HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,597
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 14
kland 9
Daryl 3
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
Kevin H
Kevin H
New York
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
4 registered members (Karen Y, Daryl, dedication, 1 invisible), 3,182 guests, and 18 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Modern Prophecies to Consider [Re: Charity] #178548
11/29/15 03:36 PM
11/29/15 03:36 PM
E
Elle  Offline
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
Thanks for sharing this and the link of this group.

I applaud anyone who enters the Pentecost level of faith where we learn to hear the Holy Spirit and follow Him intead of our own voice that is carnal and cannot understand spiritual things(1Cor 2:14). The "natural man" is the one that needs to be stoned and tells us to follow strange gods that we have not known before(Deut 13:2)(see Post#178533).

The thing about this Pentecost level of faith -- it is a LEARNING stage where it is very natural and part of the process to make mistakes. It is tru our mistakes thst often we learn the most. We have to understand this and extend our support to our brothers and sisters and not be like the Israelites of Old or the Jews who were quick to stone any "false" prophets because of their own lack of not being able to hear the Holy Spirit for themselves for not entering that Pentecost level of faith.

So I can see that many who posts in that sites, are learning to hear like any others -- meaning that what they have expressed in their own words a) may not be the word of the Lord by adding their own interpretation of what they saw and heard. and b)not fully understanding what the Lord is doing for they are just a young learner.

This is fine and part of the learning process. These people needs to be praised and encouraged to continue their learning walk with the Spirit. I'm sure there are good gems from them to be retrieved. However, you need the Holy Spirit yourself to filter out all the learning mistakes they are doing and only extract what is coming from Him.

I view the purpose of this stage and the prophetic messages given to them as the Lord wants us to excersice ourself(the body) hearing His voice by testing all things by which as a result we gather some oil for our lamp before His coming. So we shouldn't be afraid and we are to take our Christian Duty seriously in testing all things with the Holy Spirit according to Deut 13, Deut 18, Is 8:20 and other scriptures.

Concerning, America being in the receiving ends of woes -- I do expect this to happen also. It's been like 10 years the Lord send Jonathan Cahn to give us this warning.

I do not believe that it will come from China or Russia; but rather from Mystery Babylon's next move as they no longer can bring havoc in the Middle East anymore since Russia last move in bringing in the S400 that can bring down any aircrafts within 250 miles of radius. (see Post#178547)

Also I expect some natural disasters coming from the Lord to shake some sense into us.

As far as my understanding goes, there's ony 1+ year left (see Post #161945) before Mystery Babylon will be fully destroyed. I expect this last year will be the most significant up 'till now.

Blessings
Re: Modern Prophecies to Consider [Re: Charity] #178550
11/29/15 05:07 PM
11/29/15 05:07 PM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
Originally Posted By: mark
The gentile Magi were more knowledgeable of the prophecies and in tune with the living prophetic gift than God's people.
The Magi had more to go on than a "7" on the face of a cow. And so do we when we study Daniel and Revelation.

EGW writes: When the books of Daniel and Revelation are better understood, believers will have an entirely different religious experience. {TM 114.4} Why, because they will then be scared to death and have a forced repentance? No. Because they will see the true non-violent character of a God we can love.

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Re: Modern Prophecies to Consider [Re: APL] #178551
11/29/15 05:19 PM
11/29/15 05:19 PM
C
Charity  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2020

4500+ Member
USA
Originally Posted By: APL
The gentile Magi were more knowledgeable of the prophecies and in tune with the living prophetic gift than God's people.
The Magi had more to go on than a "7" on the face of a cow. And so do we when we study Daniel and Revelation.

EGW writes: When the books of Daniel and Revelation are better understood, believers will have an entirely different religious experience. {TM 114.4} Why, because they will then be scared to death and have a forced repentance? No. Because they will see the true non-violent character of a God we can love.
That quote is one of my favorites. I hope you have a look at my paper because the main purpose is to show how Ellen White encourages the study for these books from a fresh, current perspective.

I'll have a look James at the "little while" phrase. That's worth checking into.

I think you may have me confused with someone else regarding February being the start of 3.5 years. I don't think that and I wasn't aware that anyone on the Z3 site was promoting that or on any other site. Your post is the first I've heard of it as far as I know.

