HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,619
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 21
kland 9
Daryl 4
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
5 registered members (dedication, Karen Y, Nadi, 2 invisible), 3,409 guests, and 22 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 10 of 22 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 21 22
Re: Brain-damaged from Veganism, why vegans have cognitive impairment [Re: APL] #157405
10/20/13 06:13 AM
10/20/13 06:13 AM
Green Cochoa  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
APL,

Are you opposing God's prophet?

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

We can receive of heaven's light only as we are willing to be emptied of self. We can discern the character of God, and accept Christ by faith, only as we consent to the bringing into captivity of every thought to the obedience of Christ. And to all who do this, the Holy Spirit is given without measure. In Christ "dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in Him." [Colossians 2:9, 10.] {GW 57.1} -- Ellen White.
Re: Brain-damaged from Veganism, why vegans have cognitive impairment [Re: Green Cochoa] #157424
10/20/13 01:06 PM
10/20/13 01:06 PM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
EGW: Some, in abstaining from milk, eggs, and butter, have failed to supply the system with proper nourishment, and as a consequence have become weak and unable to work.

Green turns this into ALL. Is this logical?

EGW: I cannot say to them: "You must not eat eggs, or milk, or cream. You must use no butter in the preparation of food." The gospel must be preached to the poor, but the time has not yet come to prescribe the strictest diet. {CCh 238.2}

Good advice! We can not deprive the poor.

EGW: While warnings have been given regarding the dangers of disease through butter, and the evil of the free use of eggs by small children, yet we should not consider it a violation of principle to use eggs from hens that are well cared for and suitably fed.

When the MAJORITY of people buy eggs, do they know the conditions of the chickens where these eggs were produced? The MAJORITY do not.

EGW: Milk, eggs, and butter should not be classed with flesh meat. In some cases the use of eggs is beneficial.

ALL? No, SOME.

EGW: Those who live in new countries or in poverty-stricken districts where fruits and nuts are scarce, should not be urged to exclude milk and eggs from their dietary. It is true that persons in full flesh and in whom the animal passions are strong need to avoid the use of stimulating foods. Especially in families of children who are given to sensual habits, eggs should not be used.

Very good recommendation!

Green - are you opposing God's prophet?

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Re: Brain-damaged from Veganism, why vegans have cognitive impairment [Re: APL] #157426
10/20/13 01:23 PM
10/20/13 01:23 PM
Green Cochoa  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
APL,

When God has told you that you should give up milk and eggs, I will have nothing further to urge upon you. I believe that time will come. That is what Mrs. White says. We are to prepare for that time and educate people in how to cook without milk and eggs ahead of that time. However, we are not to be teaching anyone to dispense with them. God Himself claims the responsibility of telling us when it is the proper time to give them up.

God has not yet told me it is time, and most people I'm acquainted with claim that they "believe" it is time because of a whole list of conditions in the world that make such things, to their view, unhealthful. They do not, however, tell me that God has told them it is now time to dispense with these articles of food. To me, then, they are jumping the gun.

That is my chief concern here. People do not realize the benefit of eggs, and feel that they should give them up now in preparation for a future need to do so.

One of the staunchest vegans I know, who had campaigned against milk and eggs with great debate toward others, including myself, passed away last year quite suddenly and unexpectedly. I've heard it was a heart attack, but I'm not sure exactly what happened. No diet on earth will give us immortality at this time. There is no perfect diet. No matter what we eat, there are some toxins, some imperfections, some deficiencies, and some imbalances in it, even when we obtain foods in the most natural forms possible. This is an imperfect planet.

Eggs provide vitamin B-12, sulfur, a complete protein, vitamin D, multiple other B-vitamins, and healthful oils in addition to enzymes and other properties which we may be ignorant of that are good for our health. Mrs. White wrote under inspiration, and recommended eggs, never once telling anyone that he or she should teach people to give them up.

Most vegans I know, however, are evangelistic with their views. That is what troubles me. They are not following Mrs. White's counsels.

