HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
Trainor, ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina
1324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,661
Members1,324
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 18
kland 6
Daryl 1
June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Member Spotlight
ProdigalOne
ProdigalOne
Alberta, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (dedication, Daryl, daylily, ProdigalOne, 2 invisible), 2,912 guests, and 10 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 13
Re: Concern over President Trump's Impeachment [Re: His child] #189622
05/30/19 10:26 AM
05/30/19 10:26 AM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Originally Posted By: His child
Originally Posted By: Mountain Man
Finding Vice President Pence in prophecy doesn't make sense to me mainly because it implies Jesus could not have returned "ere this". Whereas it is evident to me the stage has been set for Jesus to return at any time since shortly after 1844. I believe one of the main reasons (perhaps the only reason) Jesus hasn't returned yet is because His Chosen People have not embraced the righteousness by faith lifestyle.

Mike,

Perhaps it is a little less complicated than you might think.

For example: The 42 months in Revelation 13 was fulfilled from 538-1798. Thus Christ could have come as prophesied after that prophecy was fulfilled. But we were not prepared for His coming. Thus He allowed that which had been to be repeated. And once the prophecy began to be repeated that which has been is to be again until the appointed time when the Lord will not allow any more delay.

Food for thought.
If we aren't ready this time, then we can safely say we have 42 more months? It's only repeated twice and not 2+2 times?

Re: Concern over President Trump's Impeachment [Re: kland] #189624
05/30/19 03:17 PM
05/30/19 03:17 PM
His child  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
Originally Posted By: kland
If we aren't ready this time, then we can safely say we have 42 more months? It's only repeated twice and not 2+2 times?

OCD perhaps?

"Ignorance is sin, when knowledge can be obtained" (HR, September 1, 1866 par. 3). www.loudcry101.com
Re: Concern over President Trump's Impeachment [Re: His child] #189625
05/30/19 05:17 PM
05/30/19 05:17 PM
His child  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
Rightly Dividing God’s Word

What do you know? When did you learn it? Was it something that someone taught you or something that you learned through diligent research? (Both have their place.)

In 2011, from studying the book of Revelation, I learned that Benedict XVI would not be pope in 2013. I tweeted that insight eight times from September 2011 to September 2012

Quote:
Pope Benedict XVI has but a very short time left (9/3/11)

Quote:
#Pope Benedict XVI marks his last year with a Latin America trip that includes a visit to #Cuba (23 March 2012)

Quote:
With Benedict XVI in his last year, Who’s going to be the new pope? … (3 April 2012)

Quote:
Is Pope Benedict going to be pope in 2013? (29 April 2012)

Quote:
Months ago I tweeted that pope Benedict XVI is a short timer. Now Vatican power play is news! Y u b last 2 know? (28 May 2012)

Quote:
If Pope Benedict’s 8th year is really his 7th, his time ends before May 2013 (7 July 2012)

Quote:
Pope Benedict’s 8th year is really his 7th, because his ascension year was John-Paul II’s last year. Will Benedict XVI’s 7th year B his last (8 August 2012)

Quote:
Pope #Benedict XVI As I read Daniel’s prophecy, 7’s number of completeness. His ascension year (zero) 2005.
He might last till spring 2013? (30 September 2012)

Quote:
Pope Benedict announced this morning (Monday February 11, 2013) that he is resigning as of 28 February 2013.

With each successive tweet, my ever-growing awareness expanded. Though I understood that the prophecy identified the short duration of Benedict’s reign, there was much that I did not fully understand until the prophecy was fulfilled.

I was unaware that Steve Quayle and Tom Horn also said that Pope Benedict XVI would leave office before the fact. We came to the same conclusion quite differently: I studied Daniel and Revelation, while they used the Malachy list, “published by a Benedictine monk Arnold Wion in 1595.” Wion was a contemporary of Nostradamus (1503-1566). Note Ellen White’s comment and the timing of Wion’s publication:
Quote:
But Satan was not idle. He now attempted what he has attempted in every other reformatory movement, —to deceive and destroy the people by palming off upon them a counterfeit in place of the true work. As there were false christs in the first century of the Christian church, so there arose false prophets in the sixteenth century.

