HOME CHAT ROOM #1 CHAT ROOM #2 Forum Topics Within The Last 7 Days REGISTER ENTER FORUMS BIBLE SCHOOL CONTACT US

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine Christian Family Fellowship Forums
(formerly Maritime SDA OnLine)
Consisting mainly of both members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Welcomes and invites other members and friends of the Seventh-day Adventist Church to join us!

Click Here To Read Legal Notice & Disclaimer
Suggested a One Time Yearly $20 or Higher Donation Accepted Here to Help Cover the Yearly Expenses of Operating & Upgrading. We need at least $20 X 10 yearly donations.
Donations accepted: Here
ShoutChat Box
Newest Members
ekoorb1030, jibb555, MBloomfield, Dina, Nelson
1323 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums118
Topics9,199
Posts195,597
Members1,323
Most Online5,850
Feb 29th, 2020
Seventh-day Adventist Church In Canada Links
Seventh-day Adventist Church in Canada

Newfoundland & Labrador Mission

Maritime Conference

Quebec Conference

Ontario Conference

Manitoba-Saskatchewan Conference

Alberta Conference

British Columbia Conference

7 Top Posters(30 Days)
Rick H 14
kland 9
Daryl 3
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Member Spotlight
Rick H
Rick H
Florida, USA
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Live Space Station Tracking
Here is a link to show exactly where the Space Station is over earth right now: Click Here
Last 7 Pictures From Photo Gallery Forums
He hath set an harvest for thee
Rivers Of Living Water
He Leads Us To Green Pastures
Remember What God Has Done
Remember The Sabbath
"...whiter than snow..."
A Beautiful Spring Day
Who's Online
3 registered members (Karen Y, Daryl, 1 invisible), 3,130 guests, and 19 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 23 of 32 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 31 32
Re: Does the Bible Teach that Everybody Is Saved, or that Some Are Saved? [Re: kland] #180997
07/13/16 04:18 AM
07/13/16 04:18 AM
A
Alchemy  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2018

Most Dedicated Member
Asia
Originally Posted By: kland
Originally Posted By: Alchemy
kland wrote;

"Setting people on fire is not cruel? What determines if something is cruel?"

Why is it performed! The destruction of the wicked is both justified and beneficial for all involved. God knows He must eradicate sin and its followers to restore His kingdom to its proper state of existence.

So no, God is not in any way cruel when He destroys the wicked.
So are you saying cruelty is determined by whether you have a good reason for doing it? (And this even if the wicked would have died anyway, but God steps in at the last moment to inflict your so-called "non-cruelty". For a good reason, though. Really?) Sounds like a Green definition of: Just because God destroys does not make Him a destroyer.

By the way, Hitler says he had a good reason for setting people on fire. It was for the benefit of the evolutionary advancement of the human race. Some must be extinguished for the benefit of the majority. It is better that some lose their lives than the whole world perish.

Well, God is not Hitler.

And, He doesn't step in at the last minute, as if right before they die! And, of course the reason why makes all the difference. What else would make the any difference?

Re: Does the Bible Teach that Everybody Is Saved, or that Some Are Saved? [Re: Daryl] #181002
07/13/16 09:15 PM
07/13/16 09:15 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
Just want to make sure I understand you correctly. Are you saying the definition of "cruelty" is determined by whether the one doing it has a good reason?

Re: Does the Bible Teach that Everybody Is Saved, or that Some Are Saved? [Re: kland] #181006
07/14/16 12:12 AM
07/14/16 12:12 AM
A
Alchemy  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2018

Most Dedicated Member
Asia
Originally Posted By: kland
Just want to make sure I understand you correctly. Are you saying the definition of "cruelty" is determined by whether the one doing it has a good reason?

Well, God is never cruel!

Re: Does the Bible Teach that Everybody Is Saved, or that Some Are Saved? [Re: Daryl] #181014
07/14/16 08:45 PM
07/14/16 08:45 PM
K
kland  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2024

5500+ Member
Midland
So you're saying, God can't be judged?

Re: Does the Bible Teach that Everybody Is Saved, or that Some Are Saved? [Re: Daryl] #181019
07/15/16 02:30 AM
07/15/16 02:30 AM
dedication  Online Content
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
See what happens in these discussions.
The infinite, all wise, perfectly holy, righteous One, existing in glorious holy light that no mortal can approach and live, is talked about as some common criminal.

