HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,631
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 21
kland 6
Daryl 2
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
5 registered members (Karen Y, dedication, Kevin H, Daryl, TheophilusOne), 3,258 guests, and 7 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12
Re: A nice death in hell? [Re: precepts] #108503
02/17/09 12:59 PM
02/17/09 12:59 PM
B
Bobryan  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2015
Georgia, USA
Originally Posted By: precepts
Like I said before, I'm a very paranoid person because of my revelations but I do have personal insights that I would like to share such as the false prophet and the beast burning for the 1,000yrs before satan is released and the devil that deceived them(another false prophet) is cast into the lake of fire according to scripture.
As for what the beast and the false prophet are, from my understanding, the beast is from the bottomless pit and the false prophet is one of the four angels released from the river Euphrates, including the devil that decieved them after the 1,000yrs. My understanding might not be Ellen W
Quote:
hites' but are we searching for truth or not.

It would be better if your revelation was not conflicted with scripture and with other prophets whose writings have been shown to be in harmony with scripture.

In this particular case - the beast is referenced as early as Rev 13 and shown to be the Papacy (false religion in various forms since the time of Babylon actually). So this is an "organization" not an individual person.

By the same token the "false prophet" is one who is supposed to be true -- organizations coming from within Christianity - but who is found to be false.

In scripture we have no reference to any of the four angels of Rev 7 "being evil" - so here your revelation contradicts a Bible prophet.

In scripture we have no reference to the "beast coming out of the bottomless pit" -- so again - your revelation is not passing the test of Acts 17:11 "They studied the scriptures daily to see IF those things spoken to them by Paul were so".

in Christ,

Bob

Re: A nice death in hell? [Re: James Saptenno] #108504
02/17/09 01:04 PM
02/17/09 01:04 PM
B
Bobryan  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2015
Georgia, USA
Getting back to the subject of the thread...

Originally Posted By: James Saptenno

Are the wicked died instantly in hell when it started? Then this is "a nice death in hell" wihtout prolonging pain, torture and suffering.

Or do they die at different time depend to the greater sins they had committed or the lesser? In this case is there a time limit? 1 day, 1 week, 1 month, 1 year ..... etc?

I asked this question because I had heard some people saying that the wicked would die at different time in hell. The greater their sins are, the longer they live in the burning hell, experienced pain, torture and suffering.

Is there any legal basic to this idea? The bible or SOP?

In His love

James S

The wicked are "tormented with fire and brimstone" Rev 14:10 in the 2nd death lake of fire (fiery hell as God calls it in Matt 10:28).

AND they are "tormented IN THE PRESENCE of the Lamb and of His Holy Angels" as we see in Rev 14:10.

Those who KNEW their masters will and yet did deeds sending them to the 2nd death (they did not accept the Gospel AND PERSEVERE in it) receive MANY stripes of torment and suffering before being "destroyed BOTH body AND soul" and the ones who did not know as much "receive FEW" Luke 12:47-49

This only works if REAL suffering and torment are involve AND if it is not "infinite" for all.

in Christ,

Bob

Re: A nice death in hell? [Re: Tom] #108505
02/17/09 01:06 PM
02/17/09 01:06 PM
B
Bobryan  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2015
Georgia, USA
Originally Posted By: Tom
MM, none of the Scripture passages you cites say anything about the wicked being burned by fire.

A question to consider is whether the judgment of the wicked involves God's imposing some punishment upon them which would not happen to them if God did not so act, or if their punishment is the consequence of the decisions they've made.

hence the need to notice the fire in the "lake of fire" in Rev 20 and the "tormented in fire and brimstone" of Rev 14:10.

in Christ,

Bob

Re: A nice death in hell? [Re: Elle] #108506
02/17/09 01:18 PM
02/17/09 01:18 PM
B
Bobryan  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2015
Georgia, USA
Originally Posted By: Elle
GC I just was wondering, how did Lucifer and his angels stand in front of God when sin started and matured in their heart? Also, we have in Job 1, that Satan was going to the "assemblies?" of God in Heaven as earth representative. I think Satan lost this priviledge when Jesus died, but I can't find that text right now.

In Rev 12 you see that Satan is cast down to earth after the resurrection of Christ.

In Luk 10:18 as a result of Christ's ministry - Satan falls like lightning.

That is as close as you get for a Bible text on his being restricted from heavenly realms after the cross.

in Christ,

Bob

Re: A nice death in hell? [Re: Bobryan] #108513
02/17/09 03:47 PM
02/17/09 03:47 PM
P
precepts  Offline
Posting New Member
St.Croix, United States Virgin...
Bob's
Quote:
It would be better if your revelation was not conflicted with scripture and with other prophets whose writings have been shown to be in harmony with scripture.
You mean like the two different lakes of fires?