Were you expecting Benedict XVI to leave office before it happened in 2013? Satan was! He understood it in the 16th century (1595). Was your pastor or tv guru teaching the Present Truth to prepare you for what is ahead? Are they prayerfully studying Bible prophecy to learn what is coming? Or are they relying on erroneous prophetic teachings?

Without some understanding of the meaning of Bible prophecy, it would have been impossible for me to accurately tweet before Benedict XVI resigned that he has a short time left (9/3/11 & May 2012); that 2012 is his last year (March & April 2012); that his time ends before May 2013 (July 2012); and he might last till spring 2013 (9/30/12). The more I prayerfully study prophecy, the more I understand it. My knowledge increased! Benedict was a short timer. His last year to head the papacy was 2012. He resigned before May 2013, and he did not last in office until the spring 2013.

After I partially understood Pope Benedict XVI’s place in Bible prophecy, and declared the prophetic fulfilment before it came about, a friend dogmatically told me “Popes are not in Bible prophecy!” If that friend’s understanding were true, it would not be written “I considered the horns, and, behold, there came up among them another little horn, before whom there were three of the first horns plucked up by the roots: and, behold, in this horn [were] eyes like the eyes of man, and a mouth speaking great things” (Daniel 7:8).

Another friend advised: “Prophecy isn’t so much about us seeing the future, but when it comes to pass, we can know God is in charge and believe.” How can the fulfillment of prophecy confirm our belief that God is in charge if we do not at least partially grasp the meaning of Bible prophecy when it is fulfilled? Though God revealed that Benedict XVI would only continue for a short space, centuries before he reigned, who could know that Pope Benedict XVI fulfilled prophecy if they did not have any idea that the prophecy was about him? And with Satan’s counterfeit prophecy being so close to Bible prophecy, how are we to discern what really is TRUTH?

Both friends were explaining away something that they did not understand rather than to look a little closer. All would do well to guard our influence for God’s cause or our influence will not be “in union with the Spirit and work of God.” Those who fail on this point “are not going forward but backward. The opinions of unbelievers are having too great an influence” upon our minds. Everything of a character to cause our brethren to be diverted from the very points now essential for this time should be kept in the background.
Quote:
The great crisis is just before us. To meet its trials and temptations, and to perform its duties, will require persevering faith. But we may triumph gloriously; not one watching, praying, believing soul will be ensnared by the enemy.

"Ignorance is sin, when knowledge can be obtained" (HR, September 1, 1866 par. 3). www.loudcry101.com
Re: Concern over President Trump's Impeachment [Re: His child] #189629
06/01/19 06:14 AM
06/01/19 06:14 AM
His child  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
Truth or Fake News?
Though Quale and Horn did get Pope Benedict XVI’s resignation right, they went on to make other predictions that are quite popular today, but contrary to sound doctrine. Thus, biblical truth is battling counterfeit truth: Fake News!
Quote:
Those who place themselves under God's control, to be led and guided by Him, will catch the steady tread of the events ordained by Him to take place.

Quote:
Today we are to consider the dealings of God with the nations of the earth. We are to see in history the fulfillment of prophecy, to study the workings of Providence in the great reformatory movements, and to understand the progress of events…

Quote:
[Because] “some who love to hear and tell some new thing have grieved you, have injured you… you have in your mind censured those who did not deserve censure, and [have] been suspicious of those whom you could safely trust. When you take the position you should, then your heart will be strongly knit with your brethren and sisters, and their hearts will be knit with yours, but you have been weaning yourself from your brethren and the cause exists in yourself. You are not willing to be led and instructed.”

Quote:
Brethren, to whom the truths of God’s word have been opened, what part will you act in the closing scenes of this world’s history? Are you awake to these solemn realities? Do you realize the grand work of preparation that is going on in heaven and on earth? Let all who have received the light, who have had the opportunity of reading and hearing the prophecy, take heed to those things that are written therein; “for the time is at hand.” Let none now tamper with sin, the source of every misery in our world. No longer remain in lethargy and stupid indifference. Let not the destiny of your soul hang upon an uncertainty. Know that you are fully on the Lord’s side. Let the inquiry go forth from sincere hearts and trembling lips, “Who shall be able to stand?” Have you, in these last precious hours of probation, been putting the very best material into your character-building? Have you been purifying your souls from every stain? Have you followed the light? Have your works corresponded to your profession of faith? Is the softening, subduing influence of the grace of God working upon you? Have you hearts that can feel, eyes that can see, ears that can hear? Is it in vain that the declaration of eternal truth has been made concerning the nations of the earth? They are under condemnation, preparing for the judgments of God; and in this day, which is big with eternal results, the people chosen to be the depositaries of momentous truth ought to be abiding in Christ.

