HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,631
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 21
kland 6
Daryl 2
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
Daryl
Daryl
Nova Scotia, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (Karen Y, Kevin H, Daryl, dedication, TheophilusOne, 1 invisible), 3,255 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
God omnipresent -- He knows the future. #113473
05/23/09 01:03 AM
05/23/09 01:03 AM
dedication  Online Content OP
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
An issue was raised on another forum.
So that I won't misrepresent what was said I'll quote I'll present their quotes:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted By: teresaq
Jesus risked eternal separation from the Father so that we might have a place in heaven.

quote=Tom
This is amazing, isn't it? I find that many lose the blessing of this concept by not believing that there was an actual risk here (False ideas regarding God's omniscience get in the way here.)

quote=Colin
...God's omniscience??...What prevents that enormous risk being understood is misunderstanding God's nature!

Originally Posted By: Tom

In my experience, it's been more a misunderstanding of God's omniscience than anything else that has caused this truth to be misunderstood. Many people think that God's knowledge of the future is fixed, that God sees one specific thing that will happen, and that this one thing will come to pass. Obviously, if one has this idea, a risk being undertaken makes no sense.

Originally Posted By: dedication

Don't you believe that God's omniscience sees the future as if it were the present?
How else could He give prophets visions in which they see, hear, experience events in the future?

God's for-knowledge knows exactly WHAT will happen. But that doesn't FIX or determine how created beings will act, they still make their own choices, and God does not allow His forknowledge to stop Him offering His gift of love and salvation to each one. No one in that judgment day will be able to say -- God wasn't fair to me, all will say "God's ways are righteous and just."

It's true that God offers and provides better alternatives, and knows IF the people would only choose His better way, what conditions would be like for them if they did. God urges people to follow the better way, and reveals to them what could if they did. But that doesn't mean He didn't KNOW what their choice will be.

We must be careful not to put human rational upon God.
Human thoughts tend to be rather narrow. If we know something won't work, we don't try it. If we know something will work, we tend to get careless.
But God's thoughts are not like ours -- even though HE KNOWS exactly what everyone will do, His justice and love offers His creatures better alternatives and calls them and encourages them, to choose the better way. They will have no reason to accuse God of NOT providing the way of salvation for them.

Did God know Christ would be victorious?
I believe He did.
For 4000 years He offered people salvation based on Christ's atoning sacrifice prior to the cross.
Enoch, Elijah, Moses were in heaven, not because they earned their way there, but because God knew Christ's blood "the lamb slain from the foundation of the earth" atones for their sins.

Was it a risk?
Yes!
God's forknowledge didn't lessen the ordeal that had to be lived through. It didn't lessen the temptations and the struggles.

Why question His omniscience? Are we trying to fit Him into our concept of what He should be like?

Re: God omnipresent -- He knows the future. [Re: dedication] #113475
05/23/09 01:40 AM
05/23/09 01:40 AM
teresaq  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

Very Dedicated Member
CA, USA
So that I won't misrepresent what was said I'll quote I'll present their quotes:

wow!! admirable words and actions! i have no doubt that i also need to be more diligent in this area!

Psa 64:5 ...an evil matter: they commune of laying snares privily; they say, Who shall see them?

Psa 7:14 Behold, he travaileth with iniquity, and hath conceived mischief, and brought forth falsehood. 15 He made a pit, and digged it, and is fallen into the ditch which he made. 16 His mischief (and his violent dealing) shall return upon his own head.

Psa 7:17 I will praise the LORD according to his righteousness: and will sing praise to the name of the LORD most high.
Re: God omnipresent -- He knows the future. [Re: dedication] #113476
05/23/09 01:43 AM
05/23/09 01:43 AM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Thanks, d. I'll comment further on what I perceive the principle difficulty to be.

The problem really involves what the future is like, but most people perceive the problem to be involving God's omniscience. So if someone says that God does not know which option will be chosen in the future, that is interpreted as meaning that God is not omniscient.

