HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,631
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 21
kland 6
Daryl 2
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
5 registered members (Karen Y, dedication, Kevin H, Daryl, TheophilusOne), 3,258 guests, and 7 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 99 of 105 1 2 97 98 99 100 101 104 105
Re: The Suffering of the Lost [Re: Mountain Man] #123510
02/22/10 02:06 AM
02/22/10 02:06 AM
S
StewartC  Offline
Active Member 2011
Posting New Member
Arizona , USA
What I mean, in essence, is that "force is the last resort of every false religion".

The work of destruction is a "strange" work for God, but it is not strange in the sense that it is uncommon or rare, is it? It is strange, I believe, in the sense that His way of destroying people is so much higher than man's way, that it is not possible to equate God's way with man's way in this area.

We have the Scriptural account of King Saul's suicide on the one hand, and the statement that God slew him on the other. Of course both are true, but reconciling the two things is not necessarily easy.

This is my view on the subject.

Re: The Suffering of the Lost [Re: StewartC] #123534
02/22/10 06:49 PM
02/22/10 06:49 PM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Quote:
The work of destruction is a "strange" work for God, but it is not strange in the sense that it is uncommon or rare, is it? It is strange, I believe, in the sense that His way of destroying people is so much higher than man's way, that it is not possible to equate God's way with man's way in this area.

We have the Scriptural account of King Saul's suicide on the one hand, and the statement that God slew him on the other. Of course both are true, but reconciling the two things is not necessarily easy.

Very nice insight! (the underlined part; regarding what "strange" means).

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Re: The Suffering of the Lost [Re: RLH] #123536
02/22/10 06:52 PM
02/22/10 06:52 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Originally Posted By: RLH
The plea may be made that a loving Father would not see His children suffering the punishment of God by fire while He had the power to relieve them. But God would, for the good of His subjects and for their safety, punish the transgressor. God does not work on the plan of man. He can do infinite justice that man has no right to do before his fellow man. Noah would have displeased God to have drowned one of the scoffers and mockers that harassed him, but God drowned the vast world. Lot would have had no right to inflict punishment on his sons-in-law, but God would do it in strict justice. {LDE 241.2}

Who will say God will not do what He says He will do?--12MR 207-209; 10MR 265 (1876). {LDE 241.3}

RLH: Excellent quotes MM.

Thank you. As it relates to this topic what in particular do you like about it?

Re: The Suffering of the Lost [Re: StewartC] #123538
02/22/10 07:00 PM
02/22/10 07:00 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Originally Posted By: StewartC
M: Stewart, what do you mean by "God does not personally, actively, destroy His creatures"? Who or what killed the antediluvians, the sodomites, the first born, Nadab and Abihu, etc?

S: What I mean, in essence, is that "force is the last resort of every false religion". The work of destruction is a "strange" work for God, but it is not strange in the sense that it is uncommon or rare, is it? It is strange, I believe, in the sense that His way of destroying people is so much higher than man's way, that it is not possible to equate God's way with man's way in this area.

We have the Scriptural account of King Saul's suicide on the one hand, and the statement that God slew him on the other. Of course both are true, but reconciling the two things is not necessarily easy. This is my view on the subject.

Amen! When circumstances force God to destroy sinners there is nothing forceful or violent about it by virtue of the fact it is God who did it. When God is forced to destroy sinners He is accomplishing several things, one of which is to inspire and motivate others to love and obey Him. He certainly does not mean to coerce, force, or scare them into loving and obeying Him.

What about God Himself destroying sinners? Who or what do you think destroyed the sinners I named above?

Re: The Suffering of the Lost [Re: Mountain Man] #123539
02/22/10 07:02 PM
02/22/10 07:02 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
I am reposting the following post:

Originally Posted By: Tom
M: Yes, I recall you saying some people believe Jesus died of heart failure due to a broken heart. However, you have yet to say if you're one of them. Are you? And, do you believe the wicked will the die of the same cause?

T: I said it seems clear to me that this is saying that Jesus Christ died because His heart was broken. I added that some people see this from Scripture as well. Remember that Christ almost died in Gethsemane, and would have died had not the angel God sent strengthened Him.

