HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,597
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 14
kland 9
Daryl 3
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
Kevin H
Kevin H
New York
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
4 registered members (Karen Y, Daryl, dedication, 1 invisible), 3,182 guests, and 18 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: Zehariah chapter four [Re: Godsloveandlaw] #173042
05/05/15 04:43 AM
05/05/15 04:43 AM
A
Alchemy  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2018

Most Dedicated Member
Asia
Blessings Godsloveandlaw,

I agree with what Sister White says. The Law and Prophets is exactly how Jesus described the whole of the Scriptures. We now have the New Testament and so the Old and New Testaments would be the same as the Law and the Prophets, the whole of the Scriptures.

Re: Zehariah chapter four [Re: Godsloveandlaw] #173052
05/05/15 05:22 PM
05/05/15 05:22 PM
dedication  Online Content OP
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: Godsloveandlaw
Ded- In other words -- the interpretation given above tells us we must trust in the arms of flesh

As usual you don't disappoint. Are "prophets" the arm of flesh? You certainly are (arm of flesh) I can tell you that.

Ded- There is something seriously wrong with that interpretation.

The only thing I find "wrong" with your interpretation is what I said. You are good at mis-interpreting.

The thing that is very troubling is how you present things and then pretend you didn't present it that way.

Remember what you posted in your conclusion of Zechariah 4?

It is your conclusion (and Houteff's conclusion) of Zechariah four that I find seriously troubling, and which I was addressing.

Indeed God gave us the scriptures through His prophets --
that is not the issue.

But you are saying only two people IN OUR PRESENT DAY are authorized to go directly to these scriptures to find truth.
And of those two (authorized) only one has the final say as to what the other wrote, (you have made that perfectly clear whenever EGW statements that conflict with Houteff's interpretations are presented) making that one so called prophet (Houteff) the sole authority of interpretation of scripture.

Originally Posted By: GLL
the two golden pipes, which carry the golden oil from the trees to the bowl, are the only two mediums which God has employed since 1844 A.D. to interpret the Scriptures.

Who are the two mediums prophesied here? We know that since 1844 God has brought us the SOP-Ellen White, who could be the other? These two alone are authorized to interpret Scripture.
Further, as this prophecy was interpreted in 1939, it proves it is in place for us today. (#167874 - 09/02/14 12:13 AM "Summary of our Zechaiah 4 study")

ONLY TWO PIPES (messengers-prophets) are allowed to extract the oil from the trees. No one understood this prophecy clearly until 1939, and now that we understand it let us heed it. (#167906 - 09/03/14 11:00 AM "Summary of our Zechaiah 4 study")

From his previous posts it is no secret who you, GLL, believes the second and most enlightened prophet of 1939 is! Houteff

And notice the emphasis on THE ONLY ONES since 1844 who are allowed to extract "oil" from the two trees (OT and NT)

But if we don't go to scripture ourselves then
the real "fun of Satan" is to get people to look to a false prophet who will use Bible passages to tell people he alone has the authority to interpret scripture, and that any other reading is "private interpretation".

And that is what is happening here, in this interpretation of Zechariah four.

Remember where Houteff was leading -- his interpretations lead to a totally different destination from EGW's visions

In Houteff's interpretation all Adventists who reject Houteff's message must die
after they are all dead, God will give the "survivors" (those who accepted Houteff's message) the land of Palestine (earthly Zion)where they will "cast out the horns of the Gentiles who now rule the land" and while Christ is the invisible king, (See 8 Tract 46-47) an anti-typical human David will reign as God's visible king (some SRod believe it will be Christ in human form as both the visible and invisible)and all the nations, will flock to them (including most of Babylon) and they will gather them (all totally sinless now into this earthly kingdom run by the "purified church") where paradise conditions will exist, (see 8 Tract p.64) all before Christ's visible return in the clouds.

Now the question is -- where did such an interpretation come from?