Re: Modern Prophecies to Consider [Re: Charity] #178552
11/29/15 05:22 PM
11/29/15 05:22 PM
C
Charity  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2020

4500+ Member
USA
Btw, I'm not a prophet or the son of a prophet. If you're part of the remnant you will understand prophecy and be part of a prophetic movement.

Re: Modern Prophecies to Consider [Re: Charity] #178553
11/29/15 05:29 PM
11/29/15 05:29 PM
C
Charity  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2020

4500+ Member
USA
Elle, I'm still cogitating on your comments. Interesting.

Re: Modern Prophecies to Consider [Re: Charity] #178554
11/29/15 05:50 PM
11/29/15 05:50 PM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
Btw, I'm not a prophet or the son of a prophet. If you're part of the remnant you will understand prophecy and be part of a prophetic movement.
Such as the number "7" on cows? And what if all these predictions you list don't come true? Reject them and look to the next sensational thing?

God desires the light found in the books of Daniel and Revelation to be presented in clear lines. It is painful to think of the many cheap theories picked up and presented to the people by ignorant, unprepared teachers. Those who present their human tests and the nonsensical ideas they have concocted in their own minds, show the character of the goods in their treasure house. They have laid in store shoddy material. Their great desire is to make a sensation. {1MR 62.3} (read the whole chapter)

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Re: Modern Prophecies to Consider [Re: Charity] #178556
11/29/15 10:02 PM
11/29/15 10:02 PM
jamesonofthunder  Offline
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
Originally Posted By: Mark Shipowick
I found it "interesting" that they made a big deal about 2 cows being born with the number "7" on their head as if this was a very important sign. Is that where we should be looking for signs?

I agree. The calves with the "7" on their heads should be questioned. Many though are biased against modern prophecy to the point that no amount of evidence will persuade them. We want hearts that are open to the evidence regardless of the "unusual" sources God may use. History is repeating. The gentile Magi were more knowledgeable of the prophecies and in tune with the living prophetic gift than God's people.

Here's a link to a paper I wrote inviting investigation into how Ellen White applied end-time prophecy.

What?

"Lead the minds of the youth from truth to truth, up higher and higher, showing them how scripture interprets scripture, one passage being the key to other passages. Thus the Scripture itself will be the educating power, holding the thoughts in captivity to Christ.—Letter 27a, 1892. {Ev 581.1}

where does the bible say that two calves having 7's on the heads have anything to do with scripture and are saying you are like the Magi? WOW! You need help.

Search me oh God and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts, see if there is any offensive way in me and lead me to the way everlasting. Amen
Re: Modern Prophecies to Consider [Re: Elle] #178562
11/29/15 11:47 PM
11/29/15 11:47 PM
C
Charity  Offline OP
SDA
Charter Member
Active Member 2020

4500+ Member
USA
Originally Posted By: Elle
Thanks for sharing this and the link of this group. . .

So I can see that many who posts in that sites, are learning to hear like any others -- meaning that what they have expressed in their own words a) may not be the word of the Lord by adding their own interpretation of what they saw and heard. and b)not fully understanding what the Lord is doing for they are just a young learner.

This is fine and part of the learning process. These people needs to be praised and encouraged to continue their learning walk with the Spirit. I'm sure there are good gems from them to be retrieved. However, you need the Holy Spirit yourself to filter out all the learning mistakes they are doing and only extract what is coming from Him. . . .

Concerning, America being in the receiving ends of woes -- I do expect this to happen also. It's been like 10 years the Lord send Jonathan Cahn to give us this warning.

I do not believe that it will come from China or Russia; but rather from Mystery Babylon's next move as they no longer can bring havoc in the Middle East anymore since Russia last move in bringing in the S400 that can bring down any aircrafts within 250 miles of radius. (see Post#178547)

Also I expect some natural disasters coming from the Lord to shake some sense into us.

