HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,631
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 24
kland 6
Daryl 2
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
5 registered members (Daryl, dedication, Karen Y, TheophilusOne, 1 invisible), 3,647 guests, and 11 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 16 of 104 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 103 104
Re: Does God Punish? (Part 2) [Re: Elle] #155116
08/16/13 07:16 PM
08/16/13 07:16 PM
J
James Peterson  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2019

Dedicated Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: Elle
Originally Posted By: asygo
Elle,

APL is right. God, wants it to happen, but He won't force us if we don't want it.

So, your answer to the question is a definite NO.

As for the idea that everyone will be saved eventually, I think there's already a thread on that. I'll look for it and we can continue this there.

Then you call the Lord a liar and make null His laws and His vows. At the end it is the Lord's word shall not return empty (Is 45:23)and His laws that will be fulfill and not men's ideology. There's lots of time for everyone to turn back to the Lord. Whatever time it will take, at the end all men will worship the Lord as the Bible says.

Sure all will worship, but all will not be saved.

Re: Does God Punish? (Part 2) [Re: James Peterson] #155123
08/17/13 06:20 AM
08/17/13 06:20 AM
E
Elle  Offline
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: James Peterson
Elle,

APL is right. God, wants it to happen, but He won't force us if we don't want it.

So, your answer to the question is a definite NO.

As for the idea that everyone will be saved eventually, I think there's already a thread on that. I'll look for it and we can continue this there.

Then you call the Lord a liar and make null His laws and His vows. At the end it is the Lord's word shall not return empty (Is 45:23)and His laws that will be fulfill and not men's ideology. There's lots of time for everyone to turn back to the Lord. Whatever time it will take, at the end all men will worship the Lord as the Bible says.

Sure all will worship, but all will not be saved.
According to the Law of Jubilee, at the end all will return to their inheritance(be saved). No debt is too great that will not be erased! The Lord has given us the TYPE and Jesus said all the Law will be fulfilled...which means this law will be fulfilled.

Blessings
Re: Does God Punish? (Part 2) [Re: Elle] #155146
08/17/13 07:04 PM
08/17/13 07:04 PM
J
James Peterson  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2019

Dedicated Member
Canada

According to the Law of Jubilee, at the end all will return to their inheritance(be saved). No debt is too great that will not be erased! The Lord has given us the TYPE and Jesus said all the Law will be fulfilled...which means this law will be fulfilled.

Then what is the meaning of Mat. 7:22-23?

Re: Does God Punish? (Part 2) [Re: James Peterson] #155152
08/18/13 02:54 AM
08/18/13 02:54 AM
E
Elle  Offline
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada

Jesus says in Mat 7:22-23 that many false followers and believers even thought they are doers of miracles, castout demons, and prophecied will be rejected because they practice lawlessness(anomia). In the Type the "lawlessness" were cut off from Israel because only law amen individuals can be aa kingdom of Priest and holy nation.

This is what Jesus is looking for as qualification to be fit to be part of His body(=the 144K aka the firstfruits aka the barley company who are part of the first harvest). The firstfruits are only a remnant who will agree & obey His Laws(Torah) and will have them written in their heart and will know the mind of the Law-Giver so to be able to rule the nations with Jesus and bring the nations the right judgment to settle conflicts according to Jesus Laws and according to His mind. Also the Type shows the Priests are to minister to the Lord and to the nations teaching them the Laws.

However the wheat company(the church or believers) and the grape company(the unbelievers) will also be harvested later on in the seasons just as the Type shows in the Law. All the fruits of the 3 harvests make it to be served at the Lords table. Since we SDAs have nailed the Laws to the cross like any other denomination, we are totally ignorant of that and think that there's only one harvest.

Basically most of our doctrines have no law/Type bases because are forefathers didn't study the Law either; thus creating so many man-made teachings which was equated as vomit in Is 28. Without the Law as our guide, then it is merely impossible for us to know the truth.(Is 8:20, Deut 13 & Deut 18). They have been serving us that vomit for so long that we came quite accustom to it. But fresh bread is much better for us.

Blessings
Re: Does God Punish? (Part 2) [Re: kland] #155155
08/18/13 03:41 AM
08/18/13 03:41 AM
asygo  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2023

5500+ Member
California, USA
Originally Posted By: kland
If God said it, why do you disagree? Do you know better than Him?

And if there's something I don't know, go ahead and tell me. There's no point merely telling someone that they should know something.

Are we going to study or are we just going to hint at things? If you want to study, let's get going. If not, I have other things to do.

But at this point, it seems that you don't believe God's word. That's bad. That's how Satan got Eve to disobey.
Oh I do believe God's word. I believe it is more complex and deeper than you make it out to believe.

That may be so. But I wouldn't reject part of God's word in order to "believe God's word."

