HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,608
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 16
kland 9
Daryl 3
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
ProdigalOne
ProdigalOne
Alberta, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
5 registered members (Karen Y, dedication, ProdigalOne, 2 invisible), 3,131 guests, and 13 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
The National Sex Offender Registry #20727
03/01/06 10:14 AM
03/01/06 10:14 AM
Tammy Roesch  Offline OP
North East OHIO
Well, I don't know about you all, but I think this is a very good site to have access to. It is very easy to use, and gives alot of information. Just plug in your address and zip code, and up will come all the registred sex offenders near you. If you live in the city, you will be amazed how many there are, and how close to you they are!

http://www.familywatchdog.us/

Re: The National Sex Offender Registry #20728
03/02/06 10:13 PM
03/02/06 10:13 PM
L
liane  Offline
Deceased Member (July 2009)
Bishop, CA
Having seen both sides of this issue as I have a friend who's son is on one of these lists that I know of this really is something that I believe that has taken a life of its own and been turned upside down and has gone way to far due to fear and misunderstanding.

All need to take a far more realistic study of this issue and realize that not is all well with a lot of the problems not being delt here.

Liane, the Zoo Mama

Re: The National Sex Offender Registry #20729
03/03/06 01:22 PM
03/03/06 01:22 PM
Tammy Roesch  Offline OP
North East OHIO
I'm not sure I am understanding what you are saying, here, Liane. I am sure that the list is not perfect and that there are a few on the list, who should not be there, but, at the same time, I think the vast majority of those on the list deserve to be there and it gives the rest of society a little warning, as imperfect as it may be.

Re: The National Sex Offender Registry #20730
03/04/06 01:41 PM
03/04/06 01:41 PM
Cheri Fritz  Offline
Gloversville, NY, USA
Dear Sr. Tammy,

This subject came up last year in a ladies group.

We are all guilty of sin. None of us are better than the other, for sin is sin. Every sin no matter how evil humanity grades the severity of wrong doing(sin), every sin separation from God.

We must remember that this list is brought about by lack of fear in God.It is a product of the world.

What good does this list do for God's people? None that I see if we are truly His because He teaches us to be wise, and to bring our children beneath our wings and to never lose sight of them.

Your Sister in Christ Jesus,
Cheri Fritz

Re: The National Sex Offender Registry #20731
03/04/06 06:05 PM
03/04/06 06:05 PM
L
liane  Offline
Bishop, CA
Dear Sister Tammy:

I speak from a personal experience of not only being a victim of incest and rape, but as one who knows a young man who's life has been made worse by this list.

My friend's son committed incest with his niece four years ago. He served five months in jail and is in his last year of probation, but he is on this list and a few others.

He did a terrible thing to his niece, but that does not warrant him being on this list or any other.

This list and others should be for the most severe and long standing men and women that warrant such a list, but for a far more this has gone way to far due to false information, fear and mob attitude.

I have seen this young man suffer way beyond what he sould be suffering. He feared telling me what had happened because of my own background, but one day he just could not hold it in anymore.

Even his mother who I have known for years was afraid to tell me, but is relieved that I know and give support to him in whatever way I can. He surely needs it.

Even the court did not feel his crime was of a magnatude to warrant being on these lists, but because of the rage and poor writing of this law we have made it a one for all and all for one that is unfair and destructive.

These list do not last for one year, five years, but for the life of the offender. For some that may be necessary, but for a vast majority it is not.

Even the ACLU will not try to fight it because the panic and passion is so great that nothing can be done to fix it. Someday they will try, but for now they were kind enough to give information that might help, but then that takes money and money is not what he has because he cannot find a job. He lives with his mom and does the best that he can.

There are always two sides to an event, to be fair and Christian we need to see both sides and make right this wrong for all.

Liane, the Zoo Mama

Re: The National Sex Offender Registry #20732
03/04/06 10:56 PM
03/04/06 10:56 PM
Tammy Roesch  Offline OP
North East OHIO
Hi Cheri and Liane,
I hope you both have had a really nice Sabbath. God is so good!

I hate to, but I have to disagree with you all on this one. I realize there are cases where someone, let's say a 19 year old boy gets a 17 year old girl pregnant, and her parents are furious...and he ends up on this list. I feel really bad for him. It is very unfortunate.