Quote:
How little effect the solemn truths relating to these last days have upon the minds and hearts of those who claim to believe the truth.

Quote:
The Bible is but yet dimly understood. A life-long prayerful study of its sacred revealings will leave still much unexplained. It is the deep movings of the Spirit of God that is needed to operate upon the heart to mold character, to open the communication between God and the soul, before the deep truths will be unraveled. Man has to learn himself before God can do great things for him. The little knowledge imparted might be a hundred-fold greater if the mind and character were balanced by the holy enlightenment of the Spirit of God. Altogether too little meekness and humility are brought into the work of searching for the truth as for hidden treasures, and if the truth were taught as it is in Jesus, there would be a hundredfold greater power, and it would be a converting power upon human hearts, but everything is so mingled with self that the wisdom from above cannot be imparted.

Re: Concern over President Trump's Impeachment [Re: His child] #189632
06/01/19 06:28 PM
06/01/19 06:28 PM
His child  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
Truth Skewed by Tradition?

How can God’s people be sure that they are rightly dividing the word of truth with so many counterfeit and contradictory teachings existing? All of it cannot be right.

Christ’s Coming in 1843 sounded right to thousands, but He did not come. “The same evidence which they had presented to show that the prophetic periods closed in 1843, proved that they would terminate in 1844.” Christ did not come in 1844 either: Wrong again! “The 2300 days terminated in the year 1844, and that the great event represented by the cleansing of the sanctuary must then take place.”
Quote:
Our disappointment in 1844 was not because of failure in the reckoning of prophetic periods, but in the events to take place. The earth was believed to be the sanctuary. But the sanctuary which was to be cleansed at the end of the prophetic periods was the heavenly sanctuary and not the earth as we all supposed. The Saviour did enter the Most Holy Place in 1844 to cleanse the sanctuary and the investigative judgment had commenced for the dead.

God led the waiting Advent believers (the Adventists) with time prophecies in the past (1843 & 1844). Rejecting time prophecies after 1844 is forgetting how God has led His people in the past! Forgetting how God leads His people will have terrible consequences in the future! “My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee” (Hosea 4:6).
Quote:
We have nothing to fear for the future, except as we shall forget the way the Lord has led us, and His teaching in our past history.

Quote:
God's Spirit will never lead one in a course that is contrary to His word, or that leads to separation from that people who are giving the last message of mercy.

Infallibility of prophetic understanding was not how God led His people in 1843 & 44. It is not how God is leading us now. Those, who expect to grasp everything, without any misunderstandings along the way, will be disappointed.
The 1843 & 44 studies were not completely right, nor were they completely wrong: Those insights were what had been revealed from studying God’s word at the time (tainted by tradition). When Christ did not come, the Adventists restudied the Bible, and God revealed more truth about the Sanctuary: But it could only be proved by faith. After knowledge increased about heaven’s Sanctuary, unbelievers called it backpedaling, and others set dates in the future.
Quote:
The repeated efforts to find new dates for the beginning and close of the prophetic periods, and the unsound reasoning necessary to sustain these positions, not only lead minds away from the present truth, but throw contempt upon all efforts to explain the prophecies. The more frequently a definite time is set for the Second Advent, and the more widely it is taught, the better it suits the purposes of Satan. After the time has passed, he excites ridicule and contempt of its advocates, and thus casts reproach upon the great Advent movement of 1843 and 1844. Those who persist in this error will at last fix upon a date too far in the future for the coming of Christ. Thus, they will be led to rest in a false security, and many will not be undeceived until it is too late.

Quote:
God is declared in all His dealings with His people; and with clear, unclouded eyes, in adversity, in sickness, in disappointment, and in trial, we are to behold the light of His glory in the face of Christ, and trust to His guiding hand. But too often we grieve His heart by our unbelief. Our faith is short-sighted, and we allow trial to strengthen our natural tendency to distrust. Brought into strait places, we dishonor God by murmuring and complaining. Instead, we should help those in need of assistance, those who are seeking for light, but know not how to find it.

