HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,598
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 14
kland 9
Daryl 3
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
ProdigalOne
ProdigalOne
Alberta, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
6 registered members (ProdigalOne, dedication, Kevin H, Karen Y, Daryl, 1 invisible), 3,212 guests, and 21 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 32 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 31 32
Re: Does the Bible Teach that Everybody Is Saved, or that Some Are Saved? [Re: Elle] #179628
03/04/16 07:14 PM
03/04/16 07:14 PM
asygo  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2023

5500+ Member
California, USA
Originally Posted By: Elle
Originally Posted By: asygo
It seems that in your view, the debt of sin is repaid, not by death, but by a very very very long sermon. Having sat through some long sermons specifically designed to pummel me into submitting to a belief I oppose and reject, I imagine that is a fate that could be far worse than death.

Sorry to sound like a sermon and it appears that I have annoyed you. The fact of the situation is that since I come from the other spectrum of a view; it has to be explained why and what biblical source that led me to believe in such. Also the fact that many has nailed the laws to the cross and don't reflect on it; and truth hinges on this(Is 8:20) is another problem and it needs to be explained. I try to be as brief as I can, but I do know I have a problem in not being succint.

It looks like you guys have had quite a bit of fun since I took my break. I'll catch up over the next few days.

I just want to clarify that I am not annoyed in the least. You and I can disagree as vigorously as we can muster, and it won't annoy me as long as there is a genuine exchange of ideas. What will annoy me are attempts to suppress honest dissent, when ideas flow only in one direction. That is a spirit I have no interest in engaging.

If you need a long post or many posts or many long posts to explain your ideas, I have no problem with that. If I get tired or run out of time, I know how to shut down my computer. LOL

The reference to a long sermon was not about you. I was remembering instances of literally sitting through sermons at church that were designed to oppose my beliefs. Given that there is usually no exchange of ideas during sermons, you can imagine how much it annoys me when that happens.

That is how I envision your description of the 40,000+ year session with the broad road travellers. They will get a sermon until they change their mind (or soul, as some call it).

BTW, is Satan going to be in that congregation?

By God's grace,
Arnold

There is no excuse for any one in taking the position that there is no more truth to be revealed, and that all our expositions of Scripture are without an error. The fact that certain doctrines have been held as truth for many years by our people, is not a proof that our ideas are infallible. Age will not make error into truth, and truth can afford to be fair. No true doctrine will lose anything by close investigation. RH 12/20/1892
Re: Does the Bible Teach that Everybody Is Saved, or that Some Are Saved? [Re: Elle] #179630
03/05/16 03:35 AM
03/05/16 03:35 AM
asygo  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2023

5500+ Member
California, USA
Could it be possible that the Lord is able to bring everyone to repentance at the great white throne?

Jesus spoke of the narrow way "which leads to life, and there are few who find it." If everyone eventually repents and receives life, in what way is that "few"? That would be "all."

I did tell you in post#179538 that the narrow road -- this "few" -- applies to the 2nd coming of Jesus when only the Overcomers will resurrect to reign with Christ during the Millennium. This few does NOT apply to those at the 2nd resurrection - the broad road. I even bold it and supersized the text as such :
Originally Posted By: elle
Narrow Gate is the 1st Resurrections, the Broader road is the 2nd

Maybe you didn't read that big section in my post and just missed it.

So I did assumed that you had read it and since you quoted only the section about those that resurrect after the Millennium; so I tried to address that group -- and yes I did assumed you held the standard believe that only those that resurrect at the 1st resurrection gets life, and those that resurrect at the 2nd don't -- they get annihilated.

When Jesus said people are on the road that leads to life, I interpret that to mean that they will live in the end. When Jesus said people are on the road that leads to destruction, I interpret that to mean that they will be destroyed in the end.

You simply missed what I said in that post.

I think I understand what you meant. What I'm trying to say is that it doesn't match what I think Jesus meant.

For example, Jesus said few will find the road to life. What you're saying is that few will find the road to life at the 1st resurrection, but everybody will eventually find it at the 2nd resurrection. You are adding to what Jesus said in a way that changes what He meant.

Yes, I believe those who miss the 1st resurrection will be annihilated. In fact, you cited a verse that I believe teaches that:
Whereas in John 5:28 talks about the 2nd resurrection where “ ALL who are in the tombs shall hear His voice, 29 and shall come forth; those who did the good deeds…, those who commited the evil deeds…

What happens to "those who commited the evil deeds"? The full verse makes a distinction between the different types of resurrections.

