HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,601
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 15
kland 9
Daryl 3
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
ProdigalOne
ProdigalOne
Alberta, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (Karen Y, dedication, ProdigalOne, Kevin H, Daryl, 1 invisible), 2,952 guests, and 19 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 23 of 53 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 52 53
Re: Global Warming Farce [Re: Mountain Man] #175514
07/21/15 07:39 AM
07/21/15 07:39 AM
ProdigalOne  Online Content
SDA
Active Member 2024
Supporting Member 2023

Dedicated Member
Alberta, Canada
Originally Posted By: Mountain Man
The El Nino effect is ramping up with an eye on exceeding the 1997/98 season.

Link

I agree Mountain Man!

The following is an excerpt from April 9, 2015, the Planet in Distress site:

Here is the link-
http://planetindistress.com/2015/04/09/california-get-ready-for-a-wild-ride/

"...surface temperature anomalies off the west coast of the Americas (especially north America) run to as much as 3C (more  than 5F).  That much water heated to that much of an anomalous temperature for that long takes a massive amount of energy.  A mind-boggling amount of energy.  And that much energy concentrated in one place can change the weather over the rest of the planet for an extended period.  So here we see how changes in systems (arctic ice extent, for instance) can change patterns in our atmosphere (jet stream, surface winds) which then changes our weather pattern, driving far more disasters.  And when I say “far more” I mean far more than the current number of disasters, which is three times the number of disasters we were seeing just 30 years ago.
What we are seeing now is the strengthening of the El Nino situation in the Pacific Ocean.  In practical terms, what that means is that a huge surge of very warm water (essentially, twice as anomalously warm as what we see off the west coast) is now surging toward the eastern Pacific in a sub-surface wave called a Kelvin wave.  You can see the remnants of a previous Kelvin wave off the coast of Peru in the above map.  The El Nino that is being set up will combine thermal forces with the hot water already in place and one of two things will likely happen, depending on where the Kelvin wave peters out of steam:  If the wave slows and stops in the mid Pacific, which is very unusual but quite possible, then the drought in California will likely intensity and extend in duration.  In other words, it will be yet hotter and dryer in California.  If, on the other hand, the Kelvin wave surges all the way to the west coast of the Americas, then it will probably create such a thermal disruption of the prevailing system that that it will break down the long-standing high pressure ridge and California will get rain.  Lots of rain.  Way, way too much rain.
In other words, it seems that the system is setting up to give California two bad choices:  A record-breaking heating and drought or record-breaking rain and flooding.  It is of course possible that we may yet see both in turn in the next 12-16 months.  Either way, it will be a wild ride for California.  And however the scenario develops, it will likely mean drought for Australia and South America, with drought (and possible monsoon failure) in India and elsewhere in Asia.  Expect to see a tremendous surge in disasters.  If you look at the disasters tracked in the EMDAT database, you see a tremendous surge in 1998 (a super-El Nino year).  With the ocean heat already in place, it seems we are again setting up for a similar disruption with similar locally catastrophic affects.  And if we again follow the wildly exponential growth in disasters that we saw from 1980 on in the graph below (years before 1980 are discounted because the disasters are reported on a global basis and data is progressively less dependable the further back you go), then expect to see a “stair-step” to an entirely higher level of sustained global disasters."

I highly recommend checking out the complete article and University of Maine ocean temperature map at the link above!

Ellen White has this to say:

“Men in responsible positions will not only ignore and despise the Sabbath themselves, but from the sacred desk will urge upon the people the observance of the first day of the week, pleading traditions and custom in behalf of this man-made institution.  They will point to calamities on land and sea-to the storms of wind, the floods, the earthquakes, the destruction by fire – as judgments indicating God’s displeasure because Sunday is not sacredly observed.  These calamities will increase more and more, one disaster will follow close upon the heels of another; and those who make void the law of God will point to the few who are keeping the Sabbath of the fourth commandment as the ones who are bringing wrath upon the world. ”  (The Southern Watchman, June 28, 1904)

"...I will not forget you.
Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands..."