Bob's
Quote:
In this particular case - the beast is referenced as early as Rev 13 and shown to be the Papacy (false religion in various forms since the time of Babylon actually). So this is an "organization" not an individual person.
Regardless of Revelation 13:18, Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.
So who's conflicting with scriptures?

Bob's
Quote:
By the same token the "false prophet" is one who is supposed to be true -- organizations coming from within Christianity - but who is found to be false.
Bob 3:12, you're conflicting with Rev 13:18. The beast, the false prophet, were both men. The seven heads/kings of Rome, Flavius the 8th(beast), and Nerva the 11th(false prophet_.

Bob's
Quote:
In scripture we have no reference to any of the four angels of Rev 7 "being evil" - so here your revelation contradicts a Bible prophet.
If they weren't evil, why were they bound and released at the same time as the beast? Further more, eventhough I can't recall the verse, the angels that laid with women before the flood, were reserved(bound) for the day of judgement, no.

Bob's
Quote:
In scripture we have no reference to the "beast coming out of the bottomless pit" -- so again - your revelation is not passing the test of Acts 17:11 "They studied the scriptures daily to see IF those things spoken to them by Paul were so".
Rev 17:8, this seems to be a routine/game with these so-called christian sites. When one can't handle the truth, another appears to continue the run around with one mind.

When the Pharisees and the Sadducees questioned Christ about washing his hands before eating, I quote:
Quote:
Mat 15:12 Let them alone; they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch.
Mat 15:17 Do not ye yet understanding, that whatsoever entereth in at the mouth goeth into the belly, and is cast out into the draught?
Mat 15:18 But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man.

Last edited by precepts; 02/17/09 04:08 PM.
Re: A nice death in hell? [Re: precepts] #108565
02/18/09 02:53 AM
02/18/09 02:53 AM
Daryl  Online Canadian

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
ADMIN HAT ON!

Please post to the topic and not against the person posting.

Also, if you feel any post goes contrary to any of the 28 Fundamental Beliefs of the SDA Church in an unacceptable manner, please report that/those post/s.

ADMIN HAT OFF!

Last edited by Daryl Fawcett; 02/18/09 12:34 PM. Reason: Edited to add "in an unacceptable manner"

In His Love, Mercy & Grace,

Daryl smile

John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

http://www.christians-discuss.com/forum/index.php
Re: A nice death in hell? [Re: Daryl] #108569
02/18/09 06:38 AM
02/18/09 06:38 AM
I Am His  Offline
United States
Well ... I agree with all the Fundamentals ... but I think it is sad if one can't disagree here. Apparently ... only singing to the choir that is allowed?

And in who's opinion that it goes against the Fundamentals ... counts? At that rate ... you would get many who THINK that others go against the Fundamentals.

Re: A nice death in hell? [Re: precepts] #108570
02/18/09 08:50 AM
02/18/09 08:50 AM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
Bob's
Quote:

Bob's
Quote:
Regardless of Revelation 13:18, Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.
So who's conflicting with scriptures?

Bob's
Quote:
Bob 3:12, you're conflicting with Rev 13:18. The beast, the false prophet, were both men. The seven heads/kings of Rome, Flavius the 8th(beast), and Nerva the 11th(false prophet_.

Bob's
Quote:
If they weren't evil, why were they bound and released at the same time as the beast? Further more, eventhough I can't recall the verse, the angels that laid with women before the flood, were reserved(bound) for the day of judgement, no.

Bob's
Quote:
Rev 17:8, this seems to be a routine/game with these so-called christian sites. When one can't handle the truth, another appears to continue the run around with one mind.

When the Pharisees and the Sadducees questioned Christ about washing his hands before eating, I quote:
Quote:
Mat 15:12 Let them alone; they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch.
Mat 15:17 Do not ye yet understanding, that whatsoever entereth in at the mouth goeth into the belly, and is cast out into the draught?
Mat 15:18 But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man.

Precepts,

To say the number of the beast is the number of a man does not make the beast a man, it makes the numbers the same.

Beasts, in prophecy, represent kingdoms. True, a man is usually the leader of a kingdom. However, the kingdom is not a man. It is an organization, a government, or a nation of people.

Put another way, to have the number OF a man does mean being equal TO a man.

The "number of a man" is significant. What is the number of man? I find it relevant to note that six days were given in which man could work; the seventh was the Lord's day. Six commandments were given for man's interrelations. The sixth one forbids murder of humankind. (I think we were initially created with six fingers on each hand, but I will not make a big issue of this here. Suffice it to say if this were the case, and "polydactyly" is a dominant gene, it would easily have been the number most memorable for us.)

