HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,631
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 21
kland 6
Daryl 2
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
Daryl
Daryl
Nova Scotia, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (Karen Y, Kevin H, Daryl, dedication, TheophilusOne, 1 invisible), 3,255 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 10 of 13 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13
Re: Will Eve be in Heaven? [Re: James Peterson] #158594
11/21/13 09:00 PM
11/21/13 09:00 PM
jamesonofthunder  Offline
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
Quote:
Your belief does not make it true. The Mormons have their prophet, and the Jehovah's Witnesses too; just as you do. But the saints of God have John the Apostle's message of the Testimony of Jesus Christ: the Revelation.

So you are here to slam on anyone who believes that Ellen White was sent by God?

I love scripture and I read it every day. I don't think I would want to be given a bible study about Revelation 12 from someone who does not respect the Spirit of Prophecy Mr Peterson.

Search me oh God and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts, see if there is any offensive way in me and lead me to the way everlasting. Amen
Re: Will Eve be in Heaven? [Re: jamesonofthunder] #158595
11/21/13 09:05 PM
11/21/13 09:05 PM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
I feel impressed by God to say it again. Why would someone who does not believe in the Spirit of Prophecy come to a website like this to deride those who do believe in the Spirit of Prophecy?

That sounds like something the Catholic Church would do, send their wicked little emissaries to muddle up communications for the true remnant.

If you don't believe in the Spirit of Prophecy you are not a Seventh Day Adventist so why even come here?

Search me oh God and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts, see if there is any offensive way in me and lead me to the way everlasting. Amen
Re: Will Eve be in Heaven? [Re: jamesonofthunder] #158596
11/21/13 09:50 PM
11/21/13 09:50 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
James, there are many who don't like Ellen White. Indicating Catholics would be the only ones is incorrect. I believe a good portion of Adventists don't like Ellen White.

Re: Will Eve be in Heaven? [Re: jamesonofthunder] #158601
11/21/13 11:24 PM
11/21/13 11:24 PM
J
James Peterson  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2019

Dedicated Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: jamesonofthunder
So you are here to slam on anyone who believes that Ellen White was sent by God?

NO

///
I love scripture and I read it every day. I don't think I would want to be given a bible study about Revelation 12 from someone who does not respect the Spirit of Prophecy Mr Peterson.

OK. By the way, it would be more correct to say "Ellen White" instead of the "spirit of prophecy".

///

Last edited by James Peterson; 11/21/13 11:24 PM.
Re: Will Eve be in Heaven? [Re: jamesonofthunder] #158602
11/21/13 11:29 PM
11/21/13 11:29 PM
J
James Peterson  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2019

Dedicated Member
Canada
I feel impressed by God to say it again. Why would someone who does not believe in [Ellen White] come to a website like this to deride those who do believe in [Ellen White]? That sounds like something the Catholic Church would do, send their wicked little emissaries to muddle up communications for the true remnant. If you don't believe in [Ellen White] you are not a Seventh Day Adventist so why even come here?

Are you comparing me to Jesus Christ and SDA to the Sanhedrin in Jesus' day? I feel honoured to have come at a time when the Church has fallen away, to shed light in the darkness.

///

Last edited by James Peterson; 11/21/13 11:38 PM.
Re: Will Eve be in Heaven? [Re: kland] #158603
11/21/13 11:35 PM
11/21/13 11:35 PM
J
James Peterson  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2019

Dedicated Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: kland
James, there are many who don't like Ellen White. Indicating Catholics would be the only ones is incorrect. I believe a good portion of Adventists don't like Ellen White.

SDA made one fatal mistake in 1980: they elevated the work of Ellen White to scripture (FB #18). They therefore effectively sealed themselves off into a dark corner much like the Jews did in the days of Christ when the scribes and Pharisees held great sway over the people and would throw anyone out of the synagogue for holding a different point of view.

///

Re: Will Eve be in Heaven? [Re: James Peterson] #158607
11/22/13 01:02 AM
11/22/13 01:02 AM
S
shellybee  Offline
New Member (Starting to Post)
Prairie Region, Canada
Speaking of Adventists who don't like EGW. I once got into a BIG debate with someone who joined the SDA church through profession of faith, but had never accepted EGW in any way, shape or form.

This individual came to their position after researching websites critical of the Spirit of Prophecy. Was I wrong to have taken a positive stand of support for the validity of EGW's role?

Eventually this person left the church, partly over not wanting to be involved with a group who "worshipped" her.

While I'm not sure I was the only one who stepped on this person's toes, did I play the part of the Pharisees, who were pushing people out of the synagogue, by expessing my respect and support for the gift that, I am convinced is from God?

Re: Will Eve be in Heaven? [Re: James Peterson] #158612
11/22/13 06:15 AM
11/22/13 06:15 AM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
Originally Posted By: James Peterson

SDA made one fatal mistake in 1980: they elevated the work of Ellen White to scripture (FB #18). They therefore effectively sealed themselves off into a dark corner much like the Jews did in the days of Christ when the scribes and Pharisees held great sway over the people and would throw anyone out of the synagogue for holding a different point of view.
///

You keep using the word "they" when referring to Seventh Day Adventists, so by your own words you prove you do not associate your faith with Seventh Day Adventists, claiming we are sealed off in a dark corner.

Your own words prove you do not claim to be SDA yet here you are on a SDA website taking on anyone who mentions Ellen White like it is your duty to.

Are you here to be a sheep stealer? Are you here to bring glory to God inside the SDA church?

If I hated the message of Joseph Smith and the Mormons would it be a good use of my time to site and snipe at them on every website I could find?

You obviously have intentions of discrediting the Spirit of Prophecy Mr Peterson. So why are you congregating with a church who believes in the Spirit of Prophecy being alive today?

