HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
Trainor, ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina
1324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,201
Posts195,688
Members1,324
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 14
kland 5
Daryl 1
June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Member Spotlight
Rick H
Rick H
Florida, USA
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
9 registered members (TheophilusOne, Daryl, Karen Y, Kevin H, dedication, daylily, 3 invisible), 2,415 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Distilled Water: Good or Bad? [Re: Daryl] #151917
04/16/13 02:54 PM
04/16/13 02:54 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
James, which of the links you gave talk about minerals rising with the water vapor and coming out in the end product?

Re: Distilled Water: Good or Bad? [Re: jamesonofthunder] #151919
04/16/13 03:01 PM
04/16/13 03:01 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Originally Posted By: jamesonofthunder
Why are all the links missing in my post?
If in the pull-down, you had "using HTML" selected, the UBB links would not display properly.

Re: Distilled Water: Good or Bad? [Re: Daryl] #179468
02/19/16 04:07 PM
02/19/16 04:07 PM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
Originally Posted By: JSOT
So to make the point even more precise, ultrapure water is semi-corrosive to stainless steel and copper and lead solder joints like I mentioned before, and creates a leaching process in whatever metal it touches. Since you claim to have a distiller, then the milky surface of your stainless steel where the water makes contact would testify to this strange phenomenon.

I wonder where Mr. Thunder might have gotten his information. I have now been operating my distiller for several years, drinking from it consistently. I have yet to see any "milky" surface to the stainless steel on the distilled side of the machine. The milky residue left in the brine side is fully to be expected, for it consist of the minerals that have been left behind in the process of distillation. I've heard it said that distilled water can be acidic. I have no evidence of such. A doctor told me he had put a chem strip for testing the pH of urine into a sample of his distilled water and it came out perfectly neutral. Apparently, it can only become acidic through contact with CO2, and if the distiller keeps the distilled water in an enclosed loop of the machine, there is little such contact to be made. In any case, one has to wonder why people would desire to question the safety of the purest water known to man. Purity is a good thing. Our body needs pure water. Mrs. White tells us pure, soft water is the best beverage.

Originally Posted By: Ellen White
I should eat sparingly, thus relieving my system of unnecessary burden, and should encourage cheerfulness, and give myself the benefits of proper exercise in the open air. I should bathe frequently, and drink freely of pure, soft water. {CD 419.2}

961. Keep the patient free from excitement, and every influence calculated to depress. Her attendants should be cheerful and hopeful. She should have a simple diet, and should be allowed plenty of pure, soft water to drink. Bathe frequently in pure, soft water, followed by gentle rubbing. Let the light and air be freely admitted into the room. She must have quiet and undisturbed rest.-- H. to L., Chap. 3, pp. 54, 55. {HL 225.4}

962. Water is the best liquid possible to cleanse the tissues. . . . Drink some little time before or after the meal.-- R. and H., 1884, No. 31. {HL 226.1}

977. Nature, to relieve herself of poisonous impurities, makes an effort to free the system, which effort produces fevers and what is termed disease. But even then, if those who are afflicted would assist nature in her efforts by the use of pure, soft water, much suffering would be prevented.-- H. to L. Chap. 4, p. 60. {HL 228.4}

The sick should be educated to have confidence in nature's great blessings which God has provided; and the most effective remedies for disease are pure soft water, the blessed God-given sunshine coming into the rooms of the invalids, living outdoors as much as possible, having healthful exercise, eating and drinking foods that are prepared in the most healthful manner. . . . {MM 225.1}

Obviously, Mrs. White valued "pure soft water" highly. And the purest, softest water to be found is distilled water. There is no indication from her writings that water could ever be too pure or too soft. In fact, she speaks of God providing His children the "purest water." The purest known to man these days is distilled water. God must approve of it.

Originally Posted By: Ellen White
He provided them food which was the most healthful. He rained their bread from heaven, and gave them purest water from the flinty rock. He made a covenant with them, if they would obey Him in all things, He would preserve them from disease. {TSDF 62.8}

One does not find anything "purer" than "purest," right?

Here is something Mr. Thunder perhaps overlooked in his research: reverse osmosis (RO) filtration only removes charged or polar molecules. Molecules with a neutral polarity are not removed. Consider the case of arsenic. It occurs in two forms. One form has a polarity, the other does not. RO filtration may remove the one, but cannot remove the other. Hence, studies show that RO filtration is ineffective at removing all arsenic. The following is an abstract from a scientific study focused on this problem.

Originally Posted By: National Institutes of Health
Inorganic arsenic causes cancer, and millions of people worldwide are exposed to arsenic-contaminated water. Regulatory standards for arsenic levels in drinking water generally do not apply to private domestic wells. Reverse osmosis (RO) units commonly are used by well owners to reduce arsenic concentrations, but may not always be effective. In a survey of 102 homes in Nevada, 19 used RO devices. Pre- and post-RO filtration arsenic concentrations averaged 443 μg/l and 87 μg/l, respectively. The average absolute and percent reductions in arsenic concentrations after filtration were 356 μg/l and 79%, respectively. Postfiltration concentrations were higher than 10 μg/l in 10 homes and higher than 100 μg/l in 4 homes. These findings provide evidence that RO filters do not guarantee safe drinking water and, despite regulatory standards, some people continue to be exposed to very high arsenic concentrations.

