HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,619
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 21
kland 9
Daryl 4
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Member Spotlight
dedication
dedication
Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
5 registered members (dedication, Karen Y, Nadi, 2 invisible), 3,409 guests, and 22 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
First Angel's Message #156544
09/24/13 03:44 AM
09/24/13 03:44 AM
dedication  Online Content OP
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Quote:
Rev. 14:6 And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,
14:7 Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.

The first angel begins the great last warning message to be given to the world.
It is the "everlasting gospel", yet it includes an urgent message that is specific for the last days.

These specifics are contained in verse seven.

1. The judgment message

2. Worship the Creator (with the words sounding much like the fourth commandment).

Re: First Angel's Message [Re: dedication] #156545
09/24/13 04:06 AM
09/24/13 04:06 AM
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
The message began in the early 1840's --
"Christ is coming very soon" was sounded by many voices.

Those who believed changed much in their lives.

Quote:
They saw their backslidings, their worldliness and unbelief, their pride and selfishness. Many sought the Lord with repentance and humiliation. The affections that had so long clung to earthly things they now fixed upon Heaven. The Spirit of God rested upon them, and with hearts softened and subdued they joined to sound the cry, “Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his Judgment is come.” {GC88 368.3}

Sinners inquired with weeping, “What must I do to be saved?” Those whose lives had been marked with dishonesty were anxious to make restitution. All who found peace in Christ longed to see others share the blessing. The hearts of parents were turned to their children, and the hearts of children to their parents. The barriers of pride and reserve were swept away. Heart-felt confessions were made, and the members of the household labored for the salvation of those who were nearest and dearest. Often was heard the sound of earnest intercession. Everywhere were souls in deep anguish, pleading with God. Many wrestled all night in prayer for the assurance that their sins were pardoned, or for the conversion of their relatives or neighbors. {GC88 369.1}

This was a wonderful time of reformation and revival, and for many it was a bitter disappointment when Christ did not come when they expected?
But for many others it was not genuine. There were among them many who had been actuated by no higher motive than fear. When the time passed they ridiculed their former activities and friends and went right back to their former lives.

Yet the message was CORRECT!

The hour of God's judgment had begun. Soon, very soon, Jesus will return. Now there is no "set time" for that coming, and people are not to stir up a religious fervor according to a calendar date, but we are to live in earnest anticipation based on a genuine life commitment.

Re: First Angel's Message [Re: dedication] #156546
09/24/13 04:56 AM
09/24/13 04:56 AM
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
1844 was a "turning point" year for the world.

The call to worship the Creator
was challenged by another movement that worked in direct opposition to this call.

While William Miller was studying and preaching,
Charles Darwin was exploring and theorising on a new concept on how things came to be. After several years of studying and exploring Darwin sketched out his ideas in an 230 page easy in 1844 !!
The theory of evolution rose during the same time, and in opposition to, the sounding of the three angels' messages.

The call to "fear God and give Him glory"
was counteracted by another message that sought to ban all concepts of God.
Marxism

There were a number of other movements as well springing up at the same time.

The time of the end messages of Revelation 14 began.

So what does it mean to us -
to fear God and give Him glory, for the hour of His judgment has come, worship Him Who made heaven and earth, the sea and the fountains of water?

Re: First Angel's Message [Re: dedication] #156553
09/24/13 01:54 PM
09/24/13 01:54 PM
J
James Peterson  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2019

Dedicated Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: dedication
Quote:
Rev. 14:6 And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,
14:7 Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.

The first angel begins the great last warning message to be given to the world.
It is the "everlasting gospel", yet it includes an urgent message that is specific for the last days.

These specifics are contained in verse seven.

1. The judgment message

2. Worship the Creator (with the words sounding much like the fourth commandment).

Only SDA ever did formulate, and hold to, the doctrine of an investigative judgement. It did not arise from Rev. 14 however, but Rev. 14 was, unfortunately, co-opted as evidence of it. Instead, astute Bible students can see clearly that the phrase, "the hour of his judgement is come", is really saying two things:

1. that this being THE HOUR of "his judgement", that the judgement was within the hour, that is very, very near, even at the door, so to speak; and

2. that "his judgement" is the fire and brimstone against the wicked and salvation for the righteous. This latter point is taken up by the third angel and the voice from heaven as a consequence of what the second angel proclaims concerning Babylon.

