HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,631
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 24
kland 6
Daryl 2
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
Daryl
Daryl
Nova Scotia, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
5 registered members (Daryl, dedication, Karen Y, TheophilusOne, 1 invisible), 3,675 guests, and 11 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Leukemia help needed #141423
04/21/12 02:55 PM
04/21/12 02:55 PM
asygo  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2023

5500+ Member
California, USA
A friend was recently diagnosed with Chronic Leukemia. Not surprisingly, the allopathic doctors don't have any treatments for it unless it becomes the Acute version, in which case they will do chemo, etc.

The best treatment we have found so far is to keep the immune system strong. Does anybody have other natural remedies that could help? Thanks.

By God's grace,
Arnold

There is no excuse for any one in taking the position that there is no more truth to be revealed, and that all our expositions of Scripture are without an error. The fact that certain doctrines have been held as truth for many years by our people, is not a proof that our ideas are infallible. Age will not make error into truth, and truth can afford to be fair. No true doctrine will lose anything by close investigation. RH 12/20/1892
Re: Leukemia help needed [Re: asygo] #141424
04/21/12 03:38 PM
04/21/12 03:38 PM
E
Elle  Offline
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
I'm sorry to hear about your friend having Leukemia Arnold. Since it is classified as a slow occuring cancer of the white blood cells, the best natural remedy for him is -- a variety of simple wholesome foods aiming to increase his raw veges and fruits intake rather than any other "vegan" process foods. Then of course plenty of water and exercise. These of course can help any ailments.

But above all of these the best "natural remedy" is a healed up mind and heart. Ellen White says something like 9/10 of diseases are caused by the mind. Only by having the heart and mind healed can materialized in body healing without having time to change the lifestyle or to employ any "natural treatment".

In 2009, I heard a live testimony of Gloria Bentzinger who had brain Tumor. This is one of the cancers that are rare to recover from and quick. They had scheduled to operate on her, and conducted another MRI just prior to the surgery, and it totally disappeared. What happened? She didn't go to Weimar and follow the NEWSTART program, or whatever. She simply surrendered to Jesus. And for some reason in His wisdom, He saw fit to heal her.

You can read her testimony here and find it on page 8. http://www.adventistarchives.org/docs/RH/RH19970116-V174-03__C.pdf

Here's a quote of what she learned from her experience :

"Our twisted views on the priority of immediate physical healing override the more important emotional and spiritual healing that God gives. My encounter with God when I submitted to His will was the most beautiful part of my experience. The tumor disappearing was just the "icing on the cake".

After being gracefully healed emotionally/spiritually by which the physcial healing followed, to live as closely as possible to G-d's blue print for man would safegard against further DNA damages. Then again, the aim or most important thing is not to maintain physical health but the spiritual. The rest comes if it is the Lord's will.

Blessings
Re: Leukemia help needed [Re: Elle] #141452
04/21/12 11:25 PM
04/21/12 11:25 PM
Daryl  Online Canadian

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
We know a person from one of our churches in our district who had Prostrate Cancer. He had taken chemo/radiation treatments several times after having gone through several times of remission, however, the last time his cancer was in such a state that they wanted to give him intensive chemo/radiation treatment. This time, however, he refused the treatment and decided to go the natural healing route.

He called our SDA naturalpathic doctors, if I spelled that right, and they told him what to do. This was back in October, 2011.

A month or so ago he went for a checkup, after following his vegan diet to the letter and taking wheat grass juice along with the complete vegan diet, and was declared to be cancer free. They want him to go back in November, 2012 for a follow-up checkup.

In His Love, Mercy & Grace,

Daryl smile

John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

http://www.christians-discuss.com/forum/index.php
Re: Leukemia help needed [Re: Elle] #141455
04/21/12 11:33 PM
04/21/12 11:33 PM
jamesonofthunder  Offline
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
Dear asygo,

There is a treatment that the Spirit of Prophecy advocates that is not used very often any more but it is a powerful way of stimulating our immune system to fight cancer.

I believe it is called 'fomentation'?

The goal is to stimulate a fever response in the body. They use heat packs for a time, then alternate with cold. This stimulates white blood cell formation which helps fight the cancer cells.

It is a very uncomfortable procedure but I have heard miraculous things about it.

http://www.backyardnature.net/m/yb/40ray_h.htm

http://www.hs-wholistic.org/fomentations.html

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3104705577173004737

Search me oh God and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts, see if there is any offensive way in me and lead me to the way everlasting. Amen
Re: Leukemia help needed [Re: jamesonofthunder] #141508
04/23/12 02:04 PM
04/23/12 02:04 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
While prayer and belief and mind healing is important, if one smokes and drinks and lives like the "normal" person, they are going to die like the normal person. Can we ask God to heal us if we rebel from following health principles.

Regarding Asygo's friend, if people can have a dramatic affect on type 1 diabetes in 30 days, it would not be unfathomable to believe people can get rid of cancer. I have read that we all have cancer cells caused all the time in our bodies. We are fearfully and wonderfully made to repair such damage. But, we must provide the materials for that repair. Our bodies can take abuse only so long.