Do not marvel at this; for the hour is coming in which all who are in the graves will hear His voice and come forth—those who have done good, to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil, to the resurrection of condemnation. (John 5:28-29)

I believe Jesus was making a contrast between the 1st resurrection that leads to life and the 2nd resurrection that leads to condemnation. But in your view, that "condemnation" also eventually leads to life, 40,000+ years later. So you would have Jesus saying, "those who have done good, to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil, to the resurrection of life also, but later."

I said that all will repent and submit to the Lord's judgment and leadings.

God has also granted to the Gentiles repentance to life. (Acts 11:18)

Repentance leads to life. So in your view, the wages of sin is not death, but postponed life.

By God's grace,
Arnold

There is no excuse for any one in taking the position that there is no more truth to be revealed, and that all our expositions of Scripture are without an error. The fact that certain doctrines have been held as truth for many years by our people, is not a proof that our ideas are infallible. Age will not make error into truth, and truth can afford to be fair. No true doctrine will lose anything by close investigation. RH 12/20/1892
Re: Does the Bible Teach that Everybody Is Saved, or that Some Are Saved? [Re: Elle] #179644
03/05/16 04:34 PM
03/05/16 04:34 PM
asygo  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2023

5500+ Member
California, USA
However, to my understanding there will be a harsher judgment for the abusive servants that will receive their rewards with the unbeliever(basically will be cast out) and will be thrown in the lake of fire. The lake of fire judgment goes until the end of Jubilee. The first Sabbath Millennium is the first weekly-Millennium Sabbath. Thus the end of the Great Jubilee is 7 x 7 Millenium = 49,000 years. It will be at the end of the Great Jubilee that the unbelievers and the abusive believers will receive their IMMORTAL Robe(life).

Are you saying these people will be burning for 49,000 years as payment for their sins, then they will receive eternal life?

No, I said the fire is symbolic of the law. No, I never said there's a 42,000 years of literal burning (49,000 years total minus the 7,000 years that elapse at the time of the Great White throne Judgment). The total time of the payment for their sins depends on how much the total sums of their crimes amount to. Many will pay before the Great Jubilee will come. But for those that their debt are greater than what their 42,000 years can pay, the Jubilee law sets a limit of time for sin. At the Great Jubilee, all debts are cancelled(forgiven) and all are restored back to their inheritance = glorified body.

This is why it seems you are saying that the impenitent will also live eternally.

In your view, people will be paying for their sins in the Lake of Fire, which you also equate to a re-education process that eventually leads to repentance. This process can take thousands of years.

But you say there may be those who can't fully pay off their sins even after 42,000 years (which translates to usury with a pretty high interest rate, since the longest life of sin we know was only 969 years long). These sinners get in because of the Jubilee limit, not because they have come to repentance. Am I understanding you correctly?

By God's grace,
Arnold

Re: Does the Bible Teach that Everybody Is Saved, or that Some Are Saved? [Re: asygo] #179650
03/05/16 09:18 PM
03/05/16 09:18 PM
E
Elle  Offline
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
It seems that in your view, the debt of sin is repaid, not by death, but by a very very very long sermon. Having sat through some long sermons specifically designed to pummel me into submitting to a belief I oppose and reject, I imagine that is a fate that could be far worse than death.

Sorry to sound like a sermon and it appears that I have annoyed you. The fact of the situation is that since I come from the other spectrum of a view; it has to be explained why and what biblical source that led me to believe in such. Also the fact that many has nailed the laws to the cross and don't reflect on it; and truth hinges on this(Is 8:20) is another problem and it needs to be explained. I try to be as brief as I can, but I do know I have a problem in not being succint.

It looks like you guys have had quite a bit of fun since I took my break. I'll catch up over the next few days.

I just want to clarify that I am not annoyed in the least. You and I can disagree as vigorously as we can muster, and it won't annoy me as long as there is a genuine exchange of ideas. What will annoy me are attempts to suppress honest dissent, when ideas flow only in one direction. That is a spirit I have no interest in engaging.

...The reference to a long sermon was not about you. I was remembering instances of literally sitting through sermons at church that were designed to oppose my beliefs. Given that there is usually no exchange of ideas during sermons, you can imagine how much it annoys me when that happens.

Sorry for misunderstanding what you meant with the sermonizing and thinking you were referring to me. Forgive me for making those comments afterwards about you "being annoyed with me". It shows that I was hurt by it; but yet it is not a reason to say those comments.

You know I was a little surprise after reading your post that you would say such things as I never read that sort of attitude from you. I should of stick to my initial gut feeling and re-read your post. But no I just reasoned with it that maybe I hit you on a hard day or touching too deeply on sensitive topics. Anyway, so sorry for this.

Originally Posted By: Asygo
That is how I envision your description of the 40,000+ year session with the broad road travellers. They will get a sermon until they change their mind (or soul, as some call it).

