HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,641
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 15
kland 6
Daryl 2
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
Rick H
Rick H
Florida, USA
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
3 registered members (Karen Y, daylily, dedication), 3,117 guests, and 9 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 14 of 19 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 18 19
Re: Whose are we? #10251
11/02/03 11:40 PM
11/02/03 11:40 PM
V
vastergotland  Offline
Active Member 2011
3500+ Member
Sweden
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Lowe:
The condition of Laodicea is lukewarmness not doctrinal error. The counsel to Laodicea is to purchase gold, white raiment, and eyesalve. Once possessed of these things a Laodicean is ready for translation. But before the Remnant Church can proclaim the final warning messages it must be shaken and purified. Once purified the remaining members will boldly declare the truth under the influence of the latter rain. The faithful in Babylon will respond to the message and join the ranks of Adventism during the final crisis. Then Jesus will return to reward them with eternal life in the new earth. The Laodicean Church is the translation church.

Revelation
3:18 I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and [that] the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.
3:19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.
3:20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.
3:21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

Hi Mike

The rest of the text: rev 3:14"To the angel of the church in Laodicea write:
These are the words of the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the ruler of God's creation. 15I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! 16So, because you are lukewarm--neither hot nor cold--I am about to spit you out of my mouth. 17You say, 'I am rich; I have acquired wealth and do not need a thing.' But you do not realize that you are wretched, pitiful, poor, blind and naked.

The problem of laodicea is lukewarmness. Now, what does it mean to be lukewarm? From the text it appears that they who are lukewarm belive they have all that they need, they think themselves rich and possessors of pleanty of all that they could possibly need. What is the reality of the lukewarm people? They are poor, blind and naked. What is the sollution to laodiceas problem? To buy from Jesus wealth that stood the test of fire, white clothes and salve to be able to see. He is the source to the sollution to the laodiceans problem.
Assuming that your post is in some degree atleast in response to mine, It would follow that you disagree with my conclution that what this groups problem is, is delusion. I dont think it very farfetched to say that someone who thinks himself to be rich when in fact he is poor is deluded. I also dont think it to be an overstatement to say that it is only by grace that Jesus is knocking at the doors of our hearts. Wheather being spiritually poor, blind and naked implies doctrinal error or not is an interesting point. Perhaps worth of further investigation.

/Thomas

Re: Whose are we? #10252
11/03/03 12:13 AM
11/03/03 12:13 AM
J
John Boskovic  Offline
Dedicated Member
Ontario
Will,
quote:
EW 270.2
I asked the meaning of the shaking I had seen and was shown that it would be caused by the straight testimony called forth by the counsel of the True Witness to the Laodiceans. This will have its effect upon the heart of the receiver, and will lead him to exalt the standard and pour forth the straight truth. Some will not bear this straight testimony. They will rise up against it, and this is what will cause a shaking among God's people.

This message is found in Rev 3:14-22

I do not dispute that the 3 Angels messages you quoted as well as all other are also applicable to Adventists, and need to be heard by Adventists.

Shalom

Re: Whose are we? #10253
11/03/03 12:19 AM
11/03/03 12:19 AM
J
John Boskovic  Offline
Dedicated Member
Ontario
Yes Thomas, as incredible as it may seem Laodicea is proud to be Laodicea and finds comfort and security in being Laodicea.

Re: Whose are we? #10254
11/03/03 12:44 AM
11/03/03 12:44 AM
J
John Boskovic  Offline
Dedicated Member
Ontario
Mike
quote:
The condition of Laodicea is lukewarmness not doctrinal error.
    …and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:

• Is it possible to hold truth in unrighteousness?
  • Is it possible to understand the truth of the Lord without the spirit of the Lord?
  • Is it possible to have truth, without it's riches?
  • Is it possible to see without eyes?
  • Is it possible to know, when the true witness says "knowest not"?

The counsel to Laodicea is to purchase gold, white raiment, and eyesalve. Once possessed of these things a Laodicean is no longer Laodicean.