Curing Diabetes in 30 days entails raw fruits and vegetables. One may also want to get on a cleansing and juice program. But the most important thing is to eat no animal products, no process foods, and of course it goes without saying, no refined sugar!

But, not likely many people are willing to do that. I had one tell me he would rather die than eat the way I do. Bring on the steaks and donuts!

Every substance you put in your mouth either helps or harms you. If you put dead food in your mouth, it is taking up space for healing food.

There are no magic chemicals, no magic pills, no magic herbs. But many want to do something great or technologically advanced thing rather than such a simple thing as dip in the muddy Jordan.

Re: Leukemia help needed [Re: kland] #141530
04/23/12 11:20 PM
04/23/12 11:20 PM
asygo  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2023

5500+ Member
California, USA
Thank you for the info. I will let my friend know.

Last edited by asygo; 04/24/12 11:53 PM.

By God's grace,
Arnold

There is no excuse for any one in taking the position that there is no more truth to be revealed, and that all our expositions of Scripture are without an error. The fact that certain doctrines have been held as truth for many years by our people, is not a proof that our ideas are infallible. Age will not make error into truth, and truth can afford to be fair. No true doctrine will lose anything by close investigation. RH 12/20/1892
Re: Leukemia help needed [Re: kland] #141532
04/23/12 11:33 PM
04/23/12 11:33 PM
asygo  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2023

5500+ Member
California, USA
Originally Posted By: kland
There are no magic chemicals, no magic pills, no magic herbs. But many want to do something great or technologically advanced thing rather than such a simple thing as dip in the muddy Jordan.

Yes, stepping into the muddy Jordan doesn't seem like it would work. But if God says to do it, it's probably the best way to go.

By God's grace,
Arnold

Re: Leukemia help needed [Re: asygo] #141533
04/23/12 11:34 PM
04/23/12 11:34 PM
asygo  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2023

5500+ Member
California, USA
Does anyone know of the anti-cancer properties of Dandelions? Here's an article I came across: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/windsor/story/2012/04/20/wdr-dandelion-tea-research-grant.html

By God's grace,
Arnold

Re: Leukemia help needed [Re: asygo] #141562
04/24/12 06:31 PM
04/24/12 06:31 PM
S
Suzanne  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2016

Dedicated Member
Calif. USA
Grapeseed Extract Kills 76% of Leukemia Cancer Cells in 24 Hours

by Mike Adams, the Health Ranger, NaturalNews Editor

(NaturalNews) A new study conducted at the University of Kentucky in the United States, and published in the journal Clinical Cancer Research, found that leukemia cancer cells exposed to grapeseed extract (GSE) were rapidly killed through a process of cell suicide known as "apoptosis."

In these laboratory studies, an astonishing 76% of leukemia cells committed suicide within 24 hours thanks to the ability of GSE to activate a protein called JNK, which regulates apoptosis.

In a healthy person, cancer cell apoptosis is a normal, healthy part of biology. Every living system creates cancerous cells. There are hundreds or thousands of "microtumors" in every human being living today, but cancerous cells in healthy people destroy themselves once they realize they're flawed. This cellular "realization," however, requires healthy cell communication, and that's dependent on the correct nutrients, minerals and proteins being available in the body.

Grapeseed extract appears to accelerate this process in cancer cells, helping them more rapidly assess their own flawed state so they can engage in apoptosis (cell suicide), thus protecting the larger organism (the body).

It's important to note that this recent study was conducted in a lab, not in human beings, so its conclusions cannot necessarily be directly translated into saying something like "grapeseed extract cures cancer," for example. However, it does indicate quite convincingly that if the unique phytochemical molecules found in grapeseed extract can be delivered to leukemia cells with sufficient potency, they may play an important role in cancer cells destroying themselves, thereby protecting the whole organism from runaway cancer.

If the results demonstrated in the labs at the University of Kentucky can be replicated in humans, it could potentially position grapeseed extract as one of the most powerful natural chemotherapeutic agents yet discovered.

Grapeseed extract has been studied and demonstrated to be remarkably effective at killing cancer cells for many different types of cancer, by the way, including cancers of the breast, prostate, lung, skin bowel and stomach.

Eat more grapes?

The conventional cancer community, of course, is quick to warn people not to simply eat more grapes in the hopes that grapeseed extract will help prevent their cancer. But I ask, "Why not?" Unlike toxic chemotherapy, eating grapes has zero negative side effects. At the same time, grapes offer numerous other health benefits, since they are a source of resveratrol and various protective phytonutrients.

Of course, you have to eat grapes with seeds in them, and since the global food supply has become so distorted over the past few years, it's difficult to find grapes with seeds in them. My advice? Buy your grapes from a health food store: Look for organic, seeded grapes. And when you eat them, don't spit out the seeds (obviously). Chew them up, and you'll digest the grapeseed extract that's naturally present in those seeds.

