HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,619
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 21
kland 9
Daryl 4
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
5 registered members (dedication, Karen Y, Nadi, 2 invisible), 3,409 guests, and 22 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 16 of 16 1 2 14 15 16
Re: Does All Being Saved in the End and Nobody Being Lost Have Biblical Support? [Re: kland] #157206
10/15/13 07:40 PM
10/15/13 07:40 PM
dedication  Online Content
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: kland
Excellent job dedication!

While sometimes wondering if she's getting this stuff elsewhere, I kind of assumed no one else was that far out.

Interesting to look at the financial aspect of this Jones. It does seem to suggest money. Wonder if he's buying gold? selling his gold and buying silver? Or maybe just selling his silver to the pavement buyers?

What evokes even further curiosity is that there are two Dr. Stephen E. Jones.

The first claims to be the child of missionaries, and that he was once a pastor of a small church (no denomination mentioned), took ten years out and returned to a new ministry. He's the Gods Kingdom-Ministries guy and has all these strange ideas of everyone being saved eventually, and no real choice, he even talks of the "asses"-- we usually don't use that term anymore but say "donkeys" but noticed both he and Elle used that illustration.

The second is a Physics professor at Brigham Young University and is into this Global Economic Restructure stuff, and all the conspiracy stuff etc.

Elle seems to have posted from both.

I don't think they are the same person unless he started as minister in a church, then during those 10 years was a professor in the Brigham Young University, and now is running all these so called "ministries".
Though that seems quite a stretch -- (the names Stephen and jones are after all very common names).

Though the "God's Kingdom" Jones, does have some of the restructure stuff on his website as well.

So are they different persons as it appears, or the same?
I don't know -- Just curious as I'm looking at the stuff.

Re: Does All Being Saved in the End and Nobody Being Lost Have Biblical Support? [Re: dedication] #157208
10/15/13 10:04 PM
10/15/13 10:04 PM
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
The list of Texts

Acts 3:25;

Peter is preaching in the temple after healing the lame man.

Quote:
3:16 You denied the Holy One and the Just, and desired a murderer to be granted unto you;
3:15 And killed the Prince of life,....
3:19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out...
3:23 And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people.
3:25 Ye are the children of the prophets, and of the covenant which God made with our fathers, saying unto Abraham, And in thy seed shall all the kindreds of the earth be blessed.

The context plainly shows Peter is telling them they Killed the very one that was promised to Abraham Who would be a blessing to all people. Yes, Christ is a blessing to all people, but those who reject Him have rejected that blessing and will be destroyed.

exolethreuo = destroy utterly, to extirpate,

Don't spiritualize the plain words away.

Acts 3:21
This text comes from the same sermon as the texts above.
Quote:
3:20 And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you:
3:21 Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

Peter is saying Christ has returned to heaven until the time to restore all things when he will come again.
It does not say all people who have ever lived will be saved.
That idea is read into YOUR PERSONAL definition of the "restoration of all things".
At that time sin will be WIPED out completely from the whole universe and peace and harmony will be restored.
That includes verse 23.

3:23 And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people.

exolethreuo = destroy utterly, to extirpate,

Gal 3:8;
Quote:
3:7 Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.
3:8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, [saying], In thee shall all nations be blessed.

This is saying the gospel blessings are offered to all nations. Yes, they are for all nations BUT
Notice who, however benefits --
THEY WHICH ARE OF FAITH
Its not a matter of --only Jews are recipients of the promises to Abraham, but those promises include people of all nations WHO HAVE FAITH. They are justified through faith.

Again -- there is nothing here that everyone, no matter what they think, believe or do will be saved

Eph 1:9,10;
Quote:
1:9 Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself:
1:10 That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; in him:

5:1 Be ye therefore followers of God, as dear children;
5:2 And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour.
5:3 But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints;
5:4 Neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor jesting, which are not convenient: but rather giving of thanks.
5:5 For this you know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.
5:6 Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience.
5:7 Be not ye therefore partakers with them

Paul is preaching the wonderful gospel message of Christ's great offer of salvation.
And Christ will gather ALL that are in Him,
but those who continue in their sins are excluded from the inheritance.

