HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,651
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 17
kland 6
Daryl 2
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
Rick H
Rick H
Florida, USA
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
4 registered members (dedication, Kevin H, Karen Y, 1 invisible), 2,812 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Week of Prayer #20195
11/04/03 05:53 PM
11/04/03 05:53 PM
A
Andrew Marttinen  Offline OP
Pastor
Dedicated Member
Carleton Place, Ontario, Canad...
I'm not sure if there is a thread with this topic somewhere else on the forum, but I would like to let everyone know that Week of Prayer has been great here so far. The topic of "Grace" is excellent.

We have three venues in my church district where people are meeting each night in homes. I "float" from one place to another. Sometimes it takes an hour of driving to get to the homes.

It was quite a blessing for one of my churches to have Week of Prayer last year. The other church was involved with "Ignite Canada."

How are the week of prayers going in other churches? Picked up any new insights on "Grace?"

Re: Week of Prayer #20196
11/04/03 06:34 PM
11/04/03 06:34 PM
Daryl  Offline

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
We used to have Week of Prayer and was also blessed by it, however, for some reason that I can't even recall, we slipped away from holding the annual Week of Prayer in our church. [Frown]

I think we will need to talk about that at our regular November Church Board Meeting.

Re: Week of Prayer #20197
11/06/03 01:26 PM
11/06/03 01:26 PM
Ikan  Offline
Very Dedicated Member
Plowing
What I wouldn't give to have actually experienced a real, genuine Week of Prayer! Now that we are so isolated from church, we are stumped as to why so many take so lightly this point from Early Writings:

"Some, I saw, did not participate in this work of agonizing and pleading. They seemed indifferent and careless. They were not resisting the darkness around them, and it shut them in like a thick cloud. The angels of God left them, and went to the aid of those earnest, praying ones. I saw the angels of God hasten to the assistance of all those who were struggling with all their energies to resist those evil angels, and trying to help themselves by calling upon God with perseverance. But the angels left those who made no effort to help themselves, and I lost sight of them."

Re: Week of Prayer #20198
11/07/03 04:11 AM
11/07/03 04:11 AM
Will  Offline
Most Dedicated Member
BC, Canada
We are having one and it is a blessing to know that just being alive today is by the grace of God, and everyday we face tests and trials, but by the grace of God he delivers us from evil.
My prayers are with all of us and all the families facing calamities. Everything we see here is temporary, and there will soon be a day when God will wipe away every tear.

quote:

Psalms 91
1 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
2 I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.
3 Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence.
4 He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.
5 Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day;
6 Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday.
7 A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.
8 Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.

God Bless,
Will

Re: Week of Prayer #20199
11/07/03 03:46 AM
11/07/03 03:46 AM
Daryl  Offline

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
Even though the main focus of our church has been on prayer lately, we missed doing the week of prayer.

Even though it is too late to do it at the prescribed time, I am going to propose that our church does the week of prayer at a later date.

Re: Week of Prayer #20200
11/07/03 04:20 AM
11/07/03 04:20 AM
A
Andrew Marttinen  Offline OP
Pastor
Dedicated Member
Carleton Place, Ontario, Canad...
I am happy that you're thinking about it, Daryl. I will ask in the next ministerial district meeting if any of the churches in my area of Ontario actually kept the Week of Prayer this year.

I've received lots of promotional material about the day of prayer in January, the Women's day of prayer, small groups, cell groups, sprout conferences, etc., when we've always had one of the greatest season of revival times in our church for years--the Week of Prayer. On the 8th it will culminate in the Week of Sacrifice offering. One of my elders wanted to know if many of today's church members know that week of sacrifice means that we give a week's wages to the "storehouse." Here again, we have an age-old sterwardship program that has been on our church calendar for decades...

We had another good evening in Chatham. One lady who is 88 said that if there was any time in history that our churches need to pray for one another, it is now.

Moderator  Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/28/24 02:32 PM
Meaning of Lazarus and the Rich Man
by dedication. 05/27/24 10:56 PM
What is the Biblical Reckoning of a Day?
by dedication. 05/27/24 01:26 AM
Soul and Body sleep
by Rick H. 05/25/24 09:15 AM
The Flood
by Rick H. 05/25/24 09:12 AM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/21/24 02:04 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by dedication. 05/29/24 01:05 AM
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by dedication. 05/28/24 12:05 AM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!