Thank you for answering my first question. I hear you saying, yes, Jesus died of heart failure due to a broken heart. “Takotsubo cardiomyopathy, also known as transient apical ballooning syndrome, apical ballooning cardiomyopathy, stress-induced cardiomyopathy, broken-heart-syndrome, and simply stress cardiomyopathy, is a type of non-ischemic cardiomyopathy in which there is a sudden temporary weakening of the myocardium (the muscle of the heart). Because this weakening can be triggered by emotional stress, such as the death of a loved one, the condition is also known as broken heart syndrome.”

And the reason Jesus did not die in Gethsemane of takotsubo cardiomyopathy is due to the fact an angel worked to prevent it. However, the second question remains unanswered, namely, since you believe Jesus demonstrated how and why the wicked will die do you also believe angels will work during the final judgment to prevent the wicked from dying prematurely of broken heart syndrome? If so, why will they work to prevent them from dying prematurely? To what purpose will it serve? And, what will they experience that will cause them to die of broken heart syndrome? What will break their heart?

Quote:
1. Tom, do you think Jesus' humanity prevented His character from causing sinners to be consumed to death? If so, please explain how and why.

T: You asked this too, and I answered it.

M: You mentioned that at times divinity flashed through humanity. However, you have yet to address the question above.

T: No, I answered this. Ty addressed this in his post. I pointed this out to you. Do you want me to repost it?

It would help me greatly if you were to summarize your view in the simplest of terms. I didn’t find Ty’s words helpful. I’m trying to figure out why you believe Jesus’ character did not consume the sinners with whom He came into contact. Did His humanity veil His character? If so, how did it veil it? If not, what prevented His character from consuming sinners to death? Do you believe His character will play a part in why sinners suffer and die during the final judgment? If so, how and why will it cause them to suffer and to die?

Quote:
2. If, as you say, God would not have to be physically present for His character to cause sinners to suffer and die during the final judgment, do you think Jesus' character was sufficient to cause sinners to suffer and die without Him having to be physically present?

T: You should quote what I said. What you're saying I said is not what I actually said. Your whole question it based on false assumptions from beginning to end. I'll quote from Ty Gibson to explain what I believe.

M: You said God wouldn't have to be physically present because the issue is spiritual not physical.

T: This is part of what I said. I was dealing with the fact that the revelation of God is a spiritual thing, which happens in the mind, and that if this were not the case then those who could not see, such as the blind, would not be impacted. But all will "see" Christ, and will see the revelation which occurs in the judgment. It's a phenomena which occurs in the mind. This was my main point.

I made the incidental point that God would be able to do this from heaven, as God is able to reveal Himself to us now, and does so, even though He is in heaven. So God's physical presence is not necessary in order for Him to reveal Himself. This was an incidental point, and not the main point, but an illustration of that point. You keep coming back to this, without mentioning the point. That's what gives the impression I'm saying something I'm not saying. I hope this is clear.

Ellen wrote that Satan will heal the wicked. “He makes the weak strong and inspires all with his own spirit and energy. He proposes to lead them against the camp of the saints and to take possession of the City of God.” {GC 663.1} Do you think he will be unable to “make” them see? Also, how do you think God will spiritually reveal Himself to the wicked? How do you think they will perceive what He is revealing to them? If, as you say, God reveals Himself to us now, why doesn’t it cause us to suffer and to die like it will the wicked during the final judgment? What makes the difference?

Quote:
M: Let's look it at from a practical view point. Jesus raises the wicked. They resume with the same thoughts and feelings they had before they died. Are you saying this is a spiritual state? And, do you think they are capable of comprehending the character of God and suffering and dying according to their sinfulness without Jesus doing anything else? That is, do you think Jesus need only resurrect them and everything else will play out naturally without Jesus doing anything else?

T: I think what happens happens in the mind, as a revelation of God. In the vision of Ellen White's, she speaks of how the scenes of Christ appear, and how the law appears in fiery letters, and the lost become aware of every sin they have committed. I don't believe this is literally true, for a number of reasons, but believe the symbols bring out truths, which I'll explain.