Re: Concern over President Trump's Impeachment [Re: His child] #189635
06/02/19 08:38 AM
06/02/19 08:38 AM
His child  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
Finding Truth
William Miller, the Baptist Minister behind the Great Advent Awakening, discovered the 1843-44 dates from the time prophecy in Daniel 8:14. He wondered when the 2300 days were to begin. He had learned that a day in Bible prophecy can be a year. Daniel 9 revealed the starting-point.
Quote:
From the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince (Daniel 9:25).

Can we find when the decree to restore Jerusalem was issued? The first Babylonian siege of Jerusalem was in the third year of the reign of Jehoiakim king of Judah (605 BC), when God gave Jerusalem to King Nebuchadnezzar (cf Daniel 1:1-2). Jeremiah also prophesied, “After seventy years be accomplished at Babylon, I will visit you…to return to this place” (Jeremiah 29:10, ed). Babylon’s 605 BC conquest of Jerusalem, would last until 535 BC.
Quote:
In the first year of his reign [King Darius the Mede] I Daniel understood by books the number of the years, whereof the word of the LORD came to Jeremiah the prophet, that He would accomplish seventy years in the desolations of Jerusalem (Daniel 9:2).

Quote:
The year that Cyrus succeeded Darius the Mede to the throne of Medo-Persia marked the completion of seventy years since the first company of Hebrews had been carried captive to Babylon by Nebuchadnezzar.

Jerusalem fell........................605 BC
..........................................-70 years
The captivity ends...................535 BC

Quote:
In the first year of Cyrus the king of Babylon the same king Cyrus made a decree to build this house of God (Ezra 5:13, ed).

A hundred years before Jerusalem fell, before the Jews went into captivity, Isaiah had prophesied of the reign of King Cyrus and of the Restoration. Cyrus fulfilled the prophecy:
Quote:
Cyrus, he is My shepherd, and shall perform all My pleasure: even saying to Jerusalem, Thou shalt be built; and to the temple, Thy foundation shall be laid (Isaiah 44:28).

Quote:
I have raised him [Cyrus] up in righteousness, and I will direct all his ways: he shall build My city, and he shall let go My captives, not for price nor reward, saith the Lord of hosts (45:13).

Re: Concern over President Trump's Impeachment [Re: His child] #189636
06/02/19 11:01 PM
06/02/19 11:01 PM
dedication  Online Content
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
But HC, how I wish you really read those quotes you are posting, for they do not support your method of prophetic interpretation.

Quote:
A. T. Jones offered this insight: “It has been a proverb that ‘history repeats itself.’ And in that lies the truth that history is in itself prophecy which conveys to the careful and wise student instruction and admonitions concerning important movements in his own day and nation.”

Are your interpretations looking at the prophecies that have been fulfilled and studying the history of their fulfillment and from that history realizing something about the last days?
OR -- is your interpretation ignoring history, and taking the fulfilled prophecies and making them new prophecies predicting something completely different?

For example:

The prophecies on the French Revolution
We find EGW saying that history will be repeated.

What I see you doing is taking the prophecy and figuring out some sequence of presidents and vice presidents, that seems to be central theme of your so called "present truth" .. (what I'm remembering at the moment is the Gore/Clinton scenario -- and I confess after being exposed to your interpretations for over 20 years, I do sometimes get them mixed up, but I do know they've failed time and time again, it's only Benedicts resignation that happened to actually occur, but that's a VERY low percentage.)

But back to the prophecies on the French Revolution --

What is the context of EGW's words that "history is to be repeated", in regards to Rev. 11 and the French Revolution?

" The Lord calls for His people to locate away from the cities, ....Let all who would understand the meaning of these things read the eleventh chapter of Revelation."

She's not saying, reinterpret Rev. 11 to determine who will be the last president, etc. -- NO! she is saying reflect on what happened in unhappy France, think about WHY it happened, for the same THINGS will happen again.

" Unhappy France reaped in blood the harvest she had sown. Terrible were the results of her submission to the controlling power of Rome. GC88, 282)

Same pattern will be repeated.
When countries (like the USA) submit to the controlling power of Rome, terrible will be the results.

The people of the United States have been a favored people; but when they restrict religious liberty, surrender Protestantism, and give countenance to popery, the measure of their guilt will be full, and "national apostasy" will be registered in the books of heaven. The result of this apostasy will be national ruin. {Mar 216.2}

Ever wonder how the "ten horns" turn on the "woman" in Revelation 17 -- just study history -- what happened in France.