You may read this for youself HERE.

As I live in one of the zones of this planet with the highest arsenic levels in the water table, I am thankful for my distiller. Very thankful.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

We can receive of heaven's light only as we are willing to be emptied of self. We can discern the character of God, and accept Christ by faith, only as we consent to the bringing into captivity of every thought to the obedience of Christ. And to all who do this, the Holy Spirit is given without measure. In Christ "dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in Him." [Colossians 2:9, 10.] {GW 57.1} -- Ellen White.
Re: Distilled Water: Good or Bad? [Re: jamesonofthunder] #179471
02/20/16 04:10 AM
02/20/16 04:10 AM
dedication  Online Content
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Why are all the links missing in my post?

Because you had clicked on HTML instead of UBBCode

This is what it looks like changing your post to UBBCode

Have any of you owned a distiller? Like I said before, I worked for Dow Chemical in their Reverse osmosis department and I had 3 years of training on this exact subject. I learned things there that they don't teach in College in this subject, so please consider me an expert here, maybe? I also owned my own company where I developed a product called Bio-smooth prebiotic supplement which is used for treating high purity water to eliminate the leaching effect. In direct concert with scientists and doctors I built a company that dealt with this exact issue. OK?

pulsejuice@gmail.com if you email me I can show you literature.

Did you guys read the report with all the scientific papers I just listed earlier?

READ THIS PAPER! http://whqlibdoc.who.int/publications/2009/9789241563550_eng.pdf

Here is another one entitled Health risks for drinking demineralized water.

That would answer a lot of these questions. Here is some quotes from these scientific papers.

"Demineralised water is highly aggressive and if untreated, its distribution through pipes and storage tanks would not be possible. The aggressive water attacks the water distribution piping and leaches metals and other materials from the pipes and associated plumbing materials."

HEALTH RISKS FROM CONSUMPTION OF
DEMINERALISED OR LOW-MINERAL WATER
Knowledge of some effects of consumption of demineralised water is based on experimental and observational data. Experiments have been conducted in laboratory animals and human volunteers, and observational data have been obtained from populations supplied with desalinated water, individuals drinking reverse osmosis-treated demineralised water, and infants given beverages prepared with distilled water. Because limited information is available from these studies, we should also consider the results of epidemiological studies where health effects were compared for populations using low-mineral (soft) water and more mineral-rich waters. Demineralised water that has not been remineralised is considered an extreme case of low-mineral or soft water because it contains only small amounts of dissolved minerals such as calcium and magnesium that are the major contributors to hardness. The possible health consequences of low mineral content water consumption are discussed in the following categories:
Direct effects on the intestinal mucous membrane, metabolism and mineral homeostasis or other body functions.
• Practically zero calcium and magnesium intake.
• Low intake of other essential elements and microelements.
• Loss of calcium, magnesium and other essential elements in prepared food.
• Possible increased dietary intake of toxic metals leached from water pipe.
• Possible bacterial re-growth.

Re: Distilled Water: Good or Bad? [Re: Daryl] #179472
02/20/16 04:33 AM
02/20/16 04:33 AM
dedication  Online Content
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Water pollution is a major problem in our world today and can cause serious health problems and even death.

There are Pesticides and herbicides in the water -- Run off from farms, backyards, and golf courses that spray huge amounts to control weeds and insects. These "killing chemicals" in turn contaminate the water.

Rainwater becomes contaminated as it seeps through industrial waste areas and then run into aquifers, rivers, lakes and watersheds. Rainwater can become acidic since industry now emits great amounts of acidifying gasses, such as sulphuric oxides and carbon monoxide. These gasses also dissolve in rainwater and causes the pH levels to fall.

Excessive use of fertilizers cause nitrate contamination of groundwater which is far above safely levels recommended.

Many third world countries still have sewage mixing with their water.

Then there are natural causes that contaminate water.

Pure water is becoming hard to find in nature.
Therefore -- even when cleansing methods aren't 100% good, they are better than drinking contaminated water.

Re: Distilled Water: Good or Bad? [Re: Daryl] #179516
02/25/16 06:22 PM
02/25/16 06:22 PM
Daryl  Online Canadian
OP
Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
We purchase our own distilled water from a Drug Store.

In His Love, Mercy & Grace,

Daryl smile

John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

http://www.christians-discuss.com/forum/index.php
Re: Distilled Water: Good or Bad? [Re: Daryl] #179533
02/27/16 06:41 AM
02/27/16 06:41 AM
ProdigalOne  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024
Supporting Member 2023

Dedicated Member
Alberta, Canada
I am considering buying a distiller. Right now we purchase five gallon bottles of spring water: I do not like the taste and never feel refreshed after drinking it.

On the other hand, my family does not like the "bland" taste of distilled water.
If I do purchase a distiller, it will be solely for my own use.

