HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,631
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 20
kland 5
Daryl 2
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
Daryl
Daryl
Nova Scotia, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
4 registered members (dedication, Karen Y, Daryl, Kevin H), 3,310 guests, and 10 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: What is the purpose of the Sabbath? [Re: Mountain Man] #96638
03/10/08 02:59 AM
03/10/08 02:59 AM
asygo  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2023

5500+ Member
California, USA
Looking at it from the angle of true Sabbath rest as resting in God's love and accomplishments, it seems that even the unfallen worlds would have a Sabbath.

By God's grace,
Arnold

There is no excuse for any one in taking the position that there is no more truth to be revealed, and that all our expositions of Scripture are without an error. The fact that certain doctrines have been held as truth for many years by our people, is not a proof that our ideas are infallible. Age will not make error into truth, and truth can afford to be fair. No true doctrine will lose anything by close investigation. RH 12/20/1892
Re: What is the purpose of the Sabbath? [Re: Mountain Man] #96646
03/10/08 10:22 AM
03/10/08 10:22 AM
Rick H  Offline OP
Group: Admin Team
3000+ Member
Florida, USA
 Originally Posted By: Mountain Man
Regarding the test on other planets:

Quote:
The Lord has given me a view of other worlds. Wings were given me, and an angel attended me from the city to a place that was bright and glorious. The grass of the place was living green, and the birds there warbled a sweet song. The inhabitants of the place were of all sizes; they were noble, majestic, and lovely. They bore the express image of Jesus, and their countenances beamed with holy joy, expressive of the freedom and happiness of the place. I asked one of them why they were so much more lovely than those on the earth. The reply was, "We have lived in strict obedience to the commandments of God, and have not fallen by disobedience, like those on the earth." Then I saw two trees, one looked much like the tree of life in the city. The fruit of both looked beautiful, but of one they could not eat. They had power to eat of both, but were forbidden to eat of one. Then my attending angel said to me, "None in this place have tasted of the forbidden tree; but if they should eat, they would fall." {EW 39.3}

It's hard for me to imagine God creating the Sabbath to be a test of loyalty during the final crisis.

It is not and never was a test of loyalty, just like a newly engaged beloved doesnt have to ask that you let go of your old flings or lovers. You do it out of love.....

Re: What is the purpose of the Sabbath? [Re: Rick H] #96656
03/10/08 03:15 PM
03/10/08 03:15 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Richard, are you referring to the tree or the Sabbath? Actually, I guess it doesn't matter, in the beginning the tree was a test of loyalty and in the end the Sabbath will be a test of loyalty. The point I intended to make above regarding the Sabbath is that I doubt Jesus created it in order to be a test at the end of time.

Re: What is the purpose of the Sabbath? [Re: Mountain Man] #96672
03/10/08 06:51 PM
03/10/08 06:51 PM
Rick H  Offline OP
3000+ Member
Florida, USA
Yes, I was refering to the tree, but thats OK....I feel that in the end of time, the Sabbath will not be so much a test, but more of a outgrowth of understanding, as the truth is fully unveiled for all to see (and choose)...

Re: What is the purpose of the Sabbath? [Re: Rick H] #96713
03/11/08 05:34 PM
03/11/08 05:34 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Do the following insights explain what you mean?

The Sabbath will be the great test of loyalty, for it is the point of truth especially controverted. When the final test shall be brought to bear upon men, then the line of distinction will be drawn between those who serve God and those who serve Him not. While the observance of the false sabbath in compliance with the law of the state, contrary to the fourth commandment, will be an avowal of allegiance to a power that is in opposition to God, the keeping of the true Sabbath, in obedience to God's law, is an evidence of loyalty to the Creator. While one class, by accepting the sign of submission to earthly powers, receive the mark of the beast, the other choosing the token of allegiance to divine authority, receive the seal of God. {GC 605.2}

Re: What is the purpose of the Sabbath? [Re: Mountain Man] #96954
03/15/08 08:54 AM
03/15/08 08:54 AM
Rick H  Offline OP
3000+ Member
Florida, USA
The Sabbath will be a banner that is visible to all, and allows those who truly love Christ and want to follow what He asks to rally to His banner. Somehow when Satan tries to come to deceive at the end, he will focus the people on chosing between his day of worship and the Sabbath that Christ is Lord of from Creation. It will be a clear choice as Satan presents himself as a false christ with all the people being told they must worship him and his day of face the consequences, and then Christ will come....

Re: What is the purpose of the Sabbath? [Re: Mountain Man] #99357
05/15/08 01:56 PM
05/15/08 01:56 PM
L
lindax  Offline
Posting New Member
Cwmbran, South Wales
why do people have an issue with Gods sabbath law or any other law he has given.why do we chastise our children,because we love them,and thats what God does.if we did not rest say for instance after doing twelve hour stints day after day,we would end up ill.so rest is there,God says resy on my day and love me give me yourself with all of the family and i will give you everything you requir.and i know he does this because i went away from God and ended up a mess.then i found God and gave myself to him,and i must say i feel the love in myself that he has gave me.thank the Lord.every other law we seem to obey but many have a issue with the seventh day.they go to church i think just for show,and rush the sabbath hours out.they look at the clock and they then do their normal thing,so in reality they are not worshipping in a true manner,and of course they are expecting eternal life.sabbath worship is an holy way of living giving God true obedience is what we look for off our children and thats what we are Gods children.love and obey for theres no other way,than to be happy in Jesus is to love and obey.brian

Re: What is the purpose of the Sabbath? [Re: lindax] #99358
05/15/08 02:41 PM
05/15/08 02:41 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Brian, you're right. The joy of Jesus involves joyful obedience, joyfully imitating His example in living in harmony with the will of God. Nothing is more peaceful, more joyful. Living for Jesus is the abundant life. Everyday is a day of rest; whereas, the Sabbath is particularly blessed. Not having to do unnecessary work, unnecessary buying and selling, is a positive advantage, a positive plus, especially for people who work hard in less than ideal environments, with less ideal people.

Re: What is the purpose of the Sabbath? [Re: Mountain Man] #99363
05/15/08 05:29 PM
05/15/08 05:29 PM
V
vastergotland  Offline
Active Member 2011
3500+ Member
Sweden
It is as you say, until someone who works as a professional driver, lets say a taxi, and therefore does not use a car on the Sabbath decides that since not driving a car is Sabbath rest for him it must also be Sabbath rest for everyone else. Thus he starts a campain to get everyone in his congregation to use other means of transportation during the Sabbath or if they will not or can not do that, then non the less be crushed by guilt for doing that which is forbiden on the Sabbath day.

Galatians 2
21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

It is so hazardous to take here a little and there a little. If you put the right little's together you can make the bible teach anything you wish. //Graham Maxwell
Re: What is the purpose of the Sabbath? [Re: vastergotland] #99366
05/15/08 05:48 PM
05/15/08 05:48 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Interesting point, Thomas.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderator  dedication 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/12/24 10:01 AM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by dedication. 05/06/24 02:37 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:33 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!