God, who is all wise, and all knowing, and totally righteous, has the perfect right to judge and to execute judgment.

Satan wants us to think God is "cruel" if He punishes him (satan).
He encourages sin by telling people God would be cruel if He punishes sinners who mock and trample on God's grace and reject His unfathomable love in trying to save them.

Satan is working with utter zeal and cruelity to ruin everything God made, but God better not do anything about it or Satan points his ugly finger at God and cries "unfair" you are "cruel".
That's Satan's big lie, trying to make it sound like God's perfectly just and righteous punishment, is "cruel".

This conversation is utterly insane in my opinion.
It's attacking God's right to govern, His sovereignty, His justice, His right to uphold His law and expect obedience and hold His creatures accountable.

It mocks the awesome fact that God has poured out all heaven to save sinners, by saying God is cruel when He puts a final end to sin, and restores holiness to the universe.
It infers that God does not hold anyone accountable for their choices just leaves them to natural consequences.
That's probably what satan is hoping for -- that he can hang around and harass the holy city come down from heaven for a long time, God must not pour fire down from heaven to cleanse the earth or He will claim God is cruel.

Last edited by dedication; 07/15/16 03:15 AM.
Re: Does the Bible Teach that Everybody Is Saved, or that Some Are Saved? [Re: Daryl] #181022
07/15/16 04:46 AM
07/15/16 04:46 AM
APL  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2020

5500+ Member
Western, USA
What we have is a Great Controvery dedication. God IS on trial. God wants us to know the truth about His character. Yes, all heaven was poured out to save us. What will God do to us if we reject that incredible gift? Will He then burn you to death?

The question is, does sin cause death or does God? You say sin can't be as bad as it really is and God MUST step in and kill the sinner. But the truth is that the inevitable consequences of sin is death, not execution by God. God is not an executioner. But the devil wants to to view God as THE executioner, THE destroyer.

Christ came to save fallen man, and Satan with fiercest wrath met him on the field of conflict; for the enemy knew that when divine strength was added to human weakness, man was armed with power and intelligence, and could break away from the captivity in which he had bound him. Satan sought to intercept every ray of light from the throne of God. He sought to cast his shadow across the earth, that men might lose the true views of God's character, and that the knowledge of God might become extinct in the earth. He had caused truth of vital importance to be so mingled with error that it had lost its significance. The law of Jehovah was burdened with needless exactions and traditions, and God was represented as severe, exacting, revengeful, and arbitrary. He was pictured as one who could take pleasure in the sufferings of his creatures. The very attributes that belonged to the character of Satan, the evil one represented as belonging to the character of God. Jesus came to teach men of the Father, to correctly represent him before the fallen children of earth. Angels could not fully portray the character of God, but Christ, who was a living impersonation of God, could not fail to accomplish the work. The only way in which he could set and keep men right was to make himself visible and familiar to their eyes. That men might have salvation he came directly to man, and became a partaker of his nature. {ST, January 20, 1890 par. 6}

The Father was revealed in Christ as altogether a different being from that which Satan had represented him to be. Said Christ, "Neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him."
{ST, January 20, 1890 par. 7}

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! ... In his prayer just before his crucifixion, he declared, "I have manifested thy name." "I have glorified thee on the earth; I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do." When the object of his mission was attained,--the revelation of God to the world,--the Son of God announced that his work was accomplished, and that the character of the Father was made manifest to men. {ST, January 20, 1890 par. 9}

Oh, that men might open their minds to know God as he is revealed in his Son! {ST, January 20, 1890}
Re: Does the Bible Teach that Everybody Is Saved, or that Some Are Saved? [Re: Elle] #181024
07/15/16 05:08 PM
07/15/16 05:08 PM
asygo  Offline
SDA
Active Member 2023

5500+ Member
California, USA
Originally Posted By: Elle
topic
This discussion is about whether the Bible teach that EVERYONE is saved (by which I believe) or that SOME are Saved(by which all of you believe).

I've been away for a while. Looking at the last page, the thread seems to have been derailed. Can someone summarize the points on both sides of the thread's actual topic? Thanks.