Since my post was already too long, I skipped explaining about the Jubilee law. So I understand why this "way outside the box" interpretation is very unfamiliar.

Nope! was that short enough of an answer wink

Blessings
Re: Does the Bible Teach that Everybody Is Saved, or that Some Are Saved? [Re: Elle] #179651
03/06/16 02:42 AM
03/06/16 02:42 AM
dedication  Online Content
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada

Nope! was that short enough of an answer wink

According to your understanding, Elle, the "lake of fire" is not a physically burning, destroying to ashes, place? If I remember correctly you interpret the lake of fire as being re-educated by the law? Is that your interpretation?

According to scripture: Those not in the book of life are thrown into the lake of fire . (Rev. 20:15)

And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire as well as the false prophet. (20:10)

Mattherw 25:41 says Those who aren't Christs are told to Depart from Him, they are cursed, and sent into the fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

Re: Does the Bible Teach that Everybody Is Saved, or that Some Are Saved? [Re: asygo] #179654
03/06/16 05:05 AM
03/06/16 05:05 AM
E
Elle  Offline
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
Quote:
Elle: Could it be possible that the Lord is able to bring everyone to repentance at the great white throne?
asygo:Jesus spoke of the narrow way "which leads to life, and there are few who find it." If everyone eventually repents and receives life, in what way is that "few"? That would be "all."
Elle:I did tell you in post#179538 that the narrow road -- this "few" -- applies to the 2nd coming of Jesus when only the Overcomers will resurrect to reign with Christ during the Millennium. This few does NOT apply to those at the 2nd resurrection - the broad road.

Maybe you didn't read that big section in my post and just missed it.

So I did assumed that you had read it and since you quoted only the section about those that resurrect after the Millennium; so I tried to address that group -- and yes I did assumed you held the standard believe that only those that resurrect at the 1st resurrection gets life, and those that resurrect at the 2nd don't -- they get annihilated.

Asygo:When Jesus said people are on the road that leads to life, I interpret that to mean that they will live in the end. When Jesus said people are on the road that leads to destruction, I interpret that to mean that they will be destroyed in the end.

Elle:You simply missed what I said in that post.

I think I understand what you meant. What I'm trying to say is that it doesn't match what I think Jesus meant.

For example, Jesus said few will find the road to life. What you're saying is that few will find the road to life at the 1st resurrection, but everybody will eventually find it at the 2nd resurrection.

Yes. Those in the broad road will have to undergo destruction[be humbled] before finding life.

You are adding to what Jesus said in a way that changes what He meant.

Where? And how?

Am I understanding your interpretation correct : Do you understand Jesus means only the few who enters in the way that leadeth to life will have immortal life? If so do you also believe that all the believers that entered the broad way never entered into the life path from the beginning? I believe that all the believers in the broad road have entered the life path that starts at Passover representing their conversion; however they never finished the path and have not entered the Pentecost and/or the Tabernacle spiritual growth level as opposed to the Overcomers that finished the complete LIFE PATH.

We see this dimension expressed by Jesus who worded that these believers (servants) that “knew his lord’s will” but “didn’t prepare himself… shall be beaten with many stripes” Lk 12:47 They are not prepared because they didn’t go thru Pentecost or/and Tabernacle. Jesus doesn’t say these servant will be annihilated or they will be killed but will suffer some lashes(whatever this means spiritually in application).

According to other parables, they will receive a lesser fate compare to the believers that are found beating their fellowservants. Jesus said of those that they will find their fate with the unbelievers.

Both of these fate is for the believers in the broader road that leads to destruction(=humbling) via some lashings or paying the full sum of their debts like the unbelievers. I will cover this more later.

Yes, I believe those who miss the 1st resurrection will be annihilated. In fact, you cited a verse that I believe teaches that:
Whereas in John 5:28 talks about the 2nd resurrection where “ ALL who are in the tombs shall hear His voice, 29 and shall come forth; those who did the good deeds…, those who commited the evil deeds…

What happens to "those who commited the evil deeds"? The full verse makes a distinction between the different types of resurrections.

Do not marvel at this; for the hour is coming in which all who are in the graves will hear His voice and come forth—those who have done good, to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil, to the resurrection of condemnation. (John 5:28-29)

I believe Jesus was making a contrast between the 1st resurrection that leads to life and the 2nd resurrection that leads to condemnation.

I believe John 5:28,29 is about ONLY the 2nd resurrection
1- Do note that the Greek word for condemnation is krisis that means judgment. So this second group will face the judgment talked about in Rev 20 where all their works will be judged.