It requires some amount of theological gymnastics to equate the "judgement" spoken of by the first angel to an investigative one rather than to one, indicated by the context, as being of fire and brimstone. It is time that SDA really sit and ponder carefully what they are really preaching.

Last edited by James Peterson; 09/24/13 01:59 PM.
Re: First Angel's Message [Re: James Peterson] #156589
09/25/13 04:04 AM
09/25/13 04:04 AM
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada

Yes, the message isn't popular in the world today, but it is the last urgent message.

The concept of the judgment hour wasn't really understood until after the Great Disappointment. Prior to the Great Disappointment the Millerites believed it referred to Christ's second coming.
After the Disappointment they realized that "the hour IS COME" (present tense) was followed by still more messages. The first angel's message was only the beginning, not the end. They grew in their understanding as they spent much time in study and prayer.

The Revelator clearly tells us the first angel has the "everlasting gospel" or covenant to preach to all nations, tongues, and people.
Thus obviously the 1st angel with his announcement that the hour of judgment IS COME, (not coming soon but IS COME) has to do with a judgment hour BEFORE the execution is carried out.

The third angel warns of the execution, but the first angel tells of the "hour of judgment".

This first angel is enlarging people's understanding of the everlasting gospel as well as initiating the last great message to the world. Thus there is something about this message that is more than what people usually consider "the gospel".

The first angel's primary message is
1) The announcement that God's judgment hour IS COME
2) The call to worship the Creator (with words that sound very much like the fourth commandment).

Those who embraced the message discovered (after the disappointment)
1) That Miller was right about the time lines, the way Christ would return, and that God's judgment hour had come
2) They discovered however that the judgment hour was not the 2nd coming itself, but the fulfilment of Daniel 7 when the Son of Man appears before the Ancient of Days and celestial court to receive His kingdom.
3) Further study brought them to understand that there is a judgment "hour" taking place in that heavenly court since 1844.
4) This sanctuary truth also showed the commandments as the foundation of the judgment and ONE of those commandments was not upheld by the Christian world -- the Creation 7th day Sabbath.
5) The call to worship the Creator was understood to include acknowledging the memorial of Creation -- the Sabbath.

The three angels messages begin by saying the message is part of the everlasting gospel, so much so, that the third angel warns that to ignore the messages and accept Satan's (and human devised)counterfeits results in damnation.

Yet many now claim that teaching about a judgment of believers and the observing of the so called "jewish" Sabbath is denying the gospel? But the Revelator clearly says the angels proclaiming this judgment hour and worship of him Who made all things message, have the everlasting gospel.

Re: First Angel's Message [Re: dedication] #156596
09/25/13 10:02 AM
09/25/13 10:02 AM
J
James Peterson  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2019

Dedicated Member
Canada

Yes, the message isn't popular in the world today, but it is the last urgent message.

The concept of the judgment hour wasn't really understood until after the Great Disappointment. Prior to the Great Disappointment the Millerites believed it referred to Christ's second coming.
After the Disappointment they realized that "the hour IS COME" (present tense) was followed by still more messages. The first angel's message was only the beginning, not the end. They grew in their understanding as they spent much time in study and prayer.

The Revelator clearly tells us the first angel has the "everlasting gospel" or covenant to preach to all nations, tongues, and people.
Thus obviously the 1st angel with his announcement that the hour of judgment IS COME, (not coming soon but IS COME) has to do with a judgment hour BEFORE the execution is carried out.

The third angel warns of the execution, but the first angel tells of the "hour of judgment".

This first angel is enlarging people's understanding of the everlasting gospel as well as initiating the last great message to the world. Thus there is something about this message that is more than what people usually consider "the gospel".

The first angel's primary message is
1) The announcement that God's judgment hour IS COME
2) The call to worship the Creator (with words that sound very much like the fourth commandment).

Those who embraced the message discovered (after the disappointment)
1) That Miller was right about the time lines, the way Christ would return, and that God's judgment hour had come
2) They discovered however that the judgment hour was not the 2nd coming itself, but the fulfilment of Daniel 7 when the Son of Man appears before the Ancient of Days and celestial court to receive His kingdom.
3) Further study brought them to understand that there is a judgment "hour" taking place in that heavenly court since 1844.
4) This sanctuary truth also showed the commandments as the foundation of the judgment and ONE of those commandments was not upheld by the Christian world -- the Creation 7th day Sabbath.
5) The call to worship the Creator was understood to include acknowledging the memorial of Creation -- the Sabbath.

