HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,639
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 21
kland 6
Daryl 2
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (dedication, Kevin H, Karen Y, TheophilusOne, 2 invisible), 3,182 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Creation isn't monkey business! #46811
11/06/03 09:43 AM
11/06/03 09:43 AM
Alpendave  Offline OP
Banned Member
Deer Park, WA
The issue of Creationism vs. Evolutionism is to some, a very hot topic, and to others, a done deal. We as Christians go to beautiful national parks to view our Creator's handiwork and yet are faced with informative signs and brochures that tell us that what we see happened millions of years ago. Evolution is taught everywhere and its influence over minds is staggering.

This topic is for the sharing and critiquing of information that can help us deal with the issue of evolution. It is meant not only to be informative, but also challenging. Here is a chance to literally play the Devil's advocate! Not to promote error, but to help each one of us use our critical thinking skills so that when we discuss this issue with non-believers, we will be better prepared. This is especially important in light of some of the unfortunate hoaxes that have led many well-meaning Christians to make fools of themselves.

We also need to share sound arguments in favor of our position. What a shame it would be if this thread led anyone to doubt that he is created in the image of God.

So lets quit monkeying around and get to the business of learning about our Father's world.

Dave

Re: Creation isn't monkey business! #46812
11/06/03 09:49 AM
11/06/03 09:49 AM
Alpendave  Offline OP
Banned Member
Deer Park, WA
Many times you will hear Creationists argue that evolution defies the 2nd Law of Thermodynamics. Evolutionists argue that this is not a valid assertion because ours is not a closed system. What does this mean?

Any one care to take up the Sword of Truth and take a stab at this argument?

Re: Creation isn't monkey business! #46813
11/06/03 12:09 PM
11/06/03 12:09 PM
C
Charity  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2020

4500+ Member
USA
David, good to have you join us. Welcome. What are the basic laws of thermodynamics - first and second etc. I don't want to burden you. I can likely look them up, but if you have a minute, it might be helpful to put it down in writing and a short statement of how the evolutionists say we violate the law.

Re: Creation isn't monkey business! #46814
11/06/03 12:14 PM
11/06/03 12:14 PM
Ikan  Offline
Very Dedicated Member
Plowing
Isn't the 1st Law : "Energy cannot be created or destroyed."?

And #2, is:

"Energy spontaneously tends to flow only from being concentrated in one place to becoming diffused or dispersed and spread out."

Correct?

Re: Creation isn't monkey business! #46815
11/06/03 01:56 PM
11/06/03 01:56 PM
V
vastergotland  Offline
Active Member 2011
3500+ Member
Sweden
quote:
Originally posted by Ikan:
Isn't the 1st Law : "Energy cannot be created or destroyed."?

And #2, is:

"Energy spontaneously tends to flow only from being concentrated in one place to becoming diffused or dispersed and spread out."

Correct?

These laws only apply on closed systems where nothing is added or disappearing from or to the outside.

The argument from the creationist camp is that this secound rule means that low-energy carbon and nitrogen substances couldnt join and form high-energy organic molecules in quantities large enough for some of them to then form even more energyconcentrated protocells (that in theory should form before they evolved into real cells as we know them today).

The evolutionary camp says that this doesnt apply on earths condition since we arent a closed system but both gain most of our energy from the sun and loose lots of energy to cold space.

Personally I think that conditions that could create large organic molecules would also destroy them. And UV-light isnt the only thing that breaks down large molecules.

/Thomas

Re: Creation isn't monkey business! #46816
11/06/03 10:53 PM
11/06/03 10:53 PM
C
Charity  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2020

4500+ Member
USA
Interesting. I'm not up on what how the scientific community debate this, so I learned something.

This is a digression, but do you mind if I ask you Thomas, when you say most energy is from the sun, the other energy you're referring to is mainly geothermal? Are there any other significant sources.

Is there any proof that the earth's core is hot. I've heard that many mines heat up as you descend, but is that true of all mines? Sister White was shown some interesting things about earthquakes and volcanos that, if I remember right, are at odds with the accepted theories.

Re: Creation isn't monkey business! #46817
11/07/03 12:14 AM
11/07/03 12:14 AM
V
vastergotland  Offline
Active Member 2011
3500+ Member
Sweden
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Shipowick:

Is there any proof that the earth's core is hot. I've heard that many mines heat up as you descend, but is that true of all mines? Sister White was shown some interesting things about earthquakes and volcanos that, if I remember right, are at odds with the accepted theories.

Hi Mark,

Im not an expert on this or anything like that, these are just what I remember from different classes I took in the 2 last years.

The heat not from the sun that I know of would be different kinds of geothermal yes. Some of it probably due to radioactive decay in earths crust.
I dont know about mines but Id say that when you in a volcano can see molten rock comming from belove, that would seem to me that its molten at least somewhere down there. I dont know what ellen wrote about volcanoes, but I read that scientists have figured out that there is a solid center and the solid crust with molten rock in between, this was apparently done by looking at recorded differences at measuring stations all around the world after earthquakes. How the waves transformed trough earth apparently showed this. Thats what I know about earth core, be it right or wrong...

/Thomas

Re: Creation isn't monkey business! #46818
11/07/03 12:21 AM
11/07/03 12:21 AM
L
Lobo  Offline
SW Washington State
When talking with evolutionists, there is something that we are all missing, if the earth evolved after the “big bang”, where did the matter to even have a big bang come from? Go back far enough and evolutionists are out of answers.

Also, I’m sure we are all aware that the carbon dating system used in verifying how old something is is only “proven” to work for about 15,000 years. So when scientist say that something is older the 15,000 years they are guessing. They take something that they know is 15,000 years old and then compare it to what they are measuring and guestimate how much older it really is. Not very scientific is it.

In any case, if evolution was factual there would be evidence of intermediate species (missing links), but there are none. That fact alone debunks evolution.

Re: Creation isn't monkey business! #46819
11/07/03 08:12 PM
11/07/03 08:12 PM
Alpendave  Offline OP
Banned Member
Deer Park, WA
Actually, for very old material (very old according to them) they use potasium argon dating which is supposedly more accurate. I'll need to check up on that.

It's puzzling how one could think that order can arise from something as chaotic as a "Big Bang."

I'm busy at the moment but I'll be able to post more later.

Dave

Re: Creation isn't monkey business! #46820
11/07/03 09:28 PM
11/07/03 09:28 PM
L
Lobo  Offline
SW Washington State
Regardless of what system they think the universe operates under, they can never explain where the universe or its building blocks originated.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/20/24 12:54 AM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/16/24 02:17 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by kland. 05/17/24 04:47 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:33 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!