HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,633
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 20
kland 5
Daryl 2
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
4 registered members (dedication, Karen Y, Daryl, 1 invisible), 3,491 guests, and 13 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 11 of 15 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Re: Does God's Grace Annul His Law? #52728
04/09/04 06:00 PM
04/09/04 06:00 PM
L
Lobo  Offline
SW Washington State
Ok Daryl, then please explain why all the others sabbath observance requirements outlined in the OT law no longer apply? On what basis do you go by the tables of stone alone? Where is it stated that these other sabbath requirements have been removed or abolished?

Re: Does God's Grace Annul His Law? #52729
04/09/04 09:17 PM
04/09/04 09:17 PM
Daryl  Online Canadian
OP
Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
Lobo,

It seems to me that the God of the Scriptures distinguished between the Ten Commandments and the other laws that were given such as the laws regarding health and the laws regarding ceremonies.

In Hebrews 9:4 we read:

quote:

Hebrews 9:4 Which had the golden censer, and the ark of the covenant overlaid round about with gold, wherein was the golden pot that had manna, and Aaron's rod that budded, and the tables of the covenant;

Three things were in the ark of the covenant:

1 - The golden pot that had manna

2 - Aaron's rod that budded

3 - The tables of the covenant.

What were the tables of the covenant referring to? I believe they were the Ten Commandments.

It says that the tables of the covenant, the Ten Commandments, were placed within the ark of the covenant.

Where were the other laws that were given to Moses by God placed?

Re: Does God's Grace Annul His Law? #52730
04/09/04 09:34 PM
04/09/04 09:34 PM
L
Lobo  Offline
SW Washington State
They were placed beside the Ark, but does geography really have anything to do with it?

I mean in reality, the tables of stone were not used or referenced as a “working” law, because no one could look at or touch them. So what was the working law that Israel used? The book of the law or torah. This was a written version of all the 613 laws, which included those originally on stone.

So from a logistical perspective, the Torah was “The Law” because it had all the laws in it and was what they read from and taught from.

So I really don’t see how the tables of stone being in the Ark made it more law to Israel, or makes it more law to you?

In addition, if we use that as the criteria, what does Aaron’s rod and the manna have to do with us Christians now?

Also, are you trying to say that the tables of stone are more valid because in Revelation the Ark in heaven is seen? Does it even state anywhere that there are tables of stone in the heavenly Ark?

So let me ask another question; if what is on the tables of stone is the requirement, then why do you follow the kosher laws from the torah? Why are these laws more moral or valuable than the additional sabbath laws? I don’t see the distinction.

Re: Does God's Grace Annul His Law? #52731
04/11/04 03:45 AM
04/11/04 03:45 AM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
James, it thrilled my soul to read your last post. Praise the Lord. I totally agree with you. When we are truly, really in a loving relationship with Jesus, our service to Him will spring forth from a heart renewed by the love of God. And Oh, how sweet it is. Thank you Jesus.

Re: Does God's Grace Annul His Law? #52732
04/10/04 04:03 PM
04/10/04 04:03 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Lobo, we have already addressed your objections to sabbath keeping. The requirements you listed above, which you feel constitute legitimate sabbath keeping, still apply in principle. But they must be balanced by what Jesus said in the NT - It is lawful to do well on the sabbath day.

For example, it wasn't necessary to run far and wide collecting firewood to cook manna on the sabbath - it was supernaturally preserved by God. The man who disregarded God's instructions and built a fire was guilty of rebellion. But nowadays we don't have manna. Nevertheless, we should still do as much food prep on Friday so we can enjoy the sabbath with Jesus more fully. So you see, the principle still applies.

The rule about a "sabbath day's journey" has been perverted. The principle of traveling on the sabbath implies that we should not travel so far that our entire sabbath is wasted taveling. Which is still true today, even though my vehicle is so comfortable it makes traveling a pleasure.

No matter what we think or say or read about the do's and don'ts of sabbath keeping no honest hearted Christian, who embraces the sabbath, feels like it's a bummer. Lobo, you have chosen to reject the sabbath. That's your prerogative. The rest of us have chosen to imitate Jesus' earthly example, and we also look forward to keeping it with Him throughout eternity. I wish you could enjoy the same with us.

Also, the sabbath commadment doesn't imply we can worship God only once a week. Not at all. Instead, it plainly says we must worship Him every day of the week - by working with Him the first six days and resting with Him on the seventh day.

