HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,649
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 17
kland 6
Daryl 2
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
4 registered members (Karen Y, dedication, TheophilusOne, 1 invisible), 2,639 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11
Re: Side Effects of Prescription and OTC Drugs [Re: vastergotland] #129514
12/10/10 03:33 PM
12/10/10 03:33 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Interesting article. Also, interesting that the only time someone else had presented any scientific study, it also involved the elderly but in a nursing home. In it, the vaccination appeared to reduce the effects of one disease but increase the effects of another.

Do vaccinations only partially benefit the elderly or is this an example where the elderly, especially when confined, can be specifically targeted.

Also, it was unclear from just the abstract, whether pneumonia and congestive heart failure are associated with the flu or a side benefit from taking the vaccine. I suppose it could be related. But, 48 to 57 percent and 43 percent does not seem like you could say it "works" to me if the idea is prevention, and when it says it reduces hospitalization, the benefits are further diluted.

Now, maybe there is an argument for the dollars saved, and that could be why so many are urging, without question, a drug which has not been adequately subjected to the scientific method. But I question if those dollars are really saved or if they reappear elsewhere.

Bechamp was the name I was thinking of who lost out to marketing maneuvers.
Here's an interesting segment about smallpox on page 197:
Bechamp Or Pasteur: A Lost Chapter in the History of Biology

Would you suggest we vaccinated as the originally did? Did it work? Why not do it the same way? If our current methods are "better", are they right?

Principles of Vaccination & what Jenner did:
http://www.therealessentials.com/vaccination-princ.html

I had read before how they got this from calves.
Living calves.

Re: Side Effects of Prescription and OTC Drugs [Re: kland] #129524
12/10/10 09:36 PM
12/10/10 09:36 PM
V
vastergotland  Offline
Active Member 2011
3500+ Member
Sweden
A book quoting the situation 150 years ago and an article on a website which just happens to have a commercial interest in discrediting scientifically tested medicine? kland, honestly, if you want to think vaccine is unhealthy for you, it is your right to do so.

Galatians 2
21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

It is so hazardous to take here a little and there a little. If you put the right little's together you can make the bible teach anything you wish. //Graham Maxwell
Re: Side Effects of Prescription and OTC Drugs [Re: vastergotland] #129584
12/13/10 03:11 PM
12/13/10 03:11 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
If something started whether 15 years ago or 150, and it's never been subjected to the scientific method, wouldn't it be useful to go back and see what was happening then as to why it came into being accepted without question? What if the base assumption was faulty? Is that a possibility? Or shall we just assume vaccination must be work, it has to be true, surely it must be scientifically tested or the ones in power would have told us differently?

I've read elsewhere that even the government is saying certain vaccinations aren't being effective, therefore they must step up coverage. Kind of reminds me that going into debt isn't causing the economy to recover, so we must put forth more effort to go further into debt.

If vaccinations work, or as you say, reduce the worse effects, and one area either bans it or no longer forces it against the will of the people (UK), then wouldn't you see an increase in the disease? But, from what I've read, the disease went down. Or in third world countries, where they are vaccinating the people but not providing clean water and sanitation, the disease still is high.

And as far as commercial interest go, you can find sites which aren't selling things, but really, who has the biggest commercial interest in this: the pharmakon industry or someone selling essential oils who also has articles on their website?

All I'm saying is to think, don't assume. Whether it's to do with our health or our religion. Ellen White says that the health message is the right arm of the third angel's message. Shall we pharm it out to industry?

Re: Side Effects of Prescription and OTC Drugs [Re: kland] #129592
12/13/10 07:13 PM
12/13/10 07:13 PM
V
vastergotland  Offline
Active Member 2011
3500+ Member
Sweden
As few as 3 posts ago I shared one link to research subjected to the scientific method verifying the effect of vaccine, yet you already are claiming it has never been done.

You shall not assume anything about vaccines working for you have already made up your mind that they do not. Is there a purpose to further discussing this?

Galatians 2
21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

It is so hazardous to take here a little and there a little. If you put the right little's together you can make the bible teach anything you wish. //Graham Maxwell
Re: Side Effects of Prescription and OTC Drugs [Re: vastergotland] #129638
12/14/10 07:41 PM
12/14/10 07:41 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
The link showed the scientific method was used to help show that vaccines reduced the negative effects of illness, but showed that vaccines did not prevent disease. Hence, my conclusion that they do not "work" meaning prevention.

Re: Side Effects of Prescription and OTC Drugs [Re: kland] #129639
12/14/10 08:30 PM
12/14/10 08:30 PM
V
vastergotland  Offline
Active Member 2011
3500+ Member
Sweden
Yes, you are right in showing that it is much easier to get the desired results if one takes the liberty to decide how to define key words (eg work) according to what the present situation requires.

Galatians 2

Re: Side Effects of Prescription and OTC Drugs [Re: vastergotland] #129985
01/05/11 04:51 PM
01/05/11 04:51 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
That does sound bad if I'm taking liberty to change the meaning of "works". Maybe you could give a good definition. Because, when I search about vaccines, I often see the word "prevention". Which I then take "works" to mean "prevents". I see recent articles in the paper from the health department talking about how vaccines prevent diseases. They didn't mentioned anything about reducing the effects of disease. So, I'm open to if you have a common definition of the purpose of vaccination. I say "common", as otherwise, that would mean the common people have been deceived.