Re: Zehariah chapter four [Re: dedication] #173077
05/06/15 08:16 PM
05/06/15 08:16 PM
G
Godsloveandlaw  Offline
SDA
Supporting Member 2015
Active Member 2015

Coachella Valley, Cailf.
Ded- But you are saying only two people IN OUR PRESENT DAY are authorized to go directly to these scriptures to find truth.
And of those two (authorized) only one has the final say as to what the other wrote, (you have made that perfectly clear whenever EGW statements that conflict with Houteff's interpretations are presented) making that one so called prophet (Houteff) the sole authority of interpretation of scripture.

Let me clarify for you. First, the Scriptures say that He will send "Elijah" before the great and dreadful day of the Lord. Obviously you do not believe that or maybe you think , as many SDA do, that EGW was this Elijah.

Those who have searched, and believe me this truth is growing (particularly in the poor countries), have found that only one man in our church history has fit all the clues of Inspiration. EGW said a "he" , male, "would come", future tense, would be thought to "misinterpret the Scriptures", would be mostly rejected, "You are too earnest", would be zealous for the Lord's warning message and end time instruction of reform. (TM, p.475)

Victor Houteff did claim that his message was to prepare the SDA people for the "great and dreadful day of the Lord". He also interpreted many long held confusing Scriptures, such as Zech. 4. As Zech. 4 is a lesson for us today, not for those of yesterday, it stands to reason that VTH along with EGW would be the two pipes authorized to go into the trees (OT and NT). Then bring out the interpretation (prophetic) for us to understand.

But as you are one of those who has declared before God's angels that God did not send VTH, you must wait and see what the Truth is. in others words, as the ol saying goes , "you have made your bed, now you must lay in it."

The lesson of Korah comes to mind.

Ded-In Houteff's interpretation all Adventists who reject Houteff's message must die

That is the difference, you believe it is was just "Houteff's" message, we believe it was from the Lord.

Ded- Now the question is -- where did such an interpretation come from?

From the SCRIPTURES, not from Houteff, they teach that the "escaped " of Israel will return to Israel.

Now I have addressed your points and questions can you do the same?

1) Do you still believe that "men" (ie. humans)will do the destroying of Ezek? If so give your references again.

2) Do you still believe that VTH taught that the DSDA will someday soo rise up and do the slaying depicted by Ezek. 9?

2) Why have you not commented on Isaiah 66:15-21 as to it's meaning. We have posted this important prophetic Scripture many times , and it was interpreted by VTH. Can we see your own private interpretation of it?

"There is to be in the churches a wonderful manifestation of the power of God, but it will not move upon those who have not humbled themselves before the Lord, and opened the door of their heart by confession and repentance. In the manifestation of that power which lightens the earth with the glory of God, they will see only something which in their blindness they think dangerous, something which will arouse their fears, and they will brace themselves to resist it.

Because the Lord does not work according to their expectations and ideal, they will oppose the work. "Why," they say, "should we not know the Spirit of God, when we have been in the work so many years?" Because they did not respond to the warnings, the entreaties, of the messages of God, but persistently said, "I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing."(Maranatha, p.220)

Last edited by Godsloveandlaw; 05/06/15 08:23 PM.
Re: Zehariah chapter four [Re: Godsloveandlaw] #173143
05/09/15 11:55 PM
05/09/15 11:55 PM
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada

First, the Scriptures say that He will send "Elijah" before the great and dreadful day of the Lord. Obviously you do not believe that or maybe you think , as many SDA do, that EGW was this Elijah.
... EGW said a "he" , male, "would come", future tense, would be thought to "misinterpret the Scriptures", would be mostly rejected, "You are too earnest", would be zealous for the Lord's warning message and end time instruction of reform. (TM, p.475) Victor Houteff did claim that his message was to prepare the SDA people for the "great and dreadful day of the Lord".

First concerning EGW's quote found in TM 475, and RH Feb. 18,1890, yes she was referring to herself as well as to the message of righteousness by faith that during the years 1888-1893 was being presented to the people.

This was the message that was (and is) to prepare the hearts and minds of the people for the latter rain.