I've talked with conspiracy theorists who believe the seeds were purposely taken out of the grapes in the national food supply for precisely this reason (to remove the anti-cancer nutrients from food, thus keeping people sick). I disagree with that explanation, however: Seedless grapes are simply a product of consumer demand, in much the same way that consumers prefer seedless watermelon. If consumers actually knew about the health benefits of grape seeds, they might think differently, but thanks to efforts by the FDA and USDA, the mainstream public has remained virtually illiterate on nutrition for several decades, and you'll rarely meet an individual who is aware that eating grape seeds is actually good for you.

Don't be fooled by the cereal Grape Nuts, by the way. That's just a clever name. The cereal contains no grape seeds whatsoever. (It's made from roasted barley and other grains.)

Protecting healthy cells

Another important finding in the University of Kentucky study is that the grapeseed extract was not toxic to normal, healthy cells even as it helped cancer cells commit suicide.

This is hugely important because it shows, yet again, that Mother Nature's medicine is far safer than medicine created by Man. Conventional chemotherapy chemicals are extremely toxic to healthy cells, which is why chemotherapy causes permanent brain damage ("chemo brain"), kidney damage and heart damage. Grapeseed extract, however, causes no such damage, and there has never been a person who died from eating grapes. (There have been millions, probably, who were killed by chemotherapy.)

As Professor Xianglin Shi, the lead researcher of the study, said in a BBC article: "These results could have implications for the incorporation of agents such as grapeseed extract into prevention or treatment of haematological (blood) malignancies and possibly other cancers. ...What everyone seeks is an agent that has an effect on cancer cells but leaves normal cells alone, and this shows that grapeseed extract fits into this category."

In other words, grapeseed extract is now a candidate for a natural chemotherapeutic agent.

Grapeseed extract and endurance

The benefits of grapeseed extract don't stop with its anti-cancer potential, by the way: The antioxidant is also known to be extremely effective at reducing oxidative stress during exercise.

In all, this is fantastic news about grapeseed extract, as it demonstrates the ability of this natural substance to kill cancer cells in the lab. Given that grapes are a safe and customary part of the food supply, and that grapes are naturally intended to contain seeds, it seems quite sensible to conclude that human beings were intended to eat grape seeds and derive health benefits from them. Buy more (seeded) grapes!

Grapeseed extract is also available as a nutritional supplement from numerous sources, but one thing you'll notice about GSE in supplement form is that the actual nutrient is so tiny that most of the GSE supplements contain a lot of filler (silica, stearic acid, silicon dioxide, etc.). I've recently become more concerned about the cumulative levels of consumption of supplement fillers by people who take a lot of nutritional supplements, and I'm personally reducing my consumption of supplement pills while increasing my consumption of superfood-based powders and fresh product.

The best way to get grapeseed extract is by eating grape seeds. The second best way is to get it mixed in with a superfood powder or supplement that contains no filler. The least preferred way to get it is by taking a GSE capsule made with a lot of filler, so keep that in mind.

Suzanne

Re: Leukemia help needed [Re: Suzanne] #141563
04/24/12 06:39 PM
04/24/12 06:39 PM
S
Suzanne  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2016

Dedicated Member
Calif. USA
Processed Meats Raise Leukemia Risk, Vegetables Lower It

by David Gutierrez, staff writer

(NaturalNews) A diet high in cured meats may lead to a 74 percent higher risk of childhood leukemia, according to a study conducted by researchers from the Harvard School of Public Health and published in the journal BMC Cancer.

Researchers examined the dietary habits and leukemia rates among 515 Taiwanese children and youths between the ages of 2 and 20. A total of 145 leukemia patients were included in the study, and each was compared with two healthy participants of the same age and sex. The scientists used detailed dietary questionnaires to determine participants' intake of cured meats including bacon, ham, hot dogs, dried salted duck, salted fish and Chinese sausage. For leukemia patients, cured meat intake was calculated for the time period before the onset of the disease; for healthy patients, intake was calculated for the beginning of the study.

The researchers found that the rate of leukemia was 74 percent higher among those who ate cured meat products more than once per week than among those who ate it less frequently. In contrast, children who ate vegetables and soy products frequently had a 50 percent lower leukemia risk than children who ate vegetables and soy products rarely.

The risk of cancer among children who ate large amounts of both cured meats and soy or vegetable products was significantly lower than the rate among those who ate large amounts of cured meats alone.

Based on the results of the study, the researchers have recommended that children limit their intake of cured meats and fish.

Cured meats have previously been linked to an elevated risk of other cancers. One of the primary suspects for this effect are the chemicals known as nitrites that are used in the preservation process.

Leukemia is a term that describes a cluster of different cancers of the blood or bone marrow, characterized by the excessive production of blood cells.

Sources for this story include: www.reuters.com.Share 0diggsdigg

Suzanne

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator  Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/12/24 10:01 AM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by dedication. 05/06/24 02:37 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:33 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!