HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,641
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 15
kland 6
Daryl 2
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
Rick H
Rick H
Florida, USA
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
3 registered members (Karen Y, daylily, dedication), 3,117 guests, and 9 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 16 of 19 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 19
Re: Whose are we? #10271
11/04/03 02:50 AM
11/04/03 02:50 AM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Okay. I believe God chose Israel to proclaim the gospel to everyone everywhere. When they rejected Jesus in AD 34, at the termination of their 490 year probationary time, I believe God chose the Church to finish preaching the gospel. Over the years the Church splintered, but through it all God preserved the truth through a remnant of saints. In 1844, after the Great Disappointment, I believe God raise up the SDA Church to proclaim the gospel and the three final warning messages. No other church organization can preach the whole truth about the gospel and the 3AM's. Yes, each one has bits and pieces of it, but only the SDA Church has been entrusted with all of it.

Your serve.

Re: Whose are we? #10272
11/04/03 03:11 AM
11/04/03 03:11 AM
J
John Boskovic  Offline
Dedicated Member
Ontario
Sorry to interrupt

Mike,
quote:
The message to the Laodicean church reveals our condition as a people

The message to the Laodicean church is applicable to all who have had great light and many opportunities, and yet have not appreciated them

The Laodicean message applies to all who profess to keep the law of God, and yet are not doers of it.

The message to the Laodicean church applies most decidedly to those whose religious experience is insipid,

How plainly is pictured the position of those who think they have all the truth, who take pride in their knowledge of the Word of God, while its sanctifying power has not been felt in their lives.

Oh, how many behold things in a perverted light, in the light in which Satan would have them see. {7BC 961.7}

The message to the Laodicean church reveals our condition as a people - not SDA qualification as the remnant organisation.

Perverted light is DOCTRINAL ERROR. HOWEVER, THEY THINK THEY HAVE ALL THE TRUTH.

Shalom

Re: Whose are we? #10273
11/04/03 03:17 AM
11/04/03 03:17 AM
J
John Boskovic  Offline
Dedicated Member
Ontario
Mike,
quote:
As I see it, the SDA church is the only religious organization in the world that can experience the Laodicean condition and counsel. Why? Because it is the only church since 1844 that God has given the truth about the 3AM's.
The condition of Laodicea is not dependent on having great light. The condition of Laodicea is a result of them thinking/believing that they have great light while they are in darkness. If they have had great light, that much more pathetic their situation.

Shalom

Re: Whose are we? #10274
11/04/03 03:37 AM
11/04/03 03:37 AM
J
John Boskovic  Offline
Dedicated Member
Ontario
Also Mike,

• When did the Adventists change from Philadelphia to Laodicea? Why?
  • Was it a timeline; a particular prophetic date?
  • Did a particular organisation get formed to be the Laodicea of prophecy?

You know the testimony and the record. When the spiritual condition set in, then the message of Laodicea became applicable.

Laodicean message is applicable to Adventists, not because they are the last of the seven churches, but because they are Laodicean spiritually.

Shalom

Re: Whose are we? #10275
11/04/03 03:43 AM
11/04/03 03:43 AM
J
John Boskovic  Offline
Dedicated Member
Ontario
The letters to the seven Churches!

These letters were applicable to the respective Churches, existing at the time John received them.

These seven spiritual Characteristics have also been significant in sequence through history.

These seven spiritual Characteristics have been present continually, since the time they were testified.

The messages are applicable wherever/whenever the according conditions exist.

They are for WHOSOEVER HAS AN EAR TO HEAR WHAT THE SPIRIT SAYS.

Shalom

Re: Whose are we? #10276
11/04/03 02:14 PM
11/04/03 02:14 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
John, while I agree with the idea that any church organization can be guilty of lukewarmness I do not agree that Laodicea symbolizes any and all churches guilty of lukewarmness. According to the historical interpretation of prophecy the 7 churches trace the history of Christendom to the end of time. Since Laodicea is the last church it must necessarily represent the remnant church during the final crisis and second advent.

The prophecies focus on the chosen people of God, their mission and message, and the way the rest of the world responds to the final warning. Laodiceans are the ones who extend the offer to Babylonians to come out of Babylon - "Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues." Rev 18:4. The only church since 1844 that can proclaim this message is the SDA Church. It is the only church that God has entrusted with the 3AM's.

Re: Whose are we? #10277
11/04/03 03:21 PM
11/04/03 03:21 PM
V
vastergotland  Offline
Active Member 2011
3500+ Member
Sweden
Hi,

The question is, how can we be so sure that the last scenes of earths history stand and fall with the SDA church only? For honestys sake, lets just conclude that SDA in the only church we know of with these characteristics. Perhaps the only church in the west, but the world is bigger than europe and america, what if God has risen other churches in other parts of the world? Can we really honestly say that acting on Gods side in the last scene is tightly bound to membership in this particular church...

/Thomas

Re: Whose are we? #10278
11/05/03 04:20 AM
11/05/03 04:20 AM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Thomas, please show me another organization that God has commissioned to preach the 3AM's? I know of only one - the SDA Church. Is that arrogant or ignorant? Personally, I don't think so, at least not any more than what Jesus said to the Samaritan women - "Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews." John 4:22.

If God doesn't have a chosen church to share the truth about the 3AM's then God is cruel. Why? Reread the 3AM's! How can God promise such certain destruction without first explaining the warnings? Our Lord and Saviour doesn't operate that way. That's why He commissioned the SDA Church to warn the world first. As it was in the days of Noah!

Re: Whose are we? #10279
11/04/03 08:55 PM
11/04/03 08:55 PM
V
vastergotland  Offline
Active Member 2011
3500+ Member
Sweden
I dont know any other church, but Im not ready to limmit God by my ignorance... I have to ask, what is a church? Is the church the organisation with the headquarters in the GC building in washington or is the church the members. Is your local church defined by the building you gather in or by the members who gather in the building? When the warning goes out from the church, what is the focal point? Is the important thing the program for missionary x amount of people before z date or is the important thing the humans, the christians who acctually do something to bring the word to those who dont know yet? I dont think God needs a human organisation to give people the three angles message, what God needs is humans, individuals who are willing to go out and witness and share.

/Thomas

Re: Whose are we? #10280
11/05/03 02:09 AM
11/05/03 02:09 AM
J
John Boskovic  Offline
Dedicated Member
Ontario
Mike, you did not answer any of my questions.

Shalom

Page 16 of 19 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 19

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/21/24 04:50 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/21/24 02:04 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by kland. 05/17/24 04:47 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:33 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!