Yet it was being opposed and EGW's gift itself was being questioned because she was supporting this message as the message to prepare people for the latter rain experience.
In this statement she was letting them know that she would share what God had revealed, not what they wanted her to say.

Quote:
In Christ, divinity and humanity were combined. Divinity was not degraded to humanity; divinity held its place, but humanity by being united to divinity, withstood the fiercest test of temptation in the wilderness. ... The light of the glory of God shone upon our Representative, and this fact says to us that the glory of God may shine upon us. With his human arm, Jesus encircled the race, and with his divine arm he grasped the throne of the Infinite, connecting man with God, and earth with heaven. {RH, February 18, 1890 par. 12}
....If I think I have light, I shall do my duty in presenting it. Suppose I consulted others concerning the message the Lord would have me give to the people, the door might be closed so that the light might not reach the ones to whom God had sent it. ...The Lord says, "Behold, I send you Elijah the prophet, before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord." Somebody is to come in the spirit and power of Elijah, and when he appears, men may say, "You are too earnest, you do not interpret the Scriptures in the proper way. Let me tell you how to teach your message." .. I shall tell the truth as God gives it to me, and I say now, If you continue to find fault, to have a spirit of variance, you will never know the truth. {RH, February 18, 1890}

She also makes it clear, it is God's people who are to give the "Elijah" message -- the message of righteousness by faith as combined in the three angels' massages.

Quote:
" [Malachi 4:5, 6.] John the Baptist went forth in the spirit and power of Elijah, to prepare the way of the Lord, and to turn the people to the wisdom of the just. He was a representative of those living in the last days, to whom God has intrusted sacred truths to present before the people, to prepare the way for the second appearing of Christ. {CTBH 39.1}

GLL wrote: He (Houteff) also interpreted many long held confusing Scriptures, such as Zech. 4.

Comment -- a lot of people have interpreted these passages, the question isn't "did he give an interpretation" but "is it a correct interpretation"?

GLL wrote: But as you are one of those who has declared before God's angels that God did not send VTH, you must wait and see what the Truth is.

"God wants us to depend upon him, and not upon man....are you to go to man to find out his opinion, and then shape your conclusions from his?--No, go to God. Tell him what you want; take your Bible and search as for hidden treasures; go to the Bible, comparing it with the law and the testimony, and if it does not bear this test, it is not true."

GLL wrote: you believe it is was just "Houteff's" message, we believe it was from the Lord.

You are free to believe as your conscience leads. However, there is no way I can reconcile Houteff's teachings to NT interpretations of the OT prophecies, or to EGW's interpretations of prophetic last day events.

I asked earlier concerning the whole pre-second coming kingdom interpretation -- Now the question is -- where did such an interpretation come from?

GLL wrote: From the SCRIPTURES,

Every doctrine floating around presents itself as coming from scripture.

In fact even New Age channelers will base their ideas on scripture --

"The prime work of the church is to teach, and teach ceaselessly, preserving the outer appearance in order to reach the many who are accustomed to church usages. Teachers must be trained; Bible knowledge must be spread..."
And who is the author of that quote? Alice Bailey a new age priestess (Externalization)

So you see it's not enough to simply follow someone's selection of Bible verses -- WE MUST STUDY FOR OURSELVES and earnestly seek the Holy Spirit to shield us from deception and lead us to truth.

GLL asks:
1) Do you still believe that "men" (ie. humans)will do the destroying of Ezek? If so give your references again

Ezekiel 9 has an historic and a future fulfilment.

I believe Ezekiel 9 related first of all to the literal fall of Jerusalem to the Babylonian Armies.

It is not consistent to say the verses dealing with Jerusalem's destruction mean (SDA'S are going to be destroyed) while saying Jerusalem's restoration means the literal old Jerusalem kingdom will be restored.

Both the destruction and restoration referred to the literal city being destroyed and the literal city being restored prior to Christ's FIRST coming.

Yes, there is a future fulfilment of these prophecies.

