HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,186
Posts195,505
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 21
kland 17
Daryl 4
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
8 registered members (Kevin H, TruthinTypes, Wendell Slattery, Daryl, ProdigalOne, TheophilusOne, 2 invisible), 3,078 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
The Search For Truth
03/17/24 09:22 PM
Through the years I have enjoyed studying the Bible through the lens of types. I had a few years of experience with Adventism in my youth, but then went out of the church until my early forties. When I came back I knew I needed to study the Bible, but struggled to understand what I was reading. I would force myself to read, but frankly, as it did not make much sense to me, I did not enjoy it. I had been praying that God would help me to understand and to enjoy my reading but to no avail. I read book after book about how to read the Bible and to get something out of it. They all left me with a feeling of duty; that I had to read it or I could not go on as a Christian. So I would trudge along through a passage or chapter because I knew I had to. This went on for a year or so, until I was about ready to give it up.

At the same time, I was also struggling with my many defects of character and wrong habits in my life. I experienced the same results as with my Bible study, that is, major frustration. It was the same thing. I read countless books on how to ?overcome? my evil habits and destructive behaviors. Five days of this and I could have the Spirit, or ten days of fasting and I would experience incredible clarity, or forty days of intentional prayer and victory was mine. My conclusion at that time was that those books might work for someone else, but they did nothing for me. I can honestly say that it was not for any lack of effort on my part.

Then came the counsel from well-meaning friends that ?of course you can?t do it in your own strength, you just need to let go and let God.? Welcome to the next phase of an exercise in frustration.

I had developed a habit of hiking early on in my religious experience. I would get up at 4:20 each morning and read all that I could stand, and then go hike for miles, all the while letting the Lord know how much I did not get from my reading from the Scripture, and pleading with Him to help me to understand. It was during those hikes that He then began to teach me in the form of types. I of course had no idea what a type was back then, but just the same, I began to see the Bible in a different light. My bible study went from twenty to thirty minutes of forced reading, to an intensely interesting study that often lasted for two plus hours.

That was 24 years ago, and since then the Lord has blessed me with a greater understanding of His Word than I ever thought possible, and has far exceeded my expectations. As I went along I learned to pray most earnestly for the crumbs from off my Master?s table, and then, that He would help me to gather the fragments into the basket, so to speak, so I could then ?hear the conclusion of the whole matter.?

My experience of frustration has become one of true victory in the ongoing battle with my inherited and cultivated defects of character. Three texts became my mainstay: 2 Peter 1:4: ?Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises; that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust;? 2 Corinthians 7:1: ?Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God;? and 2 Corinthians 1:20: For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us.?

Through this experience I have learned just how it is that the Lord works in me to remove my defects, and to come into a right relation with Him: ?Before I was afflicted I went astray; but now have I kept thy word;? ?It is good for me that I have been afflicted; that I might learn thy statutes;? and, ?I know, O Lord, that thy judgments are right, and that thou in faithfulness hast afflicted me.? Psalms 119:67, 71, 75.

My purpose on this forum is to share some of the Bible types that have been helpful to me, in hopes that they may in turn be helpful to others. They have served to ?enlarge my steps under me, that my feet did not slip.? Psalms 18:36.
0 29 more...
Endtime Events
03/16/24 09:26 PM
We shall see what comes through it...
4 285 more...
General Discussion
03/16/24 09:23 PM
Originally Posted by dedication
Gas prices once again took a big jump upward as a new carbon tax law came into effect April 1 in Canada. And no, it's not a joke.

We've heard a lot about Carbon Dioxide levels in the air getting too high and too dangerous and drastic actions need to be taken.

But what is so bad about Carbon Dioxide?

A slight rise is actually good for us as it acts as an inhibitor of oxidation. It appears to be a stabilizer of the iron-transferring complex which prevents the involvement of iron ions in the initiation of free radical reactions.
Free radicals can cause chain reactions that ultimately damage cells.
Carbon Dioxide acts as an antioxidant, An antioxidant is any molecule that can block free radicals from stealing electrons and creating a dangerous imbalance.