First of all, why isn't it literally true? For one thing, if the law were written in fiery letters, what language would it be written in? The only language that makes sense is Hebrew, but few people understand Hebrew, so this would be meaningless for the vast majority.

One could respond that God would miraculously make the letters appear to be whatever language the person understands, but some people can't read at all, and if God is going to make the letters be interpreted in the language one can understand, then God is communicating directly with the mind of each individual, which is what I believe is actually happening. I believe the presentation of the truths outlined is individualized for each person there.

For example, consider the scenes of the life of Christ. Most people don't even know who Christ was, let alone the meaning of the scenes of His life. They would have to be given some sort of context to understand these things. Some education would have to be involved. This involves communication with the mind again, in an individual fashion.

Finally consider the fact that a person is made aware of all of their sins. If this is done all at once, it's not a meaningful experience. However, if one's life is considered moment by moment, it's meaningful, and the idea of proportional suffering makes sense.

We're told that each one will be present at the throne of Christ, and that each one individually will need to make an accounting of their decisions in life. This again points to individualized communication in the judgment, between God and each individual lost person.

I think God will go through the lives of each one, point by point, showing where He was present by means of the Holy Spirit, showing the significance of the decisions made by each one, the rejection of Christ, the impact on the lives of others, each important event in the person's life in its true bearing. This will cause suffering, and it will be proportional to the sin committed and the light rejected.

I’m happy to learn you believe each person will experience judgment in an individualized manner, that they will experience the full result of each sin as they revisit them one at a time. Whether or not your version of it or Ellen’s description of it is correct is yet to be seen. Nevertheless, it’s nice to know you believe it will happen on an individual basis. However, there’s one thing I still don’t understand, namely, do you believe they will have this experience naturally after Jesus resurrects them? Or, do you believe Jesus will have to do something so that they can experience revisiting their sins and suffer and die accordingly?

Quote:
3. How and why does the character of God cause sinners to suffer and die according to their sinfulness?

T: I'll quote from Ty.

T: Quoting from Ty hasn't been helpful in the past.

T: I think if you read what he wrote carefully, and considered it, it would be helpful.

I did read it and it wasn’t helpful. It would be helpful if you would simply explain what you believe in the simplest of terms. Your detailed explanation above did not mention anything about the role God’s character will play in their suffering and death. Nor did you say what they will die of (broken heart syndrome like Jesus or something else).

Quote:
4. Is it necessary for the wicked to comprehend the character of God in order to suffer and die?

T: You've asked this before too, many times, and each time I've explained that this is not necessary. Your question is assuming a false premise.

M: If comprehending the character of God is unnecessary to suffer and die, why, then, will they suffer and die?

T: You're not understanding the difference between necessity and sufficiency. You're confusing the too. What the wicked go through is sufficient to cause them suffering, but not necessary, as they could suffer in other ways.

Above you said revisiting their sins in judgment will cause them to suffer (although you came short of saying it will cause them to die). You also failed to say if Jesus will have to do anything, other than resurrect them, for them to suffer and die. Finally, you haven’t explained what role God’s character will play, if any, as to how and why they will suffer and die. It would be very helpful if you would explain these things.

Quote:
M: What role, if any, will the character of God play in the suffering and death of the wicked? In what sense is God a consuming fire? In what sense will He destroy them?

T: As DA 764 explains. Also Ty's quote. "Then shall they that obey not the gospel be consumed with the spirit of His mouth, and be destroyed with the brightness of His coming. Like Israel of old, the wicked destroy themselves; they fall by their iniquity. By a life of sin, they have placed themselves so out of harmony with God, their natures have become so debased with evil, that the manifestation of His glory is to them a consuming fire." The Great Controversy, 37.

“That this statement is a direct explanation of the verse under study is clear from the fact that firstly the text is quoted, and then comment is made upon it. Therein, it is affirmed that the wicked destroy themselves. It is not the work of God but their own. They have sown the seed and they must reap the harvest.