Shalom

Re: Whose are we? #10255
11/03/03 02:51 AM
11/03/03 02:51 AM
Will  Offline
Most Dedicated Member
BC, Canada
Hi John,

You had said:
quote:

I do not dispute that the 3 Angels messages you quoted as well as all other are also applicable to Adventists, and need to be heard by Adventists.

Do you mean only Seventh-Day Adventists, or do you agree that the 3 Angels message needs to be heard by everyone?
God has His people everywhere, and I believe that He is calling His people out of Babylon, and this people keep the commandments of God and have the testimony of Jesus Christ. Do you agree with that? Sorry if I am going the long way but I wanted to understand if you only feel that the 3 Angels message is for Seventh-Day Adventist only or for the whole world.

God Bless,
Will

Re: Whose are we? #10256
11/03/03 05:20 AM
11/03/03 05:20 AM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Thomas wrote - "Wheather being spiritually poor, blind and naked implies doctrinal error or not is an interesting point. Perhaps worth of further investigation."

Perhaps this quote can help shed some light on the subject:

FW 83.1
The True Witness says of a cold, lifeless, Christless church, "I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot. So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of My mouth" (Revelation 3:15, 16). Mark the following words: "Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked." Here is represented a people who pride themselves in their possession of spiritual knowledge and advantages. But they have not responded to the unmerited blessings that God has bestowed upon them. They have been full of rebellion, ingratitude, and forgetfulness of God; and still He has dealt with them as a loving, forgiving father deals with an ungrateful, wayward son. They have resisted His grace, abused His privileges, slighted His opportunities, and have been satisfied to sink down in contentment, in lamentable ingratitude, hollow formalism, and hypocritical insincerity. With pharisaic pride they have vaunted themselves till it has been said of them, "Thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing" (verse 17).

Re: Whose are we? #10257
11/03/03 05:29 AM
11/03/03 05:29 AM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
John wrote - "The counsel to Laodicea is to purchase gold, white raiment, and eyesalve. Once possessed of these things a Laodicean is no longer Laodicean."

Interesting? I have always thought a Laodicean is someone who is a member of the Laodicean Church. Just because a Laodicean purchases the gold, white raiment and eyesalve does that suddenly mean he is no longer a member of the Laodicean Church? Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't it Laodiceans who overcome as Jesus overcame? who sing the song of Moses and the Lamb?

Revelation
3:18 I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and [that] the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.
3:19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.
3:20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.
3:21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

Re: Whose are we? #10258
11/03/03 07:34 AM
11/03/03 07:34 AM
V
vastergotland  Offline
Active Member 2011
3500+ Member
Sweden
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Lowe:
Thomas wrote - "Wheather being spiritually poor, blind and naked implies doctrinal error or not is an interesting point. Perhaps worth of further investigation."

Perhaps this quote can help shed some light on the subject:

FW 83.1
The True Witness says of a cold, lifeless, Christless church, "I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot. So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of My mouth" (Revelation 3:15, 16). Mark the following words: "Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked." Here is represented a people who pride themselves in their possession of spiritual knowledge and advantages. But they have not responded to the unmerited blessings that God has bestowed upon them. They have been full of rebellion, ingratitude, and forgetfulness of God; and still He has dealt with them as a loving, forgiving father deals with an ungrateful, wayward son. They have resisted His grace, abused His privileges, slighted His opportunities, and have been satisfied to sink down in contentment, in lamentable ingratitude, hollow formalism, and hypocritical insincerity. With pharisaic pride they have vaunted themselves till it has been said of them, "Thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing" (verse 17).

Hi,

Hmm, do you mean that the laodicean church could be described in the words of Paul in 1 cor 13, except without having love? Othervise the quoted text didnt give that much, perhaps the answere to the question comes further down in the text...

About who is a laodicean, what or who is the laodicean church? Is it a organised body like SDA or is it like Gods church without boundaries detectable to human eyes?
If its an existing organised church, wouldnt the easieset way to avoid being blind, naked and poor be to change church and start seeing, being clothed and gaining of Gods riches? For surely knowingly ignoring God and His blessings would be almost comparable to spiritual suicide?