The body creates free radicals through the normal processes of metabolism. When the amount of free radicals exceeds the body?s ability to eliminate or neutralize them, an oxidative imbalance results.
An imbalance results in disease and accelerated aging.

Before the flood Carbon Dioxide ratio in the atmosphere was considerably higher than it is now.
And people lived almost a thousand years.
After the flood the atmospheric conditions were changed and people were soon dying much younger.

PLANTS AND ANIMALS

Consider the vast amount of vegetation prior to the flood, needed to produce all the oil and natural gas we find today. Plants were much larger and the abundance of them was enormous. *All the oil, natural gas we now have came from these vast forests buried during the flood.

Then there were the huge dinosaurs that ate these plants. Even the mammals were about twice the size of their relatives today.

It is intriguing to study how plants grow larger and becoming more environmentally efficient as carbon dioxide levels increase.

It appears that before Noah's flood, not only was there a water-vapor canopy and a tropical environment, there was significantly more carbon dioxide levels than what is contained in the earth's atmosphere today?
Was this the reason for the much greater vegetation than we have today. And also the great size of creatures that lived back then? And it also answers the question as to where the large vegetation levels came that have provided the material for the great quantities of fossil fuels we have today.

I was just at the Florida Everglades and they were explaining how it was the source of massive amounts of the oxygen we breath and why we have to preserve them, they also leaned to having them be expanded, but the cost would be prohibitive in my opinion.
6 333 more...
Endtime Events
03/16/24 05:19 AM
This channel hosted by a former Doug Bachelor employee, has much current information on this topic.

https://www.youtube.com/live/QwUGouEqajM?si=g_FwtElWyL8MijcS
8 2,647 more...
Bible Answers
03/15/24 11:53 PM
Originally Posted by kland
I think some implications and assumptions are made here that aren't necessarily so.
"Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"" may be made to mean "are the words of God 'imperfect'".

Two different things, but one could easily assume they're the same.
The Word of God is perfect, the Word of the Bible is perfect, but the "words" in the Bible may or may not be "perfect". And "perfect" is in the eyes of the beholder.

The prepositions, the articles, etc. vary from one version to another. And I'm speaking in terms of English here, as that's all I know. I fear the main assumption with this topic is really based upon the King James English version being the Word of God. Which just ain't so. Which seems to me to be a North American centric English stereotype arrogance denying all other languages.

Just as multiple authors wrote the Bible in order that different flavors are presented so that we in our imperfect minds are able to understand what the Bible is saying, multiple translations exist for the same benefit. One needs a "perfect" understanding of the Hebrew and Greek of those days, and of the culture and life of those days, to fully read a text and come up with what it "perfectly" means. That capability is gone, even at the time of Jesus. Consider the disciples not even understanding when Jesus quoted prophecy about Himself. Times had changed even then. But that doesn't mean with stuI would not consider God's words to be imperfecldy and comparing scripture with scripture, they, and us, cannot eventually understand what the Bible means. Which is the Perfect word of God.
I would say the problem is on man's end, not Gods..
5 260 more...
OnLine Book Lovers Forum
03/13/24 05:06 AM
At the Norwegian Folk Museum in Oslo, Norway, they have a jail that at one time held Hans Nielsen Hauge (3 April 1771 ? 29 March 1824). I was impressed by what I read about him in the Museum. Coming home I read the Wikipedia article on him. Time went by and I don't remember where and why but on TV there was a show that included the organization in Norway to carry on his work. I was not moved one way or another by that but it did make me think of what I read in the jail. .

Hauge was from a Godly farm family at a time where church attendance in Norway was low. He was spiritual and brought a revival to Norway, both of religion but also encouraging people to become entrepreneurs. In his day if a lay-member wanted to preach they needed either a pastor or government leader. He invited them and some had no problem with his message, others did not like it so he was sent to jail a number of times. I just read about his first time. It was Christmas eve and he had shared with a group some Christmas songs, reading the Bible, Bible stories and some meditations on the Christmas message when a church official came with two soldiers and brought him to jail.