“Most significant, is the parallel drawn between the way in which Israel perished and the destruction in the last days. As the one perished, so will the other. This is to indicate that the Israelites were likewise destroyed with the brightness of His coming. This is true, for that is exactly how they did come to their end. It may be immediately objected that Jesus did not come with outshining glory at His first advent. Furthermore, He was far away in the distant heavens when the Jews met their fate, so there is no visible evidence of their having been consumed with the brightness of His glory. Such an interpretation depends on the understanding of what the brightness of His glory is and how humans are consumed by it. Defining that expression is the key to solving the problem.

“The factor which above all others brought the Jews to their untimely end, was the manifestation of the brightness of God's character-glory in Christ. Before Christ came, the Jews were in a serious state of apostasy, but, even so, were not totally separated from God, for they had not taken the final steps in rebellion. But, as the light of Christ's glorious character shone on them, they were driven to desperate lengths of resistance until they were pushed to the extremes of apostasy. God did not intend that such be the result of this revelation, but once they determined on rejection of Him, it became the only possible outworking of that decision. They were destroyed, and it was by the brightness of His coming.

The sequence then was as follows:
The Jews were in a state of apostasy.

Christ shone on them the brightness of His coming, the glory of His character.

The actual destruction was accomplished by the unleashed natural forces.

In the sacred writings, both of these forces are described.

There we can read of Christ's coming, of the Jews' reaction, and of the separation of the Spirit of God from them.

Then we can read of the destructive work accomplished by the outrage of human passion no longer under divine restraint.

In exactly the same way, there is recorded the identical procedure which leads to the destruction of the wicked in the final overthrow of mankind.

They will be in a state of deep apostasy.

The brightness of His coming will be revealed to them in the loud cry.

Their rejection of this influence will drive them to separate themselves from God's protection.

The actual destruction to befall them will be accomplished by the unleashing of the wild passions within them and by the unrestrained forces of nature.

Basically then, it is the brightness of His coming which destroys them but not in the sense that they are struck down by it. That is left to the unrestrained forces in man and nature, the destruction from which the brightness of His coming would have saved them if they had related to it correctly.

“The actual destruction to befall them will be accomplished by the unleashing of the wild passions within them and by the unrestrained forces of nature.” Do you believe it is the revelation of the glory of God’s character during the final judgment that will cause the “forces in man and nature” to cause the wicked to suffer and to die according to their sinfulness? And, do you believe this would happen naturally even if Jesus did not reveal the character of God during the final judgment? Also, what forces in man and nature will cause them to suffer and to die? Please name the forces you believe will be responsible for causing them to suffer and to die. By the way, who wrote what you quoted above?

Re: The Suffering of the Lost [Re: Mountain Man] #123555
02/23/10 06:03 PM
02/23/10 06:03 PM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Quote:
M: Yes, I recall you saying some people believe Jesus died of heart failure due to a broken heart. However, you have yet to say if you're one of them. Are you? And, do you believe the wicked will the die of the same cause?

T: I said it seems clear to me that this is saying that Jesus Christ died because His heart was broken. I added that some people see this from Scripture as well. Remember that Christ almost died in Gethsemane, and would have died had not the angel God sent strengthened Him.

M:Thank you for answering my first question. I hear you saying, yes, Jesus died of heart failure due to a broken heart. “Takotsubo cardiomyopathy, also known as transient apical ballooning syndrome, apical ballooning cardiomyopathy, stress-induced cardiomyopathy, broken-heart-syndrome, and simply stress cardiomyopathy, is a type of non-ischemic cardiomyopathy in which there is a sudden temporary weakening of the myocardium (the muscle of the heart). Because this weakening can be triggered by emotional stress, such as the death of a loved one, the condition is also known as broken heart syndrome.”

And the reason Jesus did not die in Gethsemane of takotsubo cardiomyopathy is due to the fact an angel worked to prevent it. However, the second question remains unanswered, namely, since you believe Jesus demonstrated how and why the wicked will die do you also believe angels will work during the final judgment to prevent the wicked from dying prematurely of broken heart syndrome? If so, why will they work to prevent them from dying prematurely? To what purpose will it serve? And, what will they experience that will cause them to die of broken heart syndrome? What will break their heart?