You're aware Elle that your view of learning how to prophesy is unorthodox? In fact, the idea of learning to prophesy was so foreign to me that I almost dismissed it immediately. But then I thought maybe I should look at that idea more carefully. For one thing, like you said, those who get these revelations initially may not be able to tell the difference between their imagination and a revelation. On the Z3 site for example, it's common for the person sharing their dream or vision to give a caution that they aren't sure it's from the Lord and directing people to prayer and the scriptures. That's a good sign and healthy. I think James has the same struggle here on Maritime. A lot of what he writes in his blogs is inspiring but at times he mistakes impressions for inspiration and is offended when we doubt some of his material and/or thinks he's being persecuted because he's not always believed.

I fully believe James has had some direct revelations from the Lord. His conversion story sounds authentic and some other things - just not everything. It's not that anyone here is intentionally trying to offend or persecute this brother who we should love and respect. It's that each one of us has a God-given responsibility to compare the revelation of a peer with scripture.

Re: Modern Prophecies to Consider [Re: Charity] #178567
11/30/15 06:23 AM
11/30/15 06:23 AM
A
Alchemy  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2018

Most Dedicated Member
Asia
I found it "interesting" that they made a big deal about 2 cows being born with the number "7" on their head as if this was a very important sign. Is that where we should be looking for signs?

I agree. The calves with the "7" on their heads should be questioned. Many though are biased against modern prophecy to the point that no amount of evidence will persuade them. We want hearts that are open to the evidence regardless of the "unusual" sources God may use. History is repeating. The gentile Magi were more knowledgeable of the prophecies and in tune with the living prophetic gift than God's people.

Here's a link to a paper I wrote inviting investigation into how Ellen White applied end-time prophecy.

Mark,

You're not making sense. I haven't seen or heard anything remotely legitimate.

Maybe, you can take the time and truly understand Daniel 7 and learn that these other claims aren't worth the time.

Re: Modern Prophecies to Consider [Re: Charity] #178569
11/30/15 07:01 AM
11/30/15 07:01 AM
jamesonofthunder  Offline
Banned
SDA
Active Member 2015

3500+ Member
USA
Originally Posted By: Elle
Thanks for sharing this and the link of this group. . .

This is fine and part of the learning process. These people needs to be praised and encouraged to continue their learning walk with the Spirit. I'm sure there are good gems from them to be retrieved. However, you need the Holy Spirit yourself to filter out all the learning mistakes they are doing and only extract what is coming from Him. . . .

You're aware Elle that your view of learning how to prophesy is unorthodox? In fact, the idea of learning to prophesy was so foreign to me that I almost dismissed it immediately. But then I thought maybe I should look at that idea more carefully. For one thing, like you said, those who get these revelations initially may not be able to tell the difference between their imagination and a revelation. On the Z3 site for example, it's common for the person sharing their dream or vision to give a caution that they aren't sure it's from the Lord and directing people to prayer and the scriptures. That's a good sign and healthy. I think James has the same struggle here on Maritime. A lot of what he writes in his blogs is inspiring but at times he mistakes impressions for inspiration and is offended when we doubt some of his material and/or thinks he's being persecuted because he's not always believed.

I fully believe James has had some direct revelations from the Lord. His conversion story sounds authentic and some other things - just not everything. It's not that anyone here is intentionally trying to offend or persecute this brother who we should love and respect. It's that each one of us has a God-given responsibility to compare the revelation of a peer with scripture.

"Those teachers who have not a progressive religious experience, who are not learning daily lessons in the school of Christ, that they may be examples to the flock, but who accept their wages as the main consideration, are not fit for the solemn position they occupy. “Take heed therefore unto yourselves,” the word of God declares, “and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which He hath purchased with His own blood.” “Feed the flock of God which is among you, taking the oversight thereof, not by constraint, but willingly; not for filthy lucre, but of a ready mind.” Acts 20:28; 1 Peter 5:2. These words are spoken to the teachers in all our schools, which are established, as God designed they should be, after the example of the schools of the prophets, to impart knowledge of a high order, not mingling dross with the silver. But false ideas and unsound practices are leavening that which should ever be kept pure, institutions in which the love and fear of God should ever be first. {CT 281.3}

Our church has become so enamored with their own agenda there is very little of the Spirit they hear. That is why God is circumventing their process and bringing in others who have learned DIRECTLY from Him instead of the errors of their peers.