The three angels messages begin by saying the message is part of the everlasting gospel, so much so, that the third angel warns that to ignore the messages and accept Satan's (and human devised)counterfeits results in damnation.

Yet many now claim that teaching about a judgment of believers and the observing of the so called "jewish" Sabbath is denying the gospel? But the Revelator clearly says the angels proclaiming this judgment hour and worship of him Who made all things message, have the everlasting gospel.

You are forcing your own interpretation on the text. Rather, listen to the Word of God. Jesus said, "NOW IS THE JUDGMENT OF THIS WORLD: now shall the prince of this world be cast out. And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me." (John 12:31-32)

Jesus did not leave you to believe as you please concerning the matter of judgment. First of all, he said that it was "NOW", i.e. in His day. Secondly, He said what it was, that "the prince of this world shall be cast out." It had nothing to do with the opening of books to discover the sins of men. And thirdly, he spoke of the accompanying message of salvation saying, "And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me."

But SDA WILFULLY force their own interpretation on Rev. 14 instead of allowing the Bible to interpret itself. By the way, Peter also spoke of "a judgment of God that NOW IS" in his day, and it was not investigative either. (1 Peter 4:12-19)

Last edited by James Peterson; 09/25/13 10:06 AM.
Re: First Angel's Message [Re: James Peterson] #156632
09/26/13 12:32 AM
09/26/13 12:32 AM
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Yes, I realize people want to reject this foundational message. We were warned that this would happen.

As to
John 12:31-32 this isn't speaking of the same time and event as Revelation 14.

In John 12 Jesus is speaking of His death upon the cross.

Quote:
12:27 Now is my soul troubled; and what shall I say? Father, save me from this hour: but for this cause came I unto this hour.
12:31 Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out.
12:32 And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all [men] unto me.
12:33 This he said, signifying what death he should die.

Jesus came to suffer the penalty of sinners. By taking the penalty of death upon Himself, Christ frees us from the domain of Satan. Satan, having usurped the dominion of the earth which was given to Adam in Genesis 1, claimed all humanity and he world as his. When Christ took our sins and died our death, Satan became a defeated foe.

Yes, that was a judgment of the world -- the great turning point in the history of earth. The door of salvation which was only promised prior to the cross, was thrown wide open to all who would respond in faith.

But that is not the same "hour of judgment" that is spoken of in Rev. 14.
Revelation 14 speaks of a judgment hour just before the second coming.

Revelation and Daniel complement one another.

Revelation 14 looks back to Daniel 7 for further understanding.

In Daniel 7 we see various beasts (kingdoms) vying for the dominion of the earth. The problem is they are all building on principles of the first usurper, not on the principles of heaven.

Finally we see the heavenly court scene where the Ancient of days comes on His throne with wheels burning like fire. Ten thousand upon ten thousand stood before him: the judgment was set, and the books were opened.

We see the Son of Man (Jesus in His glorified human body) being brought before this heavenly court. "And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion [is] an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom [that] which shall not be destroyed."

Jesus has taken His place at the head of the human race -- the position Adam lost and surrendered to Satan -- Christ has redeemed and now receives the dominion back, and through Him believers will inherit this everlasting kingdom.

Before this heavenly court He presents the names of the overcomers who will inherit the earth due to His great redemptive work.

Quote:
Rev. 3:5 He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.
3:6 He that has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

Yes, it is after these beasts in Daniel 7 have exhibited their violent battles for dominion (after the times,time and half a time =1260 years) that

Quote:
"the judgment shall sit, and they shall take away his (the blasphemous horn's) dominion, to consume and to destroy it unto the end.
7:27 And the kingdom and dominion, and the greatness of the kingdom under the whole heaven, shall be given to the people of the saints of the most High, whose kingdom [is] an everlasting kingdom, and all dominions shall serve and obey him.

Re: First Angel's Message [Re: dedication] #156646
09/26/13 04:25 PM
09/26/13 04:25 PM
J
James Peterson  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2019

Dedicated Member
Canada
Yes, I realize people want to reject this foundational message. We were warned that this would happen.

As to
John 12:31-32 this isn't speaking of the same time and event as Revelation 14.