What I hear over and over is that the fact that God knows something will happen does not cause it to happen.

This is only half true. From the standpoint of causation, this is, of course, true. Say, for example, that I have a two-headed coin, and I know that when I flip it, it will come up heads. The fact that I know that the coin will turn up heads does not cause it to turn up heads -- the fact that it is two-headed does.

So, of course, the fact that God knows some thing will happen does not cause it to happen; there's always some other reason involved.

But this is scratching where it doesn't itch. The real question involves what the future is like. Is it a linear thing, where there's only one thing that can happen, or is it like the following:

. .
.. ..
... ...
..... ....
...... .....
....... .......

It's kind of hard to draw or describe this, but what the diagram is trying to represent is that a person has two choices, and from those two choices, other choices come up, and from there others, and so forth.

When God looks into the future, what does He see? Do He see this:

or something like the above? Your POV is suggesting He see's the latter (or, at a minimum, that He can discern this from the above pattern), but there are logical problems with this POV.

For example, consider the question of risk. Can there be risk with God if He is 100% certain of every outcome? Clearly not. To speak of God's risking His Son, given He was 100% certain Christ would be just fine, is nonsense.

Here's a statement from the SOP:

Quote:
Remember that Christ risked all. For our redemption, heaven itself was imperiled. At the foot of the cross, remembering that for one sinner Christ would have laid down His life, you may estimate the value of a soul.(COL 196)

This says that heaven itself was "imperiled" for our redemption. Certainly if God was 100% certain that heaven was never under any danger whatsoever, it was in no sense imperiled. Conversely, that heaven was actually imperiled implies a future which is not fixed, but open, and that God foresaw the future in this way (seeing both the possibility of Christ's success and His failure.)

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Re: God omniscient-- He knows the future. [Re: dedication] #113477
05/23/09 02:00 AM
05/23/09 02:00 AM
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Knowing the outcome does not preprogram it, nor lessen the conflicting battles leading up to it.

It just KNOWS what it will be.

Originally Posted By: tom
Which means there's no risk involved. Again, consider insider trading laws. Why is it illegal to buy/sell stocks if you have inside information? Because, in this case, your level of risk is not the same as others. Why? Because you have knoweldge of the outcome that others have. More knowledge means less risk. Perfect knowledge would mean zero risk, assuming the fixed future scenario (i.e. God sees only one future result, that which will happen).

I'm rather uncomfortable in comparing God's knowledge with "inside traders information".

It's reducing God to the same level as humans -- calculating the risks, but not REALLY KNOWING, and going for what appears to be the winning way, yet not knowing for sure if it is.

For me God's love is far more brilliant BECAUSE HE KNEW!
He KNEW the end before He even created the first intellegent being.
He knew that if He created beings with the freedom of choice sin would develope.
He had choices:
1) create beings without free choice so that indeed everything was fixed and programed.
2) not create at all
3) create beings with free choice that could love and fellowship with Him "from the heart" because they wanted to, and weren't programmed to do so.

God choose the third EVEN THOUGH HE KNEW that giving freedom of choice would result in a rebellion.

Before God created any being, the PLAN of Christ standing as SURITY for created beings was put in place.

Before sin even raised it's head, Christ was "the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world."

God KNEW from the beginning.
He knows the end from the beginning.

He wanted intelligent beings who could love and have a real relationship with Him, not robots, so He created, EVEN THOUGH HE KNEW there would be rebellion.
But He also KNOWS that throughout eternity sin will never again raise its ugly head, because all the redeemed and unfallen worlds are 100% convinced that God is good, righteous, just and loving.

If God's omniscience doesn't KNOW the outcome, but knows only the probabilities, then can we be sure God will win in the final battle against sin at the end of the 1000 years, or is satan's idea that he, with the countless millions of lost can dethrone God and take over the city a possibility?

