I just read dedication's Zechariah's eight visions. May I strongly recommend them for your study. I don't want to interrupt his thread, but I had commented on Zechariah and Revelation, especially Revelation 1:7. I also mentioned that the Anchor Bible commentary on Haggai and the first part of Zechariah were written by two who I have come to appreciate and respect over the years, Eric and Carol Meyers.

This made me also want to comment on what I have found useful in helping to study the book of Revelation. I did not want to interrupt the study of Zechariah by sharing these there:

1. Have an Adventist background to the book of Revelation. I strongly recommend Maxwell's "God Cares, Volume 2"

2. George MacCready Price "The Time of the End" probably the best Adventist commentary on Revelation. https://www.amazon.com/Time-End-George-McCready-Price/dp/B093RTJP1B

3. Get a copy of the "Last Day Events Seminar" from the 1976 Southern New England Campmeeting. I know this is hard to get, but there are recordings floating around.

4. Dr. Richard Nies Eschatology. http://www.pineknoll.org/audio-resources?media_group=RNESCHATOLOGY&show_dropdown=0 This is easier to get than the campmeeting recordings listed above. Dr. Nies has some similar views and goes into more detail, but he also makes some mistakes from tradition that the SNE campmeeting tapes correct: one example is in Revelation it talks about about the plagues falling in a day and in an hour. Dr. Nies ends up saying that he understands this as being that Satan wants a year for the plagues, but God only limits him to two weeks. The SNE campmeeting tapes points out that this is just a common idem of the time that Revelation was written to simply mean "A short time" no more and no less.

5. Sigve Tonstad's commentary on Revelation (Paideia: Commentaries on the New Testament)

6 and 7. While the above resources are all from a Seventh-day Adventist perspective, there are two more that have impressed me, both by a Lutheran: Craig R. Koester They are the Anchor Bible Commentary on Revelation, the other is a lecture program he gave on The Great Courses by the Learning Company: https://www.wondrium.com/the-apocalypse-controversies-and-meaning-in-western-history They have their courses go on sale at different times of the year, otherwise they have outrages prices. Look for the sale prices where it is only something like $69.00 or less. (By the way his Reading Biblical Literature: Genesis to Revelation are also worth your time.)

Now, another non-Adventist scholar, Craig Keener, I listened to a series he has on Revelation. They are not bad but not nearly as good as the above. But one point he made is outstanding and had very much captivated me. What he said about being lukewarm and how God wishes we were either hot or cold. I had understood this to mean, and I've heard sermons with the same misunderstanding, to think that God wants us to either be hot, on fire for Him, or to be cold, not interested and to just do our own thing. Keener points out that the context of this passage is water. Hot water, either in drinks such as teas (he included coffee) or hot baths help us to relax after working hard, or gives us a break from work, or prepares us in the morning to get ready to work. Cold water, again as in baths and cold drinks, a cup of cold water, helps us invigorate us to carry on the work and to deal with the heat of the day. Thus Keener argues and convinced me that what God is calling to the church of Laodicea to not be lukewarm, blah, to use the gifts that God gave us to either help others get their well deserved rest and prepare for the next tasks, or to help to bear the burdens of the day. Let God use us to be like a hot bath with a hot drink at the end of a day, or a hot drink at the start of the day, or a coffee break during the day, or be like a invigorating cold drink, or cold damp cloth or cold shower/bath to give the strength for the job.