In John 12 Jesus is speaking of His death upon the cross.

Quote:
12:27 Now is my soul troubled; and what shall I say? Father, save me from this hour: but for this cause came I unto this hour.
12:31 Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out.
12:32 And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all [men] unto me.
12:33 This he said, signifying what death he should die.

Jesus came to suffer the penalty of sinners. By taking the penalty of death upon Himself, Christ frees us from the domain of Satan. Satan, having usurped the dominion of the earth which was given to Adam in Genesis 1, claimed all humanity and he world as his. When Christ took our sins and died our death, Satan became a defeated foe.

Yes, that was a judgment of the world -- the great turning point in the history of earth. The door of salvation which was only promised prior to the cross, was thrown wide open to all who would respond in faith.

But that is not the same "hour of judgment" that is spoken of in Rev. 14.
Revelation 14 speaks of a judgment hour just before the second coming.

Revelation and Daniel complement one another.

Revelation 14 looks back to Daniel 7 for further understanding.

In Daniel 7 we see various beasts (kingdoms) vying for the dominion of the earth. The problem is they are all building on principles of the first usurper, not on the principles of heaven.

Finally we see the heavenly court scene where the Ancient of days comes on His throne with wheels burning like fire. Ten thousand upon ten thousand stood before him: the judgment was set, and the books were opened.

We see the Son of Man (Jesus in His glorified human body) being brought before this heavenly court. "And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion [is] an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom [that] which shall not be destroyed."

Jesus has taken His place at the head of the human race -- the position Adam lost and surrendered to Satan -- Christ has redeemed and now receives the dominion back, and through Him believers will inherit this everlasting kingdom.

Before this heavenly court He presents the names of the overcomers who will inherit the earth due to His great redemptive work.

Quote:
Rev. 3:5 He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.
3:6 He that has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

Yes, it is after these beasts in Daniel 7 have exhibited their violent battles for dominion (after the times,time and half a time =1260 years) that

Quote:
"the judgment shall sit, and they shall take away his (the blasphemous horn's) dominion, to consume and to destroy it unto the end.
7:27 And the kingdom and dominion, and the greatness of the kingdom under the whole heaven, shall be given to the people of the saints of the most High, whose kingdom [is] an everlasting kingdom, and all dominions shall serve and obey him.

John says, "Then I saw another angel flying in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach to those who dwell on the earth — to every nation, tribe, tongue, and people — saying with a loud voice, 'Fear God and give glory to Him, FOR THE HOUR OF HIS JUDGEMENT HAS COME; and worship Him who made heaven and earth, the sea and springs of water.'"

This is the same thing Jesus says, "NOW IS THE JUDGEMENT OF THIS WORLD; now the ruler of this world will be cast out. And I, if I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all peoples to Myself."

Read carefully about how He defines JUDGEMENT: "now the ruler of this world will be cast out." It is only SDA who invented a doctrine of an investigative judgement. The Bible interprets itself and tells you what is "this judgement". It is the casting out of sinners from the people of God, the Second Advent in the first instance and Calvary+Pentecost in the second.

Last edited by James Peterson; 09/26/13 04:28 PM.
Re: First Angel's Message [Re: James Peterson] #156651
09/26/13 09:16 PM
09/26/13 09:16 PM
H
Harold Fair  Offline
Active Member 2013
Florida, USA
Mr. Peterson, what Bible are you using? Look at it and find out just when Satan was cast out of this Earth.

Harold T.
Re: First Angel's Message [Re: Harold Fair] #156652
09/26/13 09:21 PM
09/26/13 09:21 PM
J
James Peterson  Offline
NON-SDA
Active Member 2019

Dedicated Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: Harold Fair
Mr. Peterson, what Bible are you using? Look at it and find out just when Satan was cast out of this Earth.

What Bible are YOU using? Jesus did not anything about being "cast out of this Earth".

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
The Gospel According To John
by dedication. 05/05/24 05:39 AM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 05/03/24 02:55 AM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/30/24 10:34 PM
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
What Does EGW Say About Ordination?
by dedication. 05/05/24 05:07 AM
When Does Satan Impersonate Christ?
by Rick H. 05/03/24 10:09 AM
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 05/02/24 08:58 PM
The Papacy And The American Election
by Rick H. 04/30/24 09:34 AM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!