2-Notice Jesus says "the hour is coming in which all who are in the graves". He's talking about an hour [or a point in time] when ALL who are in the graves will hear His voice. This can not be the 1st resurr. where only a few hears His voice. It can only be the 2nd resurrection. There’s a thousands years between the 1st resurr. and the 2nd. I don’t think that hour lasted 1000 year either.

This "ALL" of the 2nd resurr. has two groups:
1) the “good” to the resurr. of life -- the believers that didn't make it at the first resurrection and
2) the “evil” to the resurr. of judgment -- the unbelievers.

Jesus has presented many parables about the first group who He refers to as a “servant”, or "wicked servant" or “evil servant”. As you well know a servant is a believer.

Why the same wide road Believers are said to be “good” in John 5:28,29 while “wicked” in other Parables?

Why is Jesus referring to them as "wicked" in other parables and in John 5 here as "good". I don’t really know; but two things came to mind:
1)maybe Jesus is referencing these two groups by our own preconceived terms we have towards believers verses unbelievers. This is not unusual as He did the same thing when He gave the parable of the servant who was given 1 talent and buried it thinking His master was hard and reaped what was not his own without Jesus correcting His misrepresentation of Himself in this parable(Mat 25:24).
2)maybe the “good” and the “wicked” is not the difference between the believers and the unbelievers; but rather those that do “good works” versus those that do “evil works” without making a differentiation if they are believers or unbelievers. We all are guilty of doing “evil works” even the overcomers that made it to the 1st resurr. Also we know that many believers do not hear-obey the voice of God, whereas some unbelievers hear it while fulfilling the law without professing Jesus is Lord. So it could be that the “good” and the “wicked” is separated in terms of if we forgive our neighbor their debt towards us, nor mis-treat severily (either physically or mentally) especially those that are under our charge.

Narrow road that lead to life of the 1st ressur. and the Resurrection of life in the 2nd

In Mat 7 we have a division amongst the believers into two groups : the “fruitful” believers versus the “unfruitful” believers or as said in Mat 25:32,33 the Lords divides the believers between the sheep and the goats. The fruitful sheep believers are raised at the 1st resurr. while the “goats” believers resurrects at the 2nd resurr. where we find another division. This time it is “the ALL that are in the grave” that are divided again into 2 groups: the good and the wicked. The “good” (I’m assuming they are the believers) are raised to a resurrection of life while the “wicked” (assuming unbelievers) to a resurrection of judgment. I think the meaning of “resurrection of life” is the same as the “narrow gate that leadeth to life” found in Mat 7. The only difference is the group in Mat 7 received it before the Millennium while those in John 5 received it sometime after the Millennium after receiving their lashing(Luk 12:47,48) and having their “good” works tested against the foundation Jesus has laid(1Cor 3:10-13) that led to their destruction(humbling).

The “good” receives their reward and Life after being tested and receiving their Lashings

Do note that Paul says in 1C 3:15 “If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.” So this text talks about the judgment of the believers or the “good” group where their works will be tested. If all their works are burned because it didn’t come from the Lord’s foundation and came from “stubbles” or “hay”(=flesh), he himself shall be saved because of that fire. The fact the person is not annihilated by that fire; prove that it is not a literal fire but spiritual that represents the Holy Spirit involved in this testing and purifying process of this believer. He may have some good works proven by this fire; but even if he ends up with none whatsoever that stood the test; he himself will be saved by that fire.

Nobody knows how long this testing last and the application of this text and the lashings constitute as this is not reveal in scripture and is reserve to be known during that age. But whatever time it will take to have this done, these two events will bring these believers into full maturity(=Tabernacle) and will receive their reward(some level of responsibility in the Kingdom) then and will receive the immortal and incorrupt body(=life).

Some believers receives their reward and are tormented with the unbelievers

Now some of these servants-beleivers raised at the 2nd resurr. were found mistreating others and the Bible is specific that their fate is with the unbelievers. In Mat 24:49 & Luk 12:46 we read the evil servant that "smite his fellowservants" the Lord shall "appoint him his portion with the unbelievers".
Another type is read in Mat 18 where Jesus speaks of a man that was forgiven a large debt; but then after didn't forgive the small debt of his fellowservant. The text doesn’t use the words that he beated him. But he probably did for the text says “he layed his hands on him and took him by the throat”(v.28) Regardless if he did or not, his judgment was with the unbelievers also by saying the Lord "delivered him to the tormentors, till he should pay all that was due unto to him. "(v.34)
Do notice that in Mat 18 the evil servants was not physically destroyed but his sentence was to pay his entire debt. This is what is symbolized in the law of Jubilee. This would require another long post to go thru the scriptures describing the law of Jubilee. But this is the only place in the whole law where Redemption is defined – within the context of the law of Jubilee. We find many other laws in the Jubilee including paying their debt by being sold for their servitudes. Also it talks about not mistreating the servants-slaves that have rights including every 7th year a sabbatical rest. If the slaves are mistreated the law requires that he be freed. Basically the law of Jubilee is the frameworks and foundation where all other laws given to Moses works into.