By God's grace,
Arnold

There is no excuse for any one in taking the position that there is no more truth to be revealed, and that all our expositions of Scripture are without an error. The fact that certain doctrines have been held as truth for many years by our people, is not a proof that our ideas are infallible. Age will not make error into truth, and truth can afford to be fair. No true doctrine will lose anything by close investigation. RH 12/20/1892
Re: Does the Bible Teach that Everybody Is Saved, or that Some Are Saved? [Re: asygo] #181033
07/16/16 01:35 PM
07/16/16 01:35 PM
E
Elle  Offline
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: asygo
Originally Posted By: Elle
topic
This discussion is about whether the Bible teach that EVERYONE is saved (by which I believe) or that SOME are Saved(by which all of you believe).

I've been away for a while. Looking at the last page, the thread seems to have been derailed.

8 pages of derailment! It started at page 16 up to here [page 23]. That's a lot of cleanup to do! Are these pages going to be moved to an appropriate discussion?

Daryl had signal it at the beginning of its derailment. I have seen this same off-topic subject derailing another topic. In case those that are interested in that off-topic -- there's already a few discussions opened for it.

Blessings
Re: Does the Bible Teach that Everybody Is Saved, or that Some Are Saved? [Re: asygo] #181034
07/16/16 03:16 PM
07/16/16 03:16 PM
E
Elle  Offline
Active Member 2019
Died February 12, 2019

2500+ Member
Canada
Originally Posted By: asygo
Can someone summarize the points on both sides of the thread's actual topic? Thanks.

A summary! For sure.

I hope you guys don't mind me doing my version of a summary. I tried to bring forth all the main Biblical text discussed. In one main text, I didn't quote every sub-text that was quoted in the discussion that main text created. While doing this summary, I did see that I didn't answer James 3 texts. I think there was already too much things on the table before starting something else. If you find other that I didn't address, bring it forth. I still have to bring forth Section D (the lake of Fire) of Asygo request.

BTW, if you guys noticed that I didn't start bringing forth my own texts that I have. Up to now, I have been responding to everyone's texts. After everyone will be done, then I'll bring my texts over for you guys to evaluate.

Here's my summary of what was brought forth :

Page 1a : Whosever Believeth Daryl brought John 3:16
Originally Posted By: Daryl
John 3:16 ASV For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth on him should not perish, but have eternal life."
This well known Bible verse is conditional on believing on Jesus to be saved.

Elle : So this text doesn't say neither if everybody or some are saved. We need to go further in the Bible and see if it answer the following questions :

#1. How does an unbeliever come to believe?
#2. Does the Bible say everyone will end up believing?

Page 1b : All Should come to Repentance Then Daryl brought 2 Pe 3:9
Originally Posted By: Daryl
Yes, we have in John 3:16 believe on Him, which would obviously include repentance in 2 Peter 3:9 quoted below:
2Pe 3:9 "The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some count slackness; but is longsuffering to you-ward, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance."

Elle : That leads to two questions -- What does the Bible say about:

1. how does a man comes to repentance?
2. Does salvation rest on whether or not a man repent?

Daryl :This also tells me that unless everybody repents, there will be people who will be lost, as in not saved, which further tells me that everybody will not be saved.

Elle : How does Righteousness by Faith fit with this deduction?

Page 2 to 7 : The Narrow Gate-- Asygo brought Mat 7:13-14

Originally Posted By: Asygo
Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it. Matthew 7:13-14

Few find the way to life; many find the way to destruction.

Elle : In summary, this text needs to be understood with the way Jesus meant it by looking up other texts to find His definition of "destruction", "life", "narrow gate", "the broad road" and His plan of salvation written in the law.

I view this as an application of what Jesus was talking about. Both the Israelites and the Jews were "destroyed" and found themselves "cast out" of the camp. Despite being "cast out" and not going in the "narrow gate" and their nation and establishment LITTERALLY DESTROYED TWICE; many of them were able to RE-ENTER the Kingdom AGAIN.

Then there's prophecies prophesizing the regathering of Literal Israel while bringing in the Gentiles and Judah being unified to them??? Don't we believe in the word of God?

Much more was said that can be read from page 2-7.

Page 4 : After Man ONCE dies comes the Judgment -- Daryl brought Hebrews 9:27
Quote:
KJV " And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:"
This in conjunction with the other verses shows that our choice for salvation is only granted in this life, after which comes the judgment.

Elle: This text doesn't say what Daryl said. There's NO TEXT that I ever seen that says or implies "that our choice for salvation is only granted in this life". If it's not in the Bible then it is most likely a teachings of MEN.