I also find, as a biologist, that we have SIX senses: sight, hearing, taste, smell, touch, and balance. Why biologists have traditionally classified the sense of balance with hearing makes no sense, for one does not "hear" balance. That they are separate senses is easily proven by asking a deaf person if he/she senses balance. Therefore, there are six natural avenues to a man's soul; the seventh is the seat of conscience and belongs to God (the seventh "sense").

The number six is presented frequently throughout the Bible as being our number.

On the contrary, the numbers three or four represent God. Added, they make seven. Multiplied, they are twelve. Each of these are God's "perfect" numbers. Four commandments were given to define our relationship to God. Four Gospels were written about Jesus' life. Four pillars stood at the front of God's tabernacle, creating three entrances. There are three persons in the Godhead. Jesus was three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

The unusual number 666, which we hold is the "mark of the beast," is unique. It is the number of man, given three times, where three is God's number. So the number itself connects the two symbols of God and man. When a man tries to take the place of God, however, he still has man's number. Notice that the number is NOT 333333. Three is God's number. The only digits you see in 666 are all man's number. A man can think to be God, but cannot become God.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

We can receive of heaven's light only as we are willing to be emptied of self. We can discern the character of God, and accept Christ by faith, only as we consent to the bringing into captivity of every thought to the obedience of Christ. And to all who do this, the Holy Spirit is given without measure. In Christ "dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in Him." [Colossians 2:9, 10.] {GW 57.1} -- Ellen White.
Re: A nice death in hell? [Re: I Am His] #108572
02/18/09 12:38 PM
02/18/09 12:38 PM
Daryl  Online Canadian

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
In response to your post.

Respectfully questioning any of the 28 Fundamental Beliefs of the SDA Church in an acceptable manner, rather than just posting against them in a disrespectful manner, is permissible.

Dogmatic posts against any of the 28 Fundamental Beliefs of the SDA Church isn't appropriate, isn't acceptable.

I have edited my Admin Hat post accordingly.
Originally Posted By: I Am His
Well ... I agree with all the Fundamentals ... but I think it is sad if one can't disagree here. Apparently ... only singing to the choir that is allowed?

And in who's opinion that it goes against the Fundamentals ... counts? At that rate ... you would get many who THINK that others go against the Fundamentals.

In His Love, Mercy & Grace,

Daryl smile

John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

http://www.christians-discuss.com/forum/index.php
Re: A nice death in hell? [Re: precepts] #108573
02/18/09 01:45 PM
02/18/09 01:45 PM
B
Bobryan  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2015
Georgia, USA
Bob's
Quote:

Bob's
Quote:

In Rev 13 it is "the number of his name" and the beast is an organiation composed of all component parts of the 4-beast sequence we see in Dan 7 (see all 4 beasts of Dan 7 being referenced in Rev 13:1-2). This is indeed an organization not a single person.

Quote:
Precept
Quote:
Bob said

Bob 3:12, you're conflicting with Rev 13:18.

The beast, the false prophet, were both men.

How so?

Quote:
Precept -

Quote:
Bob said

1. There is no text in all of scripture that says that "angels laid with women"
2. There is Matt 22 where Christ tells us that Agnels were not created with the ability even to have family relations with each other - let alone with other species!
3. The text you might be straining this from is in Gen 6:1-3 where we are told that the "sons of God went into the daughters of men" referring to the descendants of Abel vs the descendants of Cain. (As even R.C Sproul points out). There are numerous texts about the saints being called "the sons of God" and the gospel promise of accepting Christ that "you may be called the sons of God".
4. There is nothing whatever showing any of the 4 angels in Rev 7 to be evil.
5. There is no text at all showing that the winds of strife in Rev 7 are released at the same time that the beast came out of the sea in Rev 13 either during the dark ages or when the deadly wound was healed.

Quote:
Precept
Bob's
Quote:

Rev 17:8, this seems to be a routine/game with these so-called christian sites.

It works better if you show what part of the text you think is making your point rather than making accusations against this entire web site.

Here is the actual text - in Rev 17.

8 "" The beast that you saw was, and is not, and is about to come up out of the abyss and go to destruction. And those who dwell on the earth, whose name has not been written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, will wonder when they see the beast, that he was and is not and will come.

In Rev 13 the beast that gives the "number of his name" comes up out of the sea. In Rev 17 the beast only comes out of the abyss after having come up out of the sea and then suffering his deadly wound.

Quote:
Precept

Quote:

It is unclear to me how this related to the beast or what point you are trying to make with Matt 15.

Since this thread is about the reality of the Lake of Fire -- I don't see how Matt 15 connects your point with the topic at hand.

in Christ,

Bob

Last edited by Bobryan; 02/18/09 01:46 PM.
Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/12/24 10:01 AM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by dedication. 05/06/24 02:37 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:33 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!