The absolute truth is that anyone who comes to the SDA church who does NOT believe in the writings of Mrs White as divinely inspired, THEY are like the Sanhedrin who denied the message of John the Baptist, who was in the Spirit of Elijah. So you have it backwards. The fact is, anyone who rejects the Spirit of Prophecy is NOT a Seventh Day Adventist, so why are you here?

You hate our teachings, yet you become a full member of a Seventh Day Adventist website, bent on distracting any conversation that includes praise of the Spirit of Prophecy?

Quote:
“As the Lord has manifested himself through the Spirit of prophecy, past, present, and future have passed before me. I have been shown faces that I had never seen, and years afterward I knew them when I saw them. I have been aroused from my sleep with a vivid sense of subjects previously presented to my mind; and I have written, at midnight, letters that have gone across the continent, and, arriving at a crisis, have saved great disaster to the cause of God. This has been my work for many years. A power has impelled me to reprove and rebuke wrongs that I had not thought of. Is this work ... from above, or from beneath? ... Those who really desire to know the truth will find sufficient evidence for belief.”—Testimonies for the Church 5:671, 672. {CET 245.2}

The messages of Mrs White were inspired by God, and anyone truly within our church believes in her messages as such.

Re: Will Eve be in Heaven? [Re: shellybee] #158614
11/22/13 06:34 AM
11/22/13 06:34 AM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
Originally Posted By: shellybee
Speaking of Adventists who don't like EGW. I once got into a BIG debate with someone who joined the SDA church through profession of faith, but had never accepted EGW in any way, shape or form.

This individual came to their position after researching websites critical of the Spirit of Prophecy. Was I wrong to have taken a positive stand of support for the validity of EGW's role?

Eventually this person left the church, partly over not wanting to be involved with a group who "worshipped" her.

While I'm not sure I was the only one who stepped on this person's toes, did I play the part of the Pharisees, who were pushing people out of the synagogue, by expessing my respect and support for the gift that, I am convinced is from God?

No Ma'am you did not push that person out, they should have never been in our church in the first place. It is a great sin that many of our pastors only look for numbers to fill the books and the collection plates, and not genuinely converted souls for God's kingdom.

I have met so called SDA pastors who do not fully believe Mrs White was divinely instructed. These same pastors sided with others to not allow the Messages of Mrs White be taught in our Sabbath school. They took away the quarterly because they claim they are too influenced by the writings of Mrs White, and when I objected they used their influence against me.

I have found that every person who does not see the divine origin of the Writings are those who have some unconvinced sin that they are holding on to that she spoke against OR they have some contradictory interpretation of prophecy OR they come to cause disruptions.

These men are trying to convert others to their image. They are the Pharisees who will be extremely ashamed when Jesus fulfills his prophecy against the Olive tree with leaves and no fruit. They will be dried up from the roots.

Everyone claiming to be SDA who speaks against the Spirit of Prophecy will have the words "weighed in the balance and found wanting" written on their garments in the last days and they will howl in agony for their leading others to accept their lies.

Quote:
It is possible to be a partial, formal believer, and yet be found wanting and lose eternal life. It is possible to practice some of the Bible injunctions and be regarded as a Christian, and yet perish because you lack qualifications essential to Christian character. If you neglect or treat with indifference the warnings that God has given, if you cherish or excuse sin, you are sealing your soul’s destiny. You will be weighed in the balance and found wanting. Grace, peace, and pardon will be forever withdrawn; Jesus will have passed by, never again to come within reach of your prayers and entreaties. While mercy lingers, while the Saviour is making intercession, let us make thorough work for eternity.607 {CCh 342.4}
Satan is not asleep; he is wide awake to make of no effect the sure word of prophecy. With skill and deceptive power he is working to counterwork the expressed will of God, made plain in His word. For years Satan has been gaining control of human minds through subtle sophistries that he has devised to take the place of the truth. In this time of peril, rightdoers, in the fear of God, will glorify His name by repeating the words of David: “It is time for Thee, Lord, to work: for they have made void Thy law.” Psalm 119:126.608 {CCh 342.5}
We as a people profess to have truth in advance of every other people upon the earth. Then our life and character should be in harmony with such a faith. The day is just upon us when the righteous shall be bound like precious grain in bundles for the heavenly garner, while the wicked are, like the tares, gathered for the fires of the last great day. But the wheat and tares “grow together until the harvest.” {CCh 343.1}

Re: Will Eve be in Heaven? [Re: jamesonofthunder] #158615
11/22/13 06:42 AM
11/22/13 06:42 AM
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
Quote:
The remnant people of God must be a converted people. The presentation of this message is to result in the conversion and sanctification of souls. We are to feel the power of the Spirit of God in this movement. This is a wonderful, definite message; it means everything to the receiver, and it is to be proclaimed with a loud cry. We must have a true, abiding faith that this message will go forth with increasing importance till the close of time. {CH 127.5}
There are some professed believers who accept certain portions of the Testimonies as the message of God, while they reject those portions that condemn their favorite indulgences. Such persons are working contrary to their own welfare and the welfare of the church. It is essential that we walk in the light while we have the light. Those who claim to believe in health reform, and yet work counter to its principles in the daily life practice, are hurting their own souls and are leaving wrong impressions upon the minds of believers and unbelievers. {CH 128.1}

Point blank, if you do not believe Mrs White was sent by God with the end time message that is found inside of scripture and amplified by prophetic utterance, then you will not be a part of the loud cry of the Three angels Messages.

This is a message from our Father. Accept it or perish.

Page 10 of 13 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/12/24 10:01 AM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 05/06/24 12:18 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by dedication. 05/06/24 02:37 PM
Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:33 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:29 PM
A Second American Civil War?
by Rick H. 05/06/24 12:27 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by kland. 05/06/24 10:32 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!