Sure we can be sure! Think of a chessmaster who has a winning position. He may not know what the specific moves will be that will lead up to his checkmating the opposition, but he can be 100% sure that with perfect play, the game is won. God, of course, doesn't make mistakes, so He can be 100% the "game is won," even though the details haven't yet been determined.

But God does KNOW what specific moves will be made. Just because He allows free choice, doesn't mean He doesn't know.

The details are not fixed (in that no one is programmed to do anything) but God still knows every detail that will take place.

Prophecy is given BECAUSE God knows.

Daniel says of the prophetic dream in Daniel 2:45
"and the dream is certain, and the interpretation thereof sure."

God even knew Cyrus by name and exactly what he would do hundreds of years before Cyrus was born. See Is.44:28-45:3)

Do we lessen God's omniscience to reduce it to our logic?

This question doesn't seem to make sense. Would you rephrase it?

You stated it wasn't logical to believe God KNEW the outcome, yet there was still risk.
So basically it's reducing God's omniscience to agree with our logic.
Our finite minds can't fully comprehend, so we try to reduce things to make them logical.

Basically, as I see it, what you said above is that God can't REALLY SEE the future, (as in not being locked in time but actually SEES the future) but that He only knows the probabilities of what the outcome will be.

No, this isn't the issue. God can see the future perfectly, but the future is not fixed. It is yet to be determined, which is just what God sees, a non-determined future.

What you just said makes no sense.
If God sees a non-determined future, He doesn't see the future.
He just sees Himself playing a chess game where the moves are in His favor, and things look good that He will win.

I'm very uncomfortable with your position.
Very uncomfortable -- I'll confess that right now.

It destroys trust in a God Who knows the end from the beginning. One Who can see the future -- not as an "non-determined future" but exactly as it will be. Thus we can depend upon His Prophetic Word as sure.

Your problem seems to be that you think "by knowing HOW people will act" God has "fixed" it so they don't have choices, but that is not the case.

Last edited by dedication; 05/23/09 02:06 AM.
Re: God omniscient-- He knows the future. [Re: dedication] #113478
05/23/09 02:21 AM
05/23/09 02:21 AM
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
O.K. let's put it this way.

You say God's knowledge would remove all risk.

But won't that be removing all emotional qualities from God? Won't that be saying God and Christ Themselves didn't actually have to go through the ordeal with all its pain and devasting sorrows.

KNOWING does not pre-program anyone's choice.
Even though God the Father and Christ Jesus KNEW what would be, what path they would follow, and how it would end, it didn't Pre-program THEM either.

At any point they could have said, "It's too much, it's not worth it" The emotions, pain, and rejected love God experiences must be TREMENDOUS.
Their KNOWING didn't "lock" them in.
They weren't forced to stick with the plan.

But GOD STILL KNEW THAT THEY WOULD.

God isn't locked in time and space like we are.

Don't let "logic" cause you to lose sight of God WHO KNOWS what will be a million years from now as if it were today.

He knows the day and hour that Christ will come again.
Even though we're told "Christ could have come ere this" God still knew He wouldn't come ere this.

God offers us choices that if we follow would greatly bless us, even though he knows we won't take them. He keeps offering till hopefully we do.

Last edited by dedication; 05/23/09 02:26 AM.
Re: God omniscient-- He knows the future. [Re: dedication] #113487
05/23/09 01:12 PM
05/23/09 01:12 PM
A
Aaron  Offline
TN
future knowledge only effects risk if your basing decisions on that knowledge. A God that respects all choices of His beings wouldnt do that. Also I have knowledge that my mother is terminal and has been for a few years because the cancer has moved to her bones. So I know she is going to die and what will do it. That doesnt mean when it happens that I wont have emotion because I already knew how it would play out.