But in your view, that "condemnation" also eventually leads to life, 40,000+ years later. So you would have Jesus saying, "those who have done good, to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil, to the resurrection of life also, but later."

Well, they have to undergo destruction[humbling] before they receive life.
I said that all will repent and submit to the Lord's judgment and leadings.

God has also granted to the Gentiles repentance to life. (Acts 11:18)

Repentance leads to life. So in your view, the wages of sin is not death, but postponed life.

Yes repentance leads to life.

And the wages of sin is death(Rom 6:23). Paul had covered this in Rom 5 that because of the sin and the act of one man(=Adam v.12, 15, 17, 18) – death was imputed to ALL MEN. This is the wages of sin that we carried such judgment since the sin of Adam by being made MORTAL. This is the 1st death that was imputed on all mankind because of the sin of Adam.

However, this was reversed by Jesus by imputing His righteousness & LIFE by the act of one man(=Jesus Christ v.15,16,17,18,19). Paul repeated this basic truth in so many ways to make sure we wouldn’t miss it. However, it looks that most still have missed it.

Life is postponed yes and no.

No -- Legally speaking concerning the Father’s point of view, the righteousness of Christ was successfully imputed on all men at the cross. Before the cross, we have in Isaiah 45 the Lord swore saying His word shall not return empty, that “every knee shall bow and every tongue swear. Surely, shall one say “In the Lord have I righteousness and strength” .

The Lord, foreknowing the future, knew that He will lead all men to repentance from the beginning when He drew up His plan of salvation. He said it in so many other ways starting to Abraham saying His seed will bless all the families of the earth. He also been swearing that the whole earth will be filled with His Glory since Moses if not earlier. He repeated this at least 5 times in the Bible and I think much more than this.

Yes – the reality of it is postponed in time and will be done in 3 harvests:

1)the Barley company after 6000 years at Jesus 1st coming;
2)the Wheat company after the 7000 years at the Great White throne;
3)the grape company after 49,000 years at the Great Jubilee.

Blessings
Re: Does the Bible Teach that Everybody Is Saved, or that Some Are Saved? [Re: Daryl] #179655
03/06/16 06:43 AM
03/06/16 06:43 AM
dedication  Online Content
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
7:13 Enter ye in at the narrow gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leads to destruction, and there be many that enter that gate:
7:14 Because narrow is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leads unto life, and there be few that find it.

The broad way -- is the easy way -- it requires no real commitment. It is the door of self gratification, and leads to destruction -- complete destruction, utter destruction, not just humbling.

The contrast is obvious--
One gate and path leads to life
The other gate and road leads to destruction.

Due to sin the human race all ended up on the road to utter destruction.

Christ came to save the lost -- *the perishing" human race which was facing nothing but utter destruction, oblivion --
Without Christ that was the only end point for humanity.

Christ OPENED another door -- the narrow gate that leads to life!

Because the Savior came -- we have a choice--
Continue to slide down the broad road to destruction,
or enter the narrow gate that leads to life.
That choice is presented in scripture as two gates. or doors.

Christ is that DOOR which few find!
John 10:9 I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.

To enter that door, one must "die" that "spiritual" death Paul speaks of --
Romans 6:6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.
6:11 Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.
6:12 Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.
6:13 Neither yield ye your members [as] instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.

That is the "dying daily" that Paul is speaking about. It is not the "second death" it is a dying to sin and living with Christ that MUST take place in this PRESENT LIFE.

It is KNOWING that Christ paid for our sins, (He took our punishment) and we long to be like Him in character -- loving Him.

The born again experience must happen in this life.

What you (Elle) are describing sounds like a revised version of purgatory -- forced repentance, (even though you say it's not forced) but there is no other way of looking at it with thousands of years of being "punished" for one's sins and of brain washing till the person breaks and accepts God.

Re: Does the Bible Teach that Everybody Is Saved, or that Some Are Saved? [Re: asygo] #179658
03/06/16 05:06 PM
03/06/16 05:06 PM
E
Elle  Offline
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
Quote:
Elle:However, to my understanding there will be a harsher judgment for the abusive servants that will receive their rewards with the unbeliever(basically will be cast out) and will be thrown in the lake of fire. The lake of fire judgment goes until the end of Jubilee. The first Sabbath Millennium is the first weekly-Millennium Sabbath. Thus the end of the Great Jubilee is 7 x 7 Millenium = 49,000 years. It will be at the end of the Great Jubilee that the unbelievers and the abusive believers will receive their IMMORTAL Robe(life).

asygo:Are you saying these people will be burning for 49,000 years as payment for their sins, then they will receive eternal life?