/Thomas

Re: Whose are we? #10259
11/03/03 01:50 PM
11/03/03 01:50 PM
J
John Boskovic  Offline
Dedicated Member
Ontario
Will, All messages are applicable to all, according to their spiritual condition.

Shalom

Re: Whose are we? #10260
11/03/03 03:03 PM
11/03/03 03:03 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
7BC 961, 962
Revelation 3:14-18

Our Condition Revealed.--The message to the Laodicean church reveals our condition as a people (RH Dec. 15, 1904). {7BC 961.3}

Message for the Idlers in the Vineyard.--To the idlers in the Lord's vineyard the Laodicean message is sent (MS 26, 1905). {7BC 961.4}

Application of Laodicean Message.--The message to the Laodicean church is applicable to all who have had great light and many opportunities, and yet have not appreciated them (RH March 11, 1902). {7BC 961.5}

Fervor of Love Lacking.--The message to the Laodicean church is applicable to our condition. How plainly is pictured the position of those who think they have all the truth, who take pride in their knowledge of the Word of God, while its sanctifying power has not been felt in their lives. The fervor of the love of God is wanting in their hearts, but it is this very fervor of love that makes God's people the light of the world (RH July 23, 1889). {7BC 961.6}

Laodicean Message for Adventists.--The message to the Laodicean church is highly applicable to us as a people. It has been placed before us for a long time, but has not been heeded as it should have been. When the work of repentance is earnest and deep, the individual members of the church will buy the rich goods of heaven. [Rev. 3:18 quoted.] Oh, how many behold things in a perverted light, in the light in which Satan would have them see. {7BC 961.7}

You may manifest great zeal in missionary effort, and yet because it is corrupted with selfishness, and tastes strongly of self, it is nought in the sight of God; for it is a tainted, corrupted offering. Unless the door of the heart is open to Jesus, unless He occupies the soul temple, unless the heart is imbued with His divine attributes, human actions when weighed in the heavenly balances, will be pronounced "Wanting." The love of Christ would make you rich; but many do not realize the value of His love. Many do not realize that the spirit which they cherish is destitute of the meekness and lowliness of Christ, destitute of the love that would constitute them channels of light (MS 33, 1894). {7BC 961.8}

Has God Made a Mistake?--The Laodicean message is applicable to the church at this time. Do you believe this message? Have you hearts that feel? Or are you constantly saying, We are rich and increased in goods, and have need of nothing? Is it in vain that the declaration of eternal truth has been given to this nation to be carried to all the nations of the world? God has chosen a people and made them the repositories of truth weighty with eternal results. To them has been given the light that must illuminate the world. Has God made a mistake? Are we indeed His chosen instrumentalities? Are we the men and women who are to bear to the world the messages of Revelation fourteen, to proclaim the message of salvation to those who are standing on the brink of ruin? Do we act as if we were (MS 51, 1901)? {7BC 961.9}

Professors but Not Doers.--The Laodicean message applies to all who profess to keep the law of God, and yet are not doers of it. We are not to be selfish in anything. Every phase of the Christian life is to be a representation of the life of Christ. If it is not, we shall hear the terrible words, "I know you not" (RH Oct. 17, 1899). {7BC 962.1}

An Insipid Religious Experience.--The message to the Laodicean church applies most decidedly to those whose religious experience is insipid, who do not bear decided witness in favor of the truth (Letter 98, 1901). {7BC 962.2}

"Hear, O Hear."--I tell you in the name of the Lord, that those who have had great light are today in the state described by Christ in His message to the Laodicean church. They think that they are rich, and increased in goods, and feel that they have need of nothing. Christ speaks to you. Hear, O hear, if you have any regard for your souls, the words of the great Counselor, and act upon them (Rev. 3:18 quoted] (Letter 5, 1897). {7BC 962.3}

Page 14 of 19 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 18 19

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/21/24 04:50 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/21/24 02:04 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by kland. 05/17/24 04:47 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:33 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!