Great Controversy 656 tells us during the last plague when God reveals Himself, the lost will turn on their false leaders and there will be a terrible slaughter. She then writes:

Quote:
"." Now the angel of death goes forth, represented in Ezekiel's vision by the men with the slaughtering weapons, to whom the command is given: "Slay utterly old and young, both maids, and little children, and women: but come not near any man upon whom is the mark; and begin at My sanctuary." Says the prophet: "They began at the ancient men which were before the house." Ezekiel 9:1-6. The work of destruction begins among those who have professed to be the spiritual guardians of the people. The false watchmen are the first to fall. There are none to pity or to spare. Men, women, maidens, and little children perish together. {GC 656.2}

There is no second chance for ANYONE after that. No, restoring of old Jerusalem, no converting of the nation.
Quote:
3T 267 "sinners in Zion, will never receive the mark of God's sealing approval. They will fall in the general destruction of the wicked, represented by the work of the five men bearing slaughter weapons."

Just like the future fulfilment of the destruction of sinners in Zion is not about literal old Jerusalem, so the restoration is not about literal old Jerusalem.

The fulfilment of the restoration -- the crowning work of salvation begins at Christ's second coming, when He takes His redeemed to His Father's House in the New Jerusalem.

The final, complete restoration is the New Earth after the 1000 years when all things are made new.

2) Do you still believe that VTH taught that the DSDA will someday soo rise up and do the slaying depicted by Ezek. 9?

The possibility exists that some will take things in their own hands and make an attempt. After all -- SRod interpretations hang their hope of the conversion of much of the world, and a paradise like earthly kingdom, on the prerequisite of the destruction of Adventists.
With such a philosophy how eager are they to get on with their earthly kingdom?
For them Adventists are the blockade stopping God's earthly kingdom from happening.

Now, we are told the time is coming when those who refuse to accept the ecumenical solutions are to be killed (Rev. 13)
When government restrictions are lifted, what is there to stop a group who sincerely believe God's work can't begin until the Adventists are dead?

2) Why have you not commented on Isaiah 66:15-21 as to it's meaning. have posted this important prophetic Scripture many times , and it was interpreted by VTH. Can we see your own private interpretation of it?

Who is WE ?
I have given thorough explanations on many passages which you presented. And they aren't just my own private interpretations either, just because they don't agree with Houteff. I don't even remember any reference to Isaiah 66 -- but then haven't had time to read everything you post.

But I'll take a look at it.

Last edited by dedication; 05/10/15 12:05 AM.
Re: Zehariah chapter four [Re: dedication] #173151
05/10/15 01:15 AM
05/10/15 01:15 AM
A
Alchemy  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2018

Most Dedicated Member
Asia
Originally Posted By: dedication

First, the Scriptures say that He will send "Elijah" before the great and dreadful day of the Lord. Obviously you do not believe that or maybe you think , as many SDA do, that EGW was this Elijah.
... EGW said a "he" , male, "would come", future tense, would be thought to "misinterpret the Scriptures", would be mostly rejected, "You are too earnest", would be zealous for the Lord's warning message and end time instruction of reform. (TM, p.475) Victor Houteff did claim that his message was to prepare the SDA people for the "great and dreadful day of the Lord".

First concerning EGW's quote found in TM 475, and RH Feb. 18,1890, yes she was referring to herself as well as to the message of righteousness by faith that during the years 1888-1893 was being presented to the people.

This was the message that was (and is) to prepare the hearts and minds of the people for the latter rain.

Yet it was being opposed and EGW's gift itself was being questioned because she was supporting this message as the message to prepare people for the latter rain experience.
In this statement she was letting them know that she would share what God had revealed, not what they wanted her to say.