Elle:No, I said the fire is symbolic of the law. No, I never said there's a 42,000 years of literal burning (49,000 years total minus the 7,000 years that elapse at the time of the Great White throne Judgment). The total time of the payment for their sins depends on how much the total sums of their crimes amount to. Many will pay before the Great Jubilee will come. But for those that their debt are greater than what their 42,000 years can pay, the Jubilee law sets a limit of time for sin. At the Great Jubilee, all debts are cancelled(forgiven) and all are restored back to their inheritance = glorified body.

asygo:This is why it seems you are saying that the impenitent will also live eternally.

They are not impenitent for once all truth is expose and they receive their judgment fitted for their crimes; then I believe is then Isaiah 45:23-24 will be fulfilled by bowing their knees(=submission) and swearing allegiance saying "the Lord is my righteousness and strength".

In your view, people will be paying for their sins in the Lake of Fire,

This is what I understand Jesus said in the following :

-in Ex 22:3 that "he should make full restitution; if he have nothing, then he shall be sold", This is the basic law for the judgment of sin.

-in Mat 18:25 "But forasmuch as he had not to pay, his lord commanded him to be sold, and his wife, and children, and all hat he had, and payment to be made" You cannot be more direct than that and this comes from the mouth of Jesus. I believe this is a reference to Adam and goes with what Paul says in Rom 5 concerning the imputation of the MORTALITY on all mankind. Because of Adam sin's the whole humanity was sold under sin for Adam sin.

-in Rom 7:14 -- Paul says "I am carnal, sold under sin". Yes, Paul debt has been redeemed by Jesus when he said that; however the debt is still not cancel and He now works for Jesus instead for working under the bondage of sin. But he is still have a debt that his sin incurred; but he's paying it to His redeemer now. That's why he refers himself to a "servant[slave] of Jesus Christ"

-in Mat 18:30 of the man after being forgiven his large debt that didn't forgive the small debt of his fellowservants Jesus said "cast him into prison, till he should pay the debt" I can only see that the prison is the lake of fire, and this believer will be required to pay his entire debt. I don't if this judgment is so because he beated his fellowservants or only because he couldn't forgive the small debt. It's possible that it is based only on not being able to forgive for the Lord will judge you with the same measure you will judge others.

-in Deut 28:68 "ye shall be sold unto your enemies" Here the Lord applies this basic "sold" law on a corporate level for the nation of Israel whenever they were disobedient. If you read in the book of Judges, we see this exact wording "he sold them ...to..enemies"Jud 2:14 "he sold them ..to..Mesopotamia" Jud 3:8 "he sold them..to..Canaan" Jud 4:2 "he sold them...to the Philistine"Judge 10:7; The Lord sold Israel 6 times in total to other nation before they cried for to be ruled by a Man instead for they thought the Lord's judgment-correction was too severe. That did divert them being sold to nation somewhat, but then as you know on the 7th time Israel were "sold" to the Assyrian with the destruction verdict. So here we see the Lord gave small correction (judgments) before a bigger sentence - the destruction. However, once deported, Isaiah emmediatly talk about the restoration of Natural Israel in his letter. I do not see destruction equating to annihilation in scriptures even for the corporate level despite they underwent some physical destruction. Anyway the point that is being made right now is the "sold" judgment-concept is all over the Bible. That's the way the Lord dealt with His people in the past as prescribed in the law.

-in Lev 25:23 "the land shall not be sold for ever". This symbolic term "land" really apply to our body for we are made from the dust of the ground. Adam was named after the ground('adamah) he was taking from. The law of Jubilee talks about "returning to your possession" the spiritual application of the law is not a return to a physical piece of property on earth; it is about returning to our immortal & incorrupt body-land state Adam had before he fell -- the glorified body -- that the feast of Tabernacle pre-figures. This is the meaning of the Lord oath in Num 14 "But as truly as I live, all the earth shall be filled with thee glory of the Lord".(see also Ps 72:19; Is 6:3; Hab 2:14) He's referring to all the people of the earth in these passages.

-Also the law of Jubilee talks about "all debts are cancelled" when the Jubilee time rolls over.