And Elle is doing it right back at ya. She is saying that God said it and so who are you to question it and that you don't really believe the Bible. But you see something deeper than such thinking and consider that the Bible isn't really saying what she wants it to say. But aren't you doing the same thing here? That what you think the Bible is saying, it isn't? If you object, then what about the Elle?

Actually, she is doing what you are doing. Both of you reject part of God's word because it doesn't suit your ideas.

I will sooner reject my ideas than God's word.

Regarding Saul, if you don't know how he died, wouldn't you want to know how God "slew" Saul, so you know what to fear if God is "gonna get you"? Was it lighting strikes zapping him from the sky?

1 Samuel 31:4
Therefore Saul took a sword and fell on it.

kland, did you know that? What else would you like me to find for you?

Do you think that your "more complex than God's plain words" ideas will get any traction if you don't even know the plain words?

Or is the answers to these questions immaterial since you already know God is gonna get the bad people and keep the good people in fear so they don't go bad. And therefore, knowing whether even if the Bible said God slew Saul or not, doesn't really matter.

You sound like a spoiled brat throwing a tantrum. You obviously have not read or listened to my lessons and sermons. Please do your due diligence. Open your ears before your mouth, and hopefully avoid inserting your foot.

Either get serious and study, or let those who want to study do it in peace. Your silly attempts to bait people into useless arguments are not coming from God.

By God's grace,
Arnold

There is no excuse for any one in taking the position that there is no more truth to be revealed, and that all our expositions of Scripture are without an error. The fact that certain doctrines have been held as truth for many years by our people, is not a proof that our ideas are infallible. Age will not make error into truth, and truth can afford to be fair. No true doctrine will lose anything by close investigation. RH 12/20/1892
Re: Does God Punish? (Part 2) [Re: Elle] #155158
08/18/13 04:52 AM
08/18/13 04:52 AM
J
James Peterson  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2019

Dedicated Member
Canada

Jesus says in Mat 7:22-23 that many false followers and believers even thought they are doers of miracles, castout demons, and prophecied will be rejected because they practice lawlessness(anomia). In the Type the "lawlessness" were cut off from Israel because only law amen individuals can be aa kingdom of Priest and holy nation.

This is what Jesus is looking for as qualification to be fit to be part of His body(=the 144K aka the firstfruits aka the barley company who are part of the first harvest). The firstfruits are only a remnant who will agree & obey His Laws(Torah) and will have them written in their heart and will know the mind of the Law-Giver so to be able to rule the nations with Jesus and bring the nations the right judgment to settle conflicts according to Jesus Laws and according to His mind. Also the Type shows the Priests are to minister to the Lord and to the nations teaching them the Laws.

However the wheat company(the church or believers) and the grape company(the unbelievers) will also be harvested later on in the seasons just as the Type shows in the Law. All the fruits of the 3 harvests make it to be served at the Lords table. Since we SDAs have nailed the Laws to the cross like any other denomination, we are totally ignorant of that and think that there's only one harvest.

Basically most of our doctrines have no law/Type bases because are forefathers didn't study the Law either; thus creating so many man-made teachings which was equated as vomit in Is 28. Without the Law as our guide, then it is merely impossible for us to know the truth.(Is 8:20, Deut 13 & Deut 18). They have been serving us that vomit for so long that we came quite accustom to it. But fresh bread is much better for us.

Is there a thread where you discussed these things more fully?

Re: Does God Punish? (Part 2) [Re: James Peterson] #155159
08/18/13 07:09 AM
08/18/13 07:09 AM
E
Elle  Offline
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
I think these two topics that Daryl started would be the main ones I can think of.

The 2nd Coming, Judgment, & the 1000 Years

Does All Being Saved in the End and Nobody Being Lost Have Biblical Support?

Blessings
Re: Does God Punish? (Part 2) [Re: asygo] #155160
08/18/13 08:16 AM
08/18/13 08:16 AM
E
Elle  Offline
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
And Elle is doing it right back at ya. She is saying that God said it and so who are you to question it and that you don't really believe the Bible. But you see something deeper than such thinking and consider that the Bible isn't really saying what she wants it to say. But aren't you doing the same thing here? That what you think the Bible is saying, it isn't? If you object, then what about the Elle?

Actually, she is doing what you are doing. Both of you reject part of God's word because it doesn't suit your ideas.

No that's not true. I have the laws behind me which is the foundation of all truth. To understand the Prophets or the NT, you need to start at the Laws. All truth or beliefs or so claimed prophets needs to be tested against the foundation(Laws). I started to lay down some of the laws that proves the Lord's coming Judgments which you have totally rejected and stuck to men's teachings(vomit).