Quote:
In Christ, divinity and humanity were combined. Divinity was not degraded to humanity; divinity held its place, but humanity by being united to divinity, withstood the fiercest test of temptation in the wilderness. ... The light of the glory of God shone upon our Representative, and this fact says to us that the glory of God may shine upon us. With his human arm, Jesus encircled the race, and with his divine arm he grasped the throne of the Infinite, connecting man with God, and earth with heaven. {RH, February 18, 1890 par. 12}
....If I think I have light, I shall do my duty in presenting it. Suppose I consulted others concerning the message the Lord would have me give to the people, the door might be closed so that the light might not reach the ones to whom God had sent it. ...The Lord says, "Behold, I send you Elijah the prophet, before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord." Somebody is to come in the spirit and power of Elijah, and when he appears, men may say, "You are too earnest, you do not interpret the Scriptures in the proper way. Let me tell you how to teach your message." .. I shall tell the truth as God gives it to me, and I say now, If you continue to find fault, to have a spirit of variance, you will never know the truth. {RH, February 18, 1890}

She also makes it clear, it is God's people who are to give the "Elijah" message -- the message of righteousness by faith as combined in the three angels' massages.

Quote:
" [Malachi 4:5, 6.] John the Baptist went forth in the spirit and power of Elijah, to prepare the way of the Lord, and to turn the people to the wisdom of the just. He was a representative of those living in the last days, to whom God has intrusted sacred truths to present before the people, to prepare the way for the second appearing of Christ. {CTBH 39.1}

GLL wrote: He (Houteff) also interpreted many long held confusing Scriptures, such as Zech. 4.

Comment -- a lot of people have interpreted these passages, the question isn't "did he give an interpretation" but "is it a correct interpretation"?

GLL wrote: But as you are one of those who has declared before God's angels that God did not send VTH, you must wait and see what the Truth is.

"God wants us to depend upon him, and not upon man....are you to go to man to find out his opinion, and then shape your conclusions from his?--No, go to God. Tell him what you want; take your Bible and search as for hidden treasures; go to the Bible, comparing it with the law and the testimony, and if it does not bear this test, it is not true."

GLL wrote: you believe it is was just "Houteff's" message, we believe it was from the Lord.

You are free to believe as your conscience leads. However, there is no way I can reconcile Houteff's teachings to NT interpretations of the OT prophecies, or to EGW's interpretations of prophetic last day events.

I asked earlier concerning the whole pre-second coming kingdom interpretation -- Now the question is -- where did such an interpretation come from?

GLL wrote: From the SCRIPTURES,

Every doctrine floating around presents itself as coming from scripture.

In fact even New Age channelers will base their ideas on scripture --

"The prime work of the church is to teach, and teach ceaselessly, preserving the outer appearance in order to reach the many who are accustomed to church usages. Teachers must be trained; Bible knowledge must be spread..."
And who is the author of that quote? Alice Bailey a new age priestess (Externalization)

So you see it's not enough to simply follow someone's selection of Bible verses -- WE MUST STUDY FOR OURSELVES and earnestly seek the Holy Spirit to shield us from deception and lead us to truth.

GLL asks:
1) Do you still believe that "men" (ie. humans)will do the destroying of Ezek? If so give your references again

Ezekiel 9 has an historic and a future fulfilment.

I believe Ezekiel 9 related first of all to the literal fall of Jerusalem to the Babylonian Armies.

It is not consistent to say the verses dealing with Jerusalem's destruction mean (SDA'S are going to be destroyed) while saying Jerusalem's restoration means the literal old Jerusalem kingdom will be restored.

Both the destruction and restoration referred to the literal city being destroyed and the literal city being restored prior to Christ's FIRST coming.

Yes, there is a future fulfilment of these prophecies.

Great Controversy 656 tells us during the last plague when God reveals Himself, the lost will turn on their false leaders and there will be a terrible slaughter. She then writes:

Quote:
"." Now the angel of death goes forth, represented in Ezekiel's vision by the men with the slaughtering weapons, to whom the command is given: "Slay utterly old and young, both maids, and little children, and women: but come not near any man upon whom is the mark; and begin at My sanctuary." Says the prophet: "They began at the ancient men which were before the house." Ezekiel 9:1-6. The work of destruction begins among those who have professed to be the spiritual guardians of the people. The false watchmen are the first to fall. There are none to pity or to spare. Men, women, maidens, and little children perish together. {GC 656.2}

There is no second chance for ANYONE after that. No, restoring of old Jerusalem, no converting of the nation.
Quote:
3T 267 "sinners in Zion, will never receive the mark of God's sealing approval. They will fall in the general destruction of the wicked, represented by the work of the five men bearing slaughter weapons."