I will not tell anyone to give up eggs. That is God's domain. I will resist others who instruct people to give them up, for that is not their prerogative unless they have been given inspiration from God on the matter. I feel it is my duty to address these errors insofar as I have come in contact with them.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa,

We can receive of heaven's light only as we are willing to be emptied of self. We can discern the character of God, and accept Christ by faith, only as we consent to the bringing into captivity of every thought to the obedience of Christ. And to all who do this, the Holy Spirit is given without measure. In Christ "dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in Him." [Colossians 2:9, 10.] {GW 57.1} -- Ellen White.
Re: Brain-damaged from Veganism, why vegans have cognitive impairment [Re: Green Cochoa] #157427
10/20/13 01:56 PM
10/20/13 01:56 PM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
"a complete protein". Green - even vegan diets provide "a complete protein". "never once telling anyone" to give them up. GREEN - Yes she did. There are those she said should NOT have eggs. I'm not going to repeat the quote as it is obviously useless to do so.

Meat - do you believe we should give up meat? You can find quote-bytes of EGW to support many views, one reason it is nice to take her as a whole. Example: EGW:You are to make no prescriptions that flesh meats shall never be used, but you are to educate the mind, and let the light shine in. Let the individual conscience be awakened in regard to self-preservation and self-purity from every perverted appetite

What? No prescription that flesh meats shall never be used? Then consider this quote: EGW: Instruction has been given me that physicians who use flesh meat and prescribe it for their patients, should not be employed in our institutions, because they fail decidedly in educating the patients to discard that which makes them sick. The physician who uses and prescribes meat does not reason from cause to effect, and instead of acting as a restorer, he leads the patient by his own example to indulge perverted appetite.

Indulge in perverted appetite. Hm....

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Re: Brain-damaged from Veganism, why vegans have cognitive impairment [Re: APL] #157428
10/20/13 01:58 PM
10/20/13 01:58 PM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
BTW - - the only real study that looks at VEGAN diet and female cancers shows a across the board decrease in such cancers. You best update your information. This includes cervical cancer. But - I'll BET you will not acknowledge this study. Care to prove me wrong?

Re: Brain-damaged from Veganism, why vegans have cognitive impairment [Re: APL] #157429
10/20/13 09:58 PM
10/20/13 09:58 PM
H
Harold Fair  Offline
Active Member 2013
Florida, USA
Has anyone read Genesis one 29?

Harold T.
Re: Brain-damaged from Veganism, why vegans have cognitive impairment [Re: APL] #157435
10/21/13 04:33 AM
10/21/13 04:33 AM
Green Cochoa  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
Originally Posted By: APL
"a complete protein". Green - even vegan diets provide "a complete protein". "never once telling anyone" to give them up. GREEN - Yes she did. There are those she said should NOT have eggs. I'm not going to repeat the quote as it is obviously useless to do so.

Again, APL, you are showing your inability to read for understanding. Your post demonstrates your level of studiousness and your willingness to misquote.

Yes, you have quoted exactly some of my words. But you have not done justice to what I was saying, for by leaving out a portion of what I said, you have twisted it to mean what you wish it had meant, and to say something that I never said nor intended to say. Here's what you did not quote:

Originally Posted By: Green Cochoa
...never once telling anyone that he or she should teach people to give them up.

In other words, you have argued fruitlessly against a point that I never made. I hope others are more diligent in their manner of arriving at truth. Truth is worth everything. Error should be shunned. There is life in truth, and death in error. May the truth reign!

I stand by my words. My words were accurate. You can only disprove them by finding a statement from Mrs. White where she instructed someone to teach people to give up milk or eggs. I don't believe you will find such a statement, for I have pored over all of Mrs. White's statements on this subject not once or twice and have preached on this subject a message with the full balance that Mrs. White gave it.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

Re: Brain-damaged from Veganism, why vegans have cognitive impairment [Re: Green Cochoa] #157438
10/21/13 05:44 AM
10/21/13 05:44 AM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
Talk about playing with words....

How about Vegans and cervical cancer????

Last edited by APL; 10/21/13 05:46 AM.

Re: Brain-damaged from Veganism, why vegans have cognitive impairment [Re: Harold Fair] #157448
10/22/13 04:31 AM
10/22/13 04:31 AM
Green Cochoa  Offline OP
SDA
Active Member 2021

5500+ Member
The Orient
Originally Posted By: Harold Fair
Has anyone read Genesis one 29?
Indeed. I've also read Genesis 9:3, Deuteronomy 14, Exodus 16, and Matthew 14 and 16.