There's not just one way that sin is destructive. God works to prevent *all* the destructive ways that sin could kill a person. For example, sin results in guilt, and guilt causes stress. The weakest part of the body gives way, and the person develops a disease. This needn't be the same part of the body for each person.

In DA 764, EGW explains that had God left Satan and his followers to reap the full result of their sin, they would perish. As I've explained on multiple occasions, if God did not do this, then people would die, and if God left people to reap the full result of their sin prematurely, then they couldn't take part in the judgment, since they would be dead.

Those who wait for the Bridegroom's coming are to say to the people, "Behold your God." The last rays of merciful light, the last message of mercy to be given to the world, is a revelation of His character of love.
Re: The Suffering of the Lost [Re: Tom] #123556
02/23/10 06:08 PM
02/23/10 06:08 PM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Originally Posted By: MM
Amen! When circumstances force God to destroy sinners there is nothing forceful or violent about it by virtue of the fact it is God who did it.

This makes no sense. For example, if an arrow is shot from a bow and pierces a vital organ, killing someone, that's a forceful and violent death. It makes no difference whether a man, or an angle, or God, pulled the bow.

Quote:
What's in a name? that which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet;

(Romeo and Juliet; Act II Scene II)

Re: The Suffering of the Lost [Re: Tom] #123557
02/23/10 06:26 PM
02/23/10 06:26 PM
Tom  Offline
Active Member 2012
14500+ Member
Lawrence, Kansas
Quote:
Ellen wrote that Satan will heal the wicked. “He makes the weak strong and inspires all with his own spirit and energy. He proposes to lead them against the camp of the saints and to take possession of the City of God.” {GC 663.1} Do you think he will be unable to “make” them see?

Yes.

Quote:
Also, how do you think God will spiritually reveal Himself to the wicked?

By speaking to their mind through His Spirit.

Quote:
How do you think they will perceive what He is revealing to them? If, as you say, God reveals Himself to us now, why doesn’t it cause us to suffer and to die like it will the wicked during the final judgment? What makes the difference?

The Ty Gibson quote addressed what makes the difference, which is basically involves receiving light bit by bit in healing doses rather than all at once. Regarding what the lost will perceive, there's an SOP quote that addresses this which speaks to the fact that they'll be able to understand things to some extent. I'll see if I can find the quote.

Quote:
3. How and why does the character of God cause sinners to suffer and die according to their sinfulness?

T: I'll quote from Ty.

T: Quoting from Ty hasn't been helpful in the past.

T: I think if you read what he wrote carefully, and considered it, it would be helpful.

M:I did read it and it wasn’t helpful. It would be helpful if you would simply explain what you believe in the simplest of terms. Your detailed explanation above did not mention anything about the role God’s character will play in their suffering and death. Nor did you say what they will die of (broken heart syndrome like Jesus or something else).

If the Ty explanation isn't clear to you, I'm sure I can't improve on that.

Quote:
4. Is it necessary for the wicked to comprehend the character of God in order to suffer and die?

T: You've asked this before too, many times, and each time I've explained that this is not necessary. Your question is assuming a false premise.

M: If comprehending the character of God is unnecessary to suffer and die, why, then, will they suffer and die?

T: You're not understanding the difference between necessity and sufficiency. You're confusing the too. What the wicked go through is sufficient to cause them suffering, but not necessary, as they could suffer in other ways.

MM:Above you said revisiting their sins in judgment will cause them to suffer

This is sufficiency (but not necessity).

[quot]e(although you came short of saying it will cause them to die). You also failed to say if Jesus will have to do anything, other than resurrect them, for them to suffer and die.[/quote]

You're asking a necessity question here. The answer is no, in regards to necessity. It's not necessary for Jesus to do something special to cause those who sin to suffer.

Quote:
Finally, you haven’t explained what role God’s character will play, if any, as to how and why they will suffer and die.

Yes I have. Many times.

Quote:
It would be very helpful if you would explain these things.

It wasn't before, evidently, as apparently you can't remember that I said anything.