Just like the future fulfilment of the destruction of sinners in Zion is not about literal old Jerusalem, so the restoration is not about literal old Jerusalem.

The fulfilment of the restoration -- the crowning work of salvation begins at Christ's second coming, when He takes His redeemed to His Father's House in the New Jerusalem.

The final, complete restoration is the New Earth after the 1000 years when all things are made new.

The possibility exists that some will take things in their own hands and make an attempt. After all -- SRod interpretations hang their hope of the conversion of much of the world, and a paradise like earthly kingdom, on the prerequisite of the destruction of Adventists.
With such a philosophy how eager are they to get on with their earthly kingdom?
For them Adventists are the blockade stopping God's earthly kingdom from happening.

Now, we are told the time is coming when those who refuse to accept the ecumenical solutions are to be killed (Rev. 13)
When government restrictions are lifted, what is there to stop a group who sincerely believe God's work can't begin until the Adventists are dead?

2) Why have you not commented on Isaiah 66:15-21 as to it's meaning. have posted this important prophetic Scripture many times , and it was interpreted by VTH. Can we see your own private interpretation of it?

Who is WE ?
I have given thorough explanations on many passages which you presented. And they aren't just my own private interpretations either, just because they don't agree with Houteff. I don't even remember any reference to Isaiah 66 -- but then haven't had time to read everything you post.

Excellent response Dedication!

We need to be mindful that DSDA's are simply followers of a false prophet in Victor Houteff. Their interpretation of Daniel 2, Ezekiel 9 and more are completely unBiblical.

We need to preach Christ to them. We need to preach the Holy Spirit to them. Because until their converted, there isn't anything we can say to reach them.

Re: Zehariah chapter four [Re: dedication] #173171
05/10/15 06:06 PM
05/10/15 06:06 PM
G
Godsloveandlaw  Offline
SDA
Supporting Member 2015
Active Member 2015

Coachella Valley, Cailf.
Ded- First concerning EGW's quote found in TM 475, and RH Feb. 18,1890, yes she was referring to herself as well as to the message of righteousness by faith that during the years 1888-1893 was being presented to the people.

When people as yourself say this, what they are doing is saying that she is claiming to be the "Elijah" spoken of in Mal. 4:5. No doubt you are repeating what the SDA leaders added as a asterisk to her quote in 1962. We did a post explaining their reason for this "addition" to her original statement (left alone for 72 years). "Why Elijah"

Ded-She also makes it clear, it is God's people who are to give the "Elijah" message -- the message of righteousness by faith as combined in the three angels' massages.

UMM, let's see EGW "makes it clear"? Ok then the "he" she said "to come" is meant to be "we" (as in many people) Why not clarify that? She herself said we are to take the Bible as it reads. You see, this is EXACTLY what Satan does!

When God told Adam and Eve you shall surely die if you eat of the tree, Satan says 'you shall NOT surely die." So one word is thrown off to deceive. But I know this will not uncover you and your others blindness who cannot see this.

***** STAFF EDIT *****

Ded-Who is WE ?

Sometimes I refer to "we" as the Spirit of Truth (ie. Holy Spirit) and myself. As the Lord leads.

Yes, try your *** STAFF EDIT *** interpretations on it. Look forward to seeing it.

Last edited by Daryl; 05/13/15 04:09 PM. Reason: Staff Edit to remove inappropriate content.
Re: Zehariah chapter four [Re: dedication] #173183
05/11/15 03:52 AM
05/11/15 03:52 AM
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
First -- what is the Elijah message?
It is the three angels' messages which include righteousness by faith in verity.

EGW does not claim to be THE Elijah, but she is definitely a very important part, through whom God worked to bring the message before the world.