Yes, we need to open our eyes to what's going on in the world today. But don't turn the waymarks of prophecy into totally new and different prophecies and go looking for some president -- rather study how these prophecies were forfilled in the past -- the THINGS, that happened then will be repeated --

See how the very THINGS that took place in history are being brought back today and gaining acceptance and power.
Those who forget HISTORY and don't learn from it are going to repeat it.

That history will repeat, no matter what man happens to be in the president's chair. It will be PEOPLE themselves, and leaders within the population -- that agitate, (are already openly agitating) the coming crises.
Just study Rev. 11 and the commentary on it in Great Controversy chapter 15.

AND get out of the big cities --

But most important, seek first the kingdom of God and all His righteousness.

Re: Concern over President Trump's Impeachment [Re: dedication] #189637
06/03/19 05:57 AM
06/03/19 05:57 AM
His child  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
Originally Posted By: dedication
But HC, how I wish you really read those quotes you are posting, for they do not support your method of prophetic interpretation...
See how the very THINGS that took place in history are being brought back today and gaining acceptance and power.
Those who forget HISTORY and don't learn from it are going to repeat it...

But most important, seek first the kingdom of God and all His righteousness.

dedication,
I am expecting you and everyone on this forum, who is spiritually minded to help me see what I am missing if at any point along the way I miss something in the prophetic chain. After all that is one of the reasons that we "study together" rather than going off by ourselves solo as we "seek first the kingdom of God and all His righteousness."

thus we continue:

Temple Destroyed in Long Time

After King Nebuchadnezzar, the Babylonian, had captured Jerusalem twice, Ezekiel prophesied of the 3rd and final fall: “The city, [even] Jerusalem lay siege against it…I have appointed…each day for a year” (Ezekiel 4:1, 3, 6, ed).

In Ezekiel’s prophecy of the destruction of Jerusalem and the Temple, God appointed a day to symbolize a year, which is called long time. Daniel cited long time in his prophecy: “A thing was revealed unto Daniel…and the thing was true, but the time appointed was long…the vision is for many days” (Daniel 10:1, 14, ed).

In fulfillment of Ezekiel’s long time/day for a year prophecy, King Nebuchadnezzar of Babylon besieged and captured Jerusalem the third time. He destroyed the Temple as Ezekiel had prophesied years earlier. Since the Temple’s destruction was linked to long time/a day for a year, its restoration must also be linked to long time/a day for a year.

The Temple in Jerusalem was essential to the Plan of Salvation. The sanctuary services performed in it included sinners offering sacrifices to atone for their sins, the priests offering morning and evening sacrifices daily, and the High Priest cleansing the Sanctuary yearly; thus, indicating that God forgave His people and removed the records of their sins from the Sanctuary. It was a big deal! King David understood the importance of God’s Sanctuary.

Quote:
The LORD hear thee in the day of trouble; the name of the God of Jacob defend thee; Send thee help from the Sanctuary (Psalms 20:1-2).

The Babylonian destruction of Solomon’s Temple was a big deal too. How would God’s people seek forgiveness without a Temple in Jerusalem and its Sanctuary Services? When Solomon dedicated the Temple, his prayer gave some insight into its importance:

Quote:
O LORD my God…That Thine eyes may be open toward this house night and day, [even] toward the place of which Thou hast said, My name shall be there: that Thou mayest hearken unto the prayer which Thy servant shall make toward this place. And hearken Thou to the supplication of Thy servant, and of Thy people Israel, when they shall pray toward this place: and hear Thou in heaven Thy dwelling place: and when Thou hearest, forgive…When Thy people Israel be smitten down before the enemy, because they have sinned against Thee, and shall turn again to Thee, and confess Thy name, and pray, and make supplication unto Thee in this house: Then hear thou in heaven, and forgive the sin of Thy people Israel, and bring them again unto the land which Thou gavest unto their fathers (1 Kings 8:28-30, 33-34).

Quote:
O Lord, according to all thy righteousness, I beseech Thee, let Thine anger and Thy fury be turned away from Thy city Jerusalem, Thy holy mountain: because for our sins, and for the iniquities of our fathers, Jerusalem and Thy people [are become] a reproach to all [that are] about us. Now therefore, O our God, hear the prayer of Thy servant, and his supplications, and cause Thy face to shine upon Thy Sanctuary that is desolate, for the Lord’s sake (Daniel 9:16-17).