-Deut 15:12 Whoever is sold shall serve 6 years, then "the 7th year thou shalt let him go free from thee." This law goes hand in hands with Lev 25:4 where the Lord said to give the land a Sabbatical yearly rest. But after the Sabbath yearly rest, the slaves returns to work to pay for their debt that is owed, until it is fully paid or until the Jubilee rolls over. Whatever comes first. This is why the first Millennium after Jesus 2nd coming will be the first "Sabbath Millennium" cycle of the Jubilee. The Great White Throne judgment comes after the first Sabbath Millennium is completed. This is when the real judgment-business is addressed with these two groups of people raised at the 2nd resurr.

v.23 "...for the land in mine" Since the Lord is the owner of our body (and also the earth) no-one has the right to sell themselves "to the devil" for eternity. If we signed such contract, well the Lord trumps it with His law of Jubilee because He both owns the devil and us and no such deal is lawful.

which you also equate to a re-education process that eventually leads to repentance. This process can take thousands of years.

As you know I did not equate the lake of fire as a "re-education process". The lake of fire is the execution of the sentenced issued at the Great White throne.

The "inhabitants learning righteousness when judgment is in the land"(Is 26:9) is a by-product of this judgment. This is the basic principle our own children learns also to do right when we corrects them.

The primary purpose of the lake of fire is to establish the lawful order in the land by fulfilling all of these :

-bringing justice to the victims for the damages incur,
-giving a chance for the offender to make it right to the victim with useful work towards paying for their debt,
-reconciling the victim with the offender,
-and to restore the offender

All of these goals are part of this "esbablishing the lawful order". And this can only be done justly by addressing sin with a rightful judgment that fits their crimes (the sentenced of restitution is just -- not less, nor greater than the damage incured) according to the law of judgments already given to Moses.

Do notice what the Lord says in Isaiah 26:10 "Let favour[mercy] be shewed to the wicked, [yet] will he not learn righteousness: in the land of uprightness will he deal unjustly, and will not behold the majesty of the LORD."

Overall, the last 6000 years, mercy was shown to the wicked, both to the wicked believers and the unbelievers. Today we can all witness and conclude that it did not produce righteousness or respect for the Lord with all this time or with all our increasing advance knowledge. We see this principle also while raising our own children. If we do not correct[bring judgment] their behavior; their behavior will get worst. If our judgment is not just and too harsh; it will not produce respect towards us. It is very important that our judgment is very fair to lead our children to respect us and to come to obey us and to learn the right way. Personally, what I have learnt that giving them a time of mercy with warning is a necessary foundation before bringing them our judgment-correction.

But you say there may be those who can't fully pay off their sins even after 42,000 years (which translates to usury with a pretty high interest rate,

???Usury. A forgiveness of all debt is not a usury.

since the longest life of sin we know was only 969 years long).

I'm not understanding your question.

-"the longest life of sin was only 696" -- Ok I think I got a little what you are saying. (Not that it matters, but wasn't it 969? or something around there). Remember that death and hades was cast in the lake of fire(Rev 20:14) before the people were cast in(Rev 20:15). Thus these people will live the fullest time of 42,000 years until the Great Jubilee rolls over. No one will die again the 1st death. Despite they will be kept alive all these years, they won't have their immortal and uncorrupt body until the Great Jubilee comes. Thus they will still struggle with the "flesh" and will learn to hear-obey the Lord's voice like any other people that received their inheritance before them.

These sinners get in because of the Jubilee limit, not because they have come to repentance. Am I understanding you correctly?

I don't understand what you mean with "get in because of the Jubilee limit".

Remember they have come to repentance before being cast into the symbolic lake of fire. When someone repents & submit to the Lord, it doesn't mean all the laws are automatically written in our hearts. We all know that. We are all [supposively] learning to hear-obey the Lord.

Blessings
Re: Does the Bible Teach that Everybody Is Saved, or that Some Are Saved? [Re: dedication] #179659
03/06/16 09:40 PM
03/06/16 09:40 PM
E
Elle  Offline
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: dedication
[quote=ProdigalOne]

The "confusion" is the claim being made that the soul is some sort of separate entity that exists apart from the physical body.

??? You must be talking about someone else because I did not say this nor allude to this concept

But you did say:

Yes -- "the soul that sinneth it shall die" Ezk 18:4

Notice in the above text it specifies that it is the SOUL that must die, not the body.

No. you are mis-representing what I said and I had clarified that to you by addressing every false assumption you had made of what I had said or implied.

I fully realize that you have made the "destruction" a symbolic destruction, and spiritualize the endtime destruction away to mean that everyone is humbled, repents and is re-educated.

You say the texts talking of end time "destruction" isn't "utter destruction" of the person, but a destruction of their minds causing them to repent, then being re-education. I disagree.

My point is that you are misinterpreting the text.
When the text says the "soul that sins will die"
I believe it will die, not be re-educated.

There is a physical birth and a spiritual birth[born of the Spirit].
There is a physical death and a spiritual death[death of the mind].
There is a physical destruction and a spiritual destruction[destruction of the pride].