Quote:
MM:“The actual destruction to befall them will be accomplished by the unleashing of the wild passions within them and by the unrestrained forces of nature.” Do you believe it is the revelation of the glory of God’s character during the final judgment that will cause the “forces in man and nature” to cause the wicked to suffer and to die according to their sinfulness?

This is actually dealing with Christ's second coming. I think similar principles are at play, but the suffering before Christ's coming is not proportional. I think the proportional suffering referred to in the final judgment is directly related to their sin. That is, as the truth is revealed to each one, that causes suffering. The more sin, the more light that had been rejected, the more suffering.

Quote:
And, do you believe this would happen naturally even if Jesus did not reveal the character of God during the final judgment?

I'm not sure what "this" is. The wicked would suffer, because sin leads to suffering, but it would not be the same suffering that comes as a result of the truth being revealed.

Quote:
Also, what forces in man and nature will cause them to suffer and to die?

Now we're going back to the Second Coming. All sorts of forces common to nature and man.

Re: The Suffering of the Lost [Re: Tom] #123558
02/23/10 06:33 PM
02/23/10 06:33 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA

M: Thank you for answering my first question. I hear you saying, yes, Jesus died of heart failure due to a broken heart. “Takotsubo cardiomyopathy, also known as transient apical ballooning syndrome, apical ballooning cardiomyopathy, stress-induced cardiomyopathy, broken-heart-syndrome, and simply stress cardiomyopathy, is a type of non-ischemic cardiomyopathy in which there is a sudden temporary weakening of the myocardium (the muscle of the heart). Because this weakening can be triggered by emotional stress, such as the death of a loved one, the condition is also known as broken heart syndrome.”

T: There's not just one way that sin is destructive. God works to prevent *all* the destructive ways that sin could kill a person. For example, sin results in guilt, and guilt causes stress. The weakest part of the body gives way, and the person develops a disease. This needn't be the same part of the body for each person.

In DA 764, EGW explains that had God left Satan and his followers to reap the full result of their sin, they would perish. As I've explained on multiple occasions, if God did not do this, then people would die, and if God left people to reap the full result of their sin prematurely, then they couldn't take part in the judgment, since they would be dead.

Tom, you didn't answer my questions. You have repeatedly told us we must study the suffering and death of Jesus on the cross in order to understand how and why the wicked will suffer and die during the final judgment. Did you mean to say the wicked will, like Jesus, die of heart failure due to broken heart syndrome, and that angels must work to prevent them from dying prematurely so that they can live long enough to suffer according to their sinfulness?

Re: The Suffering of the Lost [Re: Tom] #123559
02/23/10 06:40 PM
02/23/10 06:40 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
M: When circumstances force God to destroy sinners there is nothing forceful or violent about it by virtue of the fact it is God who did it.

T: This makes no sense. For example, if an arrow is shot from a bow and pierces a vital organ, killing someone, that's a forceful and violent death. It makes no difference whether a man, or an angle, or God, pulled the bow.

You are in direct disagreement with the SOP on this point. Here's what she wrote about it:

Quote:
The plea may be made that a loving Father would not see His children suffering the punishment of God by fire while He had the power to relieve them. But God would, for the good of His subjects and for their safety, punish the transgressor. God does not work on the plan of man. He can do infinite justice that man has no right to do before his fellow man. Noah would have displeased God to have drowned one of the scoffers and mockers that harassed him, but God drowned the vast world. Lot would have had no right to inflict punishment on his sons-in-law, but God would do it in strict justice. {LDE 241.2}

Who will say God will not do what He says He will do?--12MR 207-209; 10MR 265 (1876). {LDE 241.3}

"Who will say God will not do what He says He will do?" In answer to her question I submit you, Tom. She very plainly said, "God does not work on the plan of man. He can do infinite justice that man has no right to do before his fellow man", and yet you plainly contradict her. You seem to think God cannot do things that would be sinful for us to do. Whereas she clearly believed He can and has and does.

Page 99 of 105 1 2 97 98 99 100 101 104 105

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/12/24 10:01 AM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by dedication. 05/06/24 02:37 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:33 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!