Re: Concern over President Trump's Impeachment [Re: His child] #189646
06/03/19 07:33 PM
06/03/19 07:33 PM
His child  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
70 years Doubled

The state of the Sanctuary/Temple and Jerusalem concerned Daniel. It must have given him hope when the Lord revealed: “[Unto] two thousand and three hundred days; then shall the sanctuary be cleansed” (Daniel 8:14). But there was no Sanctuary in Jerusalem to cleanse. Thus, there was much that Daniel could not understand, and that he still wanted to know.

Unto is not in the original text of Daniel 8:14. The word after could easily have been used: After two thousand and three hundred days; then shall the sanctuary be cleansed.

In spite of the 70 years being fulfilled and in spite of King Cyrus’ decree being issued on time, the Temple was in ruins, Jerusalem had not yet been rebuilt and many Jews remained in Babylon. The prophecies were not yet completely fulfilled, for the Lord had also said:

Quote:
I will bring them again into their land…first I will recompense their iniquity and their sin double (Jeremiah 16:15, 18, ed).

Jerusalem fell.............................605 BC
70 years doubled........................-140 years
Temple built/Captivity ends............465 BC

The 70 years of Jewish captivity that had ended in the reign of Cyrus were doubled to 140 years from the 605 BC fall of Jerusalem to 465 BC, King Artaxerxes’ ascension year, when he finished his father’s official Last Year. According to Babylonian and Persian custom: A king ruled from New Year’s Day in March to the next New Year’s Day. Thus, there was a brief tarrying time between the end of the 140 years and the beginning of Artaxerxes’ reign. Counting from 464 BC (King Artaxerxes’ First Year), Ezra “came to Jerusalem in the fifth month, which [was] in the seventh year of the king…on the first [day] of the fifth month came he to Jerusalem” (Ezra 7:8-9, ed).

The Temple had been finished “on the third day of the month Adar, which was in the sixth year of the reign of Darius” (Ezra 6:15). But the prophecies were not completely fulfilled, as Ezra explained, “The elders of the Jews builded …and finished it, according to the commandment of the God of Israel, and according to the commandment of Cyrus, and Darius, and Artaxerxes king of Persia” (6:14, ed).

If the prophecy had been completely fulfilled when the Temple was finished in the reign of King Darius, the decree of Artaxerxes would not have been needed. His decree, that fulfilled the prophecy, was issued in 457 BC.

For Bible prophetic calculations, a year has 360 days. Based on Daniel 8:14, the 2300-day prophecy [2300÷360] was 6 years, 4 months, and 20 days. Thus, 6 years and 4 months into Artaxerxes’ reign, Ezra arrived in Jerusalem on the 1st day of the 5th month, which was 19 days before the literal 2300-day prophecy ended. Thus, after 2300 literal days were fulfilled in King Artaxerxes’ 7th year, the rebuilt Sanctuary in Jerusalem was cleansed on the Day of Atonement in 457 BC according to the king’s decree:
Quote:
I Artaxerxes the king, do make a decree… whosoever will not do the law of thy God, and the law of the king, let judgment be executed speedily upon him (Ezra 7:21, 26).

Artaxerxes decree linked the cleansing of the rebuilt Sanctuary to Judgment. At the end of the 140 years and the literal 2300 days, this decree more completely fulfilled the prophecy than the earlier decrees of Cyrus and Darius. But the 457 BC cleansing of the Sanctuary did not completely fulfill every condition in Daniel 8:14. The word translated as cleansed means: To be put or made right, be justified. This cleansing of the Sanctuary did not completely make the Sanctuary right, because it had to be cleansed yearly.

Re: Concern over President Trump's Impeachment [Re: His child] #189647
06/04/19 06:54 AM
06/04/19 06:54 AM
His child  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
The 2300-year Prophecy

The 457 BC cleansing of the Sanctuary foreshadows a more complete final fulfillment of Daniel 8:14 that occurs at the end of 2300 years, which in turn foreshadows a more complete final fulfillment. The Temple in heaven will be completely cleansed, only when Jesus stands and declares:
Quote:
He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still. And, behold, I come quickly; and My reward [is] with Me, to give every man according as his work shall be (Revelation 22:11-12).

