HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
Trainor, ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina
1324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,661
Members1,324
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 18
kland 6
Daryl 1
June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Member Spotlight
Kevin H
Kevin H
New York
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (dedication, Daryl, daylily, ProdigalOne, 2 invisible), 2,937 guests, and 10 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 10 of 13 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13
Re: Concern over President Trump's Impeachment [Re: His child] #189949
07/02/19 02:03 PM
07/02/19 02:03 PM
J
James Peterson  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2019

Dedicated Member
Canada
Originally Posted by His child
Originally Posted by James Peterson
Jesus fulfilled the LAW. It is finished.

He said, "O foolish one, and slow of heart to believe in all that the prophets have spoken! Ought not the Christ to have suffered these things and to enter into His glory?" And beginning at Moses (THE LAW) and all the Prophets, He expounded to them in all the Scriptures the things concerning Himself.

--- Luke 24:25-27

///

Yom Kippur comes between Sept and October yearly and it reminds us that Jesus is still working out our salvation.

That's not Biblical. That is VERY far from the truth. The Book of Hebrews encourages us, "Seeing then that we have a great High Priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession. For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin. Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace (typified by the Mercy Seat in the Most Holy Place), that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need." Heb. 4:14-16

And that was since the first century AD. Christ's work on our behalf was finished since that time, in the days of Calvary!

It is written, "After this, Jesus, knowing that all things were now accomplished, that the Scripture might be fulfilled, said, I thirst! ... So when Jesus had received the sour wine, He said, It is finished! And bowing His head, He gave up His spirit." John 19:28-30

///

Re: Concern over President Trump's Impeachment [Re: kland] #189960
07/03/19 07:04 AM
07/03/19 07:04 AM
His child  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
Originally Posted by kland
but how do you prove that 10 Tishrei fell on September 27 since September is from the Gregorian Calendar which is not in the Bible.
I think you just said that you haven't a clue!
No matter what calendar system you use, there should be a certain day that 10 Tishrei falls on. Provided you know when the Jewish calendar system starts, and what starts it.

Those who use the Hebrew calendar have correlated it with the Gregorian through the centuries. You may reinvent the wheel and pat yourself on your back for your great accomplishment. I may choose to go to Walmart and buy one that someone else has made.

your argument is basically asserting that the world is flat because you cannot prove it is a sphere. I am not going to waste time on foolishness and parley with you.

If you do not think that Yom Kippur was on 27 September 2001, please show evidence from the Bible to prove your assertion.

Last edited by His child; 07/03/19 07:13 AM. Reason: formatting correction

"Ignorance is sin, when knowledge can be obtained" (HR, September 1, 1866 par. 3). www.loudcry101.com
Re: Concern over President Trump's Impeachment [Re: James Peterson] #189961
07/03/19 07:28 AM
07/03/19 07:28 AM
His child  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA

Yom Kippur comes between Sept and October yearly and it reminds us that Jesus is still working out our salvation.

That's not Biblical. That is VERY far from the truth. The Book of Hebrews encourages us, "Seeing then that we have a great High Priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession. For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin. Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace (typified by the Mercy Seat in the Most Holy Place), that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need." Heb. 4:14-16

And that was since the first century AD. Christ's work on our behalf was finished since that time, in the days of Calvary!

It is written, "After this, Jesus, knowing that all things were now accomplished, that the Scripture might be fulfilled, said, I thirst! ... So when Jesus had received the sour wine, He said, It is finished! And bowing His head, He gave up His spirit." John 19:28-30

///

James,
Are you arguing that Yom Kippur does not come between September and October yearly?
Or are you trying to say that Christ's work in our salvation ended at Calvary?

Revelation 3:5 "He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before My Father, and before His angels."

If Christ's work was finished at Calvary, Do you not want Christ to confess you name before His Father?

1 John 2:1 "My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:"

Do you not want Jesus to be your Advocate before God in Heaven?