Among the other prisoners, someone was able to sneak in a bottle of whiskey, so they were drunk and he felt he could not reach him that night. The next morning a soldier in to sober up began singing lude songs. Hans came over to him and said "That is a fine song you're singing!" The soldier said "It's a fine song for a place like this!" to which Hans replied "Did your mother teach you that song?" which of course embarrassed the soldier. While initially upset, and the other prisoners expecting the entertainment of a fight turned their eyes on the two men, someone asked Hans if he was in for stealing. Hans said "No, but for singing Christmas songs, reading the Bible and teaching people how to live lives that won't make their mother's cry." They went to lunch and Hans sat by the soldier and continued to talk to him. The solder broke down and told how his mother died that last spring. The last time he saw her he was mean to her, they had an argument and he ran away. Hans lead him to the Lord, telling him that although his mother had died, his mother's God was still alive.

Later that day he was moved to solitary confinement for his continued work sharing his faith to other prisoners. However, after he was put in solitary, the prison guards forgot that he was there and he nearly froze to death. Sounds like Satan was trying to kill him.

Another thing I noticed was that part of the trouble Hans found himself in was that in the area where he lived there was another religious revival that started before his. It was started by a former pastor of his childhood church. This pastor got very stuck on grace and his revival did not change hearts, was based on "only believe" the "worship" was very loud and disorderly. Hans' was very focused on the Bible, the love of God and how it changes hearts.

Seeing these two revivals in the area could not help but make me think of Mrs. White's chapter on Modern Revivals in "Great Controversy" where she talks about the coming false religion; which sounds like the one religious revival based on "Only Believe" but not changing their lives; and Han's ministry which did change people's lives. Did she learn this story? As she talks about the true and false revivals, she sounded like she was telling this story. Also, many have noticed that without naming names, her description of the last generation perfection sounded like descriptions of John Wesley, but I could not help but notice the same as I read about Hans.

Please pray for another revival in Norway/Scandinavia and the whole world.
0 59 more...
OnLine Book Lovers Forum
03/13/24 04:53 AM
Oswald Boelcke: Germany's First Fighter Ace and Father of Air Combat by R. G. Head. While many of you may be bored with all the military and war details, and of course that is the focus on the book, it also talks about Boelcke's remarkable character. His parents were Lutheran missionaries to South America, returning to Germany just before his birth.

When he was 17 he joined a church who's moto was "For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ..." and he also used this verse of scripture as the moto of his life. He would do what he could to bring his relationship with Christ into his job as a fighter pilot. For the planes he shot down he would give them a last salute, and would do his best to learn their names. He would give them a full military funeral with pictures to help give their families closure and where they could either get the body or visit the graves after the war.

The first 6 planes he shot down had no survivors. The crew did survive his 7th victory. He landed beside them and helped them out of the wreckage, told them how happy he was that they lived and asked what he could do for them. Had them write a message to their unit and family to let them know that they were ok and risked his life to deliver the message. He treated others who survived the same. (also, his student Manfred von Richthofen -the Red Barron) also treated his victories the same way. I don't know if Richthofen carried on this part of Boelcke's treatment but Boelcke would send care packages to the POW camps. He said that he could not hate the enemy because we are all victims of politics. Many of the world War 1 pilots from both sides felt this same way. Some of the Allied pilots saw themselves as noble while the Germans were sub-human "Huns" but came to realize that if they wanted to be the noble people they pictured themselves to be, that they needed to make this German not only an enemy that they may one day face in combat, but that they also needed to make him their role model.

Once a French boy fell into a canal, and he dove in full uniform to rescue him and even though the Germans were seen as enemies occupying the land, this act had many French people see him as a hero and put him in for a medal from the French government. They of course did not want to give it to a German and Germany did not want for their airman to get a medal from France, but a compromise was reached in him getting a lifesaving medal from Prussia. Shortly before his death an American paper was interviewing him and asked him what his greatest honor was, and he had a long list, but he said that his greatest honor was that medal for saving the boy's life.