Heb 9:27 is used by universalist or those that believe in ETERNAL HELL FIRE to prove their point. That text says that Man is appointed to only die ONCE. Not Twice like we SDAs believe.

Page 5 : Everyone Will Repent -- Dedication disputed me quoting a version of Is 45:23 :
Originally Posted By: dedication
Isaiah 45:23 I have sworn by Myself, the word has gone forth from My mouth in righteousness and will not turn back, that to Me every knee will bow, every tongue will swear allegiance; They will say of Me, “Only in the Lord are righteousness and strength…”
Allegiance is an ADDED word, not part of scripture.

Elle :Meaning of the Two gestures

1.bowing the knee -- is a submission. All throughout the Bible this is the meaning of bowing before other Gods. This is why Daniel's friends did not bow down to the statue, because it means submission to the god the statue represents.

2. the tongue that swear -- is saying an oath. What type of oath or swearing are they saying?

These are the possibilities that comes to mind. If there's others, please let me know :

a) to swear whatever you are saying is the truth : it could be in a court of law, or to an individual, or to a group of people. This is not the case in this context.

b) to swear that you keep your end of the bargan-contract, your words, or keep this charge. This is also not the case in this context.

c) to swear an allegiance to an authority, to your leader, to a god, to a country, etc... This does fit this context because #1 they have bowed their knee before hand which means they had submitted to someone.

Page 8-10 : From Pre 2nd coming to the Great Jubilee Stemming from our exchange from Mat 7:13-14, Asygo ask for a description of my view from Jesus 2nd coming to after the lake of fire.
Originally Posted By: elle
Here's a handy 4 sections Index with it's link. I haven't posted section D yet.

A. Pentecostal AGE :Pre-2nd Coming
Link : Post#179702
1. Captivity to Babylon :
2. Captives’ Repentance & Fall of Babylon :
3. Transfer of Authority :

B. Tabernacle AGE: The Rule of the Melchisedek Order
Link : Post#179772
4. The 1st Resurrection -- only The Rulers-Overcomers :
5. Jesus 2nd Coming & War :
6. The Lake of fire -- The Beast and the False prophet Cast Alive
7. The Sabbath Millennium :

C. The Judgment of the Dead AGE
Link : Post#179913
8. The 2nd Resurrection :
9. The War
10. The Lake of Fire: Adversary and False Prophet Burn
11. The Great White Throne Judgment
12. The Submission & Swearing Allegiance
13. The Lake of Fire : Death and Hades Cast in

D. The Judgment Execution AGE
Link : Coming Soon.
14.The Lake of Fire: Execution of Judgment sentence of the People
15. The Great Jubilee : Debt canceled, everyone returns to their possession[=Glorious Body]
16. All is Under Jesus feet, then the Son also…that God may be all in all

Page 14a : Not Clear the Guilty -- Alchemy raise the point that God has promised that He will NOT clear the guilty.

Elle : I agree with Alchemy's statement and that's why in the tresspasses offering and elsewhere in the law and in the NT it talks about the RESTITUTION of all things(Act 3:21). That's the purpose of the Great White throne Judgment where the Lord will judge all works and prescribe a restitution according to what is prescribed in the law for that offence[sin].

Sin is a DEBT to be paid. Yes Christ is our redeemer but we need to understand the law of redemption according to what it says in the Jubilee law where we find the most explicit definition of a debt being paid by our redeemer and having to work for Him instead of the slave master. The debt is only TRANSFERED (not erased) to the redeemer. The debt is only cancelled at the end of the Jubilee or if we have paid it before that time comes...whichever comes first. (read Lev 25).

So while those judged pay their restitution prescribed at the Great White throne judgment (aka execution of the pronounced judgment = the lake of fire); that's when they "will learn righteousness" Is 26:9.

Post #180409 respond to it some more where I quote : 1Cor 15:22,23

Page 14b : ALL (not some) will be made ALIVE

Elle : This text is the first of my texts; that explicitly says that ALL will be saved :

AV 1C 15:22 "For as in Adam ALL die, even so in Christ shall ALL be made alive."

Notice the text it says "in Adam ALL die" -- the all here is NOT some -- it is all men that died because of Adam's sin.