Some people recommend adding a pinch of sea salt or other minerals in order to improve the flavor: it seems counterintuitive to add minerals after removing them.
Does anyone have any idea of how to make distilled water more palatable without destroying its purity?

"...I will not forget you.
Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands..."

Isaiah 49:15-16
Re: Distilled Water: Good or Bad? [Re: Daryl] #179534
02/27/16 11:46 AM
02/27/16 11:46 AM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
The best water on the planet, in my opinion, is glacier melt-water from rugged mountain streams such as in British Columbia. Naturally, it amounts to nature's own version of "distilled", and differs from boiled distillation methods in two principle areas: 1) it is highly oxygenated, and 2) it has some minerals from the rocks over which it has flowed. As I am thousands of miles from such blessedness, my distiller gives me the next best option.

The inorganic minerals do affect the flavor, but there is little, if any, scientific evidence that they are beneficial in the body. They may, in fact, be harmful--which is perhaps why Mrs. White refers to "soft" water as the best. My distiller is designed to use a charcoal filter post-distillation. That helps the flavor a little, and apparently protects against a few other items that may otherwise pass through the distillation process, like chlorine (only an issue if you're on city water).

I have found, having lived in many places with many kinds of water, that one tends to adjust to the flavor to the point where whatever one drinks most often seems the best. (That doesn't mean it is, though!)

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

We can receive of heaven's light only as we are willing to be emptied of self. We can discern the character of God, and accept Christ by faith, only as we consent to the bringing into captivity of every thought to the obedience of Christ. And to all who do this, the Holy Spirit is given without measure. In Christ "dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in Him." [Colossians 2:9, 10.] {GW 57.1} -- Ellen White.
Re: Distilled Water: Good or Bad? [Re: Daryl] #179576
02/29/16 05:51 PM
02/29/16 05:51 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
When I think of "soft" water, I think of water softener, which adds sodium to the water.

Ellen White must mean something else. But does she mean "distilled"? I have not seen so supported. In fact, how available was distilled water in her days that she would be advising it?

Is "soft" water a description of water? As in, she was stating no other than using, solvent water? Or liquid water? In other words, "soft" is a description of water, versus some other drink?

Easily disproved. Find where she distinguishes between "soft" water and "hard" water or some other water.

Re: Distilled Water: Good or Bad? [Re: Daryl] #179580
03/01/16 03:01 AM
03/01/16 03:01 AM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
kland,

It is common knowledge that "hard water" has a high mineral content. That is the very definition of the term. "Soft water," by contrast, is the opposite. In nature, both forms exist. There is no need to own a distiller or water softener as the only way to find soft water.

I have lived in many places around the world. In places with hard water, the sinks and toilets may have mineral deposits in them, and it always seems to require more detergent, soap, shampoo, etc. to get the job done. Where water is softer, less of this mineral presence affects the taste of it. Even a landlocked country like Laos can obtain salt from wells, for I have toured a salt factory there. Salt can be present in layers underground, depending on your geographic location. However, while a natural salt layer might soften water that had run through it in similar fashion to a water softener, this is not necessary. Nature's "distilled" water comes to us in the form of rain, snow, dew, etc., and anyone finding a good source of water from these will have soft water.

I would suggest looking online for a definition of soft water, and you will readily see that there is no need for a water softener to make it, unless you are trying to convert hard water to soft. Google gave me the following:
Quote:
Soft water is water which has relatively low concentration of calcium carbonate and other ions. The water that lathers with soap easily is called soft water. It describes type of water that contain few or no minerals like calcium (Ca) or magnesium (Mg) ions.

I would say the burden of proof is on you to establish that "soft water" ever had a different meaning than this, such as during Mrs. White's day. Meanwhile, I will accept that she knew what she was talking about, and did not mean some silly thing like "water is soft because it is a liquid." If that were the case, why did she not speak of "soft milk" or "soft oil" or any other liquid in such a fashion?

Again, it all boils down to definitions.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator  Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
What is the Biblical Reckoning of a Day?
by kland. 06/17/24 05:14 PM
"Justice" or torture?
by kland. 06/17/24 05:08 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 06/13/24 11:31 AM
Spiritual Evolution
by dedication. 06/10/24 04:22 AM
Soul and Body sleep
by dedication. 06/10/24 12:21 AM
Creation of the Sabbath at the Beginning.
by dedication. 06/09/24 06:50 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 06/07/24 08:04 PM
Deceptive Doctrines of Devils
by dedication. 06/07/24 05:00 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 06/07/24 01:04 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 06/06/24 05:13 PM
Messages for This Time
by Rick H. 05/30/24 09:44 AM
Meaning of Lazarus and the Rich Man
by dedication. 05/27/24 10:56 PM
The Flood
by Rick H. 05/25/24 09:12 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by kland. 06/17/24 05:57 PM
A campaign against the church
by kland. 06/17/24 05:52 PM
The Investigative Judgment
by Rick H. 06/15/24 08:22 PM
Will we continue to sin till the end?
by Rick H. 06/15/24 08:15 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by daylily. 06/15/24 08:14 AM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by dedication. 06/06/24 10:25 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 05/30/24 09:50 AM
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by dedication. 05/28/24 12:05 AM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!