She wrote that statement in 1890 when God was revealing to the church the importance of Christ and His righteousness as an integral part of the three angels' message.
By defending the message and the men bringing it, several leaders were thinking EGW (as well as the men bringing the message) were contradicting their understanding of the rigorous defense of God's law.

However, it was made plain that without an understanding of Christ and His righteousness and a vital connection with HIM, the law could not save anyone.

Quote:
Dedication wrote-She also makes it clear, it is God's people who are to give the "Elijah" message -- the message of righteousness by faith as combined in the three angels' massages.

GLL wrote: UMM, let's see EGW "makes it clear"? Ok then the "he" she said "to come" is meant to be "we" (as in many people) Why not clarify that? She herself said we are to take the Bible as it reads.

Why are you focused on a man, instead of the last warning message that is to go to the world?

EGW did clarify that Elijah message would be given by people.

Quote:
As a prophet, John was "to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the disobedient to the wisdom of the just; to make ready a people prepared for the Lord." In preparing the way for Christ's first advent, he was a representative of those who are to prepare a people for our Lord's second coming.DA 101

Of course when she quoted the verse in Malachi 4, she used the words written there.
But then she clarifies that "he" was a representative of THOSE who are to prepare a people for our lord's second coming.

Now what does it mean to take the bible as it reads?
It means seeking the true meaning and following it. And that means interpretation is part of it.

You, yourself do not take the Bible literally as it reads in many instances -- you interpret it.
Ez 9:2 And, behold, six men came from the way of the higher gate, and every man a slaughter weapon in his hand.

Do you read six literal men?

The three angels' messages of Revelation 14, are each described as an angel crying with a loud voice --
Do you insist we understand this as three literal angels?
Or are they representing people proclaiming these messages?

In Revelation two and three John the apostle is told to write letters to the angels of the churches.
2:1 Unto the angel of the church of Ephesus write
2:8 And unto the angel of the church in Smyrna write
2:18 And unto the angel of the church in Thyatira write
etc

Are we to read that John wrote these letters to seven different angels? and each letter was addressing an angel? Or are these messages to a whole group of people?

In like manner when the "spirit of Elijah" is spoken of as "he" it can represent a group of people giving a message.

As to Ez. 9 -- I gave a direct answer.
You want me to answer in the context of your understanding -- which I cannot do, because your understanding is not in harmony with what I have found.

The actual fulfilment of Ez. 9 takes place during the seventh plague just as it is described in GC 656 -- the "sinners in Zion" who mislead the people will fall "in the general destruction" at that time.
During the time of trouble many will renounce their commitment and faith in Christ and obedience to Him, and will be put all their power into seeing their former brethren destroyed. They will be very much alive. (See 5T p.463)

Re: Zehariah chapter four [Re: dedication] #173215
05/12/15 03:20 PM
05/12/15 03:20 PM
G
Godsloveandlaw  Offline
SDA
Supporting Member 2015
Active Member 2015

Coachella Valley, Cailf.
Ded- Why are you focused on a man, instead of the last warning message that is to go to the world?

Again, you are not comprehending the obvious. When she said "he" "is to come" you must, and I say must ignore that plain statement from SOP. Just like the legions of other SDA do. We as DSDA do not.

Additionally we understand the Lord does not throw curve balls or deceit by promising a MALE prophet--"Elijah" to come before the Great and Dreadful day of the Lord. You must accept that 1) the Lord was not to bring a male prophet, rather many people.2) For some the idea that Elijah means a woman--EGW. How absurd to mock God's plain statement!

SOP counsels to "take the Bible as it reads". As mentioned this is what Satan does. He get people *** STAFF EDIT *** to say "oh skip over that little word "he", it means not what it says."

Quote- "..he was a representative of those who are to prepare a people for our Lord's second coming."DA 101

Ofcourse after the "one" to sound off the message of Elijah came, there are those of us to carry forward the work-- representatives.

Ded- But then she clarifies that "he" was a representative of THOSE who are to prepare a people for our lord's second coming.