But at the same time, I believe that people who commit these crimes, should be on this list. In some countries, when a person is caught stealing, they cut off their hand. Everyone else takes note, they hopefully learn a lesson from that person loosing their hand, and they also know something about that person.

If I was looking to purchase a home, I would use this list. I don't want to live next door to someone who is a rapist or some other pervert. To me, I see this list as a lock on your house. Some say, "Just have faith, you don't need to lock your house, the Lord will protect you." Well, I believe, the Lord helps those who help themselves. I believe in locking my door and doing all I can do to be safe, and then I leave the rest up to Him. Our world is getting worse by the day...having a list like this, who knows how many lives it has already saved?

It is sad, when people like I mentioned get put on the list...I feel real bad about that. But, nothing is perfect in this world...we have to work within the imperfect system we have.

As to someone being on the list who committed incest, well, there are consequences for sin. We pay for our sins. Some people pay more than others... These kind of crimes have become so rampant in this Country, that something needs to be done to protect the innocent. Who should we feel more sorry for, the attacker or the attacked? And we all know, it is a prove fact that most people committing sex crimes, are repeat, repeat, repeat offenders.

Tammy

Re: The National Sex Offender Registry #20733
03/05/06 02:25 AM
03/05/06 02:25 AM
L
liane  Offline
Bishop, CA
Dear Sister Tammy:

It may come to a point that one may not be able to find anyplace to live if they are going to depend on a list to tell them where they should live.

There is no other crime in the United States that does that. One can be living next to a murderer and never know, a thief, should we have a list for them as well?

Why not let them out at all? Then we would have more in prison than out and then we will complain about all the money it takes to house them.

Just because some other country cuts the hand off does that mean it is good or right to do?

I may not have all of it right, but I know as a victim that I should have more to say about it than some fear minded mother who might be feeding on the panic and misinformation circle.

This list thing has gone way to far and is not just. There is no question that maybe some should be on the list.

As for there being more of these types of crimes, no dear Sister, there are not more, there just is a more awarness of them. Just as many incests happened when I was a child as it does today.

The difference was that everyone kept it under the table and never spoke of it.

Liane, the Zoo Mama

Re: The National Sex Offender Registry #20734
03/05/06 09:00 PM
03/05/06 09:00 PM
Cheri Fritz  Offline
Gloversville, NY, USA
Dear Sisters,

I am a victim of abuse. I do not want my abusers on that list for their sin to be public knowledge. I do not want them mistreated in any manner. Here is a verse to share what our Lord teaches:

quote:
Matthew 7:12 Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets.
That list is not a lock of protection. Someone right in the family that you trust could be the worse offender. And I agree with Sr. Liane it is just more public knowledge about these type of sins.

Your Sister in Christ Jesus,
Cheri Fritz

Re: The National Sex Offender Registry #20735
03/07/06 04:22 AM
03/07/06 04:22 AM
S
Stephanie Suranyi  Offline
Charter Member
near Chicago, IL , USA
I believe that certain scenarios should be excused from this list....like the situations mentioned in previous posts.
At the same time, I am glad there IS such a list. Here's why. I know that some people are genuinely remorseful for committing these crimes. I truly feel sorry for those who are repentant, yet still have to register.
At the same time, there are those who, when they come up for parole, say all the right things to APPEAR remorseful, yet in their hearts, deny having done anything wrong. Once they get paroled, they deny, deny, deny having done anything wrong, even going so far as to try to have the verdict overturned. How do I know this? My cousin is a convicted sex offender. She molested two little girls. She admitted to it one moment, and denied it the next. She is also a habitual liar. My cousin has to register for the rest of her life. I am actually glad she does because she refuses to acknowledge what she has done!

Incidently, about that list? A sex offender has to register, that's true. BUT, depending on the severity of the crime, they may register for 15 years, 20 years, or life. The less severe the crime, the smaller the amount of time he/she has to register.

Re: The National Sex Offender Registry #20736
03/07/06 12:27 PM
03/07/06 12:27 PM
Tammy Roesch  Offline OP
North East OHIO
Thank you for the added information, Stephanie...

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderator  Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/30/24 10:34 PM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by dedication. 05/01/24 02:33 AM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by ProdigalOne. 04/29/24 04:47 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!