HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,630
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 24
kland 13
Daryl 2
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
4 registered members (Karen Y, Daryl, dedication, 1 invisible), 2,962 guests, and 10 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Lesson Study #2 - Judgment Must BEGIN #76664
07/04/06 05:19 PM
07/04/06 05:19 PM
B
bethybug  Offline
Ga
What do you mean we cannot use 1 John 5:7? It is in my KJV and does not say supplied text. It is not in italics. Where do you get that? Also, do you think that the Great Controversy that we have is not a correct version or something? What specifically in it do you not agree with? Like could you give page and paragraph....and maybe compare it to what is in your book? What makes you think that we cannot use the Conflict of the Ages series?? This is very distressing to me because if we cannot use the KJV and the Ellen White books that we have...what is there left? I would like some concrete evidence that there is something wrong with these books before I am going to stop believing what she has written! I grew up in reading her writings and I have not seen that there is a problem with them so far.

Reply Quote
Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Re: Lesson Study #2 - Judgment Must BEGIN #76665
07/05/06 01:43 AM
07/05/06 01:43 AM
the1888message  Offline
USA
Quote:

What do you mean we cannot use 1 John 5:7? It is in my KJV and does not say supplied text. It is not in italics. Where do you get that? Also, do you think that the Great Controversy that we have is not a correct version or something? What specifically in it do you not agree with? Like could you give page and paragraph....and maybe compare it to what is in your book? What makes you think that we cannot use the Conflict of the Ages series?? This is very distressing to me because if we cannot use the KJV and the Ellen White books that we have...what is there left? I would like some concrete evidence that there is something wrong with these books before I am going to stop believing what she has written! I grew up in reading her writings and I have not seen that there is a problem with them so far.

The quote 1 John 5:7 is a supplied text by the people who translated the KJV. You will notice many-supplied text in the Bible. In many cases there is no problem with these supplied words for they do not change the meaning of the verse, or verses that proceed or those that come before the supplied words in a given text. However, in this case the entire verse is supplied, it may be in your KJV but as stated in my prior post in the Received Text it is in ( ), which is the same as the “italics in or translation and this shows that it is supplied.
To compare the verses you would need to purchase a copy of the Received Text. It is called the “Interlinear Bible” Both the old and New Testaments in Hebrew, Greek and English. Some of the larger Bible stores should carry it. I know that the ABC in Collegedale TN use to carry them.

Do not miss understand me, we can and should use the KJV it is the best version that we have. The Holy Spirit used this Bible to bring up this church did it not?

All that I am saying is that it is not prefect. You should note that the founders did not use this verse to support the “trinity” doctrine. Also as I noted if one reads it they can easily see that all three God, Son and Holy Spirit work in unity towards the great plan of Salvation. This text in conjunction with the few that I lead out cannot nor does it prove the “trinity” theory, in fact it is just the opposite. Please also note that Sister White and the founders at times pointed out the “italicized” words as not being correct.

What is it that I disagree with? Read my other post where I posted the 1872 “Fundamental Principles”. The Founders did not believe in the “trinity” in fact they spoke very plainly against it as being a purely “catholic” doctrine. Also, the “catholic church” states that this doctrine of the “trinity” is the “FOUNDATION” of all their dogmas. You can find in it the thread about the 28 fundamental beliefs.

Sister White used the KJV for more that 90% of her quotes, as her son W. C. White stated Sister White before using the RV to quote from she would spend hours comparing the RV to the KJV and if there was no way that it changed the meaning she would use it.

Use the KJV I do. In fact I use both but I preach from the KJV.

Have you ever noticed the old writings where Sister White or others used the term little “companies” or the “ones”? It comes from the Interlinear (Received Text) Revelation 14:12 “Here is the patients of the Saints, here are the ones keeping the Commands of God and the Faith of Jesus”

Peace and Grace

David

The greatest want of the world is the want of men-- men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall.
Reply Quote
Re: Lesson Study #2 - Judgment Must BEGIN #76666
07/05/06 02:07 PM
07/05/06 02:07 PM
B
bethybug  Offline
Ga
Thankyou for explaining yourself, I will check this out further for myself. I would like to know where a quote is about the italicized words in the KJV not being accurate. I have not seen that before. (from EGW)

Reply Quote
Re: Lesson Study #2 - Judgment Must BEGIN #76667
07/05/06 08:35 PM
07/05/06 08:35 PM
Daryl  Online Canadian
OP
Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
Continuing with the lesson study....

Monday's study is titled Life or Damnation?

The texts provided there say that you will either be saved eternally or lost eternally.

As it states there, "In the end, the ultimate fate of all of us is either eternal life or eternal destruction."

In order for this to happen, it further states, "Thus, it's clear from even these texts that some sort of judgment divides the righteous from the wicked. A final separation occurs, a judgment in which the final fate of everyone is, forever, decided."

So, who is being judged here? The answer is obviously everybody and anybody who ever lived.

We then move on to Tuesday's study.

In His Love, Mercy & Grace,

Daryl smile

John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

http://www.christians-discuss.com/forum/index.php
Reply Quote
Re: Lesson Study #2 - Judgment Must BEGIN #76668
07/05/06 08:45 PM
07/05/06 08:45 PM
Daryl  Online Canadian
OP
Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
Tuesday's study is titled, House of God.

A few questions are asked there.

"But what about the church?

What about those who have professed the name of Jesus and, from all outward appearances, are living the Christian life in sincerity and faithfulness?

Are they, too, judged?"