Re: Does God's Grace Annul His Law? #52733
04/10/04 08:01 PM
04/10/04 08:01 PM
Will  Offline
Most Dedicated Member
BC, Canada
James,
I praise the Lord for the way you have so eloquently outlined the differences between outward observance and being set free through Jesus Christ.

James you posted:
quote:

But when we loved Jesus really, he would release us from this feeling and sense of bondage. It is a day of joy and happiness, sharing love and attention which others and with Jesus.

Amen! [Smile]

God Bless you and your family,
Will

Re: Does God's Grace Annul His Law? #52734
04/10/04 08:58 PM
04/10/04 08:58 PM
Daryl  Online Canadian
OP
Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
James,

I also praise the Lord for the truth He has revealed to you through the Holy Spirit.

quote:

James posted:
Thus, I think we must live with faith and love would rule our hearts where the Ten Commandments is no longer a bondage and slavery but fruits of the Spirit. No more a means to be justified, no more a means to be qualified for heaven, no more a means for self righteousness, but an expression of our faith and love.

Yes, James, it is an expression, it is a result, of our faith and love towards Him. [Smile]

Re: Does God's Grace Annul His Law? #52735
04/12/04 01:36 PM
04/12/04 01:36 PM
J
James Saptenno  Offline
Charter Member
Active Member 2012
Dedicated Member
Jakarta, Indonesia
Thanks all for your loving comments.

It’s really hard for me to be released from the feeling of bondage because, maybe, what I hear, what I read and what I saw is law keeping oriented. A kind of life where righteousness by works is more dominant than righteousness by faith.

So, I try to find a solution where I came up with ideas I have presented here, which I see is much alike with Lobo.

Anyway, this discussion has given me a better perspective of how to relate the law in accordance with righteousness by faith.

Thank you.

In His love

James S.

Re: Does God's Grace Annul His Law? #52736
04/12/04 01:38 PM
04/12/04 01:38 PM
J
James Saptenno  Offline
Charter Member
Active Member 2012
Dedicated Member
Jakarta, Indonesia
Lobo.

You are right!

The logic is, if we put the law ahead, it becomes bondage. But when love filled our heart, there is no law (Galatians 5:22,23)! Keeping the Sabbath day as according to what is written on stone tablets is a natural outflow of the hearts that loved Jesus more than self, an expression of our love filled hearts.

We go to church, we put aside our business activity, we turn off the TV, we share our happiness of having a special day alone with Jesus to our servants and employers by releasing them from serving us at that day. All this is done because we want to enter a rest of physical, pleasure and business activity to joint Jesus in faith by honoring him, glorifying him, praising him and meditating about him.

I am sure, this perspective would release me from the feeling of bondage, from the feeling of obligation, from the feeling I am under the law.

Maybe this is what is meant by: Sin would not be your master, because you are not under the law but under grace (Romans 6:14).

Being under grace, the love of God ruled our hearts, expressed it self in deeds that is in harmony with the law; “…. against such there is o law”, which I take as there is no law that I feel obligated to keep and observe, I did it as an expression of love that ruled my heart.

If I put the law ahead, if I feel oblige to keep and observe the law for not breaking it or to have a righteous living, sin (my self-love attitude) would take over and dominate me.

I think this is not against my previous ideas but just a solution or way out to put the law in a correct relationship between me and God.

When Christ is in our heart, his love ruling our mind and body, we became one with him, the partition wall that separates us from him (the law as a means of salvation or righteousness by works) was all removed and nailed to his cross (Ephesians 2:13-15), what left is Christ, in our hearts.

You wrote:

So to clarify, what I’m saying is that if you remove the rules or sabbath observance requirements, it is no longer the sabbath of the ten commandments, it’s something else.

What do you think?

Unquote.

That is my answer; at least I believe it is still fulfilling the 7th day Sabbath as according to what is written on stone.

In His love

James S.

Re: Does God's Grace Annul His Law? #52737
04/12/04 01:48 PM
04/12/04 01:48 PM
Ikan  Offline
Very Dedicated Member
Plowing
James? Mentaati Sabat?! Selagi ada kejujuran selama itulah ada harapan!

Page 11 of 15 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/16/24 02:17 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by dedication. 05/06/24 02:37 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:33 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!