Isaiah 49:15-16
Re: Global Warming Farce [Re: kland] #175515
07/21/15 07:51 AM
07/21/15 07:51 AM
SDA
Active Member 2024
Supporting Member 2023

Dedicated Member
Alberta, Canada
One of the possible scenarios mentioned above was:

"If, on the other hand, the Kelvin wave surges all the way to the west coast of the Americas, then it will probably create such a thermal disruption of the prevailing system that that it will break down the long-standing high pressure ridge and California will get rain.  Lots of rain.  Way, way too much rain."

"On Saturday, 1.03 inches of rain fell in San Diego, setting a new record for wettest day in July and pushing the month to the wettest July on record. An additional 0.66 inches fell Sunday, and as of Monday morning, the monthly rainfall total was an incredible 1.7 inches. The previous wettest July on record was in 1902, when 0.92 inches of rain fell. Los Angeles set a new record for wettest July, too, after 0.38 inches fell over the weekend."

Washington Post, July 20, 2015

Re: Global Warming Farce [Re: kland] #175525
07/21/15 02:49 PM
07/21/15 02:49 PM
Mountain Man  Offline
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2019

20000+ Member
Southwest USA
Prodigal One, thank you for sharing. I expect pastors and politicians to begin talks concerning legislating Sunday Laws. I also expect evil angels to begin personating holy angels and deceased people sharing on Headline News the need to keep Sunday holy. Until then - things will continue as usual (more unrest, more disease, more disasters, etc).

Re: Global Warming Farce [Re: kland] #175536
07/21/15 09:48 PM
07/21/15 09:48 PM
Johann  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2014

Retired Pastor
3000+ Member
Iceland
Associated with the two horned beast. Isn´t that the United States?

In my childhood all stores in this country were closed on Sundays. When I came to the US in 1951 I noticed that many stores were open on Sundays. It surpriced me because I was expecting the Sunday laws in USA.

Today many stores are open in this country on Sundays, and it seem to be going that way in Europe. We will have to wait and see how things develop in the futire.

"Here is a last piece of advice. If you believe in goodness and if you value the approval of God, fix your minds on the things which are holy and right and pure and beautiful and good. Model your conduct on what you have learned from me, on what I have told you and shown you, and you will find the God of peace will be with you."
Re: Global Warming Farce [Re: Mountain Man] #175538
07/21/15 10:35 PM
07/21/15 10:35 PM
SDA
Active Member 2024
Supporting Member 2023

Dedicated Member
Alberta, Canada
Prodigal One, thank you for sharing. I expect pastors and politicians to begin talks concerning legislating Sunday Laws. I also expect evil angels to begin personating holy angels and deceased people sharing on Headline News the need to keep Sunday holy. Until then - things will continue as usual (more unrest, more disease, more disasters, etc).

Yes, it's only a matter of time. I wonder if Pope Francis will mention Sunday keeping in connection to his environmental speeches to Congress and the U.N. in September?

Re: Global Warming Farce [Re: Johann] #175539
07/21/15 11:18 PM
07/21/15 11:18 PM
SDA
Active Member 2024
Supporting Member 2023

Dedicated Member
Alberta, Canada
Originally Posted By: Johann
Associated with the two horned beast. Isn´t that the United States?

In my childhood all stores in this country were closed on Sundays. When I came to the US in 1951 I noticed that many stores were open on Sundays. It surpriced me because I was expecting the Sunday laws in USA.

Today many stores are open in this country on Sundays, and it seem to be going that way in Europe. We will have to wait and see how things develop in the futire.

In Canada most stores in the bigger cities are open seven days a week.
In the small town where I live, almost everything is closed on Sunday.
We joke that they take in the sidewalks on Sunday!

There is an Evangelical Missionary Church on main street, it has a sign out front that says: "Sun. Worship - 11:00 am".
It makes me want to laugh and cry at the same time...

With the increasing number of disasters worldwide a scapegoat will soon be needed, things could change very quickly.

"The agencies of evil are combining their forces and consolidating. They are strengthening for the last great crisis. Great changes are soon to take place in our world, and the final movements will be rapid ones".—Testimonies for the Church, vol. 9, p. 11.