Then Paul say in the same verse "EVEN SO in Christ shall ALL be made alive." --the all here is the same all as "in Adam ALL die" -- thus "in Christ shall ALL be made alive" -- NOT some but ALL -- the same ALL that died in Adam will be made alive in Christ.

Blessings
Re: Does the Bible Teach that Everybody Is Saved, or that Some Are Saved? [Re: Daryl] #181035
07/16/16 10:13 PM
07/16/16 10:13 PM
dedication  Online Content
Global Moderator
Supporting Member 2022

5500+ Member
Canada
I'm not so sure it is a complete "derailment".

It simply put a third option to the equation as the discussion basically hinges on --

What is the second death

Elle says the "second death" is not like the first death in that it is not really death as in ceasing to exist, perished or destroyed, but that the second death is simply dying to self, and finally being saved. (Something like that)

APL on the other hand says the "second death" is actual death as in ceasing to exist, but that it is a simply a natural result of sin, that God has nothing to do with it, as God would never remove life from anyone.

General Adventist belief:
After the white throne judgment, when everyone is convinced God in great love and mercy made every provision for mankind to be saved, and the lost realize it is by they own choice that they are lost, fire comes down from heaven and destroys all traces of sin, including those who refused to give up sin.

Rev. 2:10
be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life.
2:11 He that has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; He that overcomes shall not be hurt by the second death.
21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Page 23 of 32 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 31 32

Moderator  dedication, Rick H 

Sabbath School Lesson Study Material Link
Here is the link to this week's Sabbath School Lesson Study and Discussion Material: Click Here
Most Recent Posts From Selected Public Forums
Are the words in the Bible "imperfect"?
by Rick H. 04/26/24 06:05 PM
Seven Trumpets reconsidered
by Karen Y. 04/25/24 09:37 AM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: The Sunday Law
by dedication. 04/22/24 05:15 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Speaks: Part Two
by TruthinTypes. 04/21/24 11:14 PM
Where is the crises with Climate mandates?
by dedication. 04/21/24 09:25 PM
2nd Quarter 2024 The Great Controversy
by dedication. 04/21/24 06:41 PM
Iran strikes Israel as War Expands
by dedication. 04/21/24 05:07 PM
What Happens at the End.
by Rick H. 04/20/24 11:39 AM
Global Warming Farce
by kland. 04/18/24 05:51 PM
Will You Take The Wuhan Virus Vaccine?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:24 PM
Chinese Revival?
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 06:12 PM
Carbon Dioxide What's so Bad about It?
by Daryl. 04/05/24 12:04 PM
Destruction of Canadian culture
by ProdigalOne. 04/05/24 07:46 AM
Most Recent Posts From Selected Private Forums of MSDAOL
Is There A Connection Between WO & LGBTQ?
by dedication. 04/24/24 02:15 PM
The Wound Is Healed! The Mark Is Forming!
by dedication. 04/22/24 06:04 PM
Christian Nationalism/Sunday/C
limate Change

by Rick H. 04/13/24 10:19 AM
A Second American Civil War?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:39 PM
A.I. - The New God?
by kland. 04/11/24 12:34 PM
Perils of the Emerging Church Movement
by ProdigalOne. 04/06/24 07:10 PM
Are we seeing a outpouring of the Holy Spirit?
by dedication. 04/01/24 07:48 PM
Time Is Short!
by ProdigalOne. 03/29/24 10:50 PM
Forum Announcements
Visitors by Country Since February 11, 2013
Flag Counter
Google Maritime SDA OnLine Public Forums Site Search & Google Translation Service
Google

Web www.maritime-sda-online.com

Copyright 2000-Present
Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine).

LEGAL NOTICE:
The views expressed in this forum are those of individuals
and do not necessarily represent those of Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine,
as well as the Seventh-day Adventist Church
from the local church level to the General Conference level.

Maritime 2nd Advent Believers OnLine (formerly Maritime SDA OnLine) is also a self-supporting ministry
and is not part of, or affiliated with, or endorsed by
The General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland
or any of its subsidiaries.

"And He saith unto them, follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matt. 4:19
MARITIME 2ND ADVENT BELIEVERS ONLINE (FORMERLY MARITIME SDA ONLINE) CONSISTING MAINLY OF BOTH MEMBERS & FRIENDS
OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH,
INVITES OTHER MEMBERS & FRIENDS OF THE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHO WISHES TO JOIN US!