Re: Side Effects of Prescription and OTC Drugs [Re: kland] #130032
01/08/11 03:17 PM
01/08/11 03:17 PM
V
vastergotland  Offline
Active Member 2011
3500+ Member
Sweden
kland, I wonder, did you notice this article?
http://www.bmj.com/content/342/bmj.d22.full
http://www.bmj.com/content/342/bmj.c5347

So one of the "evidence based medicine is evil" groups darling studies, that vaccination cause autism is not only false. It was manufactured. And neither was it manufactured for some idealistic causes but its author was bought for almost half a million British punds by lawyers who wanted to make money by suing vaccine companies.

Quote:
How the link was fixed
The Lancet paper was a case series of 12 child patients; it reported a proposed “new syndrome” of enterocolitis and regressive autism and associated this with MMR as an “apparent precipitating event.” But in fact:

Three of nine children reported with regressive autism did not have autism diagnosed at all. Only one child clearly had regressive autism

Despite the paper claiming that all 12 children were “previously normal,” five had documented pre-existing developmental concerns

Some children were reported to have experienced first behavioural symptoms within days of MMR, but the records documented these as starting some months after vaccination

In nine cases, unremarkable colonic histopathology results—noting no or minimal fluctuations in inflammatory cell populations—were changed after a medical school “research review” to “non-specific colitis”

The parents of eight children were reported as blaming MMR, but 11 families made this allegation at the hospital. The exclusion of three allegations—all giving times to onset of problems in months—helped to create the appearance of a 14 day temporal link

Patients were recruited through anti-MMR campaigners, and the study was commissioned and funded for planned litigation

While this by itself does not speak on the function of vaccine, it does show that the "evidence based medicine is evil" groups out there are not only lightly regarding medicine, but also evidence.

On your last question, it is difficult to comment on the contents of articles you recently read. Provide some links or at least quote references and preferably both so I can see how the word is used in the literature you read.

Galatians 2

Re: Side Effects of Prescription and OTC Drugs [Re: vastergotland] #130095
01/12/11 07:02 PM
01/12/11 07:02 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Your links demonstrate why I don't ever support that mercury causes autism. Mercury is bad on it's own and does not have to be shown to cause a certain specific disease to be kept out of vaccines. Creationists have fraudulently created things to "prove" creation. But committing fraud doesn't disprove creation. Interesting how published research can be shown to be fraud. Suppose it works both ways?

Regarding "prevent", how about this about meningitis vaccines (amazing how many vaccines there are!) from the CDC: http://www.cdc.gov/meningitis/about/prevention.html
Quote:
Each vaccine can prevent 2 of the 3 most commonly occurring strains in the US. Meningococcal vaccines cannot prevent all types of the disease, but they do protect many people who might become sick if they didn't get the vaccine.

Pneumococcal vaccines for the prevention of disease among children who are 2 years and older and adults have been in use since 1977.

The Hib vaccine can prevent pneumonia (lung infection), epiglottitis (a severe throat infection), and other serious infections caused by Hib bacteria.

Re: Side Effects of Prescription and OTC Drugs [Re: kland] #130098
01/12/11 08:42 PM
01/12/11 08:42 PM
V
vastergotland  Offline
Active Member 2011
3500+ Member
Sweden
Originally Posted By: kland
Your links demonstrate why I don't ever support that mercury causes autism. Mercury is bad on it's own and does not have to be shown to cause a certain specific disease to be kept out of vaccines. Creationists have fraudulently created things to "prove" creation. But committing fraud doesn't disprove creation. Interesting how published research can be shown to be fraud. Suppose it works both ways?
That someone commits fraud to defend a point of view might not say anything about the point of view, but it says much about the person. And it does suggest that there might not be all that much of substance to say if fraud was necessary. The doctor should have done some real research to prove his point if he actually believes in it, rather than only believing in the "almighty dollar".
The difference between published research and statements of faith is that published research welcomes, even requires criticism of this kind. All kinds of ideas are thought up and they are put to the test, and the ones that survive the best attacks of its strongest critics goes down to history. Although any idea that survived yesterdays critics may fall to new knowledge tomorrow. This is not a weakness of science, it is the greatest strength of science. It is really a biblical principle, to try all things and claim the good ones. A principle that is surprisingly often rejected on matters of faith.
Quote:

Regarding "prevent", how about this about meningitis vaccines (amazing how many vaccines there are!) from the CDC: http://www.cdc.gov/meningitis/about/prevention.html
Quote:
Each vaccine can prevent 2 of the 3 most commonly occurring strains in the US. Meningococcal vaccines cannot prevent all types of the disease, but they do protect many people who might become sick if they didn't get the vaccine.

Pneumococcal vaccines for the prevention of disease among children who are 2 years and older and adults have been in use since 1977.

The Hib vaccine can prevent pneumonia (lung infection), epiglottitis (a severe throat infection), and other serious infections caused by Hib bacteria.
So I am just waiting for you to say that because the vaccine prevents only 2 of the 3 most common strains of the meningitis bacteria, and does nothing for viral meningitis, it does not "work".

Galatians 2

Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11

Moderator  Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/28/24 02:32 PM
Meaning of Lazarus and the Rich Man
by dedication. 05/27/24 10:56 PM
What is the Biblical Reckoning of a Day?
by dedication. 05/27/24 01:26 AM
Soul and Body sleep
by Rick H. 05/25/24 09:15 AM
The Flood
by Rick H. 05/25/24 09:12 AM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/21/24 02:04 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by dedication. 05/28/24 12:05 AM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:33 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!