Have you ever made a recording of a recording of a recording? What happens is the signal degrades till the flaws are amplified over and over.

God's bible is fresh, but the putting away of the Spirit of Prophecy has hindered the work. Instead of dealing with issues our God told us to deal with through His servant Ellen White, they have focused on psychology and earthly pursuits.

Where in the Spirit of Prophecy does it say a pastor gets a free house and $65,000 a year? Or free schooling for their children when others are put out of the schools for not making the multi thousand dollar payments? Only the rich get a Seventh Day Adventist schooling?

The school of the prophets is for those who listen to the word above anything. But even in the days of Jesus they had been stagnated and He as a child could share more truth than they could bear. Was Jesus just more gifted? Or was this because of confidence in the word of God and the Spirit who wrote those words?

When a child prays God hears them. Not because of their knowledge but because of their faith.

Faith is essential to learning in the Spirit.

Some have greater faith than others and their lives should be lifted up as an example and encouraged. I was so excited to be told by God that He loves me and He wants me to learn under His guidance, then I came and shared my experience and was immediately shot down by every leader I met in the church. WHY?

Just because I claimed that GOD had lead me to the Sabbath truth and the SDA church, they could not take credit. They could not reign me into their line of thinking. They refused to baptize me for over a year, when other people who went through a two week Leo Schreven seminar who were still smoking and drinking were baptized right then. On the seventh day of my fast when God showed me the Sabbath truth and I heard His voice tell me to join the SDA church I was given total victory over drugs and alcohol like a gift through faith, and I left what I was being groomed for, a multi million dollar job of rock musician/ recording artist/ sound engineer. Most of the 55 new members of the Fairbanks SDA church who were baptized the same day God taught me about the Sabbath continued doing the same things in their lives they had before claiming the title SDA, making no change, yet some were made deaconesses and deacons in their first month being baptized, and I was put out of the congregation because God told me to contend with their desire to change the church and ordain women elders.

I can tell you how God thinks on this if anyone is interested. But very few are. This is a testimony of why there are no schools of the prophets any more. When prophecy is ignored what makes them think they are working for God?

"The very last deception of Satan will be to make of none effect the testimony of the Spirit of God. “Where there is no vision, the people perish” (Proverbs 29:18). Satan will work ingeniously, in different ways and through different agencies, to unsettle the confidence of God’s remnant people in the true testimony.—Selected Messages 1:48 (1890). {LDE 177.5}

I love the Spirit of Prophecy and scripture and I am blessed for it, to give to others, but very few want to learn. Everyone seems to have their own opinions of what this verse means or that. No unity in knowledge of the truth.

There has not been even one time that God has shown me something that I could not find total support for in the Spirit of Prophecy, yet even my closest brothers in the church find something to argue with.

I am not perfect, but the God who teaches me with no one else involved IS perfect. He knows what He meant when He wrote those words through the prophets and He shows me directly. Then I present it faithfully and people fall all over themselves to try to hurt me or challenge the message. So much so that I have wanted to be rid of the church many times. That is my flaw. I am a son of thunder. I do not revel in it.

But my God encourages me to stay, even without a place to congregate (which makes me very sad). He tells me to continue to pay tithe and offering on everything He gives, to a church that not one person has tried to contact me from in over 6 years.

How many of you could endure that much? My wonderful wife, the miracle of miracles in my life has seen it all. God led her right to me. She supports everything yet the church that we were married in has not even contacted her in 6 years. They sent a police officer to tell us not to come to the Andover church any more because I stood up against a lesbian elder. How many of you would still be desiring to be part of this church?

I am blessed because I have not given up hope or faith in God. I will be victorious and those who persecuted me will fall by the side. EVERY SINGLE PERSON who abused me have left the church. No longer calling themselves SDA.

I fear for them and pray. ***** STAFF EDIT *****

Last edited by Daryl; 12/01/15 12:22 AM. Reason: Removed inappropriate content.

Search me oh God and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts, see if there is any offensive way in me and lead me to the way everlasting. Amen
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/25/24 09:37 AM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 04/24/24 02:15 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!