"Ignorance is sin, when knowledge can be obtained" (HR, September 1, 1866 par. 3). www.loudcry101.com
Re: Concern over President Trump's Impeachment [Re: His child] #189963
07/03/19 11:41 AM
07/03/19 11:41 AM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
but how do you prove that 10 Tishrei fell on September 27 since September is from the Gregorian Calendar which is not in the Bible.
I think you just said that you haven't a clue!
No matter what calendar system you use, there should be a certain day that 10 Tishrei falls on. Provided you know when the Jewish calendar system starts, and what starts it.

Those who use the Hebrew calendar have correlated it with the Gregorian through the centuries. You may reinvent the wheel and pat yourself on your back for your great accomplishment. I may choose to go to Walmart and buy one that someone else has made.
His child: Because someone else says so.
No doubt, you expect us to believe anything you say because, you said so.

your argument is basically asserting that the world is flat because you cannot prove it is a sphere.
Not so. It would be a fair comparison if I had said it came on 27 October 2001 or some other date, prove otherwise.
But I did not.
I asked you to support your statement, to show what you say is true.

I am not going to waste time on foolishness and parley with you.

You just do not know!

Another Omega is a "W" moment.

You are basing your imaginary prophecy on something you cannot stand behind!!!!

Re: Concern over President Trump's Impeachment [Re: His child] #189964
07/03/19 11:56 AM
07/03/19 11:56 AM
J
James Peterson  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2019

Dedicated Member
Canada
James,
Are you arguing that Yom Kippur does not come between September and October yearly?
Or are you trying to say that Christ's work in our salvation ended at Calvary?

Revelation 3:5 "He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before My Father, and before His angels."

If Christ's work was finished at Calvary, Do you not want Christ to confess you name before His Father?

1 John 2:1 "My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:"

Do you not want Jesus to be your Advocate before God in Heaven?

Where in Leviticus 16 is there any mention of the High Priest going into the Most Holy Place, opening a book and scratching out names, hmmm? SDA holler, bawl and scream "Type, Type, Type and the Antitype!" But when asked where, they stammer, stumble and fall. Then they mumble something which they themselves don't even understand.

///

Re: Concern over President Trump's Impeachment [Re: kland] #189969
07/04/19 06:31 AM
07/04/19 06:31 AM
His child  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA

Another Omega is a "W" moment.

You are basing your imaginary prophecy on something you cannot stand behind!!!!

The evidence was presented in the original post. You ignored it or rejected it, and acted like it was not there. I took the bait and wasted too much time so that you could rack up brownie points in your self-confident skepticism.

We are told that Christ's coming will be as it was in the days of Noah.
Some folks strengthened their skepticism until it began to rain.
Then they saw their folly when it was to late, too late.

the omega W is a duo U

Re: Concern over President Trump's Impeachment [Re: James Peterson] #189970
07/04/19 06:57 AM
07/04/19 06:57 AM
His child  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2020
Very Dedicated Member
TN, USA
Where in Leviticus 16 is there any mention of the High Priest going into the Most Holy Place, opening a book and scratching out names, hmmm?
///

James,

The text that you requested is:

And he shall make an atonement for the holy sanctuary, and he shall make an atonement for the tabernacle of the congregation, and for the altar, and he shall make an atonement for the priests, and for all the people of the congregation (Leviticus 1616:33)

When sins were confessed, the sinner placed his hands upon the head of the sacrifice. He killed it and its blood was poured under the altar.

The act of pouring the blood under the altar bore witness that someone had sinned and repented of their sins. When atonement was made for the altar, the sins that were repented of were erased if the sinner was truly repentant and "afflicting" themselves on Yon Kippur.