These are all biblical concepts talked about all over scriptures.

And even if you agree that "soul" means the mind, ability to think, reason, love, choose, the very essence of what makes a person, a person etc. if THAT IS DESTROYED, they will never understand spiritual things either.
The personhood will be destroyed, and if the body is still alive, it will be an empty shell --

That is the meaning of a "living soul". A dead "soul" has lost all those abilities.

I have responded to this already two times. This is the last since there is no point in just repeating ourselves over and over again. I have understood your point of view and I think by now you know mine.

When Paul(or yourself) dies daily[submission of the mind to the will of God], you do not become a vegetable. What I think is totally unreasonable you stubbornly apply a physical death of the mind(soul) to an obvious spiritual death reference of the (mind)soul that we Christian should undergo everyday like Paul. Makes no sense.

You do not believe "destruction" in the end is actual destruction -- but only humbling, and re-educating of the mind.
While I believe "destruction" IS DESTRUCTION, not re-education.

I believe if the text says
the narrow road leads to life,
while the wide road leads to destruction, it means what it says.

BTW. Have you ate the physical flesh and drank the physical blood of Jesus? If not you have no life in you.

AV Jn 6:53 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.

Quote:
LIFE and DESTRUCTION are opposites.
LIFE is LIFE, DESTRUCTION means destruction, not a life of being re-educated under some human priests, in what's supposedly the EARTHLY millennium.

Well during the Millennium is a time to establish the kingdom by which will start small and grow into a mountain and that mountain will fill the whole earth (Dn 2:36) There will be some teachings as any denomination do while on an evangelistic ministry. But the real learning of Righteousness will happen when the Judgment will come on the earth AFTER the Millennium.

I don't think there will be much judgment at Jesus 2nd coming beside all the nations flowing to the Kingdom to learn the wisdom and judgments of the Lord as said in Isaiah 2:2.

Now if all dies at Jesus 2nd coming like you believe and our Churches teaches, who will the Priests rule over during the Millennium? Where will be the nations and the People mentioned in Ezekiel 42-44 that the Priest will intercede on their behalf? Which people will flow to the mountain of the Lord in Isaiah 2:2? People from other planets? crazy

I'm NOT MISINTERPRETING what you say --
I'm disagreeing with what I see as your interpretation, and showing why I disagree.

You may disagree. That's ok.

Quote:
Elle : This is the death -- the Spiritual death that I believe Paul dies daily. Paul does not die daily a Physical death.

dedication : But again -- it does not fit those texts.
To apply that concept to Ezekiel would be to imply that the good son (who will not die) means he doesn't have to "die daily" to have life.

You stubbornly do not want to admit the obvious which makes you sound very unreasonable while exposing your heart idol despite scriptures.

The obvious : Paul didn't die a physical death ; thus it must be a spiritual -- like the submission of the mind to the will of the Lord. Connection with Ezekiel -- soul(mind) must die = same spiritual death Paul dies daily.

Quote:
Elle: We see below that you can only see the mind-Soul Death in a Physical plane, while I'm saying there's also a Spiritual mind-soul death -- the repentance and submission of the mind. This you do not want to make this association or acknowledge that there such repentance that takes place in the mind.

dedication: And yes, I do believe the final destruction of the wicked is very physical.
The texts that speak of "repentance and submission" as part of conversion, are speaking of a spiritual "new birth" in THIS LIFE. This is NOT the second death.

The first death is a PHYSICAL death (we see it every time we go to a funeral -- it is the lot of every human)
The second death is a PHYSICAL death (it is a death from which there is no resurrection.

hmmm...So you say the 1st death and the 2nd death is the same???

Do you believe that the 1st birth and the 2nd birth is the same too?

And what type of death did Paul died daily ??? the 3rd death?

Blessings
Re: Does the Bible Teach that Everybody Is Saved, or that Some Are Saved? [Re: Elle] #179662
03/07/16 03:24 AM
03/07/16 03:24 AM
asygo  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2023

5500+ Member
California, USA
which you also equate to a re-education process that eventually leads to repentance. This process can take thousands of years.

As you know I did not equate the lake of fire as a "re-education process". The lake of fire is the execution of the sentenced issued at the Great White throne.

I thought the Lake of Fire was for the purpose of learning what people didn't learn the first time around. I clearly have no clue what you're proposing. For my sake, please explain what will literally happen from the 2nd coming and onward; only say "lake of Fire" if you actually mean a lake made of fire. I'm obviously confused, so please keep it simple for me. Thanks.

By God's grace,
Arnold

Page 7 of 32 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 31 32

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/25/24 09:37 AM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by ProdigalOne. 04/28/24 02:30 AM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!