And there is no way I'm going to believe that those outside the inheritance will have to work off their debt. Which is saying in essence they will have to BUY their salvation. That is so anti-gospel, anti bible - and simply a re-structuring of the penance/earning merits concept taught by the Catholic church.

"Let no man deceive you with vain words"

Re: Does All Being Saved in the End and Nobody Being Lost Have Biblical Support? [Re: dedication] #157211
10/16/13 01:22 AM
10/16/13 01:22 AM
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
1Tim 4:10;

Quote:
4:8 Godliness is profitable unto all things, having promise of the life that now is, and of that which is to come.
4:9 This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptation.
4:10 For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

The "labor and reproach" is patiently endured because of the promise of life to come.
The cross of Christ offers salvation to all men. ( 1Ti 2:4) Tells us that God desires that all be saved, and God has given people their temporal life {the life that now is with all its blessings} so they can become believers, yet how much more are these blessing for those who are believers. While offering salvation to all, it is effective for believers alone.

John 6:47 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me has everlasting life.

1Tim 2:1-6;

Quote:

2:1 I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, giving of thanks, be made for all men;....
God our Saviour;
2:4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
2:5 For [there is] one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;
2:6 Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

Paul is urging believers to pray for the salvation of unbelievers, for God desires that all men be saved.
Christ died for all.

And yes the word "will" has that meaning -- (desire that)
In all these texts the word "thelo" here translated "will" carries the meaning "desire" John 12:21; 15:7; 16:19; 17:24; 21:18; 21:22)
The whole concept is that God has made provision that all be saved, He would love to have all saved, and He desires us to pray for the salvation of others.
Yet further on Paul makes it plain that not all are saved:

Quote:
6:6 Godliness with contentment is great gain.
6:9 But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and [into] many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition.

drown -- sink into the deep
destruction -- destroy, ruin, death
perdition -- condemned to destruction,

1Jn 4:14;

Quote:
4:13 Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he has given us of his Spirit.
4:14 And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son, the Saviour of the world.
4:15 Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwells in him, and he in God.

5:11 And this is the record, that God has given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.
5:12 He that has the Son has life; [and] he that has not the Son of God has not life.

Yes, God sent Jesus to save everyone in the world, no one needs to be excluded, but only those who accept that fabulous gift and accept Christ as their Saviour have the assurance of eternal life. He that rejects Christ, rejects life (Period)

Jn 3:17;

Quote:
3:16 "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish but have eternal life.

3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

God didn't send Jesus to condemn an already condemned and bound for eternal death world -- a perishing world. He sent Jesus to provide a way to life! God loves people and provides salvation for all, but so many won't believe and stay in the condemned state.

1Jn 2:2;

Quote:
1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
2:1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:
2:2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for [the sins of] the whole world.

The conditions are plainly spelled out here.
We can come with assurance to Christ for the forgiveness of sins. He has made provision for the forgiveness of the sins of the whole world, so no one needs to worry that their sins are too great for Christ to forgive.
Yet, the condition is plain
IF we confess our sins, He is faithful to forgive and cleanse.

The bottom line in all these texts is this:
Condemnation and death was the fate of the whole world.
Christ came to offer life to everyone.
but the CHOICE remains with the person.
Will they choose Christ, the light and life?
Or will they choose to remain in sin, and darkness that ends, not only in the first death that all must suffer but in ultimate total destruction.