Re: Global Warming Farce [Re: Mountain Man] #175557
07/22/15 07:56 PM
07/22/15 07:56 PM
K
kland  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
It sounded as if you were saying because California got an inch of rain, you expect they are going to legislate Sunday laws, etc.

Re: Global Warming Farce [Re: kland] #175558
07/22/15 08:29 PM
07/22/15 08:29 PM
SDA
Active Member 2024
Supporting Member 2023

Dedicated Member
Alberta, Canada
Originally Posted By: kland
It sounded as if you were saying because California got an inch of rain, you expect they are going to legislate Sunday laws, etc.

The severe drought followed by record breaking rainfall in California is part of an increasingly severe pattern. Sister White prophesied that this course of events would occur just before the Sunday law was instituted:

"They will point to calamities on land and sea-to the storms of wind, the floods, the earthquakes, the destruction by fire – as judgments indicating God’s displeasure because Sunday is not sacredly observed.  These calamities will increase more and more, one disaster will follow close upon the heels of another".

“Men in responsible positions will not only ignore and despise the Sabbath themselves, but from the sacred desk will urge upon the people the observance of the first day of the week, pleading traditions and custom in behalf of this man-made institution.  They will point to calamities on land and sea-to the storms of wind, the floods, the earthquakes, the destruction by fire – as judgments indicating God’s displeasure because Sunday is not sacredly observed.  These calamities will increase more and more, one disaster will follow close upon the heels of another; and those who make void the law of God will point to the few who are keeping the Sabbath of the fourth commandment as the ones who are bringing wrath upon the world. ”  (The Southern Watchman, June 28, 1904)

Re: Global Warming Farce [Re: kland] #175559
07/22/15 08:33 PM
07/22/15 08:33 PM
SDA
Active Member 2024
Supporting Member 2023

Dedicated Member
Alberta, Canada
Speaking of severe weather, I have to go round up my family right now: the weather service has issued a tornado watch for my area! Please keep us and all of those in the path of the increasing disasters coming upon the world, in your prayers.

Jesus is coming soon!

Re: Global Warming Farce [Re: kland] #175561
07/22/15 08:39 PM
07/22/15 08:39 PM
K
kland  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Quote:
"...surface temperature anomalies off the west coast of the Americas (especially north America) run to as much as 3C (more than 5F).

TV: US scientists testing for radiation in dead whales
as mysterious die-off in Pacific continues — Now 14 carcasses reported, expert warns “death toll could still rise” — “Whales may have consumed something toxic… trying to find an explanation for this unusual event”

"Wynne thinks the whales may have consumed something toxic…"

Really? No lie.

Yes, they will blame it on global warming, blame that on man, and then legislate Sunday laws and it's really because of men destroying the earth with radiation factories. And a no-care attitude to prevent or have a contingency plan.

TV: Nuclear waste overflowing into Pacific Ocean at Fukushima — Officials: Impossible to stop the spill anytime soon — Torrential rainfall from approaching typhoon already too much for plant to handle

Yahoo News: Mutated plants near Fukushima gain internet fame — Pics show centers fused together, petals growing out of sides, ring-shaped flower with 4 stems — US Gov’t Expert: Plant abnormalities can be induced after only 24 hours of exposure to radioactive fallout (PHOTOS)
"The atmospheric dose is 0.5 μSv/h at 1 m”…"

Plutonium is flowing into Pacific, will for many years to come — Strontium in ocean hits record level, huge increase reported since April (VIDEO)
3 of the nuclear cores at Fukushima Daiichi are in direct contact with groundwater. Nuclear power designers and engineers never anticipated that possibility.

Maybe the scientists who have no idea of the die-offs should consider the news as a possibility?

From a user comment:
'Why is Pope Francis so obsessed with the devil?'

http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/20/living/pope-francis-devil/index.html

People seem to think Francis is a 'simple shepard'. Couldn't be farther from the truth. He's a Jesuit, and he has spent his life studying this. Jesuits are not 'simple'. Jesuits are well aware of the occult practices of the .0001%.

Page 23 of 53 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 52 53

Moderator  Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/28/24 11:09 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 04/29/24 09:07 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 04/28/24 09:29 AM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!