1 Peter 4:17 says, "For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?"

The Judgment must begin at the house of God.

Why do Christians need to be judged?

Didn't Christ's death take care of the need of judgment for those who believe on Him?

Daryl smile

Reply Quote
Re: Lesson Study #2 - Judgment Must BEGIN #76669
07/08/06 02:06 AM
07/08/06 02:06 AM
J
James Saptenno  Offline
Charter Member
Active Member 2012
Dedicated Member
Jakarta, Indonesia
Happy Sabbath.

Men is judge based on what he has done with the 10 Commandments as a standard of judgment, and what is in his heart is judge by the principle of the same law: which is love that seeks no self.

Therefore no men could stand righteous before the law, the law could justify no one and awarded him with life. At the end we are saved and enter heaven because of the grace of God that justifies us for our faith in Christ, in the sens that this justification is a gift (Romans 3:28; 11:6; Ephesians 2:8,9).

Christ is the only man in earth history that is justified by the law and rosed from his grave as a reward of his righteousness. This confirm that God is just.

In His love

James S

Reply Quote
Re: Lesson Study #2 - Judgment Must BEGIN #76670
07/08/06 02:15 AM
07/08/06 02:15 AM
J
James Saptenno  Offline
Charter Member
Active Member 2012
Dedicated Member
Jakarta, Indonesia
So, do we believe in the Word as God apart from another God which the Word was with Him since the beginning?

With this view, does we transgress the 1st commandment?

If yes, no wonder, considering if it is really originated to a Catholic doctrine, which by following their doctrines we would transgressed also the 2nd and 4th commandments.

In His love

James S

Reply Quote
Re: Lesson Study #2 - Judgment Must BEGIN #76671
07/08/06 11:25 AM
07/08/06 11:25 AM
Daryl  Online Canadian
OP
Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
I guess that depends on how we understand the Hebrew usage of the word God, which in the Hebrew is Elohim, which is a plural word.

In English the word deer is both a singular and a plural word. Whether we saw one deer or three deer this morning, it is still deer, not one deer or three deers.

Daryl smile

Reply Quote
Re: Lesson Study #2 - Judgment Must BEGIN #76672
07/08/06 01:32 PM
07/08/06 01:32 PM
D
Dr.Glenn  Offline
Nevada
Quote:

So, do we believe in the Word as God apart from another God which the Word was with Him since the beginning?

With this view, does we transgress the 1st commandment?

If yes, no wonder, considering if it is really originated to a Catholic doctrine, which by following their doctrines we would transgressed also the 2nd and 4th commandments.

In His love

James S

Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of God, kept all the ten commandments including the 1st, 2nd, and 4th and left us an example to follow. Which God did Jesus Christ worship?
1) God the Father who Jesus says is the only true God?
2) God the Son as defined by the General Conference SDA church?
3) God the Holy Spirit as defined by the General Conference SDA church?
4) A unity of three co-eternal persons as defined in the 28 fundamental beliefs of the General Conference Seventh-day Adventist Church?
Who is the God of Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of the living God?

grw
Reply Quote
Re: Lesson Study #2 - Judgment Must BEGIN #76673
07/08/06 02:14 PM
07/08/06 02:14 PM
the1888message  Offline
USA
Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of God, kept all the ten commandments including the 1st, 2nd, and 4th and left us an example to follow. Which God did Jesus Christ worship?
1) God the Father who Jesus says is the only true God?
2) God the Son as defined by the General Conference SDA church?
3) God the Holy Spirit as defined by the General Conference SDA church?
4) A unity of three co-eternal persons as defined in the 28 fundamental beliefs of the General Conference Seventh-day Adventist Church?
Who is the God of Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of the living God?

--------------------
grw

GRW;

I like your questions.

I do not know how many people have studied Proverbs chapter 8:22-32. If someone has then how does the “trinity” apply?

In Revelation 2:12 who is the God of Christ? If Christ is God then why does he have a God?
In Revelation 5:1 who is sitting on the Throne? If it is the “triune god” then, who takes the book from “him (singular not triune)”who sits on the throne? Thought, how many arms does this chair have 2 or 6?

In the Ministry Magazine 10/1993 we find that the founders cannot be members of the SDA church today because they cannot hold to the 2, 4 and 5 of the 27 (then it was 27) fundamental beliefs? Why is this? Could there be a difference in, which is taught today? We know that the Holy Spirit brought this church up and taught the founders. So what changed?

As Paul taught, as did Christ there is only one God and that is the Father, the Father of the only begotten Son.

That text John 1:1-2 is held on to by many “triune god” believers along with 1 John 5:7, as the bases for the “triune god” theory. While they over look John 14 and John 17 and a host of other texts that point to there being One God the Father. Maybe they have a bad understanding of these verses.

They think that since God said let “us” make man in our image that means that there is more than one God. Cannot Christ be in the image of His father? And if so then would not the Father be correct in saying “ let us make man in our image”? And then it goes on to say that God made man in His image and the “Him” is very singular is it not?

One other point, the “triune god” destroys the Father and Son relationship that exists between God and His Son and puts them as the same person some how in these three gods in one.

To anyone; where in the Bible (KJV) does it ever teach us that the Holy Spirit is God or that we are to pray to the Holy Spirit? One text that it states it is God or one text were we are to pray to it. If there is more than one text that is good also. But find one text at least.

That’s all for now.

Peace and Grace

The greatest want of the world is the want of men-- men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall.
Reply Quote
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/05/24 05:39 AM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by dedication. 05/06/24 02:37 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:33 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!