Re: God omniscient-- He knows the future. [Re: Aaron] #113490
05/23/09 03:17 PM
05/23/09 03:17 PM
C
Colin  Offline
Active Member 2012
Very Dedicated Member
E. Oregon, USA
Originally Posted By: Aaron
future knowledge only effects risk if your basing decisions on that knowledge. A God that respects all choices of His beings wouldnt do that. Also I have knowledge that my mother is terminal and has been for a few years because the cancer has moved to her bones. So I know she is going to die and what will do it. That doesnt mean when it happens that I wont have emotion because I already knew how it would play out.

Perhaps time to move beyond alopathy/medicine - which has given up? - to places like www.cancure.org, which use natural alternatives. Sorry to hear about your mother.

Re: God omniscient-- He knows the future. [Re: Colin] #113491
05/23/09 03:38 PM
05/23/09 03:38 PM
C
Colin  Offline
Active Member 2012
Very Dedicated Member
E. Oregon, USA
I agree, Dedication, that God knows the future like you suggest. My original interjection wasn't about God's divine actions while knowing the future - which is the whole of the Bible story, afterall! - but the risk of the Son of God becoming a man.

God with us, Immanuel, lived on the human level and thus followed his Father by faith. The risk of losing the great controversy wasn't really the greatest risk should Jesus have sinned - though, as a cosmic loss it may well have been! Should Jesus have sinned, EGW wrote, he'd have lost his divinity, which is personal and not cosmic. How would that loss, from that action, have affected the Godhead? That's why this is a serious problem - and left as unanswerable/unnecessary hypothesis - for the trinitarian position of the church, today.

SDA trinitarianism may just be able to escape the disaster of Christ sinning that would befall Nicene orthodoxy: both would cease to defend a trinity as God, but Nicea's definitions would destroy the substance of God and not just one "person" of the trinity. There's no bodies or persons, in whose physical image we are created, in the Nicene dogma, just 3 centres of consciousness. SDA trinitarianism differs, allowing bodies, in fact for all three! Thus our church's trinitarian belief would still have two bodies, but no trinity, for its definition of God. How they maintain monotheism may also be in trouble, then...: it hangs on the common purpose of working out salvation. Check the chapter in SDABC Vol. 12, last page.

Under our non-trinitarian past, the nature of God would not have imploded, had Christ sinned, as since God's Son would have lost his divine nature - begotten of God as he is, but the Father would remain God, just unrevealed to mortal eyes. The Spirit is different to them, not having a body. That hypothesis may have needed a second salvation plan - including a second begotten Son, but that's not touching on how it would affect the great controversy after a failure on the first attempt...I'm merely pointing out that God's nature itself, the Godhead, would be safe, should one not be trinitarian.

Re: God omniscient-- He knows the future. [Re: Colin] #113495
05/23/09 08:01 PM
05/23/09 08:01 PM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Quote:
I'm rather uncomfortable in comparing God's knowledge with "inside traders information".

I wasn't making this comparison. I was merely explaining how the concept of risk involves knowledge of outcomes.

Quote:
It's reducing God to the same level as humans -- calculating the risks, but not REALLY KNOWING, and going for what appears to be the winning way, yet not knowing for sure if it is.

The issue I'm speaking of has to do with the nature of the future itself, not about God's knowledge. It's the substance of what's known that the salient point, not how well the thing is known. Please grasp that point!

It's your conception of the future I'm disagreeing with. I don't disagree with the idea that God perfectly knows the future. But what is that future like? Is it determined or open?

By the way, believing what God has revealed to us about Himself in no way "reduces" Him. He has revealed to us through His prophet that He took as risk in sending His Son. Christ came at the "risk of failure and eternal loss." If I believe what He's saying, that shouldn't be construed as "reducing" Him, I don't think.

Quote:

He knew that if He created beings with the freedom of choice sin would develop.

I think this is a rather insidious accusation. It implies that sin is inevitable to the act of creation. Either that or God deliberately chose to create beings that would sin when He could have chosen to create being who wouldn't. Neither of these options portrays God in a very favorable manner.