I gave a bunch of OT quotes(close to 30) and only one NT text(by which I mentioned there's over 60 more). You needed to twist that one NT text by taking a translation that said what you want it to say and did not seek the real root word definition. You weren't interested to see the 60 others texts. You clearly showed that your mind is to support your own beliefs(heart idols see Ez 14) and you are not interested in truly studying and finding The Lords truth.

A true seeker of the Truth takes ALL scriptures into account and will not discard any that oppose what they think is the Lord's truth. No man today have the total picture and understanding how the Lord will bring "restitution of all things"(Acts 3:21). However, by rejecting scriptures especially the Laws and twisting them will only give you vomit and not some clean morsel of fresh bread.

AV 1Ti 2:4 Who will have [thelo, to determine) all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

Many eat vomit today, however the text above says that the Lord will have all men eating clean pure fresh bread one day.

A decision can only be as good as the current information we had to make that decision. When new vital information comes known, often these past decisions are viewed as not good or invalid because of the lack of vital info. The text above relates salvation with the knowledge of truth. Today "truth" is all grey for Man has discarded the light (prophetic Torah foundation). The Lord will come to our rescue by fulfilling prophecies according to His word and proving all man's theories wrong. At the same time He will rain down His Holy Spirit and bring most to repentance. This day is coming very soon.

Kland is right you are guilty of doing what you accuse him of doing.

Blessings
Re: Does God Punish? (Part 2) [Re: Elle] #155162
08/18/13 11:25 AM
08/18/13 11:25 AM
J
James Peterson  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2019

Dedicated Member
Canada

No that's not true. I have the laws behind me which is the foundation of all truth. To understand the Prophets or the NT, you need to start at the Laws. All truth or beliefs or so claimed prophets needs to be tested against the foundation(Laws). I started to lay down some of the laws that proves the Lord's coming Judgments which you have totally rejected and stuck to men's teachings(vomit).

I gave a bunch of OT quotes(close to 30) and only one NT text(by which I mentioned there's over 60 more). You needed to twist that one NT text by taking a translation that said what you want it to say and did not seek the real root word definition. You weren't interested to see the 60 others texts. You clearly showed that your mind is to support your own beliefs(heart idols see Ez 14) and you are not interested in truly studying and finding The Lords truth.

A true seeker of the Truth takes ALL scriptures into account and will not discard any that oppose what they think is the Lord's truth. No man today have the total picture and understanding how the Lord will bring "restitution of all things"(Acts 3:21). However, by rejecting scriptures especially the Laws and twisting them will only give you vomit and not some clean morsel of fresh bread.

AV 1Ti 2:4 Who will have [thelo, to determine) all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

Many eat vomit today, however the text above says that the Lord will have all men eating clean pure fresh bread one day.

A decision can only be as good as the current information we had to make that decision. When new vital information comes known, often these past decisions are viewed as not good or invalid because of the lack of vital info. The text above relates salvation with the knowledge of truth. Today "truth" is all grey for Man has discarded the light (prophetic Torah foundation). The Lord will come to our rescue by fulfilling prophecies according to His word and proving all man's theories wrong. At the same time He will rain down His Holy Spirit and bring most to repentance. This day is coming very soon.

Consider Rev. 20:7-9

"And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison, And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea. And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them."

If all men are saved, who are the ones spoken of above as being DEVOURED by the fire of God reigning down on them?

Last edited by James Peterson; 08/18/13 11:26 AM.
Re: Does God Punish? (Part 2) [Re: Elle] #155173
08/18/13 09:18 PM
08/18/13 09:18 PM
asygo  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2023

5500+ Member
California, USA

No that's not true. I have the laws behind me which is the foundation of all truth.

I'm not ignoring you. I just want to find the right thread to continue this. I don't want to hijack this thread.

You say I'm guilty of what I am accusing him of. He says I am guilty of what I am accusing you of. And I say you both are guilty of it. What a nice little triangle we have here! LOL

What I am accusing both of you is doing this: Scripture A cannot be true because Scripture B says ________. He does it with the texts that speak of God causing death, while you do it with texts that speak of people eternally dying. Do I do it too? Maybe. If so, then I need to stop.

What I am suggesting is a better hermeneutic is this: Scripture A doesn't seem to match Scripture B, so I need to study more because I must not understand what's going on.

By God's grace,
Arnold

There is no excuse for any one in taking the position that there is no more truth to be revealed, and that all our expositions of Scripture are without an error. The fact that certain doctrines have been held as truth for many years by our people, is not a proof that our ideas are infallible. Age will not make error into truth, and truth can afford to be fair. No true doctrine will lose anything by close investigation. RH 12/20/1892
Page 16 of 104 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 103 104

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/12/24 10:01 AM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by dedication. 05/06/24 02:37 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:33 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!