Re: Does All Being Saved in the End and Nobody Being Lost Have Biblical Support? [Re: dedication] #157464
10/22/13 04:55 PM
10/22/13 04:55 PM
Daryl  Offline
OP
Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
Elle seems to be silent in relation to these latest posts. surrender

In His Love, Mercy & Grace,

Daryl smile

John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

http://www.christians-discuss.com/forum/index.php
Re: Does All Being Saved in the End and Nobody Being Lost Have Biblical Support? [Re: Daryl] #157467
10/22/13 10:38 PM
10/22/13 10:38 PM
H
Harold Fair  Offline
Active Member 2013
Florida, USA
Dedication said it all.

Harold T.
Re: Does All Being Saved in the End and Nobody Being Lost Have Biblical Support? [Re: Daryl] #157477
10/23/13 07:41 AM
10/23/13 07:41 AM
E
Elle  Offline
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: Daryl
Elle seems to be silent in relation to these latest posts. surrender
I'm a bit busy right now and there's at least 5 discussions for me to address. So I don't know which one I'll address first.

Blessings
Re: Does All Being Saved in the End and Nobody Being Lost Have Biblical Support? [Re: Elle] #157479
10/23/13 08:26 AM
10/23/13 08:26 AM
Green Cochoa  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
Originally Posted By: Elle
Seems that Elle hasn't yet responded to Green's last post.
I don't think I will have the time to respond this week. Maybe next week. 3 items to respond. The first is easy but the two Matthew parable will take some studying prior and typing another long one to cover them.

Maybe it was five posts all in this same thread. In any case, take your time. I can understand being busy, as I've been quite busy lately as well.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

We can receive of heaven's light only as we are willing to be emptied of self. We can discern the character of God, and accept Christ by faith, only as we consent to the bringing into captivity of every thought to the obedience of Christ. And to all who do this, the Holy Spirit is given without measure. In Christ "dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in Him." [Colossians 2:9, 10.] {GW 57.1} -- Ellen White.
Re: Does All Being Saved in the End and Nobody Being Lost Have Biblical Support? [Re: Green Cochoa] #157480
10/23/13 09:03 AM
10/23/13 09:03 AM
E
Elle  Offline
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: Green Cochoa
Originally Posted By: Elle
Seems that Elle hasn't yet responded to Green's last post.
I don't think I will have the time to respond this week. Maybe next week. 3 items to respond. The first is easy but the two Matthew parable will take some studying prior and typing another long one to cover them.

Maybe it was five posts all in this same thread. In any case, take your time. I can understand being busy, as I've been quite busy lately as well.

I wish. No, it's in 5 differents threads with many posts in each....and I'm not very good in writing down my thoughts in good English. It takes me more time than most people to write something down.

I appreciate your understanding Green, and I do enjoy the discussions.

Blessings
Re: Does All Being Saved in the End and Nobody Being Lost Have Biblical Support? [Re: Elle] #157489
10/23/13 06:24 PM
10/23/13 06:24 PM
jamesonofthunder  Offline
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
Elle, so you believe that no one will be in hell?

The last chapter of the old testament begs to differ with you...

Malachi 4:3 And ye shall tread down the wicked; for they shall be ashes under the soles of your feet in the day that I shall do this, saith the Lord of hosts.

ASHES. Not lesser believers, ashes. The idea that everyone makes it to heaven fits with the supremacist mindset of the Sacred Name movement.

You also seem to be getting deeper into your Sacred Name mindset Elle. Why would someone who is obviously not a devoted SDA believer want so desperately to congregate with SDA believers? Sounds like someone with an agenda, and very soon you will be tested on your faith and you will fail because you have not tended to the soil of your soul. The seed has fallen by the wayside, and the birds have taken what would have saved you.

You think you are more enlightened than Ellen White and come into our body of believers and try to convert others to your mindset? Oh how terrible for you in the last days.

I do pray for you. But I am not encouraged for you.

Search me oh God and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts, see if there is any offensive way in me and lead me to the way everlasting. Amen
Page 16 of 16 1 2 14 15 16

Moderator  dedication 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/05/24 05:39 AM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/30/24 10:34 PM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by dedication. 05/05/24 05:07 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!