And [this] shall be a statute for ever unto you: [that] in the seventh month, on the tenth [day] of the month, ye shall afflict your souls, and do no work at all, [whether it be] one of your own country, or a stranger that sojourneth among you: Leviticus 16:29

Calvary was where Christ (the Lamb of God) made the Sacrifice for our sins. When Jesus ascended to heaven to present Himself before the Father the record of our confessed and forsaken sins were taken to heaven to the presence of God. When Jesus confesses our names before the Father and His angels, Jesus is declaring that we have truly repented of our sins and accepted Him as our Sacrifice. This is the Sacrifice and Oblation.

The Sacrifice is Jesus, the Oblation is our accepting Him as our Savior and Him accepting us as His child.

I hope that clears it up for you.
Christian regards

Re: Concern over President Trump's Impeachment [Re: His child] #189978
07/04/19 05:04 PM
07/04/19 05:04 PM
J
James Peterson  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2019

Dedicated Member
Canada
Originally Posted by His Child
When Jesus ascended to heaven to present Himself before the Father the record of our confessed and forsaken sins were taken to heaven to the presence of God.

And the Biblical evidence for this is? ....

///

Re: Concern over President Trump's Impeachment [Re: James Peterson] #189979
07/04/19 07:06 PM
07/04/19 07:06 PM
Daryl  Online Canadian

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
When Jesus ascended to heaven to present Himself before the Father the record of our confessed and forsaken sins were taken to heaven to the presence of God.

///

I would ask, does this go against the Bible?

In His Love, Mercy & Grace,

Daryl smile

John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

http://www.christians-discuss.com/forum/index.php
Re: Concern over President Trump's Impeachment [Re: Daryl] #189980
07/04/19 09:42 PM
07/04/19 09:42 PM
J
James Peterson  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2019

Dedicated Member
Canada
Originally Posted by Daryl

///

I would ask, does this go against the Bible?

Of course!

Jesus Christ was "the Lamb of God," according to John the Baptist, "who takes away the sin of the world." John 1:29. He didn't take it anywhere. He took it all away. John did NOT say that Jesus was the Lamb of God who took the sin of the world somewhere. In other words, Calvary stands as the overarching evidence that the sin of the world was forgiven, thrown into the depths of the sea, never more to be remembered.

That is why Jesus told Nicodemus, "For God so loved the world, that He gave His Only-begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life." John 3:16 And He showed an example of this with the thief on the cross, "Assuredly, I say to you today," He said, "you will be with Me in Paradise." Luke 23:43. Based solely on an act of faith in Him.

The Book of Hebrews assures us, "For by one offering He has perfected forever those who are being sanctified." Heb. 10:14 Perfected as in cleansed, atoned for completely. It is our responsibility thereafter to respond accordingly to that gift of salvation. That's all.

"My little children, these things I write to you, so that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous. And He Himself is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the whole world." 1 John 2:1-2

In the Shoutchat Box, you asked for donations to cover the expense of upgrade and maintenance. Nevertheless, you provided this opportunity out of the genuine kindness of your heart and a desire to see community engagement among believers. You did it without any member ever asking it of you first. Once and for all. Your joy and happiness is found in members interacting in Christian grace with each other. Think of salvation like that. The ONE sacrifice you made is like that: for the whole world, especially for those who accept your provision.

There is nothing besides that but an "eternal" rest of peace and conversation in your presence!
Romans 8:14

///

Page 10 of 13 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by Rick H. 06/01/24 09:38 AM
Soul and Body sleep
by dedication. 05/31/24 04:10 PM
Messages for This Time
by Rick H. 05/30/24 09:44 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/28/24 02:32 PM
Meaning of Lazarus and the Rich Man
by dedication. 05/27/24 10:56 PM
What is the Biblical Reckoning of a Day?
by dedication. 05/27/24 01:26 AM
The Flood
by Rick H. 05/25/24 09:12 AM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/21/24 02:04 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by ProdigalOne. 06/01/24 02:51 AM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 05/30/24 09:50 AM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by dedication. 05/29/24 01:05 AM
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by dedication. 05/28/24 12:05 AM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!