You didn't deal with my question regarding heaven being imperiled. We are told both that heaven was imperiled, and that risk was entailed in sending Christ. Neither of these ideas is compatible with the idea of a fixed future.

Quote:
T:Sure we can be sure! Think of a chessmaster who has a winning position. He may not know what the specific moves will be that will lead up to his checkmating the opposition, but he can be 100% sure that with perfect play, the game is won. God, of course, doesn't make mistakes, so He can be 100% the "game is won," even though the details haven't yet been determined.

d:But God does KNOW what specific moves will be made. Just because He allows free choice, doesn't mean He doesn't know.

It looks like you missed the point. You basically asked me how we could be sure things will play out as God said if the details are not fixed, so I explained how. Also the logical contradiction is an ontological one, not as epistemological one, as you are framing things. That is, the issue involves the way the future actually is (ontological) not God's perception of it (epistemological).

God's knowledge is perfect. He knows the future such as it is.

Quote:
Prophecy is given BECAUSE God knows.

This isn't the reason *God* gives for it!

Quote:
I have spoken it, I will also bring it to pass; I have purposed it, I will also do it. Isaiah 46:11

God gives us prophecy so that we will trust that He is able to do what He says. This is the reason He gives for it.

Given God's foreknowledge is perfect (I assert this), surely God is able to foresee what He Himself will bring to pass.

Quote:
You stated it wasn't logical to believe God KNEW the outcome, yet there was still risk.
So basically it's reducing God's omniscience to agree with our logic.
Our finite minds can't fully comprehend, so we try to reduce things to make them logical.

You are suggesting a logical contradiction which has to do with two assertions being mutually exclusive. It has nothing to do with God. Risk entails uncertainty. It's a logical contradiction to simultaneously assert that a thing both has no uncertainty and that it does have certainty.

Quote:
T:No, this isn't the issue. God can see the future perfectly, but the future is not fixed. It is yet to be determined, which is just what God sees, a non-determined future.

d:What you just said makes no sense.
If God sees a non-determined future, He doesn't see the future.

Only if the future is determined. The whole point is that the future is not determined. If it were determined before it happened, then it wouldn't be determined by us. Do you see the problem with this?

Quote:
Your problem seems to be that you think "by knowing HOW people will act" God has "fixed" it so they don't have choices, but that is not the case.

No, this isn't the issue. The issue is a logical one, involving the ontological reality of the future. It's not an epistemological one involving God.

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Re: God omniscient-- He knows the future. [Re: Tom] #113496
05/23/09 08:20 PM
05/23/09 08:20 PM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Quote:
You say God's knowledge would remove all risk.

What removes risk is uncertainty. Risk, by definition, entails uncertainty. If you remove all uncertainty, you remove all risk.

Quote:
But won't that be removing all emotional qualities from God?

No, it's the other way around! If things were as you are asserting, *that* would remove emotional qualities from God. Why? Because, in your view, there's no uncertainty, so any emotion tied to uncertainty or risk is removed.

Quote:
Won't that be saying God and Christ Themselves didn't actually have to go through the ordeal with all its pain and devastating sorrows.

If things were as you are suggesting, it would. It's wouldn't make sense to assert that God experiences this pain in any real-time sense if it's simply the playing out of a reality which was fixed eons before it happened.

Quote:

KNOWING does not pre-program anyone's choice.

Again, the issue is ontological, not epistemological.

Quote:
Even though God the Father and Christ Jesus KNEW what would be, what path they would follow, and how it would end, it didn't Pre-program THEM either.

Same point.

Quote:
At any point they could have said, "It's too much, it's not worth it"

Not really. If God wasn't going to go through with the plan, He would have foreseen that, and not even started it, of course.

Quote:
Don't let "logic" cause you to lose sight of God WHO KNOWS what will be a million years from now as if it were today.

This is true, of course. But the logical issue doesn't involve God's knowledge, but the nature of the future. It's not epistemological.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/12/24 10:01 AM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by dedication. 05/06/24 02:37 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:33 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!