "them" and "they"? The video I have posted is by one man. And, "incantations"?
I am afraid, you have completely lost me? Again, I will point out that my source for enforced Sunday lockdown is the Seventh Day Adventist
Prime Minister of Jamaica, himself, publicly on camera announcing his plan in April 2020. Your links to past legislation are irrelevant.

Your attempt to derail the discussion by questioning my knowledge and manipulating me into a lengthy explanation of "the Sunday question"
reeks of the Jesuitical strategy of divert and tire. You have only succeeded in revealing yourself. Furthermore, your rapid decent into ad hominem attacks is a sure symptom of no cogent argument. Since, you have nothing reasonable to contribute, and you are reacting with personal animosity
and anger, I will no longer be responding to your posts. That is not why I am here.

What I believe to be true has been placed before you. Accept it or not as you see fit.
Please, let us all try to remember that this is a Christian site and conduct ourselves accordingly.

I have explained very well above who I am talking about. Its your choice to make it personal and accuse me of not being Christian, or any of the other things in your list.. I really dont care what you think. IF this is a Christian site, then it needs a lot of cleaning up. Posting false claims about "Sunday" is simply turning this site into a religious zoo. And embellishing your so called "Christian response" to me by calling me "Jesuit" puts you right square where you claim me to be. It says more about you than me. IF you are sporting truth here, you would not do this to others who question or criticize.

"The worst foes of my spiritual life have never been hostile circumstance."

"There is always a little bit of light" (Micah 7:8)
https://www.lightintheclouds.net/word

Sincerely, IN Christ; and THROUGH The Spirit

- The Wanderer
Re: Sunday Law Enacted In Panama! [Re: ProdigalOne] #192354
04/27/20 03:55 AM
04/27/20 03:55 AM
dedication  Offline
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Please, let's communicate in a kinder manner.

No one thinks the FINAL Sunday law has been passed, the discussions concern a shift that the Covid-19 situation has created which is creating a favorable desire for Sunday legislation.

How do you think Sunday will become a universal day of rest? Remember, "silently it is growing" in little steps, disguised as a good for family, good for climate and environment, good for avoiding disease" etc. etc.
How else do you think a world where the majority aren't Sunday keepers would accept Sunday being THE day of rest? How will the United States and the Catholic Church impose the holiness of Sunday on billions of devout Muslims, Hindus, Jews, Pagans, as well as on Communists and atheists?

A Plan -- First comes a more secular "gathering" the people into Sunday in little steps. Getting them to "appreciate" Sunday for whatever reason. (good for family, good for climate and environment, good for avoiding disease" etc. etc. ) BUILD IT ON CRISES.
Soon something will cause the noose to tighten -- and yes it will become a religious issue. That hasn't happened yet (though we hear more people pushing for it) .

ANY type of Sunday law is a step against our freedom. The only safe and consistent position in relation to Sunday laws is uncompromising opposition to every form of Sunday law that may be invented. Adventist pioneers stood up against renewing of "blue laws".

And yes, even though "temporary" and "local" both Quebec and Jamaica have stepped back over into a "type of Sunday law" arbitrarily legislating that all (except a couple essential) stores close EVERY SUNDAY for the duration of Covid-19 and people can rest.

Quoting FORMER "days of operation" for stores and businesses, documents only adds emphases that THINGS have changed.

To say it's all "crack pot" is like telling a person who mentions in March that it's getting warmer and summer is coming, that they are all wrong because summer hasn't come yet. They know summer hasn't come yet -- BUT they see conditions are ripening, snow is melting and summer will soon come.

Re: Sunday Law Enacted In Panama! [Re: ProdigalOne] #193346
12/12/20 09:24 AM
12/12/20 09:24 AM
Rick H  Offline
Group: Admin Team
3000+ Member
Florida, USA
Originally Posted by dedication
Please, let's communicate in a kinder manner.

No one thinks the FINAL Sunday law has been passed, the discussions concern a shift that the Covid-19 situation has created which is creating a favorable desire for Sunday legislation.

How do you think Sunday will become a universal day of rest? Remember, "silently it is growing" in little steps, disguised as a good for family, good for climate and environment, good for avoiding disease" etc. etc.
How else do you think a world where the majority aren't Sunday keepers would accept Sunday being THE day of rest? How will the United States and the Catholic Church impose the holiness of Sunday on billions of devout Muslims, Hindus, Jews, Pagans, as well as on Communists and atheists?

A Plan -- First comes a more secular "gathering" the people into Sunday in little steps. Getting them to "appreciate" Sunday for whatever reason. (good for family, good for climate and environment, good for avoiding disease" etc. etc. ) BUILD IT ON CRISES.
Soon something will cause the noose to tighten -- and yes it will become a religious issue. That hasn't happened yet (though we hear more people pushing for it) .

ANY type of Sunday law is a step against our freedom. The only safe and consistent position in relation to Sunday laws is uncompromising opposition to every form of Sunday law that may be invented. Adventist pioneers stood up against renewing of "blue laws".

And yes, even though "temporary" and "local" both Quebec and Jamaica have stepped back over into a "type of Sunday law" arbitrarily legislating that all (except a couple essential) stores close EVERY SUNDAY for the duration of Covid-19 and people can rest.

Quoting FORMER "days of operation" for stores and businesses, documents only adds emphases that THINGS have changed.

To say it's all "crack pot" is like telling a person who mentions in March that it's getting warmer and summer is coming, that they are all wrong because summer hasn't come yet. They know summer hasn't come yet -- BUT they see conditions are ripening, snow is melting and summer will soon come.
We are seeing everything being prepared for it, its clearly being put together by a alliance of forces including those supporting a lesser 'carbon footprint, and 'social justice' and advancement of issues such as LBTQ, etc...

Last edited by Rick H; 12/12/20 09:25 AM.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderator  dedication 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by Rick H. 04/14/24 08:00 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:07 AM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 04/01/24 08:10 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 03/31/24 06:44 PM
Easter Sunday, Transgender Day of Visibility?
by dedication. 03/31/24 01:34 PM
The Story of David and Goliath
by TruthinTypes. 03/30/24 12:02 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Kevin H. 03/24/24 09:02 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by ProdigalOne. 04/15/24 09:43 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:31 AM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Climate Change and the Sunday Law
by Rick H. 03/24/24 06:42 PM
WHAT IS THE VERY END-TIME PROPHECY?
by Rick H. 03/23/24 06:03 PM
Digital Identity Control
by Rick H. 03/23/24 02:08 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!