Quote:
From the date of the decree of the king of Persia, found in Ezra 7… given in 457 before Christ, the 2300 years of Daniel 8:14 must terminate with 1843.[1]

...................................2300 years
Starting...........................-457 BC
Ending.............................1843 AD

Quote:
The 1843 chart was directed by the hand of the Lord, and that it should not be altered; that the figures were as He wanted them.[2]

Quote:
Those faithful…ones, who could not understand why their Lord did not come, were not left in darkness. Again, they were led to their Bibles to search the prophetic periods... They saw that the prophetic periods reached to 1844, and that the same evidence they had presented to show that the prophetic periods closed in 1843, proved that they would terminate in 1844. Light from the word of God shone upon their position, and they discovered a tarrying time. --If the vision tarry, wait for it. --In their love for Jesus’ immediate coming, they had overlooked the tarrying of the vision, which was calculated to manifest the true waiting ones.[3]

Does the same evidence about the 2300-year prophecy that began in 457 BC and ended in 1843 prove that it will end in 1844? For the same evidence to prove both dates to be true, the 2300-years must have more than one fulfillment.

When Christ did not come in 1843, when the 2300 years were fulfilled, the Adventists assumed that the date was the error rather than the event, which was the real problem because of the traditional view that the earth was the sanctuary. They went back to the Bible to learn that when BC changed to AD, there was no year zero. When the missing year was added, the prophecy ended in 1844. Therefore, the 2300-year prophecy that had one start date, had two end dates. Further Bible study revealed that the sanctuary that was to be cleanse was in Heaven.

70 x 7 weeks/years allotted to Jews.................490 years
Starting...................................................-457 BC
490 years ended...........................................33 AD
No year zero between BC/AD...........................+1
Stoning of Stephen/gospel to the gentiles............34 AD
2300-490=years remaining...........................+1810 years
2300 years ended.......................................1844 AD

It is like friends in Nashville and Chattanooga (separated by a time zone) doing lunch at noon. The time zone must be specified or one may be an hour early or an hour late. From the BC perspective, the 2300 years ended in 1843. From the AD perspective (on the other side of the time zone), they ended in 1844. Thus, both dates are correct and important.
Quote:
They were correct in their reckoning of the prophetic periods; prophetic time closed in 1844, and Jesus entered the most holy place to cleanse the sanctuary at the ending of the days.[4]

The 2300 days were fulfilled twice in long time, i.e., the 2300 years ran concurrently from 457 BC to end in 1843 & 1844. They had a partial fulfillment when they ended the first time in 1843, and a more complete fulfillment, when they ended the second time in 1844: The final long-time fulfillment began and ended on the Day of Atonement.
Quote:
The decree of Artaxerxes for the restoration of Jerusalem, which formed the starting-point for the period of the 2300 days, went into effect in the autumn of the year B. C. 457... Reckoning from the autumn of 457, the 2300 years terminate in the autumn of 1844.[5]

God’s timing is perfect! From 605 BC, the 70 years that Jeremiah prophesied were doubled: The 140 years ended in 465 BC. A tarrying time intervened. After 2300 days; the rebuilt Sanctuary was cleansed as Daniel had prophesied. Thus, God established 457 BC to end the Temple’s desolation and to start the 2300-year countdown to 1843 and 1844 AD with a brief tarrying time included to try the faithful. Thus, God made an allowance for the transition between BC and AD. In 1844, in the fulfillment of the 2300 years of Daniel 8:14, Christ stood for His people, and the cleansing of the Sanctuary in heaven began. God’s word was and is True.

Page 4 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 13

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by Rick H. 06/01/24 09:38 AM
Soul and Body sleep
by dedication. 05/31/24 04:10 PM
Messages for This Time
by Rick H. 05/30/24 09:44 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/28/24 02:32 PM
Meaning of Lazarus and the Rich Man
by dedication. 05/27/24 10:56 PM
What is the Biblical Reckoning of a Day?
by dedication. 05/27/24 01:26 AM
The Flood
by Rick H. 05/25/24 09:12 AM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/21/24 02:04 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by ProdigalOne. 06/01/24 02:51 AM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 05/30/24 09:50 AM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by dedication. 05/29/24 01:05 AM
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by dedication. 05/28/24 12:05 AM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!