Yes and this "he" is John the baptist not the Elijah of Mal. 4:5. John did not come "before the great and dreadful day of the Lord". The Scripture shows clearly a male prophet--Elijah is to come. But you are once again trying the fit scripture to SOP. We must always do the opposite. if we can't , then we must admit there is not enough light to explain the Scripture, rather than force the Bible to fit your agenda.

Ded-Ez 9:2 And, behold, six men came from the way of the higher gate, and every man a slaughter weapon in his hand.

Do you read six literal men?

If you would study Scripture more closely you would see that "men" are sometimes described as angels.

Daniel shows this very well.

"..while I was speaking in prayer, the man, Gabriel, whom I has seen in the vision at the beginning ..."(Dan.9:21)

Further, As it is well know that Ezekiel 9 constitutes a purification, in which the Lord is to do a "sifting", Scripture and SOP confirms who is to do this sifting (ie. slaughter weapons to destroy)

"The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity; And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth." (Matt.13:41-42)

"The time of the harvest will fully determine the character of the two classes specified under the figure of the tares and the wheat. The work of separation is given to the angels of God, and not committed into the hands of any man." (TM. p.47-48)

You still have not shown any reference to back up your mistaken belief that human men will do the slaughter of Ezek.9 , if you have changed your mind in this, let us know--no harm no foul, only Praise for honesty.

Also, still waiting for your *** STAFF EDIT *** interpretation of Isaiah 66:15-20. Some may ask--"why is that Scripture important?" Because the Elijah prophet used it extensively to confirm his message from the Lord showing the upcoming church purification.

"I have been shown that the greatest reason why the people of God are now found in this state of spiritual blindness is that they will not receive correction. Many have despised the reproofs and warnings given them." (Testimonies, vol. 3, p.255)

Last edited by Daryl; 05/13/15 03:48 PM. Reason: Staff Edit to remove inappropriate content.
Re: Zehariah chapter four [Re: dedication] #173255
05/13/15 04:12 PM
05/13/15 04:12 PM
Daryl  Online Canadian

Site Administrator
23000+ Member
Nova Scotia, Canada
ADMIN HAT ON!!!!!

Please refrain from unkind and disrespectful comments. If it continues, this thread will be permanently closed and other action will be taken.

ADMIN HAT OFF!!!!!

In His Love, Mercy & Grace,

Daryl smile

John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

http://www.christians-discuss.com/forum/index.php
Re: Zehariah chapter four [Re: Daryl] #173378
05/16/15 03:12 PM
05/16/15 03:12 PM
G
Godsloveandlaw  Offline
SDA
Supporting Member 2015
Active Member 2015

Coachella Valley, Cailf.
hello brother Daryl,

For clarification, could you please explain why asking for a private interpretation is disrespectful? Her interpretation (also mine) are indeed private, lest we claim we are prophets, right? This is truthful not dis-respectful. If someone asked for my interpretation and labeled it private, of course I could not dis-agree because it would indeed be.

I will be more attentive to responding to her and thanks for the heads up. Her feelings are most likely hurt, and for that I apologize.

The message of the hour is the "straight testimony" and as such sometimes we must speak straight. And sometimes SOP counsel comes into play.

"By some there is shunning of the living testimony. Cutting truths must not be shunned. It needs something besides theory to reach hearts now. It needs the stirring testimony to alarm and arouse; that will stir the enemy's subjects, and then honest souls will be led to decide for the truth. There has been and still is with some a disposition to have everything move on very smoothly. They see no necessity of straight testimony." 2SG 283

"Let the truth cut. I have been shown that why ministers have not more success is, they are afraid of hurting feelings, fearful of not being courteous, and they lower the standard of truth, and conceal if possible the peculiarity of our faith. I saw that God could not make such successful. The truth must be made pointed, and the necessity of a decision urged. And as false shepherds are crying, Peace, and are preaching smooth things, the servants of God must cry aloud, and spare not, and leave the result with God." 2SG 284

Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/25/24 09:37 AM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 04/24/24 02:15 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!