Jesus said "I was in prison and you visited me." Oswald took this seriously and would visit the POW camps and would make care packages to make their lives as a POW easier. When he died they petitioned the German government for flowers to be sent to his funeral. Many of them, as they survived the war and went on to live their lives said that while they knew they could have died, since they survived one of the highlights of their life was meeting this great man.

When he died (at the tender age of 25) despite being a German Protestant, a huge Catholic church in the area invited his public funeral to be there with him being the first person to lie in state. (the bishop was horrified when he found out that the church allowed this honor to a German Protestant, but the priests in the church felt that someone with his character deserved the honor no matter his nationality or religion.) At the funeral Manfred von Richthofen (later known as the Red Baron) said (and it has been noted that it could have also been said about von Richthofen) that Boelcke never had an enemy. And that was seen even among his "enemies" there were POWs in German POW camps who petitioned the German government to help them send flowers to the funeral, and a British plane flew over dropping a wreath with condolences from the British government and Air Force. While they did not mourn his shooting their people down, they did mourn his death because of his amazing character and integrity and kindness as well as his excellent work. His writings and tactics are still studied by militaries and Air Forces around the world.

God seems to have created in us a need for heroes. The greatest ones are those who tried in their little ways to reflect the greatest hero of them all. After World War 2, Germany had to distance themselves from military power. But this distancing also brought about other problems and it was seen that they needed heroes. Bypassing the Nazis they were able to go to people like Boelcke and Richthofen who were true men of integrity that could be held up as heroes to set as examples.

I have to admit, I got my interest in learning about Boelcke when I was thinking about the century of the passing of von Richthofen. My interest in von Richthofen came from the song "Snoopy's Christmas" and "It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown" I recently learned that Charles' Schulz had the theme of Snoopy going after the Red Baron for a few reasons including: One it was a catchy name and funny for Snoopy to keep going after him to be shot down. Two Schulz was impressed with the gallantry on both sides during World War 1 and did not want these people to be forgotten to history. And third, Von Richthofen was, like Boelcke, a man of excellence and integrity, and so Snoopy did not keep loosing to some villain or bully, but to a worthy adversary.

But sadly having these great people, such as Boelcke, Von Richthofen and others who were indeed heroes from both sides of the war who died at such young ages, you can't help but wonder what life would have been like if these great men could have used their greatness in peace instead of war and if they could have lived full rich lives.
0 55 more...
Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
The Value of Bible Types
by TruthinTypes. 03/17/24 06:22 PM
Orion Which Every One on the Globe Can See
by Rick H. 03/16/24 06:26 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Rick H. 03/16/24 06:23 PM
'Prophet' Summons UFOs
by ProdigalOne. 03/16/24 02:19 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 03/15/24 08:53 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by dedication. 03/11/24 06:31 PM
Get That Razor Wire Up!
by kland. 03/05/24 12:49 PM
Messages for This Time
by ProdigalOne. 03/04/24 05:54 AM
The Lake of Fire is Hell
by Rick H. 03/02/24 05:01 PM
Adventist Agriculture
by kland. 02/29/24 12:33 PM
How tall were Adam and Eve?
by dedication. 02/28/24 07:30 PM
Hebrew word YOM or yowm meaning?
by dedication. 02/26/24 05:42 AM
The Book of Job
by teresaq. 02/22/24 04:43 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by ProdigalOne. 03/16/24 08:38 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by Rick H. 03/16/24 06:30 PM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by Kevin H. 03/12/24 09:20 PM
Climate Change and the Sunday Law
by kland. 03/05/24 01:37 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Daryl. 03/04/24 06:14 PM
WHAT IS THE VERY END-TIME PROPHECY?
by Daryl. 02/29/24 11:21 AM
Should Walter Veight have preached this sermon?
by dedication. 02/21/24 05:28 PM
Labor Unions and Adventist
by Rick H. 02/20/24 01:59 PM
Spiritualism: Across The Gulf...
by Rick H. 02/20/24 01:52 PM
Samuele Bacchiocchi & Recent Article Concerns
by dedication. 02/20/24 01:39 AM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!