Blessings,

Green Cochoa.

Re: Brain-damaged from Veganism, why vegans have cognitive impairment [Re: Green Cochoa] #157453
10/22/13 03:31 PM
10/22/13 03:31 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Originally Posted By: Green Cochoa
Originally Posted By: kland
Green, are you saying that you have no idea how much B12 are in eggs, how much B12 we need each day, and how many eggs we need to eat to supply that need?

Are you saying you feeeel that eggs must supply B12, that you feeeel the B12 must be available to you, that you feeeel the number of eggs you have chosen to eat gives the exact amount you need? And you feeeel the need to blindly promote eggs when you get the chance have no idea how much B12 is in eggs, how much B12 you need, nor how many eggs supply that amount of B12?

kland,

Yes, I'm saying I do not know. I have never had equipment, training, nor ability to sample the B12 content of eggs, nor do I have a human-body "user's manual" that tells me just how much B12 each human needs in his or her diet.
So you admit that your advice to eat eggs to supply one's needs of B12 is invalid and without basis.

Quote:
Here's what I have, from a higher authority than myself:

Originally Posted By: Ellen White
I dreamed of having the care of a child that was weak, and seemed unable to rally. I thought the same physician stood by the cradle, and said, 'Have you any wine in the house? Beat up a raw egg, and give it to the child with grape wine [i.e., the unfermented juice of the grape], three times each day. He will [urally[/u].'--Letter 112a, 1897. {3MR 321.3}
Green, are you a weak child who is unable to rally?

Quote:
When a letter came to me from Cooranbong, saying that Dr.----- was dying, I was that night instructed that he must have a change of diet. A raw egg, taken two or three times a day, would give the nourishment that he greatly needed. {TSDF 41.7}
Green, are you dying? Do you take a raw egg two or three times a day?

Quote:
After this Dr. Lay came to me and said, "I have gone as far as I can go, but Brother Wilson is sinking. I cannot arouse him." I said, "Last night I dreamed that my sick child was sinking. I asked the skillful Physician, who has never lost a case, what I should do. The answer came, "Break an egg into a glass of unfermented wine, and give him such a drink two or three times a day, until the exhaustion is gone and there is a revival of the life forces." Snatching up his hat, Dr. Lay said, "This is of the Lord. We shall save Brother Wilson yet." And off he went. For three days he gave him egg and wine, and he was soon fully recovered. {12MR 171.4}
Green, are you sinking and cannot be aroused? Are you exhausted and have not yet had a revival of life forces? Are you not fully recovered? (And before you spin it, consider that Brother Wilson DID become fully recovered.)

Quote:
This Brother Wilson was the father of our beloved Brother Wilson who died in Queensland, Australia. {12MR 172.1}
I write you this that you may see that the very simplest things may be used as remedial agents in placing one in great danger in a favorable condition. {12MR 172.2}
Green, are you not in a favorable condition?

Quote:
I have something to say in reference to extreme views of health reform. Health reform becomes health deform, a health destroyer, when it is carried to extremes. You will not be successful in sanitariums where the sick are treated if you prescribe for the patients the same diet you have prescribed for yourself and your wife. I assure you that your ideas in regard to diet for the sick are not advisable. The change is too great. While I would discard flesh meat as injurious, something less objectionable may be used, and this is found in eggs. Do not remove milk from the table or forbid its being used in the cooking of food. The milk used should be procured from healthy cows, and should be sterilized. {12MR 172.3}

Green, are you sick? Does not eating eggs, as long as you replace the nourishment that was removed, constitute extremes in diet?

Whether you are weak, dying, unable to rally, sinking and cannot be aroused, exhausted, your life forces failing, and not fully recovered, sickly and in an unfavorable condition, do not urge your views upon others who may not be in such a poor, sickly, dying condition as you may be. Those who CAN supply their nutritional needs in place of what has been left out.

Page 10 of 22 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 21 22

Moderator  Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/05/24 05:39 AM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/30/24 10:34 PM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by dedication. 05/05/24 05:07 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!